Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzytopian Park and Gardens

Myrtle, Neville, Spirit, Sangre, Hedwig: High above the pair of lovebirds (well... love-fish-and-possessed-cloth?), Hedwig was silently fuming. She was stealthy, damn it! She could approach a wild Mothim from behind and devour him in one bite, and do the whole thing so quickly and quietly that the ill-fated insect would literally have no idea what happened. One second, he'd be alive and well, and the next second, death. Not even a damn Azumarill would be able to hear her coming! And she had been completely silent this whole time, so why was it that Neville had spotted her and not Sangre? She sneaked a glance at the male Crobat next to her, and silently wondered... was he somehow stealthier than her? What possible reason could there have been that she was the one who was noticed, and not him? Myrtle, of course, noticed the both of them- try as he might to not show his emotions outwardly, Sangre could not conceal them, not completely. Even the slightest bit of emotion could not be hidden from Myrtle's supernatural sense of taste. But that slimy Stunfisk noticed her. How? She had been completely silent this entire time, her movements had been minimal, and the tree branches and leaves were hiding her well. And yet here she was, her stealth skills called into question, right in front of another Crobat. How humiliating! Still, she remained still and silent, not wanting to confirm what she hoped were but mere coincidental suspicions on the Stunfisk's part. Even if Myrtle had already identified her to the Stunfisk.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 26th January 2013 at 3:36 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 2 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Myrtle, Neville, Spirit, Sangre, Hedwig: Sangre could sense the anger and hurt radiating from Hedwig, and though he was not usually the type to provide comfort, particularly to one he does not know well and particularly while on a mission, he cannot help but feel somewhat sorry for the lady Crobat. After all, she had certainly been discreet - her silence rivaled even his - but in broad daylight, the Stunfisk, with its eyes turned upward, likely could see the shadow of a being against the sky flying into the tree. Sangre had made the choice to position himself beforehand to avoid being seen, but the lady, being unaware of Neville and Myrtle's presence until she landed, did not have the luxury of planning her actions in advance. Sangre glances over at the other Crobat, giving her a quick look before turning back to the targets, trying to communicate a bit of reassurance. He wondered to himself if it was even worth remaining in stealth... The pair was already keenly aware that they were being watched, even if not by him, and Neville would likely alter his behavior with the knowledge that others were observing him if he indeed had something to hide. Why oh why did this Crobat have to ruin everything for him? He supposed he should be angry, and yet... Despite the fact that his mission was ultimately an awful failure, he was, in some odd way, thankful for the company. Besides, he could already sense that she felt bad about it, and Sangre was not the type to inflict negative emotions on others, unlike some people he knew. Even if he was angry, he would rather not have Hedwig feel guilt as a result.

The male Crobat finally sighs, no longer caring if such an action would give away his position. He speaks very softly, almost in a whisper; Is the one known as Keith also sending eyes to watch these two?

Hedwig, Sangre: Still indignant over her stealth having been for naught, over having been spotted so insultingly easily, Hedwig noticed the quick glance Sangre gave her. It was a look which conveyed a little reassurance, and it calmed her down somewhat. Then, to her mild surprise, the male Crobat sighed- the very first sound she heard out of him today. In what almost amounted to a whisper, he asked Hedwig if Keith was also sending someone to watch Myrtle and Neville. In just as quiet a voice, Hedwig replied, "Yes- me. Though neither he nor I actually knew they would be meeting here, or else I'd have already been here before them. He has asked the rest of my team to keep their eyes on Neville should they see him with Myrtle, though, of course." The female Crobat paused to glance back down at Myrtle and Neville before continuing. "He doesn't trust that Stunfisk, and having been his teammate for a brief period, neither do I. But Marion does not seem like the type to send someone to spy on Neville like that... who sent you? Coselle, I'm guessing?"
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 27th January 2013 at 2:34 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Hedwig, Sangre: Hedwig is somewhat surprised at Sangre breaking his usual silence, asking whether Keith had indeed sent her to spy on the lovers. Apparently, though Keith had not anticipated that the pair would be meeting as Coselle had, she had been tasked with the same duty, though her lack of forewarning caused her to arrive late to the scene. The female Crobat turns to keep her eye on the couple, remarking that Keith does not trust the Stunfisk... a view that she and her trainer shared. She observes (rightfully so) that Marion would not be the type to send Sangre for the purposes of spying, and guesses that it may have been Keith's girlfriend, Coselle, who made the call.

Marion has no need for spies, Sangre mutters. She feels it not her place to meddle in the affairs of others. Her sister would do well to learn from her. Sangre's eyes remain focused on the couple, looking for even the slightest changes in behavior. She told me about this Neville. For once, I thought she was right to be concerned... Sangre shakes his head. Though I have yet to see any proof.

Hedwig, Sangre, Chuck: Hedwig listened as Sangre stated that while Marion had no need for spies, Coselle was indeed the one who put him on the trail of Neville, though he had yet to see any proof that the Stunfisk warranted concern. "Yes, he's behaving far better than I've ever seen him behave. You should have seen him back when he was under my trainer's ownership," frowned Hedwig. "He rigged the entire bar with Stealth Rock and purposely activated Static whenever he could, not unlike what he did with that Scyther. And he offered no Cheri Berries to his victims, either." At that moment, a wisp of purple gas appeared from out of nowhere before the two Crobat, followed by a dark sphere surrounded by the same kind of smoke. On the sphere was a widely grinning face. "What are you doing here, Chuck?" whispered Hedwig.

"Came to keep an eye on those two, of course," the Gastly whispered back. "Neville may have spotted you already, but I can go invisible. Plus, he's never seen me before, I could convince him I'm a wild Pokemon if need be. You two take a break, why don't you?"

Hedwig looked at Sangre. "He's got a point," she stated as the Gastly went invisible. "Sun will be going down soon, anyway, and I'm starting to get hungry. I normally hunt alone, but I wouldn't object if you wanted to come along," she offered.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Strolling through the verdant Fizzitopian Park, a trio of jolly Pokémon take a moment to make the most of this wonderfully sunny afternoon while their trainer quietly read a book, deep in thought in a bench nearby. Leading the group, a sand-colored landshark seemed almost to dance with exorbitant and unexplained joy. The day seemed almost perfect for him, and though he didn't know what it would be perfect for, the thought still excited him in a weird manner. If only he had a cold bottle of beer it would've been so much better. For now, all he was told to do was to look over for the two young ones, being the most experienced of the group.

Behind him, a similarly hyper Dunsparce followed suit, though her own happiness was likely a result of the former's highly contagious demeanor. Her attention seemed to sporadically shift every other second to a new target as she marveled at all the activity taking place around them, trainers and Pokémon alike getting to know each other, playing games, sharing a picnic, or simply having a pleasant talk. The thought of finding a new playmate was nice, and sharing a tasty treat was even better, especially if it was sweet.

"Y'know, I'm happy for ya both an' all," a third voice spoke up, "but I still don't git what's up with that silly grin of yours. Ya ate some laughter beans or somethin', Nars?"

"Could be!" The Gabite replied while bursting in laughter. "What can I say. Live long, laugh hard!"

"Where I come from they say that 'He who laughs on his own, his mischief remembers.' Just sayin'" The Water-type chuckled. "This place is so nice. Should we set down in here? My belly's a rumblin'!
    Last edited by Balmund; 30th January 2013 at 9:58 PM.

Nagini, Narsil, Fa, Kara: Keith had been slowly letting more and more of his Pokemon out into the park so they could enjoy the fresh air and so forth. One of these Pokemon, an Arbok, was slithering around, looking for something to do, when she spotted a trio of Pokemon- an oddly colored Gabite, and a Dunsparce and Totodile, both of whom smelled vaguely familiar. Especially the Dunsparce. Nagini figured that the Totodile was the female one which her trainer had hatched many years ago, only to almost immediately trade for the Croagunk who was now the Toxicroak known as Malfoy- she didn't really meet that Totodile, but she did register her scent. The Dunsparce, however, had been a long-time teammate of hers', and indeed, she recalled the great reluctance with which Keith had given her up. Without further ado, she slithered over to the group. "Dunsparce? Is that really you?" Nagini asked her former teammate. "You do remember me, I hope? Pomona said your new trainer named you Fa, right? Oh, excuse me," she added to the Gabite and Totodile. "My name is Nagini. What are your names?"

Hannah, Hebenon, Delilah: Meanwhile, in the lake, as Hebenon and Delilah looked at each other, a second Qwilfish swam up to them. "There you are, big brother!" grinned Hannah.

"Hi, Hannah," smiled Hebenon as he turned to Delilah. "Delilah, this is my little sister, Hannah. Hannah, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend Delilah."

"Oh, so you're Delilah," smiled Hannah. "My big brother says very nice things about you. It's great to meet you!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

"Heh, heh, heh, sure, this is a nice place." The Gabite responded to the hungry Totodile before taking seat and unpacking his bag, as deftly as he could do with his single claws. It was then that the group was suddenly approached by a figure with an intense air around her, lured by her own curiosity and nostalgia. She seems to have recognized one of the three, and approaches the Dunsparce in hopes that she would remember her. Fa tilts her head questioningly for only a moment before a sudden spark flashes into her mind. "Ah! Nagiiiii! I remember, I remember!" She exclaims hopping up and down in excitement. Her days at Keith's squad were a distant memory, but they still hadn't become complete strangers to her. That being said, the way Nagini impressed her now and the way Fa seemed to remember her were rather different.

The dragon and crocodile turn their gazes to each other with a puzzled look before Nagini apologizes, introducing herself properly. Kara in particular seemed to scratch her lower jaw as her mind made that extra effort to remember her familiar scent."Well, ma'am, my name would be Narsil." The Gabite was first to introduce himself. "Hey! And you can this fine example of a lady croc as Kara." The Water-type added with a giggle. "Sure thang we weren't expecting such an encounter, but it would be a bad show of hospitality if we didn't invite ya for some good, late-afternoon lunch. You got enough in that bag, darling?"

"If I could pull some sort of miracle maybe these dumplings will multiply by art of magic. People will start calling me the next Messiah!" The Gabite laughed out loud in response, though clearly implying that his provisions weren't that plenty.

"Don't be so blasphemous, hun." Kara reprimanded his partner with a Scratch, though one so playful and casual that it came as nothing more than a slap on the wrist. "Speaking of the Lord, isn't Reverend Vega doing some of his daily prayer near the edge of the pond?"

"Reverend? That Arbok always struck me as more of a looney cultist fanatic than an actual Man of God."

"I'll have you know, Reverend Vega is one fine example of a man!" Kara Scratched the Gabite again, though he only laughed it off in return. It was rather hard to tell if Kara was actually irritated or just playing game at this point. Narsil after all, said everything in good spirit. When wasn't he in good spirits anyways?
    Last edited by Balmund; 30th January 2013 at 9:55 PM.

Nagini, Fa, Narsil, Kara: Nagini couldn't help but smile as Fa suddenly remembered her, and let the Arbok know in no uncertain terms. The Gabite introduced himself as Narsil and the Totodile as Kara. "A pleasure to meet you both," Nagini said politely. Kara then invited Nagini to join them for lunch, though as Narsil implied that they weren't all that well-stocked on food. Nagini did not immediately reply- she didn't want to appear rude by refusing, but she also didn't want to end up hogging what little food they had for themselves. Then, they started talking about some Arbok named Vega, and Nagini's interest was piqued. "Which way is it to the pond?" she asked. "It's not often I get to meet another of my kind."

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Narsil roared in laughter yet again as Nagini almost immediately asks for direction to the pond, showing great interest in meeting another of her kind. "Well, you certainly don't beat around the bush, do you, ma'am?"

"Don't be rude!" Kara gave him another comical smack. "If she wants to meet her kin, who are we to refuse?"

"Aww... you're leaving already?" Fa whined in disappointment.

"No, no. No need for it to be such a sudden departure. We are all going lead Miss Nagi to our good Reverend. It's only the polite thing to do." Kara reassured her.

"And here I thought I was the team leader ..." Narsil almost murmured with a bit of sarcasm. "Lead the way, boss!"

"Alright!" Kara jumped back up to her feet with a gleeful expresion, gesturing for everyone to follow. Having set her mind to it, it was a done deal already in her mind, and it was going to be great. "After me!"

Nagini, Fa, Narsil, Kara: Fa seemed sad at the idea of Nagini leaving already, but before Nagini could respond, Kara stated that they would all lead her to where Vega was. "I would appreciate that, thank you," said Nagini. She then looked at Fa. "You know, Fa, Keith hasn't forgotten about you. Later on I'll take you to him, and I guarantee he'll be thrilled to see you again." She then made ready to follow Kara.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

"Really?" Fa's face brightened up as Nagini promised her to take her to Keith later on, letting her know that her previous trainer still hadn't forgotten about her, and would very much like to see her. "Mm! She nodded energetically before following everyone else to the lake.

Step after step, Kara seemed to be humming a tune to herself as a few questions starting buzzing around her mind. Nars couldn't keep from smirking to himself as if he could almost perfectly guess was is it that his partner was having in mind. Meanwhile, Fa took the job of making sure there was not a moment of awkward silence as she bombarded the lady Arbok with thousands of trivial questions regarding Keith and her old teammates, having definite trouble remembering some, though the names of Pomona, Gemini, Hebenon and even Hedwig managed to pop-up.

Eventually, it was Kara that interrupted the pair with a question of her own. "Say Miss, you'll have to pardon me for being too forward, but I just have to ask ..." a slightly mischievous grin formed on the female Totodile's face. "What is it that you're looking for ... in a man?"

Myrtle, Neville, Spirit, Sangre, Hedwig: As Hedwig describes the horrors that the Stunfisk named Neville imparted upon unsuspecting patrons of the bar, the male Crobat suddenly stiffens, his eyes darting to and fro as if looking for something. The hairs on the back of the Crobat's neck stood on end, and his sense that the pair was not alone put him immediately on edge. He tried his best to absorb the potentially important character background of his target, but is too distracted by the presence he detects to wholeheartedly listen. Sure enough, the sixth sense he developed from his exposure to sneaky ghost-types throughout his youth did not lead him astray, as sure enough, a Gastly materializes before the two Crobat, grinning intensely. Though Sangre was not one to read emotions like Minerva could, he could at least discern that the Gastly did not seem intent on attacking. Indeed, it seems as if this spectre, who Hedwig identifies as Chuck, is embarking on the same mission as the two Crobat. Sangre nods solemnly. He was not particularly thrilled about this mission anyhow, and with Hedwig already having drawn enough attention, perhaps it was best to leave matters to the Gastly. Though Sangre pauses with reluctance initially, Hedwig's invitation is too enticing for him to decline.

Very well. I entrust the mission to you. Please make sure that what you impart to Keith finds its way to the one he is so dreadfully enthralled with for reasons I cannot fathom. He turns to Hedwig, the slightest of smiles on his face. Feeding time already, is it? I always hunt alone... Sangre pauses for a moment. Then again, I suppose there is a first time for everything. Lead, and I shall follow.

Nagini, Fa, Narsil, Kara, Bedivere, Spinel, Kuranes: As the merry group of dragon and snake-like beings approaches the lakeside to introduce the Arbok among them to their deeply spiritual teammate Vega, it appears to them as if they are not the only ones who seek out the serene, picturesque lakeside; indeed, it seems as if a couple of Pokemon have recently arrived to the lakeside as well, with the intention of enjoying a picnic. Of course, considering the company gathered, the picnic is anything but normal.

A beautiful creature with lilac tips in its gorgeous, deep purple locks levitates a glass of ruby-red wine which matches its eyes, sipping occasionally as it observes a jovial, chuckling Frillish setting up at least four or five blankets on the lakeside, one after the other, weighing down each blanket with copious amounts of food. Tureens nearly overflowing with gravies and sauces, casserole dishes and salad bowls, pies, baskets of sandwiches, even a whole roasted Tepig. Taking center stage, however, is a pale-furred Eevee that appears to have been bound and gagged, looking nervously to and fro as it struggles against its bonds. Various metallic, surgical implements have been scattered around the creature; though to the trained eye, some of these devices would have no real purpose or meaning, they certainly look sharp and painful enough to induce fear in any who would look at them. Eventually, the Frillish turns to the enchanting Misdreavus, giving it a wave and a smile. Grinning and blushing coquettishly, the feminine spirit floats over with its wine, apparently excited to sample some of the tasty treats that have been so carefully laid out by the Frillish. Its gaze particularly focuses on the furry captive, as the Eevee thrashes in vain to get away from the pair of ghosts who presumably Eeveenapped him.

"This is the first time you have dined with us, is it not? Oh, I do hope that I have brought enough food, ohohohoho~!" The Frillish claps his hands together and smiles, though he looks over the massive quantity of food with a fretful expression. "I do not wish for you to go hungry on your welcome dinner. I know that your diet is a bit unortho-"

The Misdreavus smirks and gives a little wink to reassure the Frillish that the dinner looks absolutely lovely. The Frillish grins, clearly excited to indulge the creature, before lifting one of the implements scattered around the Eevee with his tentacle, laughing maniacally. "Dreadfully sorry, old chap! It appears you drew the short straw for our dinner tonight... I do hope you understand that we do not want our newest companion going hungry, now, do we? I suggest that you do not hold back your fear, as it will make the process that much more quick... Though I imagine that my newest and dearest companion would want to savor the meal..." The Frillish looks over at the Misdreavus, who nods with a sadistic look in its sanguine eyes. "Ohohohoho~! Well, I suppose this will be torturous for Sir K, then, will it not?" Bedivere grins darkly, holding the implement close to the Eevee's throat while he searches for something. "Now, where did I put that razor...? Would not want all that luxurious fur getting in the way, ohohohohoho~!"
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 31st January 2013 at 4:19 AM.

Nagini, Fa, Narsil, Kara: As the group moved on, Fa wasted no time in bombarding Nagini with all sorts of trivial questions about Keith, as well as her other old teammates. Nagini couldn't help but smile the entire time- Fa's limitless energy was just like she remembered.

"Yes, he still wears that hat," Nagini said, attempting to answer Fa's questions as fast as they came out. "No, Hebenon never learned how to use Fire Blast, though he does know Flamethrower now. Yes, Malfoy told Bellatrix how he feels about her- yes, she feels the same way about him, too! Yeah, Keith does have a girlfriend now-"

Kara, however, interrupted Fa's relentless barrage of questions with a single one of her own; she asked Nagini what she is looking for in a man. Nagini blushed at the question, and hesitated before answering, this not-so-trivial question having caught her way off guard when she was busy answering Fa's thousands of trivial questions. "Well," she began, "I... I guess I'm looking for someone... someone who... how do I put this... What I'm looking for is... someone kind and gentle. Someone who has power, but knows better than to abuse it. Someone who isn't violent unless the situation truly calls for it. Only problem is, I don't meet many snakes like that," sighed Nagini. "My trainer's Seviper prefers to intimidate first and ask questions later, and tends to see violence as a solution for nearly everything. I personally prefer to not get violent, or even intimidating, unless I absolutely need to. I'm told I'm pretty good at it though," she added with a modest tone to her voice, as though wanting to not sound full of herself. The Arbok paused, then said, "So... what is this Vega like?"

They hadn't arrived at the pond yet, and thus did not actually yet see the decidedly macabre picnic currently unfolding there.

Hedwig, Sangre: The male Crobat stated that while he always ate alone, he supposed there was a first time for everything, and asked Hedwig to lead the way, with the smallest of smiles on his face. Hedwig returned this small smile with one of her own before saying, "Very well. This way." With that, the female Crobat took off, flying off in the direction which led to the Pokemon-only Tree Grove. While a popular gathering spot for trainers' Pokemon, the outskirts were packed with many delicious wild Pokemon. It was one of Hedwig's favorite hunting grounds.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 31st January 2013 at 4:30 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

All the pieces were set near the edge of the pond, and now only remained the main dish, a paled colored Eevee laying gagged on the center stage and trashing in vain to avoid meeting a gruesome end. Nothing personal, of course, but it would seem fate had dictated that today, Kuranes would serve as a meal for another, and his death was not likely to be quick and painless.

As Bedivere held the grim instrument against the fox's throat, a shadow loomed over them all, hissing in a very low, though nonetheless threatening tone. "We meet again, Sssir Bedivere." The voice greeted, neutral and monotone. Vega now Glared over the pair of Ghosts, unblinking with his pair of pale, ghastly eyes. "Now this is awfully unprofessional and inefficient of you. Picnics are meant to be prepared beforehand, are they not? And here you intend to spill blood in broad daylight. I'm afraid I can't allow it, it's the law. The fates have dictated this Eevee will live another day, though yours is rather uncertain. It depends on wether or not you desist right away."

As these events unfolded the other group was fast approaching the edge. Nagini was caught off guard by the sudden question, and admitted to be looking for a snake that would for once be kind and well-tempered like her, a thing which she did often not see in the others she had met, especially not Keith's Seviper. A description which coincided a lot with a certain Arbok Kara had met before. She had no time to respond however as something else diverted the flow of their conversation

"Ah! Ah! Ah!" Fa suddenly squeaked out, noticing something not too far ahead, and dashes off with surprising Agility, switching into a more mobile form with a Rollout as she did.

"What in tarnation!" Kara yelps at Fa's sudden reaction, while Narsil simply cackles in amusement.

"What're you doing standing there all shocked like that! Run, Kara, run!" Narsil kept on the booming laughter as he went into full-throttle himself, followed close behind by the not so fast Totodile.
    Last edited by Balmund; 31st January 2013 at 5:10 AM.

Nagini, Vega, Fa, Narsil, Kara, Bedivere, Spinel, Kuranes: Fa's reaction got Nagini wondering, and she increased the speed of her slithering. As she spotted the morbid picnic currently underway, the Arbok moved even quicker, and arrived on the scene at the exact same time another Arbok did. The both of them cast their Glares at the exact same time, but Nagini said nothing. She had intended to speak, of course, but found herself listening to what the other Arbok was saying instead. She found herself rather impressed with how he was handling the situation, his voice neutral and low, yet threatening nonetheless. Once Vega had stopped speaking, Nagini tried to think of anything to add, but found that there was nothing to say that he hadn't already said. Still, she continued to Glare unblinkingly at the Frillish and Misdreavus, patiently awaiting some sort of explanation behind what they were doing.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Nagini, Vega, Fa, Narsil, Kara, Bedivere, Spinel, Kuranes: The moment an ominous shadow is cast over the ghostly pair, the more feminine of the two bolts in the other direction, leaving Bedivere to endure the full brunt of Vega and Nagini's gazes. Though paralyzed to the very spot he stands by the powerfully intimidating eyes of the serpents that tower over him, he seems undeterred... Chipper as ever, he grins at Vega, whom he had turned to before the paralyzing double-glare.

"Spill blood? Dear, dear me... I believe you misunderstand." His voice drops to a whisper. "My most intriguing companion does not intend to feast upon our dear Sir K... but we cannot let him know that! Perhaps you are not aware of the eating habits of Misdreavus..." Bedivere chuckles a bit. "A bit more discriminate in taste than Mistress Minerva or Lady Myrtle... It is not all negative emotions they crave. Only that of fear. Heavens, I did try to be terrified for my dearest new friend! How I attempted to feel fear, even as a knife was telekinetically placed at the base of my throat, hearing that insane, beautiful laugh! Alas, I am not one to feel fear, you see." Bedivere hangs his head, appearing a bit disappointed at his own inability to be frightened. "I have faced death already, and it has dulled the sharp edge of the natural tendency to be frightened at the prospect. Ah, but young Kuranes still has plenty of fear left in him." Bedivere's eyes sparkle at the sight of little Kuranes trembling at the sight of the serpents and their menacing glares. Despite the fact that they intend to save the Eevee, he still finds their very presence to be fear-inspiring. Behind Kuranes, the Misdreavus who had narrowly escaped the glares was now drawn back by Kuranes' emotions, the red gems around its neck glowing as they absorb the Eevee's feelings of fear. The creature licks its lips, indicating how thoroughly it is enjoying the meal. "The feast is already beginning, I see~! Ohohohoho~" Bedivere grins like mad, watching his companion consume the fear. "I do hope it is to your liking, my dear~" The Misdreavus gives Bedivere a flirtatious smile in response, followed by a cute little wink.

Nagini, Vega, Fa, Narsil, Kara, Bedivere, Spinel, Kuranes: The Misdreavus had fled, but Bedivere had still been there to take the full force of the Glares of both Arbok. Indeed, the Frillish did not seem deterred in the slightest as he sought to correct the apparent misunderstanding that had arisen. As it turns out, Kuranes himself was not the meal, but rather, his fear was. Nagini blinked. Now that she thought of it, she did hear that Misdreavus fed on fear, and she was starting to wonder why she hadn't made the connection sooner.

"It appears I have misunderstood the situation as well," Nagini said quietly as the Misdreavus consumed Kuranes's fear. "I did indeed know of the eating habits of Misdreavus, but I somehow failed to make the connection here. My apologies, Bedivere, for assuming the worst right away," she said, bowing her head slightly in apology.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

"No, Bedi, no!" Little Fa had pleaded as soon as she got into the scene, hoping to perhaps save in time a possible victim of murder, though her words fell short as she couldn't find it in herself to complete her sentence; constantly looping over the same syllable again and again in between panting while tears threatened to pour out of her eyes from the nervousness. She only later realized she had very familiar company in the form of Vega, and Nagini had even managed to reach them before herself, despite her head-start; such was the level difference. Though Bedivere's body was clearly paralyzed in a primal reaction to the Arbok's stunning stare, his mind was still his own, and he calmly explains his true intentions (issued in whispers so as to not spoil the plan). Misdreavus feed, after all, in fear, and though Bedivere had lost the ability to feel fear himself. Nagini seems quick to accept the Frillish's defense, even going as far as apologizing for assuming the worst, though there was something still to be said about binding a creature against its will to psychologically torment it. Never even mind the possibility of the victim entering a state of irreversible shock as a result! Vega wasn't one to turn all smiley faced over a "false alarm", though his expression does soften somewhat. It was never his intention to let out such an intense Glare to begin with. It was only a natural gesture his body adopted when his self entered a particular state of mind, one which could range mere sternness, to bitter hatred, depending on the occasion.

Bedivere's speech flies right over Fa's head on the other hand, who could not really grasp any of it. She frowns in frustration and puffs her cheeks before she decides to do something about the whole thing herself. She takes only a couple half-hops forward before she starts biting and nibbling at the Eevee's bindings. Of course, she never openly spoke of her intentions, and Kuranes could very likely be taking her attempts in the complete wrong. At least it was better to believe one is being eaten alive by a cute, little snake than by some sadistic ghosts? It doesn't help any after the rest of the gang arrive to the scene. "Ooooh, talk about perfect timing, ha, ha, ha! Bedivere, my man! We're having Eevee for lunch?" Narsil's mouth started to water as he grinned wide, his mouth flashing a complete set of very sharp fangs in the process. Kara turns quickly around and jabs Nars with a quick Scratch across his nose yet once again, this time eliciting a pained Yeouch! from him as he rubs his face, tears almost bursting forth from one of his eyes as a result ... that is until he suddenly starts wheezing in laughter at some inside joke only he could comprehend within his head.

Despite all these happenings, Vega's eyes were always focused on one single target, never turning away from Bedivere's own. It was a snake thing one could say. Once they fixate on a particular object, it was as if the rest of the world ceased to exist for them, as they only had eyes for one. It wasn't that Vega did not notice Fa wrestling with what she was supposed to save, or the arrival of his other young teammates, or even the important presence of another powerful snake, but rather that his focus was best devoted to this silent conversation with the merry ghost. His eyes scrutinized deep, trying to see past the many layers of masks that lied beneath that jovial and deceptively innocent face, and in turn, it was as if he suddenly found himself navigating through a most intricate of labyrinths. So seemingly unreadable did Bedivere seem at first glance. "Not one to feel fear, you say." He almost whispered to himself. "Then I must say, you, sir, either know nothing of the true face of fear, or perhaps already know it too well. You have a feeling heart, and as long as you don't turn into one of the heartless, you will always have a vulnerable spot that can be preyed upon. Are your fears that terrible to you, or have you forgotten them entirely? The missy will have a handful trying to uncover them for you, that's for sure."
    Last edited by Balmund; 3rd February 2013 at 3:19 AM. Reason: Horrible sense of grammar

Both serpents perceive the honest, if somewhat warped intentions of the cannibalistic culinary genius standing paralyzed before them, and soften their glares somewhat in response to the understanding that Kuranes was not in any immediate physical danger. Nagini goes as far as to apologize for assuming the worst of Bedivere, whom she knew was not the sort to ruthlessly murder someone... not without permission, anyhow. "Oh, it is quite all right, Lady Nagini! I am only glad that our ruse is convincing to even one as clever as yourself, ohohohoho~!" Bedivere's grin widens, the paralyzing effect of the glares slowly beginning to wear off. Vega, however, is not so quick to apologize... After all, Kuranes' mental well being was still very much in jeopardy, and the fear he experiences by the betrayal of a trusted team member could have all sorts of damaging effects to his young psyche. Even if he is not eaten, the experience of almost being consumed alive by a loved one is one that changes a Pokemon's mind; the grim possibility of death becomes more tangible, real... begins to take on the face of siblings, friends, people that once represented life in the mind; if the smiling Bedivere could kill Kuranes without a second thought, what assurance did he have about anyone else? Vega senses this potential for mental scarring quite keenly, but even moreso, he is intrigued by the complexity of the seemingly merry, yet deluded Frillish. There was certainly more than meets the eye with Bedivere, and yet it was hard to find the face beneath the grinning mask. Vega concludes that this strange creature must either have never experienced true fear, or perhaps the experience had affected him so deeply that it formed the mental barriers which Vega had such difficulty penetrating. Though Bedivere's smile is unwavering, his answer to Vega's question is anything but amusing.

"I left my fear behind long before I was born, Lord Vega. I have dragged my charred, emaciated soul from the pit of boiling blood and fire. I have fled the centaurs, swam through waters laden with the sullen damned, trudged through battlefields populated with faceless men, braved the foul, icy rains and the violent winds which carry spirits torn apart by longing... Like tempered steel, I am reborn from the flames, unbreakable and full of purpose." Bedivere chuckles brightly. "Metaphorically, of course."

Meanwhile, poor Fa doesn't quite understand what's going on, her focus failing her. Frustrated with her attempts at comprehension, she decides to instead act upon what she does understand, which is that Kuranes is bound and distressed. Untying his bonds will surely make him happy, right? The young dragon takes a few hops forward and starts gnawing on Kuranes' bonds; the shiny Eevee, having enough of his fear consumed by Spinel to think straight, perceives that Fa is attacking his bonds and not him; indeed, if she were trying to eat him, she would likely go straight for the neck or chest, wouldn't she? Even if she DID intend to eat him, once she bit through his bonds, he could make a quick escape before she bit into her legs. The Eevee seems momentarily hopeful when the sight of a Gabite flashing its glistening fangs drains all the color from his face. He desperately tries to help Fa bite through the bonds, straining against the cords in a desperate attempt to free himself quickly before the Gabite took a bite out of him!

Spinel narrows its eyes at Fa's attempts at freeing the Misdreavus' lunch, and a deep, masculine Growl emanates from the creature's throat in irritation. "Stop what you are doing at once," the Misdreavus hisses, his commanding, baritone voice a poor match for his appearance. "It is rude to meddle in the affairs of others," he nearly shrieks with contempt.

Nagini found herself somewhat flattered as Bedivere expressed his happiness that the ruse was convincing to someone as clever as her. It was true, she was rather clever, but she felt that saying so would amount to bragging, which she tended to not do. She merely settled for politely nodding in acknowledgement of the Frillish's words, though she still looked somewhat concerned, and it was certain that Bedivere's words in response to Vega were slightly unnerving. "You are very kind, Bedivere," she replied. "But... I hope this will have no negative impact on the Eevee... Kuranes, you said his name was?" she added, concern in her voice. "Fear can create a lasting impression, after all, and not a very desirable one. I try to not inflict fear on others unless it is absolutely necessary. Of course, I see that it's necessary in this case, but this is a unique situation- any time it has been necessary for me to induce fear in anyone, they truly deserved to be frightened. I get the feeling that this does not apply here. Are you certain that this experience will not traumatize the Eevee?" Nagini asked. "I remember how it tore at my heart to see Sakura scream in fright at the sight of me... I am glad I was able to help her, at least... I would hate for Kuranes to be traumatized, and by you, no less, given how kind you are."

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Vega silently absorbs Bedivere's words as he speaks of his abandoned fears. Wether or not the Frillish was speaking in pure metaphor, he felt in a way the words were meant to be taken rather literally, which only raised more questions than answers, but he wasn't going to press further. The other Arbok, who was revealed to him to be known as Nagini, then starts wondering about K's wellbeing, wanting to make sure this experience was not going to cause lasting harm to the poor Eevee. She then goes on to explain how she only used fear when it was absolutely necessary, and only on those that deserved it, though she could see how it was necessary now in order to feed Spinel. Vega however, could not agree to either of those thoughts. He had endured many years under of a dreadfully tyranical Arbok, who used and abused fear tacticts to bring an entire clan into complete submission. For Vega, fear was frighteningly effective, but never appropriate or necessary. His resortment to it was never really out of his own free will, but rather a result of the qualities of his own species. The art of intimidation was genetically ingrained into his body, it ran deep, and he loathed it, for it came to him without a second thought, in his voice, and his body. He would rather believe, however, that, if anyone ever held respect for his persona, it was more because his knowledge and beliefs rather than fear of his power, even though fear and respect usually went hand-in-hand. What really grated on him however was using a team member as nourishment for another. For instance, one could say killing for food to be necessary, and yet one never consumes another of his kin. Even cannibals would only take prisoners and slaves for food, for the most part. Even in this "not deadly" scenario, this course of action was not acceptable at all, and Vega would not condone it.

Meanwhile, Fa was doing her very best to free the captive Eevee, and K seemed to pick up on this as he tried to bite unto his own bindings as well; in obvious desperation of course, as a Gabite with a clear appetite for fox flesh was very much in clear sight. Spinel was getting annoyed by Fa's actions however, and starts Growling menacingly as he commands her to stop at once. Fa seems startled at his authoritative voice, and for a second she looks like she doesn't know what to do, but something changes in her expression as she starts gathering courage for what she thinks is right. "No!" She squeaks. "No, no, no!" She mutters as she stubbornly keeps unbinding K with renewed purpose.

Upon hearing the male banshee's voice, Narsil couldn't help cackling in laughter, though it wasn't clear if he was laughing at himself for falling straight into the trap, or at Spinel for his hilariously mismatching voice. The "lady" doth speak like a man indeed! Kara however, did not find Spinel's voice humorous at all, instead frowning in disaproval at the mere suggestion of just standing there as an innocent was gagged and abused before her eyes. "Say what? Now listen here ma'am, sir, whatever it is that you are, you can call us the rudest bunch in the whole wide world, but we ain't gonna stand for tis kinda thang right before our eyes. If this is some nasty prank, it's as tastless as stale fries left unattended for whole damn day. My goodness, what is wrong today? One moment I'm trying to do some good ol' match-making, and now I'm arguing with Doc Frank-N-Furter in person."

"We?" Narsil interrupted. "And seeing how this whole banquet was laid out for this moment by the way, I'd say this prank is a very tasteful one!" He started laughing out loud again, before being on the recieving end of another Scratch to the nose.

"My deepest apologies now," Kara continued, "but try to stop me if you can." She went on to try and lend a helping hand with her sharp fangs and claws.

Vega had remained silent throughout the whole thing. The events starting to test his patience, he takes a deep breath as he thinks for himself if this was another trail sent from beyond to try him further. "Enough!" He exclaimed, before turning to Spinel "You. The park is inhabited by dozens of unsuspecting and easily impressed bystanders. If you want fear that badly, you're free to wreck havoc as you wish, but I will not allow you to treat your kindred as an item before my presence. There is nothing else to argue. The rest of you," he turned to his own group, "apologize, we're leaving."
    Last edited by Balmund; 4th February 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Nagini, Vega, Fa, Narsil, Kara, Bedivere, Spinel, Kuranes, Sakura/Sumika, Gwyn: Fa does her best to free little Kuranes, gnawing through his bindings as best as she can. Upset at the interference, Spinel wails angrily at Fa, stunning the Dunsparce for a solid moment. At first, she seems to have no idea what to do, but something within her compels her to act against the orders the Misdreavus barked out, and she continues gnawing at the rope which constricts Kuranes' back legs, squeaking her determined refusal like a little toy.

"I cannot believe the complete and utter disrespect I am experiencing right now," Spinel mutters to himself with a sour expression, as if recently having bitten into a lemon. To make matters worse, the grinning Gabite seemed to find his voice humorous, though his jolly laughter was nothing compared to the insulting remarks of his younger companion. Spinel's eyes become more and more inflamed with fury as the Totodile speaks.

"It is clear that I do not need to tell you that you are disrespectful. You barge in on my lovely picnic, make a mess of things, then feign courtesy by apologizing... in advance. As if I even REMOTELY believe you're sorry when you make no attempts to restrain yourselves from your pathetic hero impersonations. Oh, and ma'am? I must apologize for being less masculine than yourself. I am certain if I had a jaw as wide and jutting as yours, people would figure out my gender right away." The Misdreavus takes a long swig of his wine, the glass trembling with the creature's rage.

Bedivere looks at Spinel quizzically before appraising Kara's appearance. "Oh, I do say that Sir Spinel is exaggerating. Your face is indeed lovely. Your jaw suits you, ohohohoho~!" Spinel narrows his eyes at Bedivere, who smiles serenely in response. The Totodile makes her way over to Kuranes, biting at the gag as Fa works at Kuranes' hind legs. It does not take long with Kara's help for the shiny Eevee to become unbound. The fuzzy fox wobbles dizzily to his feet, sniffing the ground a moment before immediately bolting away from the picnic, trampling casseroles and gravy boats in his mad dash away from the group that had gathered. Vega finally orders his teammates to cease, stating that while the Misdreavus could have his fill of fear from any of the Pokemon around the park, Vega would not allow Spinel to consume his kin.

"Kin? Kin? That fuzzball is not my kin. On what sick planet do you live in that having the same trainer suddenly makes one kin?" Spinel, who had his fill of being lectured and insulted by these intruders, suddenly grows cold in his expression, a dark smile spread across his face. "Fine. Fine. I understand. The lot of you want to play hero. You, the steadfast moral compasses who guide the rest of us rabble to the right path. Oh, I understand, now. I am the villain, is that it? Then you have yourself a villain. Mark my words..." The Misdreavus vanishes into thin air at the conclusion of his sentence, leaving his empty glass of wine behind. Bedivere picks up the glass, examining it a moment before calling out to Vega and his teammates;

"WAIT! Please, do not go! Who will eat all the food that I have made? I did so wish that we would all have a nice picnic together, ohohoho~!"

At first, it had appeared as if Kuranes is simply running away as fast as he can from the madness, but after a few feet of dashing, Kuranes stops short, barking happily at the ground, which shakes beneath Kuranes' feet; softly at first, but then with a rumble so intense that the little Eevee is almost knocked over. A rather odd little bug Pokemon bursts forth from the trembling ground, her hooklike arms breaking the surface of the soil in a mad rush. From the hole out of which the Nincada emerges, a purple light becomes more and more apparent, as a Litwick floats out of the underground tunnel behind the Nincada. The Nincada immediately wraps her appendages around Kuranes in a hug, as the Litwick casts the shadow of a smiley face using his mysterious, flickering light as the backdrop.

K! Oh, I was so worried... Sumika was saying terrible things and putting images in my head of you dying horribly, and I had to make sure you were okay. I'm glad she was just being silly again! Sakura rolls her eyes in the back of her head, muttering angrily at herself; Sumika, I wish you would stop making me upset for no reason! You worry too much. No, really! Stop lying, Sumika! STOP IT! Ugh, I am DONE talking with you. The Nincada's eyes roll back forward, as she re-engages with the outside world once again. How is the picnic with our newest teammate going?

Kuranes turns back, looking hesitantly back at the smiling Frillish who had bound him. Despite the harrowing situation he was just in, he hated to implicate Bedivere in what had just occurred... After all, he knew how easily misled the jovial jellyfish was, and he was not the real enemy, here...

Let's just say that I would keep an eye out for Spinel if I were you, Kuranes states simply. He's... not a very nice Pokemon.

Though Sakura tilts her head with a bit of confusion, Gwyn nods his head silently in agreement with Kuranes' assessment.

Sumika will watch out for us, K! Don't worry... Even if Spinel's a little weird, Sumika is much stronger than him. Sakura giggles a bit, her compound eyes catching a glimpse of the picnic and the Pokemon that have gathered. Hey... is that Vega and Nars? Who's the Totodile with them? Arceus dammit... I hope this doesn't mean that Chris is around! I haven't trained enough yet to face her! Sakura narrows her eyes and pushes her body close to the ground, trying to sense vibrations consistent with a Seviper in the soil. The Litwick, on the other hand, does not hesitate to float over to the company gathered, motivated by sheer curiosity.

Jessica, Sewaddle, Blueberry, Waffle, Gadget: ((Continuation from a long time ago... Sorry it took so long!))

Gadget's eyes drift for a moment as he tries to recall whether or not he heard the name "Stacey" before; with no lightbulbs going off in his head, he goes into another rambling monologue; Noooooo I don't know a Stacey but if she is a friend of yours and a friend of my trainer then she is a friend to me too it is the law of friendship that is how it works it is a law of friendly physics and maybe we can all go on an adventure together and I could meet her LEAF! Gadget's eyes turn upward toward the Sewaddle on his head, and his wide grin displays his grass-stained teeth. Why are you putting leaves together are you part of the bakery too I loooove leaves they are delicious are you making edible leaf hats that should be a thing I would wear a leaf hat every day and eat it every night and get a new one and I would be LEAF HAT GADGET and that would be my name yes. Are you my leaf hat today you kind of look like a leaf and you are on my head though Coselle would be mad if I ate you and I bet you would be mad too I think possibly... YES so I would like a hat do you make nice hats for lawnmowers even though lawnmowers do not wear hats but I want to wear a hat I AM THE TRENDIEST LAWNMOWER yes. Please? Gadget's big, saucer-like eyes look pleadingly at the Sewaddle.

Nagini, Vega, Fa, Narsil, Kara, Bedivere, Spinel, Kuranes, Sakura/Sumika, Gwyn: Nagini found herself liking Spinel less and less as the Misdreavus grumbled about getting no respect, just before making scathing remarks about Kara's appearance. "Respect works both ways," the female Arbok said to the Misdreavus. "You demand respect of others, yet I see you do nothing to deserve any yourself. All I see is you feeding off your own teammate." Spinel then ominously stated that if they wanted a villain, they got themselves a villain, and promptly vanished. Nagini looked wary, even after Spinel's disappearance. "I disagree with him," she stated. "I consider my teammates and trainer to be my closest friends and family. He may need to eat, but that does not give him the right to regard someone on his own team as a piece of meat." It was then that Nagini noticed the Litwick and Nincada that had emerged from the ground several feet away. "Sakura? It's nice to see you again," she smiled at the Nincada. She then turned to face the other Arbok present. "You are Vega, right? My name is Nagini, it's nice to meet you," she said.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Delilah, Sparky, Hebenon, Cyanide, Pomona, Hannah: Hebenon suggested they meet the new Eevee on Keith's team and Teleported them both over to where Pomona and the other Pokemon were. However, when Eevee saw them, she wasn't too fond of the fish. Delilah cringed slightly at how rude Cyanide was to her teammates. She reminded her of Amethyst, though without the power to crush someone's lungs. "Why do you feel the need to talk that way ... even to your senior?" Delilah wondered with worry.

Then another Qwilfish appeared and introduced herself as Hannah, Hebenon's sister. Much more pleasant than Cyanide, so Delilah flashed her lures slightly to greet her. "Hi, nice to meet you too!" she said happily.

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Hauser: As Amelia flew closer she suddenly had to stop for the wing blocking her. A menacing Crobat hovered in the Taillow's way, wondering why she was so intent on making herself a nice snack for a huge Aerodactyl. "But ... but dat's Icawus!" the baby Taillow chirped. "He's my fwiend, why aw you in the way?"

Icarus had been watching the Aerodactyl all this time when he suddenly heard Mia chirping. He looked up and feared the worst. "Oh crud, Mia!" he squawked in surprise before flying up to put himself in between Mia and the Crobat. "Icawus!" Mia chirped happily. "You even th-think about hurting M-Mia, and m-my shiny wings w-will be the l-l-last thing you s-s-see..." Icarus tried to say in a dangerous tone, though he was admittedly nervous. Now that he could see the Crobat up close, he could see the obvious difference in strength. No, this was no plucky scorpion!

Hyrem, Sera, Aisa, Seshiro, Shisato, Vi: Hyrem had been holding Aisa for a while and decided that now was a good time to hold someone else. So he put Aisa on his head, her other favorite place to be, before taking out a few more Pokeballs. "Seshiro, Shisato, come on out you two!" Two Ekans, one male and one female, appeared out of their Pokeballs both looking at Hyrem and flicking out their tongues to take in the new scents of the lake. "All right, you two go ahead and have fun! I know you guys have much better moods than Amethyst does, so at least you'll play nice, right?" The two Ekans say nothing but go slithering off together towards some very familiar scents...

Once Hyrem was sure they were far enough away, he took out a third Pokeball. "OK, Vi, you too!" An orange and yellow chick appeared on Hyrem's lap. "Torchic!" she cheeped confidently. "Hey, Vi! You want to sit here and relax?" Vi chirped happily, while Aisa didn't voice any objections; she was too busy chewing her trainer's hair to even notice! "Hello," Sera said, bowing before the little chick. "My name is Sera, what is yours?"

"Heh, it's Vi!" said the Torchic, slightly surprised at the yellow color Sera was feeding her mind. "Uh, great to meet you! Um..."

"Please, do not worry about the color," said Sera, as if she anticipated Vi's question. "It is how I express my emotions."

"Oh, okay," said Vi before sighing and enjoying the scenery of the lake safely in Hyrem's lap.
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 7th February 2013 at 7:27 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast