Thread: Breeding Stories

Cool Breeding Stories

Hi so tell every one your stories while breeding what it took to breed your pokemon, what you bred, etc.
    I shall go first, so I was breeding a dwf mawile for a trade for a dw dratini in my case it took me 3 tries due to the first 2 being male heck the 2nd one I wouldnt give to my worst enemy due to being a modest mawile so I released it and the 1st was traded on the global trade center for a female japanese axew with a brave nature ( the only downer about it was the axew's ability was rivalry) fortunately 3rd time was the charm my only dissapointment about her was that I wasnt able to breed her father raichu nature naughty on to her even though I had raichu hold an everstone.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I one time took 2 weeks to breed a DW Eevee female for my cousin, I spent 2 weeks praying for the coming of it, and when it finally hatched out, I went ape (in a good way). Almost every time I would hatch out a female eevee, it would be a normie one and not a DW one. I hate how the whole eevee genome is almost a complete sausage fest.

I know back when I was first playing Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald I'd breed the starters over and over to see if I get a female, which only worked sometimes. Now I just breed them for the pokedex if I transfer them to a new game, and it's pure happy luck if I get a female. I was happy to get a female charmander on White recently, since it was my first one. The only pre-gen 5 starters I haven't gotten a female for ever are chikorita (but I did get a female bayleef once on Collosseum), totodile, treecko, piplup, and chimchar.

I'm also glad anytime I get a female eevee when I breed five or six eggs to get all the eeveelutions. I get one female 9 times out of 10.

Most of the time when I breed, though, I breed to pass on high-level moves and egg moves.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    Hi so tell every one your stories while breeding what it took to breed your pokemon, what you bred, etc.
    I shall go first, so I was breeding a dwf mawile for a trade for a dw dratini in my case it took me 3 tries due to the first 2 being male heck the 2nd one I wouldnt give to my worst enemy due to being a modest mawile so I released it and the 1st was traded on the global trade center for a female japanese axew with a brave nature ( the only downer about it was the axew's ability was rivalry) fortunately 3rd time was the charm my only dissapointment about her was that I wasnt able to breed her father raichu nature naughty on to her even though I had raichu hold an everstone.

So keep breeding until you do get the right nature?

I also bred a DW ability dratini with extreme speed. The trick - use a DW female dragonite and the HG/SS Extremespeed Dratini. It's a potent cocktail of doom, a secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices that spell DOOM...
    Nah, just saying it's a beast in battle.

Right now, I'm trying to breed for a DW Female Snivy (I know, illegal), and I can't seem to get a female DW Snivy! I can't even seem to get a female! I only hatched 1 female out of like, 20 eggs.

I'm a part-time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

I am very wary of posting here.

I actually managed to breed a sludge bulbasaur and an ancientpower charmander. Both were actually a lot of work. Bulbasaur's great grandpa was a muk, and the Charmander's ancientpower predecessor was a kabutops and a ditto. A lot of hard work went into them both. As a result, I also have a crapton of leftover by-products from their breeding, like some ancientpower totodiles, a lot of normie totodiles and a few bulbasaurs.

I once hatched an Azurill that was female. It evolved into a male marill. I heard it is a glitch because more maril are boys and more Azurill are girls. Eather way its kinda neat that mine is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillig View Post
    I once hatched an Azurill that was female. It evolved into a male marill. I heard it is a glitch because more maril are boys and more Azurill are girls. Eather way its kinda neat that mine is unique.
    XD I guess it finally could afford the operation! lol
    Anyway, another story of mine - I once bred a Deino with ice fang, rain dance, dark pulse, and dragon rage. I then raised it to level 52, evolved it, then to level 64. Then I taught it draco meteor in place of rain dance, named it "Grimsky" due to the bad forecast by the weather service, "cloudy, with a chance of meteors..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Hydreigon View Post
    Right now, I'm trying to breed for a DW Female Snivy (I know, illegal), and I can't seem to get a female DW Snivy! I can't even seem to get a female! I only hatched 1 female out of like, 20 eggs.
    Starters only have an 12.5% chance of being female, and combine that with a 60% chance of inheriting the DW ability, your odds aren't that high.

I was breeding a Sableye for a good nature and an egg move, then later, one of them was a shiny . I was so surprised when it hatched o:
    No.

I got a female Snivy as my starter in Black but breeding for a female can be annoying at times for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillig View Post
    It isn't a glitch, it's meant to do that as a reference real-world animals that change sex under specific conditions.

Anyway my breeding disaster led me to disliking the Chinchou line.

I was breeding for a male Chinchou with Volt Absorb so I could send it over to SoulSliver as my Water/Electric pokémon.

-The first egg hatch was female with Volt Absorb, not what I wanted so I tried again.
    - The Second egg hatch was male with Illuminate, again not what I wanted so I tried again.
    -Third egg female with Illuminate.
    -Fourth egg male with Illuminate
    -Fifth egg male with Illuminate
    -Sixth egg female with Volt Absorb

To make a long story short after the 20th egg hatch I finally get a male with Volt Absorb so I sent over the egg and started using Chinchou, only to find out that the damn thing was weak because it had the wrong nature.

I was so ticked off that I dump it and went with Politoed who didn't give me any hassle what so ever, the sad thing was that I also had to dump Ambipom for Rotom since I didn't have an Electric type Pokémon.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 17th July 2012 at 5:47 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Here's some explanation about Azurill from Bulbapedia:

Azurill is currently the only Pokémon which does not evolve based on gender whose gender ratio does not match that of its evolved forms, being female 75% of the time while Marill and Azumarill are female only 50% of the time. Due to this, one of every three female Azurill evolve into a male Marill (whether or not this will happen is determined by the hidden personality value). It is unknown if this is an error in programming or if it was intentional to reference real-world animals that change sex under specific conditions.
    Just another generic signature.

Most of my breeding stories aren't too interesting, but I did breed two shinies randomly. One was a shiny Chinchou in SoulSilver and the other was a shiny Magikarp in BW that I hatched while breeding DW females for a trade request (and the shiny Magikarp even has its DW ability, too).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Back on my Leaf Green game, any time I would hatch Eevees they would always come out learning Toxic when non of the parents learned the move.

In pearl, I remember trying to get a female Lucario by hatching Riolus. I had over 4 boxes and none of them were female.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    Back on my Leaf Green game, any time I would hatch Eevees they would always come out learning Toxic when non of the parents learned the move.
    That isn't possible.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

A thing happened me the other day that happened a few years ago in generation II (gold/silver). When I was breeding Meganium (male) and ditto, in silver, I ended up with two eggs at the same time. It happened again yesterday. Now with a pineco and ditto(black 2). I ended up with two eggs that hatched with just one step btw them. Should this even be possible or am I just lucky?

I normally don't breed much of anything until at least after the E4 - I just catch the best I can catch and play them and overlevel them if necessary and call it good. I look for good natures and abilities and stats, but I don't stress about it too much until I'm through the main game. Then I do enough post-game battling to get some power items and bring in some other pokemon for some egg moves, and THEN I set about breeding purpose-built battlers and oddities and such. But on this playthrough of White, I ended up breeding a Pawniard mid-game just because it seemed that the game insisted on it.

I got to Route 9 and set about trying to catch a Pawniard. The first one I caught - the very first one - was a Female Adamant with all IVs at least 25 (and 31 Sp Def) EXCEPT FOR Attack, which was horrible - somewhere between 0 and 7. And she had Inner Focus, which would be a decent Ability on anyone else, but it's not Defiant. So, grudgingly, I kept looking. And the very next one I caught - the very next one - was a male Brave with... 31 Attack. So what else could I do? I plunked 'em in the Day Care and let 'em go at it.

For the moment, I settled for an Adamant Defiant male with mid-20s or better for everything (didn't luck into the father's 31 attack, though it did get the mother's 31 sp def). Once I get the E4 dealt with, I'm going to do some serious breeding from that pair - slap a Power Bracer on that male and an Everstone on the female and I'm gonna breed me an awesome battler or three...
    Last edited by Arlo; 3rd December 2012 at 9:44 PM.

So a little while ago, I was breeding for an Adamant Magikarp. Turned out to be the hardest thing I could do xD I spent hours hatching Magikarp eggs. In fact, I ended up hatching a Shiny Magikarp before I hatched an Adamant one >.> My game really hates me. It wasn't even Masuda method. They were both my Gyarados. It seems that the chances of me getting a good nature is lower than getting a shiny >.>
    My Shinies:

Wants(Preferably shiny):

Once, when I was trying to breed a Dream World female Patrat, I hatched about 15-20 males before getting a single female one.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256