Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Murder, She Wrote

[IC]
    That's Doctor Frooglestein to you, sir. Yes, I can read minds.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

[IC] "Then read this, pal!" *remembers when Shawn the Munna almost killed him* "Wait a minute - if you can read minds, then tell me this, pal - WHO'S THE KILLER?!"
    Last edited by infernape612; 18th December 2012 at 3:37 AM.
    Shinies:

I use my divine intervention of the moddish/hostish kind to prevent Doctor Frooglestein from discovering the identity of the murderer.
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Member of the Unofficial Swalot Club
    Friend Safari: Eevee, Audino, and Teddiursa.
    Y Friend Code: 0602-6266-7186

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

(OOC: Hope this starts soon. >.<)

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

(OOC. So do I pal, so do I, I wanna put some 50's kitsch on this murder thingamabob.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Bumping to the first page.

The popularity of this game seems quite underwhelming; only 14 players have joined in 6 weeks, with one of them having apparently dropped out.

IC:
    Indeed, I am unable to discern their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by pikalax View Post
    The popularity of this game seems quite underwhelming; only 14 players have joined in 6 weeks, with one of them having apparently dropped out.

IC:
    Indeed, I am unable to discern their identity.
    Well, there's a friend of mine irl trying to get his post count up so he can join. Another person I know might be joining too, so yeah.

IC:
    I awoke from my unconsciousness. My feet slammed on the ground when I stood up. I immediately saw Geoffrey's body.
    GEOFFREY! WHAT HAP- Oh yeah...I can't believe he's dead. We've been friends since we were a Turtwig and Sentret. I gave him that hat when we won our first battle. We need to give him a proper funeral tonight. Wait; who am I talking to? I worry about myself. Can someone with hands help me pull this knife out of his back? I've tried grabbing things with my beak, but it never works well.
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

I remember when I had to inflate my post-count to get into Murder XIII, and again to get here. I just made random posts in and around the anime area until I hit 20/35. We might seriously have to start this without the full 35 players, though.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    I remember when I had to inflate my post-count to get into Murder XIII, and again to get here. I just made random posts in and around the anime area until I hit 20/35. We might seriously have to start this without the full 35 players, though.
    I think I'll wait a couple weeks to let a few more people sign up, and then we'll start.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Well, it probably won't help that the thread's now on page 4. Let's fix that.

bump a bump bump a bump.

It's been ten days since a new player joined, and the thread is slowly dying. I'm, like, actively performing CPR on this thread, that's how bad it is.

Personally, I'm all for just starting the game already.
    Shinies:

Dusk Sets In
    Night 0 Begins

A reminder: No one can post as it is night.
    The first note will be found in Geoffrey's top hat at dawn. As we have a low number of players, tonight's murder will be skipped; first blood happens Night 1. Murderer, you have until Dawn to PM me your note. Detective, you may not receive your note from me tonight.

NIGHT 0 WILL GO FROM 2:00PM (Central Time), JANUARY 12th TO 4:00PM JANUARY 14th.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

The Horizon Brightens
    Day 1 Begins

Geoffrey's body was buried this morning. Vivian, E, and the Sergeant attempted to cut the locks on the gate, but were unsuccessful. Everyone managed to survive the night, and no note was found.
    DAY 1 WILL BE SKIPPED AS THE MURDERER FAILED TO SEND ME A NOTE AND VICTIM. AS THESE ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FIRST NIGHT, THE MURDERER WILL BE STRIPPED OF THEIR POSITION AND A NEW MURDERER WILL BE SELECTED. THE PREVIOUS MURDERER WILL RECEIVE A STRIKE, AND CONTINUE PLAYING THE GAME.

The previous murderer was shadow_zoroark.

Dusk Sets In
    Night 2 Begins

As the sun sets, the Sergeant loudly attacks the locks a few more times outside, but soon gives up. An eerie mood falls upon the house. The sun sets.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

The Horizon Brightens
    Day 2 Begins

Rosalynn was found dead in the bathroom, covered in blood and slashed across her stomach, her spring severed and her pearl damaged. Stuck on the bathroom mirror was a note, written in what seems to be real blood as ink.

Run before I make you join me
    On the floor in this endless dance
    One...two...three...in this waltz of death
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Murderer, you call me? Now tell me, is this the face of a killer?
    Anthony probably wouldn't think so
    Now you better watch your backs, every hour, every minute...
    You may now begin your deliberation. Remember to vote in the correct format.
    Night 3 will begin 6:00PM January 25th.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Poor Armando Payne. A little victimology here - the character was a female Spoink. Armando was banned from Murder by pikalax a while back - I did my research. Possible motive?

Run before I make you join me This might reference a Ghost type... if there were any. Or Ghosts of the Forums.
    On the floor in this endless dance Mr. Mime's movements kinda look like dancing... Same with Kirlia, pre-evolution of Gallade.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ???
    Anthony probably wouldn't think so Who's Anthony?
    Last edited by infernape612; 19th January 2013 at 12:42 AM.
    Shinies:

Random thoughts.

...Something slow?

There are nine dancing moves. No one playing learns Dragon Dance, Featherdance, Fiery Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, or Quiver Dance. Rain Dance is a fairly commonly distributed move, but no one playing gets it via level-up. Swords Dance also has quite a few users, though the only Pokemon to get it via level-up that's playing is Gallade.

Filler.

A Pokemon that looks innocent, maybe.

Likely a reference to some character's name inspiration, but I can't identify it off the top of my head.

Filler.

I'm most definitely missing something here, so I'll just wait a bit.

Slashing may imply that it's a Pokemon with claws, and I don't know if QEOoD knows that murderer can kill however they want. Probably meaningless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Slashing may imply that it's a Pokemon with claws, and I don't know if QEOoD knows that murderer can kill however they want. Probably meaningless, though.
    The murderer chooses the method of death. It states that in the OP.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Then it seems like Gallade/Ansem the Wise is the most likely suspect so far. And by most likely I mean least unlikely.
    Shinies:

Hmm...let me see what I can guess...

First line somehow made me think of Destiny Bond for some reason, with the whole "take you with me" thing. Maybe a Ghost-type or Gallade?

Next two lines...well, Excitable Boy definitely took the words out of my mouth, with the idea of it probably representing a dancing move. Or could it also be a continuation of the first line and the first three lines mean one thing?

"Is this the face of a killer" is usually used as a caption for all those baby-faced or attractive killers. XD I guess Excitable Boy is right about it probably being a cute/good-looking Pokemon. XD

Anthony...first thing that comes to mind is Iron Man for some strange reason. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

It's very difficult to get much from this note, though I think the reference to Anthony, whoever he is, is the most important. It also just happens to be the most vague part of the note. :|

At the moment, I'm starting to suspect *Jean Grey* and Pikalax, particularly the former.

What I'm interested in is the bunch of lines in the middle that are there for no apparent reason. Would you put them there if they were just taking up space? I don't think so.
    Shinies:

this is what i think
    Run before I make you join me(a pokemon that can prevent a pokemon from escaping? mean look etc...)
    On the floor in this endless dance(same as below)
    One...two...three...in this waltz of death (a dancer, a meloetta? teeter dance, dragon dance etc...?)
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| (isnt this used to mean blushing? or embarrasment? if so, could it be over their cuteness?)
    Murderer, you call me? Now tell me, is this the face of a killer?(an innocent looking pokemon)
    Now you better watch your backs, every hour, every minute...(an active player? someone who is watching everything? or perhaps a pokemon who can learn a move that influence time..)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast