Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2013

Default Winter 2013

The Winter 2013 season draws near, and while it doesn't seem to be as jammed packed with great series as Fall (at first glance anyway, there's always one or two hidden gems in each season) there are still some great series that will be airing.

Spoiler:- The List:

So, what will everyone be watching?

As for myself, I'll definitely be watching the following:

TV:
    • Puchimas: Petit iDOLM@STER - Can't resist those idols.
    • AKB0048 Next Stage - The first season was surprisingly good, hopefully the second follows suit.
    • Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - Will watch this purely because it's animated by A-1 Pictures.
    • Minami-ke Tadaima - Loved the first three seasons, can't wait for the fourth.
    • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - Same reason as Ore no Kanojo, only with Shaft instead of A-1
    • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Love the first season, hopefully this can be just as good
    • Chihayafuru - The first season was amazing, one of my favourite series. So excited for the second season
    • Tamako Market - It's by KyoAni, and it features pretty much the same production team as K-ON!
    • Vivid Red Operation - Same reason as Ore no Kanojo, those almost non-existent short shorts may or may not also be a motivating factor.
    • Love Live! School Idol Project - Another idol based show to try and tide me over until iDOLM@STER 2 (assuming it happens). Hopefully it goes the way of AKB0048 as opposed to Aikatsu.

OVA:
    • Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Tenri-Hen
    • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Depth of Field - Ai to Nikushimi Gekijyo
    • Code:Breaker
    • To LOVE-Ru: Darkness
    • Mobike Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Movies:
    • To Aru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki
    • Nekomonogatari: Kuro

I will of course have to wait 6+ months for BD releases for movies.

It's Also highly likely that I will pick up other series I didn't intend in watching as well, and there are of course a number of series carrying over from Fall, or even further back in some cases.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 11th December 2012 at 6:35 PM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

• ai mai mi: idk. i want to see how this version of "four girl club activities" will go
    • love live! school idol project: i will probably be disappointed by this but i sort of want to watch it anyway
    • minami-ke tadaima: oh my god. my girls are back!!
    • ore no kanojo to osananajimi ga shuraba sugiru: because a-1
    • puchimas!: petit iDOLM@STER: because im@s
    • saki: achiga-hen - episode of side-A: finally finishing it off
    • savanna game: not sure about this one but the synopsis looks interesting
    • tamako market: because kyoani
    • yama no susume: the pretty pictures got me

+ ao no exorcist movie

looks like my winter list will be filled with school girls. i say this now but in the end i'll probably add 2 or 3 others because of other people watching them.

is there anything else good that i've missed? not counting chihayafuru because i haven't seen the first season yet.
    Last edited by xerxes; 4th December 2012 at 8:33 PM.

Got a few things i'll keep my eyes open for. Really into the whole Inazuma Eleven crossover movie with Danball Seki. Was hoping to see Tsuritama season 2 or an OVA or something IS related but still things will keep be busy,.

TV:
    • Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan
    • Puchimas: Petit iDOLM@STER
    • Ai Mai MI
    • Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
    • Minami-ke Tadaima
    • GJ-Bu
    • Tamako Market
    • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
    • Yama no Susume

OVA:
    • To LOVE-Ru: Darkness
    • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Depth of Field - Ai to Nikushimi Gekijyo
    • Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Tenri-Hen
    • Hyouka: Ep 11.5
    • Kissxsis

PLOT:
    • Pisu Hame 5
    • Zettai Junshu Kyousei Kozukuri Kyokashou!!
    • koiito kinenbi the animation memorial
    • evil woman full moon night

Movies:
    • Nekomonogatari

I'll add more once more info is released on the shows.

Tamako Market
    Chihayafuru
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
    , provided I watched season 1 beforehand.

And that's about it. Which for me is some huge breathing room compared the the cluster**** that was Fall 2012.
    Bakuman and Little Busters! are still airing and I assume Robotics;Notes, Hunter x Hunter, and Space Brothers will be as well. So that's 8 total. Usually I end up picking up one or two more.

So what's up with Nekomonogatari? I thought Kizumonogatari was coming first.

OH SNAP EVERYBODY GET READY FOR CHIHAYAFURU!

The rest of the season will probably be made irrelevant. Er, but I'll watch AKB0048 if I've finished season one by then. Nothing else jumps out but we'll see.
    Done here.

Hmm.. Nothing really catches my eye (Ore no Imouto where?) except the next Precure season, and after the disappointment the current one turned out to be I think I might skip this.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

STAR DRIVER MOVIE?!!

Yes, more Fish-Girl and epic battle themes!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    So what's up with Nekomonogatari? I thought Kizumonogatari was coming first.
    I think they're having a preview of the series or something similar this month, nothing to say the series itself will air.
    My Anime List

I'm definitely going to watch Savanna Game. And in addition to that I'll most likely watch Ai Mai Mi, Tamako Market, and maybe Chihayafuru Second Season if I finish the first season before that.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

This list has more **** than an outhouse.

I can always rewatch Sailor Moon, I guess, but I did that a couple of seasons ago when I also did not pick up any new series.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    This list has more **** than an outhouse.

I can always rewatch Sailor Moon, I guess, but I did that a couple of seasons ago when I also did not pick up any new series.
    Hey, I managed to correctly predict the general gist of what you were going to say before I even saw your post!

At the top of my list is Chihayafuru 2 (bet no-one saw that coming). Sasami-san@Ganbarai has a premise that would normally have alarm bells ringing in my head, but I think Shaft could pull it off in a funny way. Savanna Game could be good or bad, but I'm a little interested. Tamako Market... I just don't know yet. I'll probably end up at least trying it.

Other than that, I'll be checking out TWGOK: Tenri-hen, Nekomonogatari (Black), Kizumonogatari and the Index movie when I get the chance (which might not be in winter in some cases). And probably lots of other stuff too, once more details about the shows are revealed.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I shall watch:

Savannah Game - shall give it 2-3 eps to try.
    Ore no Kanojo to Osana na Jimi ga...... - cute artwork and story looks promising SAO-studio 'nuff said
    AKB0048 Next Stage - LUUUved S1 so S2 is easy
    Minami-ke I'm Home - Yeees
    Haganai - S1 was good.......so yeah
    Sasami-san@ganbaranai - SHAFT, cool story, nuff said
    Chihaya s2 - maybe jumping STRAIGHT into Season2 will help me like it MORE? who knows?
    Ishida to Asakura - looks like Space Bros........so.......maybe
    Tamako Market - KYoto Animation.........!
    Mangirl! - bakuman.....but girls?......looks legit
    Yama no Susume - rich story
    Amnesia - Love Brain's Base so yeaaaah
    Kotoura-san - looks intriguing
    Vividred - looks promising
    Love Live - all idols get a chance
    Train Hero - gets a go also

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Ore no Kanojo to Osana na Jimi ga...... - cute artwork and story looks promising SAO-studio 'nuff said
    Oh please don't let A-1 Pictures be known as "The guys who did Sword Art Online." They have so many better shows.

Chihaya s2 - maybe jumping STRAIGHT into Season2 will help me like it MORE? who knows?
    You didn't watch season 1? Jumping straight into season 2 is not a good idea then.

Amnesia - Love Brain's Base so yeaaaah
    Thanks to No. 6 I learned not to watch a series just because I like the animation studio. (KyoAni is the exception of course)

Oh please don't let A-1 Pictures be known as "The guys who did Sword Art Online." They have so many better shows.

You didn't watch season 1? Jumping straight into season 2 is not a good idea then.

Thanks to No. 6 I learned not to watch a series just because I like the animation studio. (KyoAni is the exception of course)
    Well I am unaware of what other projects A-1 have completed.

*Goes to research*

ahhh, good shi t, idolm@ster/Tsuritama/Working!!
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 5th December 2012 at 6:10 AM.

Not a lot of anime I'm looking forward to this year dang, I love comedy romance maybe slight action type anime.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Like:
    The iDOLM@STER
    Uchuu Kyoudai
    Working!!
    Tsuritama

Well I am unaware of what other projects A-1 have completed.

*Goes to research*

ahhh, good shi t, idolm@ster/Tsuritama/Working!!
    This guy has the right idea.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Like:
    The iDOLM@STER
    Uchuu Kyoudai
    Working!!
    Tsuritama

This guy has the right idea.
    Punking me based on inaccurate capitalization.......?

(-__-)

Punking me based on inaccurate capitalization.......?

(-__-)
    I actually didn't see your reply until I had mine typed, and it would have had nothing to do with "punking" you anyway, I just have a habit of typing out anime titles in full.
    My Anime List

I just noticed that jb doesn't plan on watching the series that I've seen described as a fantasy version of Spice and Wolf (with the same voice actors in the lead roles), with a promotional picture that shows off some cleavage. Suddenly, the idea of the apocalypse coming in a few weeks doesn't seem that crazy.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

i just noticed that ai mai mi will only be 3 minutes per episode... bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    i just noticed that ai mai mi will only be 3 minutes per episode... bleh.
    3 minute episodes generally turn out for the best, something like Recorder to Randoseru or Morita-san would have got pretty old if they were any longer than 3-5 minutes if you ask me. The one exception will undoubtedly be Puchimas, idols should be full 22 minutes.
    My Anime List

i'll watch it regardless but it's a shame because i don't find 3 minute episodes very memorable. there are exceptions but i usually feel like i'm watching specials without seeing the original.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I just noticed that jb doesn't plan on watching the series that I've seen described as a fantasy version of Spice and Wolf (with the same voice actors in the lead roles), with a promotional picture that shows off some cleavage. Suddenly, the idea of the apocalypse coming in a few weeks doesn't seem that crazy.
    I demand to know what show this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I demand to know what show this is.
    Maoyuu Mao Yuusha.
    My Anime List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast