Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Shop Rule Confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Lol your just mad you might lose your shop I can see your rage
    I'm sorry if you're offended, but in reality, I am offended that this has been brought up. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Quoteth le Rules, nevermore
    we will be watching anyone who offers services very closely. If you scam someone or use a cheat device to do any of the services, you will be banned instantly
    Watching anyone who offers services closely. How about watching anyone at all? We have to ask a moderator to look at the Blacklist thread. We have to ask a moderator to shut a shop being necroed to death. We have to ask moderators to move posts, who are very reluctant to do so. I feel this section is being ignored, and needs a lot more attention. If the "Trade Forums" had more attention, this issue would not have come up. With all due respect, you guys seriously need to step it up or find someone else who will.

Sorry Rayce I didn't mean to offend you Kevin was just going overboard at me.Your right about the mod thing though I totally agree.

i apologize for going overboard. but i think there are more things that are more important than the issue with ar cloning. i just say if you don't like clones or want them then just stay away from shops that clone.
    gen 6 Fc 3067 5372 2038 Kevin
    Event Shop
    update 1

Thanks for the apology I now feel that you guys should get to keep your shops since you rayce and brawl have the best shops i've seen so far.So I think the cloning should be a little less frequent but other that that its fine.

Okay, something clearly needs to be addressed here.

The issue is not people wanting to have their Pokemon cloned or not.

The issue is the way shop owners do it. RNGing is a legitimate way to get Pokemon, so that is fine. Using the glitch in Emerald or 4th Gen GTS is fine. Using Action Replay, something that isn't even remotely related to Pokemon in any sense, is not tolerated site-wide. It's not allowed in the SPP WiFi chat, it's not allowed in trading threads, and much less it is not allowed to offer cloning services using it.

Don't get me wrong: I bet all of us wouldn't really mind using an Action Replay. But Serebii Joe has stated in the past that cheating devices are not in the nature of the game, they only cheapen it. As a community, we must respect what the owner wishes in order to have a happy, fun trading experience. Ultimately it is up to him, but judging from that previous statement; Action Replay, PokeSav, PokeGen (If that's even a cheating device), PokeGTS, Gameshark or any other cheating device will never be tolerated.

Cloning is absolutely fine, provided it's done legitimately, whether that'd be RNGing, Emerald or the 4th Gen GTS.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    it's not allowed in trading threads, and much less it is not allowed to offer cloning services using it.

Serebii Joe has stated in the past that cheating devices are not in the nature of the game
    Here's my question (like I said above). Then why hasn't it been enforced?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    Here's my question (like I said above). Then why hasn't it been enforced?
    That's what I'm asking too, in the OP.

I can't see how cloning with AR is any different from cloning with a glitch. It's not like Game freak knowingly made a glitch in the game so that pepole could clone pokemon. But it's still up to Serebii to decide what to do with this.
    White FC: 1807 3444 4520

Soul Silver FC: 3739 2011 8560

i say let it stay..... i been playing seens red blue and yellow....and you can pull cloned legendary from the game at level 100 and who can tell unless you looked at there game... i mean go for the red blue and yellow its very easy go see legendary pokemon go do the item glitch for alot of master balls (oddly enough doing this will trip seeing the last pokemon you just fought aka your legendary) then catch it level it will go back to 100 and bam.....just trade up and look at that a level 100 from the starting place (doesnt say what town it came from just where it did) thats why it should stay......been around for years.....
    fc is 3311 0875 3452

OK, you can say that using AR's to clone cheapens the Serebii trading community (although I really do feel this is a matter of opinion anyway) but banning the use of the AR entirely will wipe out a large chunk of said community. I'll be honest, the reason I created an account here was to set up a trade shop as a way for me to continue collecting events. Sure, I post in a few other threads now but one of the first websites I check every day is the Trade Shop sub-forum. If you ban the use of AR's then I'm gonna have to go elsewhere. I have no event Pokemon on gen 3 or 4 so I there are no cloning glitches for me to exploit. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. I don't even know where I'd go if I couldn't stay here.

I know that it's Serebii's choice as to whether cloning via AR should be allowed to continue but I feel it is important to consider the views of the forum users as well. We're the ones using it so shouldn't we get a say?

And like others have already pointed out, it would be near-impossible to enforce. What I think you should do as an alternative to banning AR's is to force every trade shop owner who clones via Action Replay to clearly state that they do (although I think many do this already). Maybe the Moderators can even specify how big the text should be.

Banning Action Replay cloning would be a punch in the gut to the community and you might even drive users away. I think you've left it too late to start using this rule, if it was going to be enforced it should have been enforced from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    OK, you can say that using AR's to clone cheapens the Serebii trading community (although I really do feel this is a matter of opinion anyway) but banning the use of the AR entirely will wipe out a large chunk of said community. I'll be honest, the reason I created an account here was to set up a trade shop as a way for me to continue collecting events. Sure, I post in a few other threads now but one of the first websites I check every day is the Trade Shop sub-forum. If you ban the use of AR's then I'm gonna have to go elsewhere. I have no event Pokemon on gen 3 or 4 so I there are no cloning glitches for me to exploit. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. I don't even know where I'd go if I couldn't stay here.

Serebii has over 241,000+ members, so if you leave because of a simple rule that already existed from the beginning being enforced then that's too bad. There are other popular Pokemon forums, good luck finding one that's more lenient on AR.

I know that it's Serebii's choice as to whether cloning via AR should be allowed to continue but I feel it is important to consider the views of the forum users as well. We're the ones using it so shouldn't we get a say?

While I agree that democracy is important, you must understand that Joe has the final say in everything. His site, his rules, his decisions.

And like others have already pointed out, it would be near-impossible to enforce. What I think you should do as an alternative to banning AR's is to force every trade shop owner who clones via Action Replay to clearly state that they do (although I think many do this already). Maybe the Moderators can even specify how big the text should be.

As you said, many people are already saying they clone. This is unnecessary.

Banning Action Replay cloning would be a punch in the gut to the community and you might even drive users away. I think you've left it too late to start using this rule, if it was going to be enforced it should have been enforced from the start.

The rule was in place ever since Trade Shops were created. Enforcing it is no problem with an announcement or fair reminder.
    Comments in bold.

WOAH.
    apologize for going overboard. but i think there are more things that are more important than the issue with ar cloning. i just say if you don't like clones or want them then just stay away from shops that clone.
    U CAN CLONE PKMN!!!???!?!?!?
    Oh wait, is that just a fancy term for breeding and/or does it invlove RNGing?

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead
    There are other popular Pokemon forums, good luck finding one that's more lenient on AR.
    Neoseeker, Bulbapedia, Pokemon Secure. There's three. Why can't Serebii follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames
    I know that it's Serebii's choice as to whether cloning via AR should be allowed to continue but I feel it is important to consider the views of the forum users as well.
    Agreed. I think something's happening on the Mod forum, so I'll shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    WOAH.

U CAN CLONE PKMN!!!???!?!?!?
    Oh wait, is that just a fancy term for breeding and/or does it invlove RNGing?
    You have got to be kidding me. -_- *FACEPALM*

Anyways... I really dont understand why this was brought up. If they enforce the rules all the shopw owners have to do is take off saying they use ar to clone. I dont have my ar anymore, so i use an alternative. I was thinking to open up a shop, still wanting to collect more pokemon first. I dont mind it aat all. And im sure almost every other user doeasnt either. and for those who do, just dont trade with shops that do. Why this topic was made, i wont understand cause it really is stupid.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ny-Spinda-shop - no cloning, although 'knows someone who can'

So not quite 4/5 average, but 5/10 do offer it (usually with AR mentioned) and one mentions knowing someone who can (vague).

If you were wondering about my cloners I have Bunches, Agonist occasionally, Kiltedtrainer sometimes, Wolveram sometimes, and once in awhile Awakeningleaficarus but she doesn't clone the illegal way she cleans via glitch which is the way I prefer, I go to the others when she can't help and isn't free, and if I need a pokemon cloned, I do admit cloning does kill the spirit of pokemon a little, however if you clone via glitch its slower, therefore it reduces the major clone "problem" hope this clears up who you thought my cookers are,I do know a few others however I myself can not remember all my cloners

Also I hope that asking other people to clone even the legal way isn't against the rules as for cloning differences I believe they left the glitch purposely so that someone would find it, but with AR you are tempering with your game which I don't like the idea of so I will never get that wretched thing in my life, it messed up my game when I had my diamond game 5 years ago and it messed it up so bad so I don't recommend that if anyone else clones from now on that they DO NOT USE THE AR!!!
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 20th November 2012 at 4:25 AM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ny-Spinda-shop - no cloning, although 'knows someone who can'

So not quite 4/5 average, but 5/10 do offer it (usually with AR mentioned) and one mentions knowing someone who can (vague).

If you were wondering about my cloners I have Bunches, Agonist occasionally, Kiltedtrainer sometimes, Wolveram sometimes, and once in awhile Awakeningleaficarus but she doesn't clone the illegal way she cleans via glitch which is the way I prefer, I go to the others when she can't help and isn't free, and if I need a pokemon cloned, I do admit cloning does kill the spirit of pokemon a little, however if you clone via glitch its slower, therefore it reduces the major clone "problem" hope this clears up who you thought my cookers are,I do know a few others however I myself can not remember all my cloners

Also I hope that asking other people to clone even the legal way isn't against the rules as for cloning differences I believe they left the glitch purposely so that someone would find it, but with AR you are tempering with your game which I don't like the idea of so I will never get that wretched thing in my life, it messed up my game when I had my diamond game 5 years ago and it messed it up so bad so I don't recommend that if anyone else clones from now on that they DO NOT USE THE AR!!!
    Is there even a way to clone with glitch in gen V? They wouldn't leave a glitch in the game. The word "glitch" even means that it's an unintended error http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch#Video_game_glitches

I'm hoping to hear more from the mods soon.

Right, here's the general rule for everything on the forums.

If it goes beyond the developer's intent for the game and so is using an outside programme (PokéGen/Sav), outside hardware (Action Replay), outside site (PokéCheck, various DNS things) or manipulates the game beyond the intended parameters of the game (RNG Abuse) then we do not allow it.

RNG abuse as well? Ever seen this thread?

You got alot of moderating to do...

RNG is a grey area because we cannot detect it. It's the same reason TPC don't ban people who do it in the tournaments. All they do is try and make it harder to abuse it.

Ideally, we wouldn't have any discussion of it

I'm curious as to how this will be enforced. I assume the RNG trade thread in the 5th gen trade forum will be closed, but what about trade shops?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Right, here's the general rule for everything on the forums.

If it goes beyond the developer's intent for the game and so is using an outside programme (PokéGen/Sav), outside hardware (Action Replay), outside site (PokéCheck, various DNS things) or manipulates the game beyond the intended parameters of the game (RNG Abuse) then we do not allow it.
    Putting it plainly, AR is no longer allowed, Pokecheck isn't either, or RNG abuse, and everyone using such things need to stop now? I agree with Dangertrout, I'm curious as to how this will be applied.

well, I don't think it's a bad idea on the whole. there are a lot of forums for competitive players to get RNG'd clones, but not many places to go if you prefer non-abused or non-cloned. I'm just wondering how it's going to be applied in practice
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Well with RNG, we'll never really be able to enforce that, but we'd much MUCH rather you didn't do it

So, can you call it either way? I've done my best stopping my cloned trades at my trade shop, and would like to give a Yes or No to all the trades I agreed to, since I use AR to clone.

RNGing isn't hacking in the sense of using a third party program. It just shows you what's going on in the games code and how random numbers are generated to determine every tiny little detail about a single Pokemon, iirc. I could be wrong.

It's just a rule has been broken behind moderators backs, and that's not cool.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast