Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Fizzytopian Park and Gardens

Default Dwebble's Dwelling Troubles part 01

OOC: I don't mean to put rules on this, but my Pokémon will not be speaking directly to Chad or any other human, regardless of any prowess one may have at understanding Pokémon, only to each other (most likely when he's not around). Also, my Mienfoo only speaks Japanese (I may call it Kantoese instead, if that's not racist, to keep it as close to Pokémon as possible).

Chad walked to the Park with Cyndaquil by his side. For a needed day off, he decided this was the place to go. This was also the opportunity to take some of his newer teammates to get to know better.

Chad took five Pokeballs out of his pocket, each of varying kinds. He tossed them all in the air to let their contents out. Out of his white Premier Ball came his Mienfoo who put her hands together as if in prayer and bowed. His Dwebble next appeared, missing his trademark shell home that’s normally found on his back. Caterpie and Wurmple appeared, the latter with a flourish of sparkles. Their eyes immediately locked on each other. Lastly his Ledyba appeared through a flash of the number “2013,” and he happily buzzed about heading right for Chad.

“There isn’t much going on at the present time, so I thought I would take you all to the park,” Chad said to his small group of Pokémon. He looked at Dwebble, who was looking around the park obviously for a rock to call home. “Dwebble and I will be searching for a rock for him. If you want to help, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it greatly. Otherwise, please don’t get in any trouble.”

“Dweb!” Dwebble remarked gratefully.

Wurmple and Caterpie wasted no time thinking about what they were going to do with their time, and the pair scampered off together.

Dwebble immediately started searching the area for a rock suitable to carry. He clawed at the ground hoping to unearth a stone. So far he wasn’t finding many stones big enough for him to call home.

Chad got on his hands and knees and began lending a hand. Any rock he found that was larger than a pebble, he would put in a pile in hopes he could present to Dwebble. Cyndaquil, without his flame lit, and Ledyba also joined the search.

“Kojo,” Mienfoo sighed and walked away. She walked over to a spot under a tree by the lake. She said in the shade and began to meditate, fists pointed inward.

Caterpie, Wurmple - Caterpie and Wurmple made their way to the gardens. Wurmple motioned to Caterpie to follow him up a nearby Cornn Berry tree. They looked down to the ground at the flowerbeds once they walked out on a large branch that overlooked the area. Wurmple reached up and bit a twig off holding a berry, and he presented it to Caterpie. She blushed.

“Have this berry. I hope it tastes as good as you look beautiful,” Wurmple said gently. As soon as he uttered the words, he felt a little awkward at how it sounded. He was now starting to get nervous. “Wait, that’s not what I…”

Caterpie giggled. “Thank you, and I think I know what you mean.” She took a bite of the Cornn Berry. “This is delicious. Care to have a bite?”

“Oh no, I couldn’t possibly take your food,” Wurmple tried to sound chivalrous. “You eat up now.” He couldn’t shake these nerves for some reason. “Thank you for agreeing to spend time with me,” he bashfully said. “Ever since I first saw you, I couldn’t stop thinking about you.”

“It’s my pleasure,” Caterpie replied, blushing again. “You’re sweet.”

Wurmple blushed. He walked over to Caterpie’s side and sat with her. “Your beauty pales…I mean, these flowers’ beauty pales in comparison to yours.” There were those nerves again!

Caterpie giggled again. “You don’t have to be nervous, dear. Let’s just enjoy each other’s company.”

“You got it!” Wurmple said feeling immediate relief. He laid his head on the branch, and Caterpie laid hers on his.

Keith, Meowth, Salazar, Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Silas, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius, Stewie, Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach: As Keith finished introducing himself and Meowth to Charm, Peeves glanced at his trainer, his eye narrowing as he noticed one particular Poké Ball on Keith's belt.

"Um, Keith," Peeves said, "You didn't actually bring that one, did you?" he asked, pointing to an all-purple Poké Ball, cloaked in a sinister, shadowy aura.

Confused, Keith removed the ball in question from his belt, and sighed as he saw what he was holding. "Ah, yeah, that one," he remarked. "Didn't even realize I had him with me, to be honest. Relax, Peeves, I'm not about to send him out. I got no intention of causing any kind of mayhem here- oops."

For at that moment, Keith tried to reattach the Shadow Ball to his belt, but missed- the ball fell to the ground, landing button-first on a small rock, which enlarged it to full size. It then bounced off the rock, and as it came to rest in the grass, Keith sighed in relief. This relief, however, was short-lived- as Keith bent over to pick it back up, the ball split open, and in a flash of light, a dark grey Ledian materialized.

"Oh, crap," groaned Keith, as he grabbed the ball. "Stewie, no! Return!" However, the Shadow Ledian deftly evaded the ball's return beam.

"Nothing doing, hat man!" the Ledian snapped. "Now that I'm free from the confines of that infernal contraption, I intend to take full advantage of my newfound freedom! Ha ha haaa!" he cackled as he flew off into the air, headed right for the small flock of Flying-types about to fly away from the area.

"Stewie, get back in your ball this instant!" Keith exclaimed, holding up the Shadow Ball, but each and every time, the return beam failed to strike its target. Desperate, Keith turned to his Dusclops. "Peeves, hold him in place with Psychic!" he said.

The Dusclops nodded and focused, but at that moment, a pale blue aura became visible around Stewie's body, and Peeves's attack didn't seem to be doing anything. "He's using Safeguard to block my attack!" exclaimed Peeves!"

"Oh, crap," groaned Keith. "Hedwig!" he called up to his Crobat. "Use Hypnosis!"

At that moment, however, Stewie appeared above the flock, and let loose an echoing evil laugh. At the same time, numerous music notes formed from wisps of shadowy aura flew from his body, the ominous notes flying all around the flock.

"Ain't dat Stewie's Shadow Panic?" Meowth remarked. In response, Keith uttered a few choice swearwords in Shuppet language, for Meowth was completely right. Sure enough, the attack was causing all the Flying-types to fly more erratically, including Hedwig, who was too confused by the move to use Hypnosis as instructed.

"Oh, this can't end well," groaned Keith, as Stewie evaded the Shadow Ball's return beam yet again. "This-"

"Pidove dove!"

"Hmm?" Keith murmured as he looked back up at the flock. To his surprise, now he could see that his Pidove appeared to have been unaffected by the Shadow Panic.

"Hey!" Meowth exclaimed. "Batrach ain't confused! Dat attack must've missed her somehow!"

"Yes!" Keith exclaimed. "That's what I'll do- I'll battle Stewie with Batrach, and once he's defeated, there's no way he can avoid getting back in the ball!"

"Er," Meowth remarked, "does... does Batrach actually have a lot of experience wit battlin'?"

"Not a lot," admitted Keith. Then, he called up to his Pidove. "Batrach, use Gust!" he ordered.

"Piiiiiidove dove dove!" trilled Batrach as she flapped her wings hard, sending a forceful wind blowing towards Stewie. Gritting his teeth, the Shadow Ledian struggled to stay in midair, before flying around the Gust and striking hard with Mach Punch. This knocked Batrach out of the air, but she recovered almost instantly.

"Nice, Batrach!" grinned Keith. "Now! Quick Attack!"

"Piiiiiiidoooooooove!" responded the Pidove, now flying at great speeds. She streaked through the air, and slammed hard into Stewie, knocking him for a loop.

"Air Cutter right now!" called Keith- they were on a roll now, and he wanted to keep this up.

In response, Batrach flapped her wings again, this time creating a number of blades out of the air. They flew towards Stewie, who swiftly fired off a Shadow Wave. The two attacks collided in midair, each cancelling the other out.

"Batrach, use Quick Attack!" yelled Keith.

"Piiiiiidooooooooove!" trilled Batrach yet again, as she flew into Stewie with great force and speed, sending him spiraling down towards the ground, but only for a moment- he righted himself, glaring furiously at his avian adversary.

"Hey, Batrach's doin' pretty good out dere," Meowth observed.

"Heh, she sure is," grinned Keith. "Air Cutter again, Batrach!" he called.

"Pidoooove!" Batrach cooed, flapping her wings hard and sending blades of air soaring towards Stewie. This time, the Shadow Ledian zoomed forward, deftly weaving in and out between the blades, evading the attack completely, before going into a Comet Punch. Then, before the Pidove could recover from this, Stewie fired off String Shot from his mouth, and in an instant, Batrach's wings were pinned to her side. Though she struggled to free them, the Pidove started falling.

"Oh, crap, Batrach, no!" exclaimed Keith. He reached to his belt, reaching for Batrach's Poké Ball, intent on recalling her...

"Pi.. Pi.. DOOOOOOOOOOOVE!" bellowed Batrach, as her entire body was suddenly enveloped in a bright white light. As she changed shape, the String Shot exploded off of her. She rose back into the air, flapping wings of steadily increasing length, and as she was level with Stewie once more, the glow faded, revealing a brand new in Batrach's place. "Tranquiiiiiiiill!" she trilled.

"Batrach just evolved into a Tranquill!" Meowth exclaimed. Thrilled beyond words, Keith pointed his Pokédex at Batrach.

"Tranquill, the Wild Pigeon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pidove," droned the device. "Tranquill has an amazing sense of direction, and can always find its nest. No matter what the circumstances, it can always find its way back to its Trainer."

"What the deuce?!" demanded Stewie as he warily eyed Batrach's new form.

"You're not winning this time, Stewie," Batrach cawed, a confident gleam in her eyes.

"One more time, Batrach- use Air Cutter!" Keith ordered.

"Tranquiiiiiiiill!" Batrach replied, giving a single flap of her newer, longer, larger wings. This time, they produced a single large X-shaped blade of air, which struck Stewie head-on, and sent him falling toward the ground. This time, it didn't look like he was going to recover before hitting the ground.

"Stewie, return!" Keith exclaimed, holding out the Shadow Ball. Mercifully, this time, the Shadow Ledian was unable to avoid the return beam, and was sucked back in. Immediately, Keith pressed the button to minimize the Ball, then pressed a few buttons on his Pokédex, and the Shadow Ball vanished, having been transported to the PC storage system.

"Dat was close," sighed Meowth. "Hey, but it looks like dey're all startin' ta snap outta da confusion," he added, glancing back up at the flock of Flying-types. Keith followed Meowth's gaze, and could see that this did indeed seem to be the case. Hedwig was shaking her head as though to clear it. Also, Batrach was descending down towards them, the newly evolved Tranquill landing on Keith's arm.

"Heh, nice going, Batrach," grinned Keith. "Thanks for helping out with Stewie like that. And congratulations, I can't believe you evolved!"

"Tranquill, Tranquill!" cooed Batrach happily. She then took off, flapping back off to the flock of Flying-types, for whom the confusion had worn off.

"Whoa..." Hedwig muttered, shaking her head to try and clear it. "What just happened... What the-" she added upon spotting Batrach.

"Check it out, Hedwig- I evolved!" the Tranquill chirped happily.

"Oh. I see," Hedwig replied. She didn't sound nearly as pleased as Batrach, however- whatever Keith had reassured her to the contrary, she couldn't shake the ominous notion that this Tranquill might someday replace her as Keith's mode of aerial transportation. "How... nice."

Batrach did not seem to notice Hedwig's less-than-enthusiastic response, though, her enthrallment at having evolved preoccupying her far too much, and she flew back over to Mia and Rukia.

Shelley, Dwebble, Chad: Meanwhile, a Dwebble was searching around for something, his Trainer not far off, apparently doing the same. Arriving on the scene was a Torkoal, who observed this search going on for a few minutes, before working up the courage to approach the little Bug/Rock-type. As she watched him search for... whatever it was he was looking for... she tilted her head in mild curiosity. A puff of smoke floated out of one of the holes in her shell, and drifted on the air until it would be within the Dwebble's view. En route, the puff of smoke took the unmistakable shape of a question mark, Shelley's way of asking Dwebble what he was doing.

Code:
    What?  Pidove is evolving!

...!

Congratulations!  Your Pidove evolved into Tranquill!
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 3rd June 2014 at 7:31 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 1 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Dewbble's Dwelling Troubles pt 02

Mienfoo – After she spent some time meditating, Mienfoo stood up and walked around. She had decided it was time for some training. As she walked around the pond; she observed all around her, the vast lake, some of the gardens, and even some of the other people.

She observed a trainer with a large group of Pokémon doing what appeared to her some training. She could see a Pidove battling a strange Pokémon she had never seen before. Had she not stopped to watch for a little while, she would never believe that that little Pidove could have taken the other creature on despite its smaller size. She watched it evolve to a Tranquill to finally defeat that other Pokémon.

He’s a great trainer to train his Pokémon,’ she thought to herself. ‘One of these days I’ll ask Kailios or Herakrosu to spar. For now, I need to get stronger myself.’ She looked around a little more, then continued searching for a spot to train, leaving that large group of Pokémon and their trainer behind.

Chad, Dwebble, Cyndaquil, Ledyba – The quartet continued searching the immediate area for a rock for Dwebble. Dwebble wasn’t finding any rocks he could call home. He continued to scratch and claw at the ground hoping to dig up something useful. Not knowing what type of rock Dwebble was looking for, Chad had begun a pile of rocks he thought would be fitting for Dwebble’s size.

Cyndaquil and Ledyba weren’t having much luck either. They were making piles, like Chad, but their piles weren’t as big as Chad’s. Cyndaquil looked over at Ledyba, who at this point had resorted to using Comet Punch on the ground try and dig a hole, and sighed.

“I wonder if we’re looking in the wrong place,” Chad said. “I think we need to get below the topsoil, but none of you know Dig.” Hearing this, Ledyba jumped up and flew into the air. He started to produce some sweet smelling air, and his wings wafted the scent around the area.

Cyndaquil and Dwebble both stopped what they were doing and began sniffing the air. Chad, too, looked up and started smelling. “What smells so sweet?” He wondered.

Wurmple, Caterpie - “Want to go for a walk?” Wurmple asked Caterpie. “I hear there are more gardens to look at.”

“That sounds wonderful,” Caterpie replied. She immediately stood up and walked towards the trunk to begin climbing down. Wurmple followed close behind her. Once they were both on the ground she asked, “Think we should have stayed behind to help Dwebble?”

“Nah. He’ll be fine. That’s something every Dwebble has to do on their own,” Wurmple replied. “What we would find a suitable for a rock, Dwebble could very well reject for some reason.” He and Caterpie began walking to the path. “Besides, you’re too beautiful to be digging in the dirt.” Caterpie blushed.

The pair walked along the path leading out of the first garden they sat in. They came up to a well-kept statue. It was of course large to Wurmple and Caterpie. They look up at the statue of a Milotic, looking as though it was just placed there. “What a beautiful statue,” Caterpie remarked.

“It’s got nothing on you, my dear,” Wurmple commented looking into Caterpie’s eyes. Caterpie giggled.

The pair continued walking through the park. “Do you smell that?” Caterpie asked. “Do you think that’s another garden?”

“Those flowers sure smell good,” Wurmple said sniffing the air. “Let’s go see this garden!” The two Worm Pokémon followed the scent, completely ignoring a garden they had intended to visit.

Mienfoo – Mienfoo’s walk around the lake finally yielded a path leading to one of the nature trails. She smiled and started to walk towards the path. All of a sudden, she smelled something sweet.

That’s a sweet smell,’ she thought to herself. ‘Obviously that’s another Pokémon using amaikaori to lure other Pokémon. I have better things to do right now.

She resumed walking to the trail.

Chad, Dwebble, Cyndaquil, Ledyba, Shelley – As Ledyba was trying to get some help, Cyndaquil and Dwebble had all but stopped their search. They were too entranced by Ledyba’s Sweet Scent.

Other Pokémon had begun arriving, but almost all of them ran off at the sight of Chad. Upon seeing so many Pokémon running off, Ledyba ceased his Sweet Scent. Cyndaquil and Dwebble snapped out of their trances, and they started searching once again.

Meanwhile, a new Pokémon approached the quartet. The Pokémon watched Dwebble for a little while before asking what he was doing. She walked up to Dwebble and blew a puff of smoke out of her shell. The smoke actually took the shape of a question mark.

Dwebble looked curiously at the smoke, then at the stranger Pokémon. “Dweb dweb dwebble dweb,” Dwebble said to Shelley. He pointed to his back, then the ground, and then on his back again.

Chad heard Dwebble talking, and he looked over at the Rock Inn Pokémon. “Hey Dwebble, how’s it -” Chad stopped speaking as he noticed Shelley. “Oh hey there Torkoal. Out enjoying the Park? Want to help us look for a rock for my Dwebble?”

All of a sudden, next to where Cyndaquil and Ledyba were searching, something began to burrow itself out of the ground. The head of a appeared.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 2nd February 2014 at 8:09 PM.

Chad, Dwebble, Cyndaquil, Ledyba, Shelley: Dwebble explained to Shelley that he was looking for a rock to use as a shell. Just then, Chad, Dwebble's Trainer, noticed Shelley and addressed her. The shy Torkoal felt a strong urge to pull her head into her shell at this point, but resisted it. Chad asked Shelley if she wanted to help look for a rock for Dwebble. Shelley nodded and smiled at this, then started looking here and there. When no decent rocks made themselves visible, an idea occurred to her. She turned to face a bit of land that wasn't occupied by anyone, and she focused hard. Almost immediately, the Earth erupted with Power, spraying soil and rocks into the air. Once they were finished raining back down, Shelley slowly walked over to the debris, and proceeded to collect all the chunks of rock that were of a decent size. Once she got as many as she could find (only about six or seven- most of the debris from the Earth Power was mere gravel), she pushed the small pile of rocks over to Dwebble, hoping that at least one of them would meet the Bug/Rock-type's approval.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

OOC: Let's get this moving, shall we?

Delilah, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff, Dudley: Riff continued to mindlessly head towards the couple as the light continue to entrance him. He soon found the light to be blocked out by a light purple figure. He stops in his tracks to see a shiny Slowpoke floating by, almost immediately forgetting about the light show going on behind him. A quick greeting from Hannah stopped the Slowpoke in his tracks. After a quick introduction, the Corphish blinked and stood still for a few moments before speaking, "Riff like swim too!" in sudden excitement. "Dudley want swim with Riff?..."

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach: Up in the skies, Hedwig was giving Don a heads up, to which the Murkrow responded, "No matter. It is the intent that urks me."

A Pidove soon emerged as Hedwig introduced him to the group before immediately forgetting everything he just heard. "Tsk," the Murkrow turned away, already irritated as the Batrach flew over to Rukia and Mia.

"Um... hello," the Swellow softly chirped, not having much else to say as they continued flying.

Keith, Meowth, Salazar, Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Silas, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius, Stewie, Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach: Rapid galloping sounds were heard in the distance as a dark grey Scolipede was running towards the group before stopping before them. Climbing off his back, Peeves' trainer looked before the group before Ruby ran over and licked her master's face. The Dusclops had a quick exchange with Keith before he greeted the other two trainers.

"Hey there, Keith, Meowth and Salazar. I have a Murkrow that can talk, but seeing a talking Meowth is a first for me. I'm Charm, by the way, and this is Apollo, my Combusken, and Gilan, my Absol. I heard a lot about you from Peeves just now, it's nice to finally meet you in person!"

Just then, Keith dropped his Shadow Ball as a Shadow Ledian emerged from it. The trainer panicked as he tried to return the Pokemon, though he deftly avoided it. The Ledian flew over to the flock of flying-types as Peeves and Hedwig were both ordered to put a stop to him. The Shadow Ledian goes into a Shadow Panic as all the fliers start to fly more erratically. All except Batrach.

The Pidove then begins battling it out with Stewie as Charm looks on in shock. Apollo nudged at his arm, as if asking if they should get in involved. "Let them handle it, this is not our fight," Charm responded, regaining composure as he looked on at the battle. At the very heat of it, Batrach evolves into a Tranquil before defeating Stewie. The Shadow Ledian hits the ground as Keith finally returns him to his ball.

The chaos then dies down as Stewie returns to the Flying-types who were no longer confused. Hedwig congratulates him in a less than pleased fashion, as Don merely looks at the Tranquil before giving a quick, "Congrats." Batrach then flies back over to Rukia and Mia, the Swellow chirping a soft, "Uh, congrats... and thank you for stopping that Ledian." Don saw the gratitude in Rukia's words, increasingly peeved as he looks ahead and continues his flight in silence.

OOC: Batrach is a female Tranquill, just FYI.

Delilah, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff, Dudley: To Hannah's relief, her last-ditch idea to stop Dudley and impede Riff's progress long enough to snap him out of it worked just as she thought- by making Dudley stop to talk to her, the Shiny Slowpoke was able to block Delilah's light from Riff's view, and this in turn caused the Corphish to stop swimming determinedly towards the light. The female Qwilfish glanced over, and smiled as she saw Hebenon and Delilah still dancing, still entranced by one another.

Riff, meanwhile, excitedly replied to Dudley, stating that he liked to swim as well, and asked if Dudley wanted to swim with him. The Shiny Slowpoke gave Riff a blank look for about a minute. Then, he blinked. "Dudley swim with Riff," he replied happily.

"Um, um," Hannah said, "is it OK if I swim with you guys, too?" she asked.

Again, Dudley was silent for about a minute, regarding the female Qwilfish with a blank look, before happily replying, "Hannah swim with Dudley and Riff." Then, he turned to Riff. "It OK Hannah swim with Dudley and Riff?" he added.

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach: In response to Hedwig's tip about Icarus, Don stated that it didn't matter, and it was the Skarmory's intent which irked him. "I see," the Crobat replied. Before they could get any further into that topic, however, Batrach made her appearance, and then proceeded to take down Stewie, evolving into Tranquill in the process. Once she was back over with Rukia and Mia, the Swellow congratulated her on her evolution and thanked her for stopping Stewie.

"It was nothing, really," replied the Tranquill modestly. "So, you're Rukia, and you're Mia, right?" she asked, addressing the Swellow and Taillow respectively. "Nice to meet you both."

Hedwig's eyes narrowed as she looked at Batrach, then glanced back at Don. "I'll be honest, I'm not exactly Batrach's biggest fan," she stated. "I'm the only way my Trainer gets around in the sky, you see. It just worries me that if he gets something that'd be a more comfortable ride than me, then, well..." She trailed off there, reluctant to voice her concerns out loud. "And now that she's a Tranquill, that's one step closer to Unfezant. Keith keeps on saying I got nothing to worry about, but then, so did my previous two trainers," she muttered, more to herself than to Don.

Keith, Meowth, Salazar, Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Silas, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius: Back down on the ground, Charm greeted Keith and introduced himself, as well as his Combusken and Absol. "Nice to meet you, Charm," Keith replied, shaking Charm's hand. "A talking Murkrow, hmm? I'll admit, that's pretty interesting. Peeves and Meowth aren't even the only Pokémon of mine that can talk, though. There's also my Shuppet and Banette, though in the case of the Shuppet, she used to be human when she was alive, so that one's pretty much to be expected. And then there's my Chatot- believe it or not, he doesn't just mimic human speech, he actually converses."

"Yeah, mostly ta irritate me," Meowth added sulkily.

"Oh, relax, Meowth," said Keith. "Blackbeard is not that bad."

"Oh, yeah? Well, wat if he always went around goin' 'Awwk! Keith's an idiot!' Ya wouldn't find it so amusin' den, would ya?" Meowth retorted.

"He doesn't do it all the time," argued Keith. "Besides which, we haven't even had him a week. Give it time, the novelty will wear off and he'll cut it out."

"Fer yer sake, youse better be right," said Meowth.

"Anyway," Keith said, resuming his conversation with Charm, "and then there's my Numel and my Haunter. Well, and my Swoobat, though she doesn't really talk, it's more in the way of telepathy." He immediately decided against bringing up Kevin- his Paras couldn't speak, strictly speaking, it was just his mushrooms. Keith didn't think he was up to trying to explain it just yet. With that, he took out his Pokédex and pointed it at Apollo and Vi.

"Combusken, the Young Fowl Pokémon, and the evolved form of Torchic," droned the device. "Combusken's cry is very loud and extremely distracting. A master of kicking, it can pummel an opponent with 10 kicks per second."

"Pretty cool," Keith remarked, before turning the Pokédex on Gilan.

"Absol, the Disaster Pokémon," droned the device. "Absol has the power to foresee disasters. It comes down from the mountains to warn people of disasters, but as a result, is often mistakenly blamed as the cause of them."

"I'll say it again- pretty cool," Keith grinned as he put the Pokédex away. "So, Charm, what other kinds of Pokémon do you have? I'm partial to Poison-types, myself," he smiled. Salazar lowered his head just then, allowing Keith to stroke the Scolipede's head.

"Scooool," Salazar sighed contentedly.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Dewbble's Dwelling Troubles pt 03

OOC: Sorry about the other day MM. I was testing my tags/code, and I accidentally posted. I wanted to write more, but I think I can make that part of the last installment.

Chad, Dwebble, Cyndaquil, Ledyba, Shelley, wild Nincada – Ledyba and Cyndaquil were both surprised to see a Nincada appearing from underground. Surely it would be the help Cyndaquil was looking for. Cyndaquil had decided that he would ask the Nincada to use Dig, so he could Mimic it and use it himself to find Dwebble some suitable rocks. The three Pokémon started up a conversation.

Chad was getting to the point where he wasn’t finding anything large enough for Dwebble to fit inside. He looked over to Dwebble and Torkoal, who seemed to be having a chat of their own. Just then he saw Torkoal starting to use an attack. She appeared to be controlling the land herself, causing the ground to spew rocks, soil, and other debris in the air.

Cyndaquil felt the ground tremble. Ledyba felt something very brief, which made him take to flight. Nincada really felt the ground shaking, and it immediately burrowed back underground.

“Wow, that was a strong Earth Power attack,” Chad said impressed, looking at the pile Torkoal had generated and begun rummaging through.

Caterpie, Wurmple – Caterpie and Wurmple were continuing to walk aimlessly towards the sweet scent they were attracted to when they too felt tremors in the ground. The pair seemed to snap out of a trance.

“What was that?” Wurmple asked surprised.

“The ground shook,” Caterpie replied. She looked around a little disoriented. They weren’t too far from where Chad and the others were. “Also, when did we get here? I thought we were looking for another garden.”

Wurmple noticed the Torkoal amongst the others. “I hope they’re all right.” Wurmple looked at Caterpie again. “I had a great time with you Caterpie. Can we do this again?” he blushed.

“It was a lovely time,” she replied. “I would love to do this again sometime.”

“Excellent. Now let’s go see if everyone is all right.”

Mienfoo – A rock shattered, with Mienfoo’s glowing fist the cause. ‘That kawarawari was almost perfectly executed. Perhaps a quicker withdrawal of my fists is the key,’ she thought to herself.

Mienfoo turned her attention to a fallen log nearby. ‘Now, this log will make a nice target for practicing my daburuchoppu.’ Mienfoo concentrated a little, and her hands began to glow a light blue hue. Imbued with Dragon energy, she struck the log, not once but twice. Each spot where her chops landed broke through the log. When she was done, the log was separated in three pieces. ‘Splendid.’

Mienfoo then took a break. She sat near the broken log and began to meditate.

Chad, Cyndaquil, Wurmple, Ledyba, Caterpie, Dwebble, Shelley – Shelley had created quite a pile of rocks, and when she had found enough, about six or seven, she nudged them over in Dwebble’s direction. Dwebble smiled at the Shelley’s gesture, because these rocks were all much bigger than the ones he had found.

After the Nincada had disappeared, Cyndaquil and Ledyba had joined Chad, who was watching Shelley sorting through the rubble. They, too, were impressed at what she had done in such a short amount of time.

Chad noticed Wurmple and Caterpie approaching them, and they seemed to be in a rush. “Oh hey, you two. Is everything ok?” Wurmple and Caterpie both looked at the large pile of rocks Dwebble was looking through and decided everything must be fine.

Dwebble was rummaging through the rocks Shelley had presented to him. A couple of them appeared to be quite fragile. Dwebble tested each one he picked up to make sure. The first two weren’t strong enough as Dwebble had suspected. The next rock was alas too small for the Rock Inn Pokémon. The next few rocks were sturdy enough, but they were just too heavy for Dwebble. When he tried to pick each one up, he had trouble moving with them. Dwebble felt himself began to sulk thinking that Shelley’s gesture was all for naught when he noticed one last rock.

Dwebble walked up to the rock. After scoping it out a bit, he was delighted to find it was the correct size. Next, he tested its sturdiness by using Fury Cutter on it. There wasn’t even a scratch! Finally, Dwebble tested its weight. He lifted the rock up, and it was fairly light. Dwebble was able to move around with ease carrying the rock. “Dweb!” Dwebble cried out. Cyndaquil and the Bugs all cheered for Dwebble.

“Got a keeper, bud?” Chad asked. “That’s wonderful, I’m glad for you.” Dwebble looked at Chad and nodded. The thrilled Pokémon began spewing a liquid from his mouth to create a hole in the rock to move into. “Looks like you’ll be a little while. Hey Ledyba, can you go find Mienfoo please? Just let her know we found a rock for Dwebble and make sure she’s all right.” Ledyba smiled and nodded and immediately flew off.

Chad looked at Shelley. “Thank you Torkoal for all of your help. You know, I don’t believe I ever scanned a Torkoal with my Pokedex, not even my own:”

Quote Originally Posted by POKEDEX
    Torkoal, the Coal Pokémon. Torkoal battles using energy it gets from burning coal. When loosing smoke from its nostrils, it lets off a sound that is similar to a locomotive’s horn.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 21st March 2014 at 4:26 AM.

OOC: No problem.

Chad, Cyndaquil, Wurmple, Ledyba, Caterpie, Dwebble, Shelley: Dwebble smiled at Shelley's gesture, which in turn made Shelley smile back, glad that Dwebble seemed to appreciate what she was doing. The Rock Inn Pokémon proceeded to root through the rocks, but things did not get off to a very promising start, for he seemed to be able to find a flaw with each and every one of them. Some were too fragile, one was too small, some were too heavy... Shelley hung her head, and was prepared to sneak away, embarrassed by how fruitless her gesture had ultimately proven, when Dwebble seemed to take a particular interest in the last rock in the bunch. Convinced though she was that it too would not meet Dwebble's standards, the Torkoal stayed and watched out of sheer curiosity. This time, however, the rock seemed to meet Dwebble's size requirements, his Fury Cutter made no mark on it, and he could carry it around with relative ease. As Dwebble cried out in happiness, Shelley smiled, for it seemed as though he had found his rock.

Chad, Dwebble's Trainer, congratulated the Bug/Rock-type on finding a rock, at which point Dwebble started spraying an acidic fluid in order to dig into it, to make the hole where its body would go in. At that moment, Chad turned to Shelley and thanked her for her help. Shelley blushed furiously at the attention, and as he scanned her with a Pokédex, a few wisps of smoke were emitted by her shell. The puffs of smoke rose up in the air and formed themselves into a smiley face. She also tilted her head curiously as Chad mentioned that he had a Torkoal of his own, and another puff of smoke emitted from her shell. This one took the shape of a Poké Ball for a few seconds, before it split in half like a real Poké Ball would. Then, the puff of smoke grew and billowed, changing shape until it formed the shape of a Torkoal.

Chromium, Hermione: Elsewhere in the park, a pair of Pokémon were busy. A Weedle was using her String Shot to bind together fallen tree branches into wooden frames, and then using String Shot again to cover the wooden frames in order to make makeshift canvasses. The reason she was doing this was fairly evident, as just nearby, a Smeargle was standing before an easel the Weedle had also made with fallen tree branches and String Shot, and was diligently painting on one of the makeshift canvasses. As she worked, the color of her tail paint changed as she needed it to. Constantly, she glanced from the canvas to a large and beautiful tree in the distance, and then back to the canvas again, and so on and so forth. After a while of this, the Weedle crawled over to where the Normal-type was painting, wielding her paintbrush-like tail like the paintbrush it so resembled.

"That's ten more canvasses done," Hermione reported. "Will you need any more?"

The Smeargle sighed. "At this rate, I very well might," she said, glancing disdainfully at her painting. "Look at this, Hermione, just look at this!" she exclaimed, shaking her head.

"What's wrong with it?" Hermione asked, examining the painting of the tree with interest. "It's a remarkable likeness."

"Oh, I know, I know," agreed Chromium. "But it's just that- a likeness. It's not believable. I'm aiming to make it so that if one were to hang this painting on someone's wall, it would be easily mistaken for a window, you know?"

"I suppose I see what you mean," conceded Hermione. "Still, there are aspiring artists in the world who would kill for the kind of talent you've shown already."

Chromium shook her head. "It's not good enough!" she exploded. Almost involuntarily, a Firestream erupted from her mouth, incinerating her latest painting (and somehow not damaging the easel at all), reducing it to a heap of ash. The Smeargle sighed, taking a few deep calming breaths before speaking up again. "Thank you for making more canvasses," she added to Hermione. "Sorry I forgot to say so earlier, Hermione, you know how I get while I'm painting."

The Weedle nodded. "I understand, it's fine," she replied as Chromium walked over to the stack of canvasses, grabbed one, and set it up on her easel, whereupon she proceeded to resolutely paint the tree again, paying attention to detail. Hermione watched this for a few minutes before speaking up again. "Chromium," she said, "perhaps you could achieve that lifelike effect you're looking for by using materials other than paint?"

The Smeargle paused in her painting. "How do you mean?" she asked.

"Well, like this," Hermione replied, as she crawled over to the tree. She climbed up the trunk, sniffed at the leaves before selecting a few huge ones, dragged them back over to Chromium, and by using her tail stinger, diligently cut tiny little leaves out of the big leaves. "See, if you fixed these to the painting to use instead of simply painting in the leaves, it might look more realistic," she suggested.

Chromium scooped up a few tiny leaves in her front right paw, examining them with interest. "Hmm," she remarked, sounding intrigued. "Hermione, you may have something there. What better way to make it look realistic than to use material straight from the source? Good, good, yes... Do me a favor, start applying tiny bits of String Shot to the back of each leaf so I can stick them on when I'm ready?"

"Sure," Hermione replied as she started doing just that. Chromium put down the leaves she had been examining, picked her tail back up, and resumed painting the tree with renewed enthusiasm.

Helena, Joy: Elsewhere, not far from the big lake, an Audino was standing in place, glancing all around warily, as though expecting someone or something to jump out of nowhere. For a moment, all seemed calm, until a Shuppet jumped out of nowhere, off to the Audino's right, charging up a Gunk Shot. As she fired off the potent Poison move, Audino focused hard, and suddenly, a huge tidal wave rose up out of the lake- she was using Surf. The water washed the Gunk Shot clear off course, and the toxic trash disappeared harmlessly. But the wave didn't stop there, and crashed into the Shuppet, sending her flying into a tree.

The Audino gasped as this happened, and raced over to the Ghost-type. "Oh, no! Are you OK?" she asked, but as the Shuppet rose back into the air, she was smiling proudly.

"I'm fine, don't worry," smiled Helena. "You should be proud of yourself, Joy, your Surf attack is really getting better! I gave it all I got with that Gunk Shot this time, you know."

The Audino relaxed at knowing that her Trainer was OK, and smiled at the praise. "Really?" she asked. "I... I wish I had more moves to work with, though," she admitted.

"It'll take time, but you'll definitely learn more moves," Helena replied reassuringly. "For the longest time, I only knew Knock Off and Flash, and I was able to defeat a Kangaskhan using just those moves," she added, a hint of pride in her voice. "Even if it takes you a while to learn new attacks, it's not going to be too hard to work with what you have."

"Yeah, but..." Joy said, sounding unsure. "I only have four attacks right now, and of those four, Surf only works if I'm near a body of water, and Helping Hand is only useful in double or triple battles. If I ever have to battle a Ghost-type in the desert without any backup, I'm screwed!"

"Who says we won't be doing any double battles?" Helena asked.

"Well, I know I technically belong to Keith," said Joy, "and I know there's new laws about the PC storage system, so I don't think he'll be able to let you get anything other than me for a while."

"That's true," admitted Helena, "but that doesn't mean Keith and I can't have tag battles against other pairs of trainers. They're basically double battles, but with one Trainer in charge of each Pokémon. You might find yourself having to work alongside some of my teammates in battle, and your Helping Hand would really be useful in such a situation. Not to mention Heal Pulse, once you learn it."

"Oh, OK," nodded the Audino. For a few moments, neither of them spoke, and then Joy spoke up again. "Hey, Helena?" she said. "Do you know whether Keith has any plans for that Drain Punch TM I saw in his bag? Because I think that's a move I can learn."

"I asked him about that just the other day for the same reason," Helena answered. "He says he intends to save it for when he catches a Trubbish, or for when Chuck evolves into a Gengar, whichever occurs first. But he also said he'd be glad to help me get some more TMs for you," she added with a smile.

Joy smiled back. "That's nice of him," she replied.

"Well, he's a nice Trainer," said Helena. "Now, Joy, you do know that should my little brother ever need to command you in battle, you're to listen to him, right?" she added.

The Audino nodded. "You got it," she agreed.

Helena smiled again. "Glad to hear it," she said. "Now then, how about we get back to training, hmm? It's getting close to lunchtime, so I have an idea." With that, she led her Audino over to a nearby grove of berry trees, some bearing Oran, some bearing Sitrus, even a few bearing Leppa. "Alright, Joy," Helena said. "I want you to use your attacks to get as many berries out of these trees as you can. Whatever berries you get from them we'll have for lunch, OK?"

"Alright, then," smiled Joy. Helena smiled as she watched her Audino repeatedly strike an Oran tree with Pound. Of course, if Joy failed to gather a significant amount of berries, then she, Helena, intended to use Psychic to pick a good variety for their lunch so they'd eat well in any case, but in the meantime, the Shuppet was curious to see how Joy would fare here, and smiled as the repeated Pound strikes managed to shake the tree enough to dislodge four or five Oran Berries. Emboldened by this success, Joy continued the attacking.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Chromium, Hermione: The Smeargle's painting was really coming along- now, instead of merely using paint for everything, she was taking Hermione's suggestion and attaching miniature leaves to the tree painting, said leaves being made from actual leaves from the tree she was painting a picture of in the first place. Hermione was very meticulous in the cutting out of these miniature leaves, giving them a convincing appearance, and a tiny bit of her String Shot on the back of each one ensured the leaves stuck fast to the makeshift canvas. Once Chromium had finished her latest masterpiece, she stepped back to look at it. However, she was still frowning.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked. "I think it came out great."

"Oh, the leaves worked wonders, there's no question," agreed Chromium. "They truly do add that touch of realism I was looking for, but... something's still missing. I can't quite place it. The leaves weren't the only problem, you know?"

"Hmm," Hermione sighed, studying the painting intently. "I... I'm just not sure either way. This is undoubtedly your best work yet, though, I know that much."

"Thank you," the Smeargle replied. "But... this is going to be bugging me now," she added, continuing to stare at the painting. "What else could be missing from this painting?"

"Perhaps you merely need more practice?" suggested Hermione. "If you want my opinion, you're already amazing, but perhaps more practice will help you get to be as good as you want to get."

"It's possible," shrugged Chromium. "Well, I'm going to try a different painting now, anyway," she added, taking the painting off of the makeshift easel and putting a blank canvas in its place. "Hermione, would you go onto that tree stump over there and pose?" she asked. "I'd like to try painting a portrait for a change."

"Certainly," Hermione replied. She crawled over to the tree stump the Smeargle was talking about, crawled on top of it, and struck a pose as though she was rearing up to attack.

"Perfect!" Chromium exclaimed, and with renewed vigor, she picked up her paintbrush-esque tail and got to work.

Helena, Joy: Elsewhere, Joy the Audino was using her various attacks to get berries out of trees. After repeated usage of Pound succeeded in dislodging numerous Oran Berries from one tree, she then moved on to a Leppa tree. This time, she bellowed out a Growl attack, and the sound waves successfully dislodged numerous Leppa Berries. Helena watched this happen, proud of her Pokémon. Finally, Joy moved on to the Sitrus tree, and started punching it with Pound. However, this yielded no berries. Undaunted, she looked up and used Growl again, but the sound waves did nothing. The Audino looked up at the stubborn Sitrus Berries, panting slightly from all the attacking, and then walked away from the trees.

"Joy, what-" began Helena, but before she could finish the question, the answer came in the form of a wave rising up from the lake. Joy jumped up and landed atop the wave, Surfing it with remarkable skill as it came onto the land. As the wave crashed down, Joy jumped off and landed in the Sitrus tree, where she proceeded to pick armfuls of Sitrus Berries by hand. Once she got a decent quantity of Berries, she climbed down to the lower branches, and then jumped off from there, landing safely on the ground.

The Audino gathered all the berries together in a large pile and admired it, before taking an armful of the Berries and carrying them over to Helena. "Alright, I think I got a good amount," she smiled before placing the berries on the ground.

"You certainly did," Helena smiled proudly. "Let me help you with those, though," she added, using Psychic to move the rest of the berries over to them. "Alright, let's dig in," she smiled.

"Hey, so, what did you think of that Surf?" asked Joy between bites of an Oran Berry.

"Amazing," Helena replied after eating a Leppa Berry. "And I loved how you rode it to get to the top of that Sitrus tree, that was a stroke of genius."

"Heh, thanks," smiled the Audino. "Those Sitrus Berries were tough, though!"

"Yeah, they're not easy to pick," agreed the Shuppet. "It's really hard to just dislodge them by striking the tree or bombarding them with sound waves. Even a Strength attack doesn't get the job done..."

Joy tilted her head. "How do you know that?" she asked.

For a moment, Helena didn't answer, and was looking rather downcast. "Oh, it's nothing," she said after a minute. "It's just... I was remembering the Pokémon I used to have when I was alive."

"What were they like?" asked Joy.

Helena gave a small smile as she recalled, with great fondness, her former partners. "I had two of them- Teddy, who I got as this sweet, adorable Teddiursa. Teddiursa is actually my favorite Pokémon, you know," she added. "He's how I know Strength won't get the job done- I did this exact same thing with him to train him, and he never could get those Sitrus Berries, not until he evolved into Ursaring and was able to just climb the tree and pick them. And then there was Smiley, my Wobbuffet. He always had the most pleasant disposition, and always did his best in battle, even though he couldn't do much of anything unless he got attacked. I got Smiley as a Wynaut, so you can guess how he got his name," she said.

"They sound great," smiled Joy, before she noticed her Trainer looking sad again. "You miss them, don't you?" she added. Helena wordlessly nodded. Seeing Helena in this state didn't sit well with Joy at all, and so she walked over to the Shuppet and hugged her.

"...Thanks, Joy," sighed Helena. As the Audino backed off, Helena was smiling again. "Sorry about that, it's just... I hope they're OK," she sighed. "I hope they somehow managed to get away from Team Rocket."

"Well, you're clearly a good Trainer," said Joy. "So if you trained Teddy and Smiley as well as you're training me, I'm sure they're doing OK."

Helena smiled in response to this, but said nothing. Taking the cue, the Audino did not press the subject any further, and the two continued to eat their lunch.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

{Okay, I think I caught up! Sorry for lateness guys!}

Delilah, Hebenon, Hannah, Dudley, Riff: Hannah's little Whirlpool unfortunately didn't stop Riff from continuing to move towards Delilah and Hebenon, but a Slowpoke colored a light purple soon conveniently swam in front of the Corphish, and he and Hannah were able to sufficiently distract Riff from swimming further towards the two dancing fish. Delilah could finally relax and focus on her playing with Hebenon. She made a mental note to herself to meet the oddly-colored Slowpoke, but she figured she could do that later. For now, her dancing brought herself closer to Hebenon as she led him farther away from the other Water-types so their dancing could involve more intimacy with each other. {Probably best now to leave these two alone and bring them back into the RP at a later time. And yeah, Manasseh's now with Dave, so unless he involves the little guy with everyone all over again, he's no longer existent in this RP.}

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach, Stewie, Don, Rukia: Icarus could see the look of annoyance on Don's face and smirked to himself, letting loose a quiet chuckle. It doesn't feel right if he fails to ruffle a few feathers, though he knew which lines not to cross; too many ruffled feathers, and suddenly there's a big mess all over the ground. As he overheard Hedwig talk to Don, his heart sank a little; it's not as fun to push someone's buttons if they know what you're up to. Oh well, at least he found out what pushed Hedwig's buttons, and that was a different baby bird, this one being a Pidove by the name of Batrach. "Glad to meet ya~" he squawked in his usual, "flirty" tone when he was introduced to her by Hedwig before she soon flew off to meet Mia and Rukia. He doubted she'd remember him were they to meet again; if she could forget who Frenchie was, she could forget anyone!

Meanwhile, Rukia was flying ahead of the rest of the group, but flying behind her was Mia trying her best to keep up with her new friend, as if the Swellow was her big sister. She flapped her wings as hard as she could, but no matter how hard she tried she was always a few feet behind Rukia. She wanted so badly to talk with her, but if she wasn't able to catch up like this, she just had to keep trying until she got faster. Icarus looked at her trying to fly with her older kin, but he was worried she might overdo it; such over-eagerness was nothing new to the Skarmory as whenever there was something she really wanted she'd stop at nothing to get it, but this usually ended up with her exhausting herself and Icarus having to carry her back home, allowing her to rest on his back all the way. Her safety fell more often than not to his charge, and he'd fend off a thousand Seviper if it meant she'd be able to escape them... of course, that's if a thousand Seviper decided they wanted her for some particular reason, but then again there was no figuring out a Seviper's logic; he learned that from Amethyst the hard way.

Anyway, Amelia sound found another bird, this time a Pidove, very willing to want to meet her. "Nice to meet you, Batrrr- Batrr- Batwack!" she chirped with a very noticeable struggle trying to say the "r" sound in Batrach. "My name's Mia! Up ahead's Rrr- rrr- Wukia!" Once again, she tried to enunciate properly, and again she gave in to her lisp. It seemed she was still learning how to speak, and her lisp gave away just how young she was.

The fun, however, was not going to last as she could see a strange Ledian heading their way, and before Mia or Icarus could react, he sang a Shadowy tune that caused visible musical notes to spin around everyone causing utter chaos and Panic. Neither Icarus or Mia could think straight for a while, though the confusion affecting Amelia wore off much faster than Icarus's confusion did, so he continued to fly erratically for a while. It was then that she saw her new friend, Batrach, battling the Shadow Ledian named Stewie; apparently Shadow Panic had no affect on her whatsoever! That didn't mean she was able to defeat Stewie, however. Her Air Cutters and Quick Attacks certainly did a number on the dark beetle, but a well-placed String Shot from her opponent after a flurry of Comet Punches wrapped her wings in a cocoon. "Batwack!" Amelia cried out before flying toward her in an attempt to free her; the Pidove wouldn't be able to free herself in time, and she would be taking a plunge into the lake anytime soon. However, she could hear Batrach cry out before a white light erupted from her body. As it started to expand, the silk threads around her wings broke away, and she flew back into the air before finishing her transformation into a bird about 50% bigger than her original form. Amelia couldn't believe her eyes, she just saw Batrach evolve into a Tranquill, the third evolution she'd seen today! "Aw wight!" she chirped happily for her new friend. "Go get'm!" And indeed, all it took was one Air Cutter, this one much more powerful than what she did as a Pidove, to knock the wind out of Stewie and send him falling, unable to recover nor resist the beam from his Shadow Ball which pulled him in before disappearing into his trainer's PC.

By this time, Icarus had shaken off his own confusion, and the first thought in his mind was concern for Amelia. Fortunately, she wasn't too far from the group and was actually flying back to rejoin Rukia. A quick glance downward, and his jaw dropped slightly at the sight of the Tranquill flying up towards the group. When she talked with Hedwig, he slightly recognized her voice, though it seemed more gentle and smooth from the Pidove he met not even five minutes ago. As she flew off to meet Mia and Rukia again, he couldn't help himself from grinning. "Heh~" he let out a soft caw that could be heard by Hedwig and Don. "I forgot~ what's the lady's name again~?" Hedwig then said something about possibly being replaced by Batrach and that she wouldn't be needed anymore, but Icarus was in his own little world at the time and couldn't respond properly, instead blurting out, "If I was gonna be replaced by her, I'd let her replace me over and over again~"

Amelia was just as much in awe of Batrach's new form as Icarus was, though the Skarmory had a vastly different mindset from hers. "Tat was awesome!" she chirped excitedly. "So what's it wike? Evolving, I mean?" she asked the Tranquill. Seeing so many evolutions today, she was starting to think about the idea of her own evolvution, and looking at Rukia and the change she would likely undergo if she did evolve she wondered just how it felt.

Hyrem, Vi, Sera, Silas, Charm, Gilan, Apollo, Peeves, Aquarius: As soon as Vi showed off her new form to Apollo he congratulated her and patted her on the shoulder, causing Vi to blush slightly; to hear such words from her stronger kin assured her of his respect and friendship. "Haha, thanks!" she said Mareepishly, this time without fear of a certain Bug-type making fun of her now that she was returned to her Pokeball. "I just hope I can be as strong as you too someday!" Aquarius also congratulated her and apologized for splashing her. "Nah, it wasn't your fault, it was Miss Roly-Poly that was getting on my nerves. She can't stand it when our human gives anyone but her any sort of attention, she's that jealous of me and so many others on the team. Then again, I don't mind being the center of things myself, haha~" Vi admitted.

Charm, as well as Peeves, similarly congratulated Hyrem on a second evolution in one day. "Haha, well, I guess I am pretty lucky with that happening!" he laughed in reply. "It's not the first time that happened either: I took a trip through the Arcane Realm a few weeks ago, and both of my Ekans evolved into Arbok at the same time. We then did a double battle against Pike Queen Lucy's brother, Luke, and we would've won too if our battle wasn't interrupted... anyway, that's how I got this!" He then flashed the Silver Luck Symbol pinned on the strap of his knapsack that Lucy gave him just before he and Luke left the Forest of Adventure, Rengar's former territory. He purposely left out his battle with Rengar, mainly because that would bring back a few bad memories about the cunning Zangoose that neither Hyrem nor his older Pokemon had forgiven him for yet. Sera noticed the conflict inside her trainer but chose to keep her own feelings about the matter to herself instead of conveying them through her colors like she normally did. Meanwhile, Aquarius looked in awe at Sera's amazing ability to stop the fight the way she did. "Oh yes," the Kirlia nodded, "it did take quite a lot of training for me to reach my current level of power. I know many moves of a defensive nature, but I also have offensive powers I may use whenever necessary."

Then a familiar set of footsteps could be heard, and everyone turned to see Keith and Meowth riding atop Salazar as usual. Soon after Peeves and Keith greeted each other, Ruby pounced on her trainer and slobbered his face similar to how Laika or Benji would with Hyrem. After Keith got her off, he said hi to Hyrem before talking with Charm, but before Hyrem could answer back there was Ruby nuzzling his hand and nudging it towards her ears. "Oh, that's where you like it?" he said while using his fingers to massage Ruby right at the base of the ear, obviously where her sweet spot was. "Y'know, I had a Houndour just like you for a little bit, but I had to trade her to someone else. That's probably not who you're smelling though, right? I bet you're thinking of this one!" He took out a Moon Ball, letting Ruby sniff it if she wanted to before opening it. A male Houndour slightly bigger than she was soon emerged before sitting proudly beside Hyrem, looking at the younger puppy with an ever so slight interest. "Hello there," he said with a friendly growl. "You look recently hatched. The name's Silas, what's yours?" Hyrem looked back toward Keith who at the moment was rubbing Salazar's head while talking with Charm. Hyrem had interacted with Salazar once before, at Blaze's base. Now that Aisa was a Whirlipede, it was only a matter of time before she would evolve again, and he hadn't curbed her behavior yet. In his mind, time was running out before he would have a Pokemon big enough to do pretty much whatever she wanted with him. Not that he didn't already have Pokemon like that, but Aisa's behavioral quirks were on the borderline of "creepy stalker". Not to mention her jealousy in a 8 ft. tall body could easily cause things to go out of hand if she wasn't stopped soon. He considered letting Aisa out again so she could meet Salazar, but decided against it since she still needed to understand what a "timeout" meant.

Hannah, Dudley, Riff: The slowest pokeconversation in history continued as Dudley asked if it was okay for Hannah to swim with them. Riff's face remained blank as the question slowly processed through his brain...

"Okay!" he abruptly answers, before swimming off at a moderate pace, not even once thinking to look back to see if his fellow swimmers are keeping up, but a smile began to creep up on his face just from the thought of performing his favorite activity with others.

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach, Don, Rukia: Mia looked awe-inspired by the dazzling evolution of Batrach, the Tranquil humbly disregarding her last feat, saying it was nothing. "... I-it was very impressive... I don't think I ever fought to that degree before," Rukia chimed in, feeling obliged to compliment the Tranquil, and telling her it was no small feat.

Meanwhile, Hedwig was speaking to Don about his worries, and the Murkrow took a moment to mull it through before speaking, "Perhaps your trainer will make use of both of you. Judging by your wings, you definitely seem to be the faster flier, which would be useful if your trainer needed to go somewhere far in a fast, er... manner," he says, trying to find the right English word at the end, he then continues, "With this... Batrach, he could make use of her agility, and fly around obstacles... or worse." The Murkrow often adviced his own trainer, making it feel rather natural for him to use his logic to help others, with his signature tint of disrespect of course.

Icarus, meanwhile, was already swooning over the newly evolved Batrach- helplessly blurting out his thoughts for Hedwig and Don to hear. The Murkrow just shook his head disapprovingly. "Romance is dead," he spits, continuing his flight without looking back.

Hyrem, Vi, Sera, Silas, Charm, Gilan, Apollo, Peeves, Aquarius: Hyrem briefly speaks about his adventure at the Arcane Realm, and how both of his Ekans evolved at the same time in a battle against Pike Queen Lucy's brother. The story sounded quite exciting to Charm, as Hyren then took out his Silver Luck Symbol to show it. "Wow, that's awesome. I've heard lots of great things about Pike Queen Lucy back in Hoenn, and I'm sure her brother was a challenging trainer too!"

Afterwards, Keith talked about all of the talking Pokemon he had. There was a Shuppet, a Banette, and even a Chatot that regularly bothered Meowth. He also mentions a Haunter, a Swoobat, and a Numel. The talking Numel ringed an alarm in Charm's head, "Ohhh, so that's where that Numel went. Hehe, I wasn't quite sure who I traded him to. My Murkrow, Don, immediately disliked the Numel once I hatched him. Something about how the underground of the Italian and French just don't mix... so I was in a hurry to trade him away before any conflict arose."

The trainer paused before speaking again, "As for my Pokemon, I have a strong passion for Fire-type Pokemon. I just recently hatched a Shiny Numel, but this one doesn't talk. I also have a Ponyta, who I plan on riding for an upcoming derby. We've been training really hard for it, and I'm feeling pretty confident about us. I also have a Houndour and Growlithe, who constantly fight for my attention, similarly to Hyrem's Aisa. My Vulpix is rather lax, but a talented Fire Pokemon nonethless, and I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to my baby Litwick- that little rascal is always pulling pranks or running off, or both. There's also a Magmortar on my team, but he's... dangerous, to say the least..." Past experiences with the Magmortar began to swim through Charm's head as he gradually felt disheartened, a sudden pat on the back bringing him back to reality as he looks to see Apollo behind him trying to comfort. The Combusken always knew how his trainer was feeling, even from afar, the years that solidified their bond proving evident. "Well, yeah, those are all my Fire-type Pokemon. What kind of Poison-type Pokemon do you have, Keith?
    Last edited by Charminions; 14th June 2014 at 9:58 PM.

Hannah, Dudley, Riff: Riff's face remained blank as he slowly processed the question. And then, he happily agreed to let Hannah swim with them, before starting to swim off himself. He didn't look back to see if the others were following him, but this was not necessary, for Hannah was keeping up with the Corphish quite well. Even Dudley, despite what his species name might imply, wasn't too far behind. A common misconception was that Slowpoke were slow to move, when in reality, they were slow to react. Once they react to something, they can really move. Of course, Dudley wasn't thinking about this. He was, however, thinking about something that had him confused. "...Dudley thought saw Horsea..." the Slowpoke murmured to himself. After a moment, however, he shook the distracting thought out of his head, focusing more on swimming with his friends.

Unknown to any of them, however, a certain Blue-Striped Basculin was watching them from a distance. A great distance, for fear of further interference from Hebenon, but once the trio were sufficiently far away from one of Pisces's most powerful teammates, the Basculin intended to try again. Deterring her from her meals was no easy feat, after all! Of course, Hannah would have to be spared- trying to eat Hebenon's little sister? She might as well go for Delilah again for all the good that'd do her. The Corphish, however, she rather enjoyed the first bite she had gotten, and was quite eager for another bite. And as for Dudley? Ever since that incident in the Secret Base's aquarium, Pisces wanted nothing more than to eat that Shiny Slowpoke herself, prove once and for all that she was higher up on the food chain than him! But not yet, she had to keep reminding herself. She had to wait. Wait until they were too far away for Hebenon or Delilah to come to the rescue. Even if the two were a bit... preoccupied at the moment, Pisces wanted to take no chances.

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach, Don, Rukia: Meanwhile, up in the air, Batrach's evolution into Tranquill was turning a few heads. Amelia, the Taillow, was in awe at her new friend's evolution; Rukia, the oddly-colored Swellow, was more impressed with Batrach's battle prowess; and Icarus, the Skarmory, he too was *ahem* noticing Batrach. Though Hedwig and Don could overhear the Skarmory's almost certainly unwittingly blurted out words, the Tranquill was too occupied with talking to the Taillow and Swellow to hear that.

"You're too kind, both of you," Batrach said modestly, in response to Amelia and Rukia's kind words. "And to answer your question, Mia, evolving is pretty cool!" she added. "It's hard to describe, really, but it definitely feels good! I feel different than I did when I was a Pidove, but in a good way- I feel like I'm stronger, faster, even a little smarter."

Over with the other Flying-types, Hedwig listened as Don suggested that it was possible that Keith would use both her and Batrach, Hedwig for when speed was necessary, and Batrach for maneuvering around obstacles or the like. "I suppose it's a possibility," sighed the Crobat. "I am pretty much the fastest Pokémon on the team." She said no more on the subject, thinking things over (though she was only too glad to roll her eyes and shoot Icarus a look at his near-involuntary words). As she flew with the rest of them, she decided she'd try to keep her jealousy to herself. After all, as Keith would remind her whenever she started to get jealous, the Crobat and her Trainer had been through a lot together, including both of her evolutions, which is more than can be said for either of her previous Trainers.

Keith, Meowth, Salazar, Ariana, Ruby, Hyrem, Vi, Sera, Silas, Charm, Gilan, Apollo, Peeves, Aquarius: And down on the ground, Aquarius had apologized to Vi for splashing her, but the Combusken was in a much better mood now that the Whirlipede was back in her Poké Ball, and reassured the Tentacool that it wasn't her fault- Aisa had been getting on her nerves. Apparently, the Whirlipede couldn't stand it whenever Hyrem paid attention to any of his other Pokémon. "Oh, OK," nodded Aquarius. "I'm sure glad Keith doesn't have any Pokémon that behave like that," she added. "I mean, his Trubbish always wants to be near him, but she's OK with him paying attention to the rest of the team." Then, Sera responded to Aquarius, confirming that she had undergone lots of training to get as powerful as she was. The Tentacool listened to the Kirlia intently, but tilted her head slightly. "If you don't mind my asking," she said once Sera had finished speaking, "You seem to me like you're powerful enough to evolve into a Gardevoir whenever you want. Is there any reason you haven't yet?"

As Keith mentioned all the Pokémon he had that could talk, Charm spoke up at the mention of the Numel, revealing that he had been Vinny's original Trainer. "Ah, it was you, then?" Keith said. "Well, in case you're wondering, he's doing pretty good. He gets along with most of the team."

"I ain't sure I trust him much, though," Meowth chimed in.

"I got no problem with him," added Peeves.

Charm then started talking about his Fire-types, including a Shiny Numel, a Ponyta he was planning to ride in the upcoming Fizzytopia Derby (Salazar's eyes narrowed at the mention of this- both he and Vernon took it somewhat personally when Keith had learned that only Pokémon in the Ponyta and Blitzle families would be eligible for riding), a Houndour and Growlithe who seemed to constantly be at odds with each other, a lax yet talented Vulpix, and a rather dangerous Magmortar. "Would that happen to be the same Magmortar Levin was trading away?" Keith asked. "Vinny wanted me to try and get in on the bidding for him, but was never too clear with me as to why he wanted that Magmortar as a teammate." Then, after Charm was comforted by his Combusken, he asked Keith about his Poison-types.

"Oh, here he goes," groaned Meowth as Keith's eyes lit up.

"Well, you've met Hedwig, Salazar, and Aquarius," Keith began. "There's Gemini, my Weezing, the very first Pokémon I ever got. He was a baby Koffing when I first found him in the Fiery Path back in Hoenn, getting beaten up by a pair of Machop. I got him out of there, rushed him to the Pokémon Center, and the nurse wanted me to keep him with me for a week to help him recover, but when it came time to let him go back into the wild, he didn't want to leave, and I didn't want him to. There's James, my Vileplume- he's kinda laid back, and a real glutton, but when I need him to get serious, he can get serious. And there's Nagini, my Arbok. Pretty much everyone else on the team looks up to her, she's kinda like a mother to everyone on the team. She's actually really gentle and kind, but I've seen her get mad, and trust me, it's nothing you want to find yourself up against. And then I got a pair of Qwilfish, Hebenon and Hannah- they're actually brother and sister. Hebenon's the older of the two, and one of my strongest Pokémon. You won't believe half the attacks he can use until you actually see him in action," he grinned. "And there's Lily, my Venomoth. She and James are actually in love, and they've even adopted my Foongus as their son. As a Venonat, she was really hyper, but she's toned it down a lot in recent years. Let's see... there's Malfoy, my Toxicroak. He's a bit on the weird side, but he's really all right. He has a habit of somehow sneaking up behind others before saying hi to them, you almost never notice him until he's right behind you and says something. In fact, if I didn't know for a fact that he was at this moment in his Poké Ball and in my PC, I would swear he'd be right behind me right now. There's Goyle, my Victreebel, and Marvolo, my Seviper. Got them both at the same time from the same Trainer. They even hatched a month apart from each other, they're practically brothers. Goyle likes to chomp on my head as a show of affection whenever I send him out, and Marvolo... Well, I'm glad he doesn't do that. Probably would be a lot more dangerous coming from a Seviper," he chuckled. "Marvolo's kinda irritable. He also has no problem hunting down other Trainers' Pokémon, but thankfully, he listens to me, so he's never actually eaten someone else's Pokémon... that I know of," he added darkly. "Anyway, I also have a pair of Ivysaur. Pomona, the female, she's pretty much the nicest, sweetest Ivysaur you'll ever meet. Dennis, the male, he looks up to Pomona like an older sister, though he's a lot more eager to battle. I mean, Pomona likes battling, but Dennis just likes it more. Also, Pomona actually doesn't want to evolve into Venusaur, whereas Dennis can't wait. And there's Crabbe, my Gulpin. He will eat anything, and I do mean anything. I've served him huge concrete blocks with ranch dressing. One time, he belched, I thought for a second he had learned Rock Blast. There's Scorpius, my Skorupi- you mention that there's a strong Pokémon nearby anywhere near him, he'll be off challenging it to a battle. I've had to stop him several times from challenging my friend's Dragonite. He has been getting stronger lately, though... maybe he'll evolve soon," he added hopefully. "Anyway, there's Strychnine, my Muk. I caught her in the Cascadia Archipelago, on Venom Island, as a Grimer. Once you get past the stench, she's really quite friendly. The same goes for Bellatrix, my Skuntank, actually. Bellatrix and Malfoy, they're actually together, too," he added. "Though they haven't adopted any of my Pokémon as their child yet. They did take care of an Egg I picked up once, but that wouldn't have worked out- it hatched into a Swinub, and that kind of sensitive nose, the poor thing wouldn't have done well at all on my team. Then there's Aragog, my Ariados. He was raised by a Trainer by the name of Rayzen, so he's still trying to adjust to my training style. He's a little awkward in social situations- you want to se him in his element, either watch him in battle, or watch him hunt at night. There's Severus, my Dustox, he's always there when I need him. He's got a thing for Lily, so he and James didn't get along at first, but they've managed to patch things up in recent years. There's my Weedle, Hermione, she's really something else. Probably the smartest Pokémon on my team. And she also wants to prove that she can be just as useful in battle as any Beedrill, so she refuses to evolve. Naturally, teaching her more attacks is kinda challenging, but she really has a good variety of moves now! There's Six, the Foongus I mentioned earlier. I named him Six because not only did he hatch on November 6th, 2012, but I checked the records out of curiosity, and he happened to have hatched exactly six months after my previous Egg."

"That Egg having been mine," Peeves chimed in.

"And there's Cyanide- technically, she's not a Poison-type, she's my Umbreon," Keith continued, "but she's definitely a Poison-type in spirit. She's... not easy to get along with, though I've never had a problem getting along with her. She came from this huge litter of Eevee, she's got brothers and sisters all over the region, and doesn't really get along too well with any of them- least of all Hyrem's Espeon, from what I hear. There's Chuck, the Haunter I mentioned earlier. He's spent years in the spirit world between his death and his hatching as a Gastly, so he knows things. Things a lot of people and Pokémon generally don't know about, like the Bulbasaur evolution festival. I'm thinking of evolving him into Gengar at some point soon, actually. And there's Melittin, my Beedrill, he's another one that loves to battle. All he's wanted ever since he was born was for his opponents to take him seriously, to recognize his power. And believe me, he's got power. He nearly took down a freaking Steelix once! Granted, he lost, but it was a hell of a lot closer than you'd think. And there's Godric, my Nidoking- he's got a thirst for adventure to rival my own! He's a cool Pokémon, he gets along really well with most of the team. Not so much with my Carnivine, but he's not alone in that. And then there's this one, my most recent Pokémon," Keith finished as he took the Premier Ball off his belt and enlarged it. "Probably the one Pokémon I've wanted the most for years, and only recently did I actually manage to get one. Come on out, Ariana!" Keith exclaimed, throwing the ball into the air.

In a flash of light, the Premier Ball split open, and a Trubbish materialized in Keith's arms, looking curiously at Charm and Hyrem with those wide eyes of hers. "Trub?" she said shyly.

"Ariana, this is Charm, and this is Hyrem," Keith said to the Trubbish. "Charm, Hyrem, this is Ariana, my Trubbish."

Before this, however, Hyrem had taken out a Moon Ball, asking Ruby if it was what she was smelling. The young Houndour sniffed curiously at the Moon Ball for a moment, and then, upon realizing that the source of the scent she had picked up was indeed within, gave a few affirmative yaps. Hyrem opened up the ball, calling out Silas, his own Houndour. Slightly larger than Ruby, and a little older than her (though not by much more than a week, if that), Silas sat on the ground beside Hyrem and introduced himself to Ruby. "Hi! Hi, Silas!" Ruby replied, excited to be meeting another of her own kind. "My name's Ruby! Hey, hey, wanna play tag?" she added, her tail starting to wag.

Chromium, Hermione: Elsewhere, the makeshift easel was lying on the ground, beside a small stack of paintings depicting various subject matter. The artist responsible for these paintings was not, at this moment, working on another painting. Instead, she was standing in a nearby clearing, facing off against Hermione, the Weedle who had been assisting her with her artwork.

"I'm not sure I see the point in training myself for battle at this time," stated Chromium, the Smeargle. "All I can use is Firestream, I've yet to use Sketch to copy any other attacks."

"Exactly," nodded the Weedle. "And in order to use Sketch to copy attacks, you have to battle something that knows an attack you want to learn, so it might be a good idea to learn to work with just that one move."

"...True," conceded Chromium. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make sure I'm ready. Still, though, are you sure you want to do this? Fire moves won't exactly be a walk in the park for you..."

"I'm sure," nodded Hermione. "I have a couple of ideas for dealing with Fire moves that I want to try out, see if they work. Ready?"

"Ready when you are," nodded Chromium.

And with that, the battle began! The Smeargle made the first move, unleashing a Firestream attack from her mouth. Hermione was all set to go, however, and unleashed her own Firestream. The two attacks collided in the center of the makeshift battlefield, each cancelling the other out. As they stopped their attacks, Hermione fired off an electrified web from her horn, but Chromium incinerated the Electroweb with another Firestream. As she was doing this, however, she felt thin, sticky strings binding themselves around her hind legs- the Electroweb was but a diversion! Hermione only did that so Chromium wouldn't be able to see the String Shot coming, nor counter it. As the Smeargle struggled to keep her balance, Hermione followed this up by using Poison Sting. Chromium winced as the poison needles rained down on her, but thankfully, they didn't poison her. With a little effort, she was able to break the strings binding her legs together, and fired another Firestream at Hermione. This time, the resourceful Weedle fired off a heart-shaped chunk of chocolate. As the seemingly innocent projectile made contact with the molten bubbles, however, the Chocolate Bomb exploded! Chromium exclaimed in surprise as she was struck with bits of chocolate shrapnel, but quickly let fly another Firestream. Hermione hadn't expected Chromium to recover that quickly, and thus was unprepared for the attack. Or so she thought- without conscious thought, a Defensive Shield was erected around her, fending off the Firestream at the last second. Realizing quickly what happened, Hermione saw a chance to strike back, and so she blew a cloud of fine ice particles from her mouth. However, the Brain Freeze attack didn't go very far, for Chromium let fly another Firestream, blasting right through the Ice move, and hitting Hermione dead-on. As the attack cleared up, Hermione was still standing, but it was clear that the move had taken quite a toll on her.

"Not bad," Hermione smiled. "I think you'll do just fine when it comes time for you to Sketch your first move."

"You weren't too bad yourself," the Smeargle replied. "I admit I thought this would be a much easier fight than it actually was."

And they continued to talk, going on about battle strategies, as well as the various attacks Chromium was hoping to Sketch.

Helena, Joy, Millicent/Willow: Elsewhere in the park, a Shuppet and Audino had just finished their lunch, when they spotted a Timburr coming their way. However, the Timburr didn't seem to notice them just yet, seemingly more engrossed in... talking to the piece of lumber slung over her shoulder?

"Oh! Hi, Millicent!" called Helena. "Hi, Willow!"

Upon hearing the Shuppet, the Timburr turned and looked. "Oh! Hey there, Helena, Joy!" Millicent replied as she walked over to them, with Willow still slung over her shoulder. "What are you two up to?"

"We just finished lunch," answered the Audino, "and we were about to do a little more training!"

"Training, hmm?" grinned Millicent. "Well, how about you start by battling me? Willow and I haven't had a good battle in a while!" At that point, she paused and put her ear to the piece of lumber. After a few seconds, she nodded and pulled her ear away from it. "Yeah, Willow's ready to go, too," she added.

"I'm not sure..." murmured Helena. "You do have the type advantage, and I'm not sure Joy's worked her way up to being quite ready for that yet..."

"But there's only one way to find out, right?" asked the Audino. She sounded excited at the prospect of battling the Timburr.

Helena couldn't help but grin at this. "Well, it's not like I can say no to that sort of enthusiasm," she admitted. "Alright, let's do this!"

Almost immediately, the combatants made ready for battle, setting enough space between them for the battle to be carried out.

"OK, Joy, use Chocolate Bomb!" ordered Helena.

The battle began! Joy formed a heart-shaped chunk of chocolate between her hands, and launched it at Millicent. The Timburr responded to this by wielding Willow like a baseball bat and swatting the projectile right back at Joy. The Audino jumped out of the way, narrowly avoiding being hit by her own attack, but as the edible explosive hit the ground, it exploded, and the Audino could not avoid the blast. Luckily, she didn't seem to be hurt too badly, and was back on her feet almost immediately.

"Now use Pound!" Helena commanded.

This time, Joy charged at Millicent, but the Timburr was ready with her own Pound attack, striking Joy with Willow. Then, the Timburr closed her eyes and Focused her Energy, preparing for her next attack.

"Quick, Surf attack, let's go!" called the Shuppet.

The battle continued on like this for some time, with both Millicent and Joy proving to be very capable combatants.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Amelia, Icarus, Hedwig, Batrach, Don, Rukia: Don and Icarus weren't really being helpful in trying to convince Hedwig she didn't need to be jealous of Batrach; she was quelled enough to drop the subject, though Icarus could feel a slight chill down his spine from the glare she shot at him and was momentarily brought out of his trance. "Eep, d-did I say something wrong?" he chirped nervously to himself.

Amelia could hear how impressed Rukia also was at Batrach and how she never fought so intensely before. "I haven't fought wike that eithew," she added. "Most of the time I twy fighting someone, I end up awmost gettin' eaten. I'm just not stwong enough yet..." She failed to mention that she kept trying to pick fights with Amethyst, Leila, and Selina, the Pokemon most likely to eat her! She's always been a birdbrain like tha- OWOWOWOWOW! Okay, okay, birds' brains are smart, now please stop Pecking me, Mia! Owwww, anyway, Batrach then told Amelia how evolving certainly felt good, though she couldn't really think of any detailed way to describe it other than her feeling stronger, faster, and smarter now that the evolution was complete. This answer didn't completely satisfy Mia, but it was the best answer she was going to get. "I... guess I need ta evolve if I wanna know what it's wike, huh- AH!" Mia was interrupted by a wind current strong enough to blow her off to the side but not faze anyone else simply because she was so small. "Aw man!" she complained. The gust of wind was gone, but now she had to get herself caught up with the rest of the group, and it wasn't easy seeing as she didn't have a good way of doing so. Yes, she knew Tailwind, but that would boost everyone's speed, not just hers. All she could do was flap her wings and hope she could make herself faster somehow, but she wasn't getting herself any closer.

Icarus looked behind him and saw Mia lagging and trying her best to catch up. He was tempted to back up and help out, but this was harking back to something he had been teaching his "baby sister" lately: the basics of flying. Come on, Mia, he thought to himself, remember what I taught you: don't fight the currents, use them! Back to Amelia, her struggle against the current was proving to be a major issue for her. I can't go any faster! she thought to herself. Wait, big brother's always telling me to use the currents... but how can I do that? She then realized that in order to use a current, and the most advantageous one at that, she had to find it first, and that required focus, something she never really had up to this point. She closed her eyes, they weren't going to be much use now; she had to use her whole body to sense the current. Now she could feel even the tiniest shifts of wind in her feathers, as well as other currents of varying sizes and strengths. Not that one... wait for it... I think it's coming... there! All of a sudden, she veered off to the right and found the breeze she wanted before she began to ride it. Good job, Mia, that's the one! Icarus thought excitedly then dropped his jaw slightly as he saw the Taillow gain an instant burst of speed. Faster, faster! I'm almost there! her mind raced with her own excitement as she Attacked the current to escape it and Quickly make her way back to Rukia and Batrach. "That was... Quick Attack!" Icarus blurted out loud. He had never seen Amelia use that move before, she must have learned it just now! While certainly not as momentous an occasion as evolution is, learning a new attack was still certainly noteworthy. "Way to go, Mia!" the Skarmory cawed loudly so she could hear him. "I did it! Did you see that? I can do Quick Attack now!" she chirped triumphantly. She'd show off her new move to Hyrem later, but for now she was able to catch up to her new friends again, as well as give them something new to talk about.

Hyrem, Vi, Sera, Silas, Charm, Gilan, Apollo, Keith, Salazar, Meowth, Ruby, Peeves, Aquarius, Ariana: Once Hyrem showed Charm his Luck Symbol, Charm told him what he heard about the Frontier Brain's power and that her brother was probably a challenge too. "He totally was!" he confirmed. "It was a Double Battle against a Serperior and an Onix, and we ended up trading KOs, Serperior for my male Arbok, Seshiro! Even with Shisato pulling ahead of Onix, it was still very close! And then Lucy... ah, Lucy~ She's even more my idol now that I've met her personally and earned her respect!"

Then Keith brought out a Trubbish named Ariana, a Pokemon that Hyrem hadn't even seen before but was talked about a lot by the older trainer; it was good to know he finally got his hands on one! Sure the Poison-type had a slight stench to her, but even Hyrem had to admit she was pretty cute. "Hi Ariana!" he greeted with a little smirk. "Nice to meet ya!"

Vi was surprised to hear from Aquarius that there weren't any Pokemon really seeking to hog all the attention from their trainer like Aisa does, that the Trubbish on their team was the closest thing to that, and even she was fine with Keith ignoring her for a bit. "Wow, I thought every team had a Pokemon like Aisa. I mean, ghost lady has a Banette that gets everybody's attention with what she does, and then there's... ulp, C-C-Chris..." Vi, of course, was referring to Orchrist, Balmund's Seviper, who was on a completely different tier of terror than Amethyst was. Amethyst was obviously the more immediate threat to her health since they were on the same team, but at least she had no true intention to eat her (that Vi knew of). If Orchrist were given the chance, however, and was not on as tight of a leash by her trainer, she would likely hunt the Combusken down to the ends of the earth until she was in her belly. She doubted even Hyrem and Sera would be enough to stop Orchrist and could easily get themselves on the menu just for getting in her way!

Meanwhile, Sera was asked why she hadn't evolved into a Gardevoir yet. "I do not know," she replied somewhat sadly. "You are right, I have indeed exceeded the biological requirement necessary to evolve, but I believe something else may be needed. What that is, I have not figured out yet. However, one valuable lesson I have learned throughout my life is that there is a time and place for everything. If an evolution occurs within a Pokemon, it is for a purpose. There is also a reason for Pokemon not evolving during a certain time. I evolved fairly quickly from a Ralts and have not gone through my second evolution for a few years now. However, Carla, an Espeon with precognitive powers, has predicted that I will evolve, just not the time at which it happens. So I need not worry as much because I know it will happen eventually."

"It's nice to meet you," said Silas to Ruby when she introduced herself energetically. She then suggested a game of tag; he had played the game before, but there were other things on his mind at the moment. "Tag? Well, I just came out of my ball, and I'm just now seeing some new faces to me. Maybe after I meet them we can play, okay?" He hoped this wouldn't discourage the younger Houndour and that she would be willing to wait for him to meet everyone. In particular, he was interested in the gray Scolipede, the Absol, and the older Combusken Vi was with, all of whom looked very strong and either shared his type or was startling to look at.

Hannah, Dudley, Riff: "Riff like swim! Riff like swim!~" the Corphish sings to himself. His raspy-voiced song continues as his claws paddle the surface of the water, one after another. He finally takes a look back, seeing Hannah and Dudley keeping up pretty well.

Though his face remains unchanged, deep within he was feeling quite happy. Perhaps he should liven things up. He stops his paddling, swimming over next the Qwilfish and Shiny Slowpoke. "Riff likes waves!" he shouts, putting his claw under the surface of the water before swinging them up to the sky, as if he was summoning something. Before long, a decent-sized wave rises up underneath the three Pokemon, "Ride the wave! Ride the wave!" Riff cackles, consumed with joy as the wave carries him further down the lake before it harmlessly crashes back into the water. The Corphish adjusts himself a bit, before continuing to swim. Everything seemed peaceful for the simple Corphish as he swam with his new friends, though who knows what could happen to alter his state of bliss...

Amelia, Icarus, Hedwig, Batrach, Don, Rukia: Hedwig still seemed worried despite Don's efforts, though the Crobat chose to drop the subject.

Meanwhile, Batrach thanked Rukia and Mia for their kind words before trying to explain to Taillow what evolution felt like. The Tranquill described it as feeling stronger, and faster, and smarter, to which the Taillow didn't seem too satisfied with, realizing she would have to evolve to know what it's like. "D-don't worry, Mia. It is hard to d-describe, but you'll get to know the feeling eventually," Rukia chimes in, trying her hand at supporting someone. It is usually the Swellow that gets supported by the rest of the team, often so much so that she's borderline babied. It felt good being on the other end and having someone look up to her.

While she was lost in her thought, she looks back to see Mia suddenly behind the group by a good distance. "A-are you okay?" she chirps, though her voice wasn't very loud. She looks on curiously as the Taillow tries to catch up with the group, unsure of whether she should go help her or let her learn how to fly efficiently on her own. Mia continues to struggle for a bit, until she concentrates and closes her eyes until she finds a suitable current to carry her. Eventually finding it, the Taillow rides along with it like any true flier would, but she kept going at an alarming speed. Rukia's eyes widen as Mia flies back next to her and Batrach, witnessing the little Taillow use Quick Attack for the first time. "C-congrats, Mia!" she chirped. "Y-you just used Quick Attack! I don't r-remember learning that move until I was much older than you." The Swellow felt genuinely happy for the Taillow, now beginning to open up more as they continued flying.

Hyrem, Vi, Sera, Silas, Charm, Gilan, Apollo, Keith, Salazar, Meowth, Ruby, Peeves, Aquarius, Ariana: Keith mentioned that the talking Numel was doing pretty well, to which Charm smiles, "That's great. I've let a lot of Pokemon I've hatched go off to other trainers, so it's always nice to hear that they're doing well with them." The poison-type trainer then asks if the Magmortar was the one Levin traded away. "Yup. This Magmortar did once belong to Levin, but I was the one who originally hatched him before trading him away. Once I heard Levin was going to let a majority of his Pokemon go, I thought I should try my hand at training him again- though he's proven to be quite a challenge so far, to say the least..."

Keith then began to go on about his Poison-types, and boy there were a ton of them. He mentions his starter, a Weezing, a laid back Vileplume, a motherly Arbok, a duo of Qwilfish who are siblings, a Venomoth betrothed to the Vileplume, a Foongus who's the adoptive son of said couple, a weird Toxicroak, an affectionate Victreebel, a Seviper, a pair of Ivysaur, a hungry Gulpin, a Muk and Skunktank, an awkward Ariados, a Weedle, a Dustox who has a thing for the Venomoth, a battle-loving Beedrill, a Nidoking, and a knowledgeable Haunter. Finally, he sends out his recently obtained Trubbish, Ariana, that he treasures dearly.

"Very nice to meet you, Ariana!" Charm waves, doing his best to not show any hint of the scent the Trubbish was giving off.

Soon Hyrem also sends out his own Houndour for Ruby to play with, while Sera goes on about how she's biologically capable of evolving, but hasn't found the need to just yet. Apollo overhears and chimes in, "Yeah, Sera is absolutely right. I'm the same in that I evolved from a Torchic fairly quickly, but I've been a Combusken for a few years now, and I don't mind it. Though if the time calls for when I must evolve again, I will let it happen. All evolutions have a purpose, after all." He throws a few practice kicks and punches before turning to the younger Combusken. "So Vi, how about some sparring? We've been standing around for quite a bit and I wouldn't mind letting loose. A little round of sparring wouldn't hurt, eh?"

Hannah, Dudley, Riff, Pisces: As the trio of Water-types swam along, Riff decided to liven things up a bit, and used Surf to summon a wave beneath himself, Hannah, and Dudley. The female Qwilfish giggled happily as she rode the wave, and even Dudley seemed to pick up on what was going on relatively quickly. "Dudley like waves!" the Shiny Slowpoke chimed in. The three Water-types landed in the water, though not before Hannah had done a few flips in midair. Everything was going great.

However, that wave had carried the trio much farther away from Hebenon and Delilah... far enough for a certain aquatic predator to be satisfied with the distance. Stealthily, silently, Pisces swam in close, coming in behind the Corphish- she'd eat him first, because Dudley likely wouldn't react until he himself was in the process of being eaten, whereas the Corphish might interfere. Of course, there was always the danger of Hannah interfering, but that couldn't be helped- the Blue-Striped Basculin outright refused to eat Hannah, for fear of having to endure Hebenon's wrath.

And things might have gotten off to a smoother start, too, except Hannah picked an extremely timely moment to turn around, giving her an excellent view of the Basculin swimming up behind Riff, charging right at him, mouth open, sharp fangs bared. "Riff, look out!" exclaimed Hannah as she Tackled him out of the way, causing Pisces to clamp down on nothing but water.

"Damn it!" snapped Pisces. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to fight for my lunch for once, too." With that, she unleashed a jet of Scalding hot water from her mouth, intent on cooking her lobster dinner beforehand, but Hannah sprang into action, the female Qwilfish firing off an Ice Beam to counter the Water move. Once those attacks stopped, the Qwilfish then charged forward in an Aqua Jet, which the Basculin met with her Headbutt.

Dudley had turned around at the commotion, and watched the battle unfold for a minute, before he blinked. "Heeey," he said, his voice hinting at dim realization. "Violent lunch attack Hannah. Now Dudley attack violent lunch." With that, the Shiny Slowpoke opened his mouth and formed an Ice Beam inside before firing it at Pisces, freezing her right fin solid. Exclaiming in anger, Pisces smashed her frozen fin into Hannah, almost like a makeshift Ice Punch. Then, without any hesitation, Pisces used her Superpower attack, slamming her glowing tail fin into Hannah and sending her flying right at Dudley. As they collided, they were knocked back a bit- enough to give Pisces a decent head start on her lunch, she figured, so she swam right at Riff again, ready for another crunchy bite.

Amelia, Icarus, Hedwig, Batrach, Don, Rukia: Almost right after Batrach and Rukia tried their best to explain how evolution felt to Amelia, the wind picked up and blew the young Taillow off course. Hedwig observed this, but also saw that Icarus was watching the Taillow attempt to catch up, as though waiting for her to do something. Sure enough, the Taillow picked up on the changes in the air currents, and caught a current that blew her back to the flock. And what was more, Amelia even seemed to learn Quick Attack in the process! "Hey, that was awesome!" Batrach cawed happily, the Tranquill happy for her friend.

Further back, Hedwig watched all this unfold, and couldn't help but think about something. It was clear to her that Icarus had taught Amelia about using air currents to her advantage. Batrach had learned that from Luna. But anyway, Icarus obviously had no worries that Amelia might someday replace him- instead, he was teaching the Taillow what he knew, he was happy about it paying off for her. And besides that, there was all those times Keith reassured Hedwig that Batrach was not going to replace her. And Hedwig had gotten used to Luna, hadn't she? The Swoobat was like a little sister to her. She had carried Keith in the air quite comfortably on more than one occasion, and Keith still preferred Hedwig as a means of aerial transportation. Maybe... maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Batrach were to someday evolve into Unfezant, would it?

Wordlessly, Hedwig flew into a fast-moving air current that let her move nearly effortlessly over to where the Taillow, Swellow, and Tranquill were. "That Quick Attack was pretty good," Hedwig said to Amelia, the faintest of smiles on her face. Then, she looked at her recently evolved teammate. "Hey, Batrach," the Crobat added. "You're gonna learn Sky Attack someday, right?"

"Sure am," the Tranquill replied. "Why do you ask, Hedwig?"

"I was just thinking, maybe I could demonstrate the move for you later on," offered Hedwig. "Show you how it's done, you know?"

"Hey, yeah, I'd love that!"replied Batrach. "Right now, though, wanna hang out with us? Oh, yeah-" she said, turning to the Taillow and Swellow. "It's OK with you guys if Hedwig flies with us, right?" she asked.

Hyrem, Charm, Gilan, Keith, Salazar, Meowth, Ariana, Chromium, Hermione: Back down on the ground, both Hyrem and Charm said hello to Ariana. In response to their friendly greetings, the young Trubbish gave a small smile and waved shyly at the two Trainers. "Isn't she cute?" grinned Keith. "I've wanted one of these for so long, you have no idea." He then placed the Trubbish on the ground. "OK, Ariana," he said gently, "how about you go and say hi to Hyrem and Charm's Pokémon over there, hmm? Ruby, Peeves, and Aquarius are over with them, too. I'll be right here, OK?"

"T-trub Trubbish," Ariana murmured in response. Though she was showing some reluctance to walk away from Keith, her shyness was lessened by the fact that there were indeed three of her teammates over with the unfamiliar Pokémon, all three of whom the Trubbish knew to be friendly, so she slowly walked over towards them.

"Ariana's a bit shy," Keith explained to Hyrem and Charm. "Trying to help her out with that, though I really don't mind giving her so much attention. Still, I'm hoping to at least help her not be so nervous about not being within three feet of me- oh, hey, here come two more of my Pokémon now," he added. Indeed, walking toward the group was a Smeargle, with a Weedle riding atop her beret-like head protrusion... thing. There an official name for that thing? Well, anyway, the Smeargle was carrying a bag that seemed to have been crafted out of leaves and String Shot, and was carrying a number of flat, rectangular things. "Charm, Hyrem, this is Chromium, my Smeargle, and Hermione, my Weedle," Keith said. "What you got there, Chromium? More paintings?"

"Smeargle eargle," nodded Chromium as she gently placed the bag on the ground and opened it up, revealing it to indeed be full of paintings, clearly of her own doing, the canvasses seeming to have been made from String Shot and big sticks. Keith took a couple of the paintings out and looked at them. One was a rather convincing portrayal of Hermione using Poison Sting, and Keith was impressed to see that actual needles from the Weedle's Poison Sting were attached to the canvas, as opposed to them being painted in. Another was a painting of a tree, using remarkably crafted pieces of actual leaves in place of the leaves being painted in.

"Hey, these are pretty good," grinned Keith. As he continued looking through them, the Weedle crawled down off of the Smeargle, across the grass, up Keith's side, and onto the shoulder that wasn't occupied by Meowth. Chromium, meanwhile, was looking rather pleased with herself. Once Keith had stood up, he turned to the Weedle on his shoulder. "I'm guessing you helped out some, huh, Hermione?" he added. "Chromium can't use String Shot, after all, and that's exactly what these canvasses seem to be made out of."

"Weedle Weedle," Hermione replied modestly, pointing her pitch-black tail stinger at the Smeargle, as though to say that Chromium deserved full credit for the paintings themselves.

Vi, Sera, Silas, Apollo, Ruby, Peeves, Aquarius, Ariana: Vi seemed a bit surprised that Keith's team didn't seem to have a counterpart to Aisa, mentioning a ghost lady with a Banette (though she mentioned neither of them by name, Aquarius had heard enough stories from her teammates to have a shrewd idea as to who the Combusken was talking about), and someone called Chris who apparently scared the crap out of Vi. "I've heard that name before- Orchrist, a Seviper, right?" asked Aquarius. "One of my teammates mentioned her- Nagini, she's an Arbok, probably the nicest Pokémon I know. One of the strongest, too. She told me she actually plans to have a battle against Orchrist. And I've seen how strong she is, too, so it should be an amazing battle."

Then, Sera sadly stated that she wasn't sure why she had yet to evolve. She confirmed that she did indeed meet the criteria from a biological standpoint, but she was of the belief that something else was necessary. "I think I see what you mean," Aquarius said. "I was talking with one of my teammates one time- Norbert, he's a Haxorus- and he told me about how he was training really hard for a battle against a Flygon that had beaten him- this was when he was an Axew. Anyway, he trained himself hard, and went past the point at which he'd have evolved, but he didn't evolve. Not until that battle. I wasn't there to see the battle, but Meowth was telling the whole team about it in great detail afterwards- apparently, the Flygon had gotten Norbert with a Hyper Beam, exactly what it did to win the first one, but this time, Norbert managed to get up, and from what he told me, as soon as it occurred to him just how badly he needed to win this battle, it just unlocked something within him, and he evolved into Fraxure, and then straight into Haxorus, all in a manner of seconds. See, the Flygon's Trainer is this rude guy Keith went to school with, and they kinda hate each other, and Norbert knew how much Keith didn't want to lose to him again, and this battle was also happening after Keith had to trade away a few of his Pokémon. Anyway, it's good that Carla's confirmed that you'll evolve," smiled Aquarius.

At Ruby's excited suggestion of playing tag, Silas explained that he wanted to meet some of the other Pokémon nearby first. "That's fine," Ruby said, not sounding too disappointed. "Hey! I can introduce you, some of them are on my team, like the grey Scolipede, and the Tentacool- oh, and the Trubbish!" she added, having only just noticed Ariana shyly approaching the group.

Speaking of which, Ariana finally shyly shuffled over to where Aquarius was talking to Vi, Apollo, and Sera. "Um... Uh... H-h-hi," she said softly.

"Hi, Ariana!" Aquarius greeted her in a friendly manner. "This is Vi, this is Apollo, and this is Sera. Vi, Apollo, Sera, this is Ariana, one of my teammates," said the Tentacool.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 19th June 2014 at 11:43 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Hannah, Dudley, Riff, Pisces: "Riff, look out!" is all the Corphish could hear when he was suddenly Tackled to the side by Hannah. "Huh," he simply mutters as he notices Hannah suddenly fighting with something. With a closer look he notices that something- Pisces the Basculin. Before he can put two and two together, a Scald blast comes towards him as an Ice Beam just as suddenly meets it. The two attacks cancel out as Hannah lunges in with an Aqua Jet, meeting Pisces' Headbutt.

Riff was still wondering why such excitement was occurring, though he continued to watch as Dudley began to notice what's going on as well. Firing an Ice Beam, the shiny Slowpoke freezes the Basculin's right fin solid. This didn't seem to deter Pisces, however, as she slams the frozen fin into Hannah before transitioning into a Superpower- slamming the Qwilfish into Dudley, as the two get knocked back a good distance. With them out of the way, the Basculin closes in on her prey.

The Corphish looked on with worry at the sight of his new friends getting hurt, though it was him would be in danger soon enough. Looking back at Pisces, he sees her closing the distance between them at an alarming rate, causing the Corphish to panic. "What to do? What to do?" Riff mumbled profusely. Once again he was without his trainer in a dangerous predicament, no orders given out to guide him. He was own his own for this one, and he had to do something before- "OWWWWWWWWWWWWW," Riff screams, not realizing Pisces took a heavy bite on his arm as he was lost in his thought. This wasn't good. He was going to become lunch meat. All because he couldn't think fast enough to protect himself. Something had to be done.

Suddenly, the Ruffian Pokemon begins to calm himself- the pain numbing down as a feeling of elation overcomes him. As if someone in the sky answered in his prayer, he begins to glow in a blinding light. Without realizing it, he begins to grow larger, his claws lengthen, his feet widen, and the horns on his head disperse as a single golden star forms in their place. The glowing eventually stops, as a menacing looks on at the Basculin still latched onto his now-larger claw.

"Riff no lunch meat!" he bellows, a voice so deep that he almost scares himself with it. Instinctively, he Vicegrips Pisces with his other claw, latching on tightly as the sudden pain and pressure forces her to let go. Raising the Basculin up to his face, he looks at her dead in the eyes. "Riff no lunch meat!" he repeats, as if to confirm that he is to not be trifled with again, before tossing her back into the water.

"Do not come back," he barks, dipping his claws into the water as they glow a blue hue before raising them high up in the summoning of a Surf. This wave was much larger than the one he previously used, however, as Riff surprises even himself at the sudden power surge he obtained. The wave carries over to the Basculin, scooping her up as she is sent off in the distance along with the wave.

"We safe now," he eases, the dark markings around his eyes looking far less frightening than they did a moment ago. Turning back to Hannah and Dudley, he smiles lightheartedly, "We swim?"

Hannah, Dudley, Riff, Pisces: As Riff started to panic, the Blue-Striped Basculin chomped down on the Corphish's arm. Riff screamed in pain as Pisces tried to bite through the tough shell. It was hard work, yes, but in Pisces's opinion, this was just her earning her meal. And the thought of the additional crunch the shell would bring to her meal made Pisces even hungrier.

At that moment, Riff went calm and still. Pisces didn't think much of this, figuring the less he struggled, the easier of a time she'd have. As far as she was concerned, why look a gift Ponyta in the mouth? However, when Riff started to glow, that got Pisces's attention. She recalled a similar story Fang had told her, how a Rattata he managed to bite down on evolved in his mouth, got free, and attacked him. While she couldn't help but think about the possibility of taking down bigger prey, a small part of her knew she was screwed.

Hannah was feeling differently about this development. "Whoa!" she exclaimed as she watched Riff evolve. Even Dudley was watching in awe, even though it hadn't fully sank in as to what exactly was going on here yet.

And then, the glow faded- Riff had evolved into a Crawdaunt! He bellowed in an alarming deep voice that he was not lunch meat. Before Pisces could react, the Crawdaunt used his other claw to execute an extremely effective Vice Grip on the Basculin. The pain from the attack forced Pisces to relinquish her grip on the Water/Dark-type, as the Basculin was made to look the imposing Crawdaunt in the face. Riff reiterated that he was not lunch meat, before throwing Pisces back into the water. At that point, he told her to not come back. By then, Pisces had all the motivation she needed to haul tail fin as far away from there as possible- she was hungry, not stupid, and knew full well that Riff outmatched her thoroughly. Before she could even start to swim away, however, a huge wave, courtesy of Riff's Surf, sent her far away from the group.

"Wow, Riff, that was awesome!" Hannah smiled. "Congratulations!"

Dudley, meanwhile, was still looking at Riff, head now tilted to one side. "Riff... Riff look... Riff look... different..." he was saying, having only just realized this fact, and was now trying to process what it meant.

"Dudley- Riff evolved!" said Hannah. "He's a Crawdaunt now."

The Shiny Slowpoke blinked. "... Evolved?" he repeated. He swam off to the side and looked at Riff's tail fin, which seemed to confuse him more. "Where Shellder?" he asked.

Hannah giggled. "No, no, that's not how it works, Dudley. It only works with Slowpoke," she explained.

Dudley looked back up at Riff's face. "...Riff evolved," he said, now smiling. "Dudley happy for Riff."

At that moment, Riff asked if they could continue swimming. "Let's go!" smiled Hannah.

"Dudley swim!" Dudley chimed in, as they all continued to swim.

Hyrem, Charm, Gilan, Keith, Salazar, Meowth, Ariana, Chromium, Hermione, Pisces: Meanwhile, back on land, the commotion in the lake did not go unnoticed. "What the-" Keith began as the distant sight of the Corphish evolving caught his eye. "That- whose Corphish is-" And then, once the evolution ceased, Keith took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the distant figure that was Riff.

"Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokémon, and the evolved form of Corphish," droned the device. "Crawdaunt has a violent nature and lives to challenge others to battle. Other Pokémon will refuse to live in ponds inhabited by wild Crawdaunt."

At that moment, however, a large wave came rising up out of the lake, and sent a large green and black fish flying right towards land. The Basculin landed at Keith's feet, flailing uselessly and angrily in place. Keith sighed. "I might have guessed," he said as he scooped Pisces up in his arms. "Pisces. Bit off a little more than you could chew, hmm?"

"Bas Basculin, bascu Basculin," Pisces was grumbling, still thrashing about, though her heart wasn't in it.

"She's goin' on about how she was screwed out of a meal," Meowth translated.

"And I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this has everything to do with the Corphish evolving?" Keith asked Pisces.

In response, Pisces closed her eyes. "Bascu..." she hissed.

"That's a yes," Keith nodded. "Well, normally, I'd take this moment to try and lecture you about going after other Trainer's Pokémon like that, but I get the feeling that Surf attack kinda beat me to the punch. At the very least, I doubt you'll be going after that Crawdaunt again. Now, how about a little rest in your Poké Ball, hmm?" he asked, not unkindly.

Pisces did not answer at first. Part of her wanted to jump right back in the lake and finish what she had started, but part of her was starting to realize that she was starting to gain some respect for Riff. And yet another part of her was furious at the fact that she was starting to respect someone who was friends with Dudley- Pisces still hated that Shiny Slowpoke, and vowed to eat him someday. At the moment, however, all those parts of her could agree on one thing- after what she had just gone through with Riff, a little rest in her Poké Ball was sounding pretty good right now. She gave a small nod to Keith, and the Poison-type Trainer returned the Blue-Striped Basculin to her Poké Ball.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Remilia and her Coven enter the Park! With one little hunter in tow!

"Are we going to the park!? Are we going to the park!?" Atalanta yipped excitedly as she ran around the bottom floor of the base. Blaze was away on official duties elsewhere. Times were tough and there had recently been issues with his place of employment, so he had to outsource himself and now has a job in some placed called Asbell. What that meant is that he was often away for a week or more at a time, and so when she did get to see him, it was often quite nice. There was more kissing than usual. Maybe even a few more love bites. She had been able to keep herself satisfied using blood bags, but when Blaze had taken the first of his work mandated trips, she came close to putting him in the hospital. So she drank a little bit more than she usually would so she would make sure that didn't happen again. Yeah, a little more. It wouldn't hurt. Besides, it wasn't like the blood tasted any good. Not like his. Not like his had gotten. Remilia began to drift off, dreaming of another session with Blaze (this was as far as they went, and although Remilia noted Blaze's impatience at times, she did things when she wanted to).

"Mama!? Are we going to the park!?" Atalanta yipped excitedly again, and pulling Remilia from her trance. She shook her head and wondered what had gotten over her (although Flandre knew very well what this was, but never told Remilia for her own reasons), and Remilia smiled down at the little Poochyena, who sat on the ground, tail wagging. "Yes Ata. We will be going to the park soon. Just wait one more minute." Atalanta jumped up into the air, landing on Remilia's legs. Remilia giggled happily, and soon Atalanta joined in as well. Atalanta had been an unexpected gift, she had expected sure as hell that it would hatch a Pawniard, not just any Pawniard but a Pawniard named Sakuya. Apparently as she became more and more human, her powers were drifting more and more off. 'This is bad. I expect that the only reason that Hades hasn't gone totally ballistic yet is because he's scared of me.' She pushed that thought out of her mind. This was HER day. She was going to reek havoc. Spill blood. Potentially gain a new maid. Just like the good old days. Except now she had her coven.

---

She walked into the park with Atalanta prancing behind her, Vesnic and Lestat on her shoulders, and Morganna strutting in front of her. Remilia loved Morganna, and although Morganna didn't know it, Remilia knew all about her obsession with being number one with her. And about her jealous cat fights with the other members of the coven. She had been friendly with Blaze but Blaze felt like she was pretty distant with her. Remilia guessed if it was up to Morganna, she'd kick Blaze off the bed and have Remilia use her as her pillow. It flattered her, and more importantly, it reminded her a bit of home. She was finally getting some power around here again. With the help of her new friends. "Remi-chan~~~ Are we going to play with all the other Pokemon today!?" Remilia heard that all so familiar voice. She looked up and saw her Zubat flying overhead. Well, her sister that was. "Flandre you attacked the Blood Goddess the last time I let you out." "Remi-channnnnnnnnnn. I promise I'll be better!" Remilia took her Pokeball out and recalled Flandre, before putting it in her bag.

"Such an unsightly sister. To think that such a person-" Morganna stopped as Remilia gave her a quick nudge with her shoe. "Don't ever talk about my sister like that again." There was no immediate threat, but Morganna immediately shrunk back and walked behind Remilia. She had come to know Remilia very closely over the last two weeks, and she could tell from the tone of her voice when she was being serious. Deadly serious. She figured that in time Remilia would forgive her, take her into her arms, and scratch that oh so special place behind her right ear that made her whole body hum. That would make her happier than anything else in the world. All she needed to do was to become Remilia's favorite and become the total object of her affection. Of course, that also means that she would have to remove anything else that might get in her way. Even Blaze. She figured she might have an idea of getting rid of him. If she could somehow...somehow become like Remilia is.

Well that would just be the best thing wouldn't it. Feeling a little better, Morganna walked in front and then Remilia stopped and sat down. Morganna looked at her with pleading eyes. Remilia gave her a harsh look before softening, beckoning Morganna to come sit with her. Morganna smiled brightly before sitting on her lap, breathing in the soft smell of her clothes and the blood that soaked them from eons past, and the deeper smell of her underneath. Morganna instantly relaxed, knowing all was well...

"Morganna, Morganna play with me please!" A voice rang next to her. She looked over and saw the oversized mutt, Ata whoo hah, in her face. "Bug off." She said before returning to her comfortable position. "Oh come on big sis." Morganna's ears perked up at this. "I'm not your big sis and never will be. Bug. Off." Atalanta sighs before bounding off. "Ata, make sure you stay close to me!" Remilia calls out, before suddenly Lestat flies off of her shoulder and tackles Atalanta to the ground. At first Remilia might have been worried, but she didn't mind now. Lestat was just trying to teach her. As well as he could anyways.

"You always have to be aware Atalanta. You never know when a stake might come through your chest at any moment." Lestat said seriously, but Atalanta began to giggle. "But I'm not a vampire! Besides, mama said that vampires hate fish more and that's why she won't let me eat any?" "Fish!?" Lestat said in surprise. "Yeah...something like...sardish heads?" Lestat thinks for a moment before nodding. "Sardine heads! I shall go on a quest to find all the sardine heads and destroy them!" With the Lestat glides off. Atalanta wanders off towards Remilia, snuggling by her hand.

"Mama, why does Lestat fly away all the time?" Remilia looked at her and genuinely wondered how to explain it to her. She was still young. She wouldn't under the lust of power and blind devotion. She might nod her head but she wouldn't get it. But...Remilia thought she could simplify that. "It's because Lestat likes mommy very much." Atalanta nuzzled a bit more. "Why is that?" Normally Remilia might have gotten a little ticked. But she actually wondered if Ata could have any insolence in her. "Because mommy is the greatest, and someday you will be too." Remilia laughed at this and Atalanta laughed with her.

Participants: Remilia, Atalanta, Morganna, Vesnic, Lestat

Hyrem, Charm, Gilan, Keith, Salazar, Meowth, Ariana, Chromium, Ruby, Silas, Hermione: Soon enough, a faint barking sound could be heard by the group near the lake. Keith and most of his Pokémon didn't react to it, though two of them did; Chromium, the Smeargle, rolled her eyes, but walked off towards the source of the barking nonetheless. Ruby, on the other hand, reacted in a much more enthusiastic manner. "Oh! Oh! That's Sirius, my Trainer's Mightyena!" she yapped enthusiastically by way of an explanation to Silas. "When he barks like that, me and Chromium, that Smeargle over there, we're both supposed to go and see him, usually because he's found something good to hunt! Chromium isn't as into hunting as I am, but he thinks she ought to learn anyway- oh, you should come with us and meet him!" she yapped excitedly, though she dashed off after Chromium before she got an answer, trusting that the male Houndour would have gotten her scent and would be able to follow her that way- oh, who was she kidding? This was eagerness and impatience, plain and simple. She did hope that Silas would follow her, though.

Remilia, Atalanta, Morganna, Vesnic, Lestat, Sirius, Ruby, Chromium, Helena, Joy: Elsewhere in the park, a formidable-looking canine stood, grey and black fur covering his entire body. Sirius was sniffing suspiciously at the air, seeming to be trying to work out just what to think about what he was sniffing at, whatever it was. At that moment, an excitable, hyperactive Houndour approached Sirius and started running circles around him. Not too much farther behind Ruby, a bored-looking Smeargle wandered onto the scene.

"Sirius! Hi! Hi!" yapped Ruby. "What is it? What'd ya find? What're we hunting?"

"Is our presence here really necessary?" Chromium added. "I could be working on my painting right now, and as I've told you before, hunting isn't my thing."

"Ruby, try and calm down a little, hmm?" the Mightyena whispered. "And relax, Chromium, this isn't about prey. Someone just entered the Park, and... well, I'm baffled, I'll be honest. I can sense something about her that makes me uneasy, but I can't place it. And at the same time, I can't shake the feeling that there's some sort of major redeeming quality about her. I want you two to come with me and investigate."

"Again, where exactly does my participation factor into this?" demanded Chromium.

Sirius sighed exasperatedly, and after a few seconds of thought, replied "If I need to kill someone, I'd kinda like to have a portrait of me standing triumphantly over the fallen enemy."

"See, if you want me to take part in these things, that's the sort of information you open with," the Smeargle said. "Lead the way, Sirius." The Mightyena rolled his eyes, and then stealthily wove between trees, with Ruby and Chromium following as quietly as they could.

In a few minutes' time, Sirius stopped, just as they were clear of the cluster of trees. "Right there," the Mightyena said, looking straight at a woman sitting on the ground, a small group of Pokémon gathered near her- a Shinx, a Gligar, the Paras Keith used to own, and last but not least, a Poochyena.

"She seems to like that Poochyena of hers'," observed Chromium. "Well, there's your major redeeming quality right there."

Sirius did not reply right away. He continued to look at this woman, frowning in concentration. "She's not human," he muttered. "In terms of species, she's a Woobat, I think, but definitely nothing like your average Woobat. No, there's even more to her than that... I just can't place it," he said in slight frustration. "And there's Kevin- she must be who Keith traded him to, so it can be inferred that Keith trusts her. She strikes me as someone to be wary of, and at the same time, I hesitate to classify her as a threat to Keith..."

"You're starting to sound like Ginny. You know that, don't you?" yawned Chromium.

"Hey, we could all learn something from Ginny," Sirius snapped. "Better safe than sorry. And face it, you're warming up to our Trainer, Chromium."

The Smeargle shrugged. "Eh. He's alright," she conceded. "Certainly has good taste, I'll give him that."

"And by that you mean you like him because he likes your paintings," said Sirius.

"Implying the two to be mutually exclusive?" retorted Chromium.

"OK, enough about that," replied Sirius. "Just... what do you two think? We need to keep an eye on her or what? Ruby, what do you think? Er, Ruby?"

"And she's off," sighed Chromium. Sirius looked, and sure enough, the friendly and playful Houndour was racing over to where the mysterious woman was.

"Damn it!" Sirius grunted. "I knew I should've called for Ginny instead. Or even Marvolo or someone. Come on, Chromium, I guess we're meeting this... whoever, whatever she is." With that, he ran after Ruby, who had already arrived and was energetically greeting Remilia and the Pokémon gathered around her, introducing herself as Ruby to any of them who would listen.

Meanwhile, the conversation between the doglike Pokémon had attracted the attention of a certain Shuppet and Audino, the Timburr they were training with having gone off by herself a while ago ("by herself" being a fairly relative term with Millicent, considering the ghost which haunted her log). As the trio of canines went off towards the group of newcomers, Helena and Joy followed them from a distance, wondering what was going on.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 2nd September 2014 at 4:20 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Remilia, Atalanta, Morganna, Vesnic, Lestat, Sirius, Ruby, Chromium, Helena, Joy:

Remilia watched the trio of Pokemon carefully as she saw them. She was a hunter herself at one point, and while she may have been out of practice for a few centuries, some of the instincts never went away. Like the one that made her fear Hades. It was more like an alarm clock than a warning bell from him. But the same instincts noted to her that she was being watched, and she stealthily kept hidden her real motives as she scanned the park, finding the three Pokemon watching her. They didn't seem to be a threat, so she was just content at the moment to be with her coven, and Atalanta. Atalanta continued to snuggle against her when Vesnic crawled by, looking at the ground intently. "Vesnic, what are you looking for?" Remilia asked. Vesnic looked up at her like he had just committed the greatest sin possible, and Remilia knew that the fright came from what she had done to its mushrooms. "I'm looking for some mushrooms. They say that this park has special mushrooms that only grow here." Remilia had never heard of such a thing, but a Paras might just have heard such a thing. Wouldn't that be interesting to find out? "What kind of mushrooms are they? I've certainly never heard of such a thing." Vesnic looked up at her, this time far more relaxed. "They are supposed to be a special kind of mushroom you give to someone you love. I don't know how they do it, but I've always heard they guarantee that the one you love will always be with you." Remilia blushed a bit, before smiling. "I don't think I'll need those Vesnic." Now the Paras looked truly scared. "I-It's..." Suddenly his eyes went blank, and one claw came up and knocked the translator away. "Listen missy, I know that Blaze is head over heels for you," the left mushroom, Marv, said. He still couldn't stop calling her missy, although sometimes a sharp glare would make him revert to Ma'am momentarily. At the moment, Remilia was too calm to try and chastise him. "But I think what you need is a little insurance. Things change! If this mushroom truly exists, you can have him forever!" Forever huh? Sorry Marv, but that's your job. She shook her head. "I'll let you find it, I won't stop you there, but I don't think I'll need it." Marv suddenly went away as the look in Paras's eyes became aware again, and it quickly put the translator back on. Not saying a word, Vesnic, the Paras who had once been named Kevin, went back to work sniffing along the ground, looking for the fabled mushroom.

Remilia had been distracted by this turn of events, so she didn't see the Houndour bounding off towards them until he had gotten about halfway to do them. She immediately tensed up, not wanting to be caught by surprise should it attack them, but it didn't seem to want to attack them. Still, no chances. "Ata, stay with me." The Poochyena quickly followed her instructions, hiding behind Remilia like a frightened child. What she didn't expect was for Morganna to immediately react. When the Houndour got near, the Shinx jumped up from her lap and landed in front of her. Her hair bristled as she uttered a deep, guttural growl. "Back away mutt! Don't think you can harm my master without getting through me first!" Remilia heard a rustle somewhere behind her, almost certainly in a tree, and that meant that Lestat was somewhere, ready to pounce. A quick look ahead showed the other two Pokemon coming closer, one of them being rather tall...and it looked suspiciously like Atalanta. ****! That's a Mightyena! Remilia panicked briefly before steeling herself. "Morganna that's enough! If there was a threat here I would have dealt with it myself!"

If Morganna was a person, she would have gone from the red of anger in to the stark white paleness of terror. She immediately backed down, hell, stepped away from the Houndour, who didn't seem at all fazed by her display. "I-i-i-i-i-it was nothing Remilia! I didn't think such-such a diminutive mutt could ever harm y-y-you!" Morganna backed away even more. Remilia ignored her protests. Instead, she smiled at the Houndour. "Hello, my name is Remilia. What is your name?" The Houndour barked at her, and she realized it didn't have a translator, of course. But Atalanta spoke up behind her. "Ruby. Her name is Ruby." Remilia looked behind her at Atalanta. "You can understand it?" She gave a small nod. "She's a dog, just like me! Right?" Remilia honestly didn't know. Were hyenas dogs? They certainly looked like them. Anyways, that wasn't important. "Go introduce yourself Ata. It seems to be friendly." Atalanta looked out from behind her, saw the rather fierce looking Houndour and the larger dog walking up behind her, and immediately hid behind Remilia. "Mama they look too scary." Remilia giggled for a bit before she patted Atalanta on the head. "Go on. You are a hunter, if you aren't brave now, how can you be brave when hunting down prey?" Atalanta pondered on this for a minute before bounding out from behind Remilia...and then tripping and rolling on the ground. Remilia smiled while Morganna gave a few snickers. Atalanta ended up landing on her head, with her hind paws in the air, right in front of Ruby. "Hi, my name's Atalanta!"

Suddenly, she was knocked over by the Shinx. "Hello, my name is Morganna." Atalanta got back up and shook herself off before looking behind Ruby, seeing the much large dog. The dog was at least twice her height, and she began to shrink back a bit, before planting her feet in the ground. Suddenly, a whooshing sound came out of nowhere as a Gligar suddenly descended in on the group, landing on top of Morganna. "GET OFF OF ME YOU OVER-SIZED BAT!" Morganna yelled as she shook the Gligar off of her. The Gligar effortlessly jumped off of her, before taking a wing and putting it in front of him, like a cloak. "Velcome! My name is Lestat, loyal servant of Remilia, and one of Remilia's Coven. Morganna and Vesnic are also part of it." Vesnic was...somewhere...surely he would be back soon. Remilia watched the three of them and rolled her eyes, before standing up and walking over to them. "Name's Remilia. I would be pleased to know your names."

Remilia, Atalanta, Morganna, Vesnic, Lestat, Sirius, Ruby, Chromium, Helena, Joy: The woman tensed up as she noticed Ruby bounding towards her and the Pokémon gathered around her. The Poochyena cowered behind her, but the Shinx was another story. The Electric-type jumped up and landed in front of Ruby, growling threateningly, and making it clear that anyone who wanted to harm her master would have to go through her first. Ruby tilted her head. "Huh? But I don't wanna harm anyone," she whined, sounding a bit confused.

Before the Shinx could respond, however, the woman called her off. The Shinx, apparently named Morganna, backed off immediately, apparently terrified of upsetting the woman. The woman, however, didn't seem too upset with Morganna. She smiled at Ruby and introduced herself as Remilia. "Hi!" Ruby barked enthusiastically. "My name's Ruby, it's really nice to meet you!" However, Remilia didn't seem to understand what Ruby was saying, and needed the Poochyena to translate, by way of a translation device hung around her neck. Sirius took note of this, and was confused- was she not a Woobat? A Pokémon herself? While it was true that Houndour were capable of communicating with their own kind by way of special barks that only a Houndour or Houndoom could understand (Meowth would frequently complain that Ruby would sometimes lapse into this kind of barking while talking to him just to annoy him), but Ruby wasn't barking like that this time- the Mightyena and Smeargle could understand Ruby perfectly.

Remilia encouraged the Poochyena to introduce herself, and though she seemed a bit intimidated at the idea of introducing herself to the scary-looking dogs, Remilia reminded her that she was a hunter. This seemed to give the Poochyena courage, and though she stumbled and tripped, landing almost upside down at Ruby's feet, she introduced herself as Atalanta. Ruby was about to respond, when Morganna, the Shinx from before, knocked her out of the way and introduced herself. And then, before Ruby could respond to Morganna's introduction, a Gligar swooped down and introduced himself as Lestat, holding one of his wings in front of him like a movie vampire would do with his cape. He explained that himself, Morganna, and someone named Vesnic (Sirius supposed that Vesnic was the name Kevin the Paras now went by) were all a part of Remilia's Coven. Remilia, meanwhile, rolled her eyes at the antics of the Pokémon who had all introduced themselves, and walked over to the trio of canine Pokémon, introducing herself to them and asking their names.

The Mightyena spoke up in response. "My name is Sirius," he replied. "And I'd like to make it known right away that none of you have anything to fear from me as long as you mean no harm to my Trainer. This is Ruby, as I think you already know. She's about as harmless as a Houndour can be, she's just very enthusiastic when she gets the chance to meet new people. And this," he added, with a glance at the bored-looking Smeargle, "is Chromium." The Smeargle gave a bored nod in acknowledgement of the others.

"Aw, don't mind Chromium," yapped Ruby. "She's not happy unless she's painting something, or battling someone, but she's not too good at battling yet, she only knows two attacks, and she didn't even get to learn anything by using Sketch yet."

"Oh, yes," Chromium said sarcastically. "Tell the whole world of my inexperience with battle, why don't you? Don't even mention the fact that I am an artist, go right to my battling ineptitude-"

"That's enough," interrupted Sirius. "You could stand to be a bit nicer, y'know?"

"I am being nice," Chromium retorted. "Do you want to see me not be nice?"

Ruby, meanwhile, was taking no notice of Sirius and Chromium- those two butting heads like this was nothing new to her. Instead, she was talking to Atalanta the Poochyena. "Hey, hey, so, Remilia called you a hunter? I like hunting, too! Sirius, too, but Chromium isn't really into hunting all that much- oh, but I love it when I get to go hunting with my Trainer's Seviper and Carnivine and Basculin and Haxorus! One time we took down this big, big, huge Bouffalant, it lasted us a whole week! And you wouldn't think a Basculin could hunt well on land, but you'd be surprised if you ever saw Pisces in action, she's awesome! And Norbert- that's the Haxorus- he's been hunting with us since he was an Axew, and back then, he didn't look too threatening, but you'd have been surprised if you ever saw him go for prey. Even Marvolo, the Seviper, he was surprised when he first saw Norbert in action, he called him a natural. And Marvolo doesn't just give compliments like that, either- oh, sorry, I kept on talking, didn't I?" she added suddenly. "Sorry, sorry, I do that sometimes. So, Atalanta, you ever hunted down anything before?" she asked.

It was around that moment that a Shuppet and Audino caught up with the others. As Helena looked at the gathered Pokémon, she saw Remilia, and suddenly realized that she recognized her. "Oh, hi!" the Shuppet greeted her, speaking the human language, unlike her teammates. "Remilia, right? It's me, Helena, Keith brought me to that party of yours at Blaze's Secret Base," she said. "This is Joy, my Audino, and I guess you've already met my little brother's Mightyena, Houndour, and Smeargle."

"Hi," Joy chimed in, waving at Remilia.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Dwebble's Dwelling Troubles pt 04

Ledyba – Ledyba flew all over the park searching for Mienfoo. He looked all over hoping to find signs of the Martial Arts Pokémon. He flew over the lake, but he could easily see that she wasn’t there. Next he flew by the gardens, stopping to land on a statue to look around, but she wasn’t around there either. He spotted a fountain, so he flew there next expecting her to be there, but alas she wasn’t. Ledyba flew around some more hoping for a sign of her whereabouts. Up ahead, he spotted a path that led up an incline.

Chad, Cyndaquil, Torkoal, Wurmple, Caterpie, Dwebble, Shelley – While Cyndaquil and the other Pokémon celebrated Dwebble’s success, Chad thanked the stranger’s Torkoal for helping them all out. The Torkoal heard Chad mention that he had a Torkoal of his own. That seemed to cause her to react to his comment, as she blew a cloud of smoke that seemed to resemble a Torkoal.

“Oh my, that’s quite the talent you have there, little one,” Chad remarked. He was impressed at what he saw. “That looks so much like a Torkoal, as if it were a shadow of one. Are you trying to tell me you want to meet my Torkoal?” Chad looked in his bag, because he wasn’t sure if he brought his Torkoal with him. There were some other Pokeballs in there; Chad wasn’t sure if they were empty or not, but he was looking for one special Pokeball. It was clearly made for a Fire-type, evidenced by the flame design on the ball. Sure enough, he was able to find it.

“What do you know, I did bring him,” Chad commented. “All right Torkoal, come on out.” Chad tossed the Fire Ball in the air. It popped open, and a burst of holographic fire emanated forth. Then from the flame, Chad’s Torkoal appeared surrounded by the familiar sparkles of an alternately-colored Pokémon. “Torkoal, this is another trainer’s Torkoal, who just helped us find a stone for Dwebble to live in. I was requested, in an unusual way, to introduce the two of you.”

“Koal,” Chad’s Torkoal looked at the stranger’s Torkoal. He walked over to the Torkoal to investigate.

Meanwhile, Chad looked over at the other Pokémon crowding around Dwebble. By now, he had finally completed hollowing out a spot in his rock. He was just getting inside and determining that he had fit in perfectly. “Dweb!” The other Pokémon cheered again.

Ledyba, Mienfoo – Ledyba flew over to the path and landed just before the incline. He walked up the hill and spotted Mienfoo sitting on the ground, eyes closed, silent and still. “Hey Mienfoo, what are you up to?” Ledyba announced his presence, which seemed to snap Mienfoo out of a trance.

Mienfoo opened her eyes, and she did not look amused. “What is it?”

“I was sent to find you. Dwebble found a rock, and he’s fitting it for himself now. What are you doing?”

“I was meditating,” she responded a little coldly. “But that’s wonderful for Ishizumai.”

“Who?” Ledyba looked confused.

Mienfoo sighed, “You all call him Dwebble.” She stood up and walked over to a rock that she hadn’t shattered yet.

“Are you training, Mienfoo?” Ledyba observed.

“Call me that again, and you’ll end up like that rock over there,” she glared pointing at a pile of rocks she had recently created. “I am Kojofu. You’ll do well to remember that.”

Ledyba fluttered over to get a better look at Mienfoo. “You going to resume training Mi- um, Kojofu?”

“Of course, there wasn’t much else to do.” She prepared to use an attack, but she stopped and smirked. “Want to help?”

Chad, Cyndaquil, Torkoal, Wurmple, Caterpie, Dwebble, Shelley – Amidst the fun, Chad looked in the distance to where Ledyba had flown off earlier. It had been a little while since he sent Ledyba off to find Mienfoo. He had hoped the two of them would be back by now. At the very least he thought Ledyba would have returned. ‘I’ll give them a few more minutes before I start getting worried,’ he thought to himself. Wurmple and Caterpie started to scamper off, but Chad wanted to keep everyone nearby. “Hey you two, can you stick around please? I’d like to get going soon.”

- - -

The two Torkoal were immersed in a chat, and the topic of trainers came up. “I hear talk a lot about how rare Pokémon like me are. Why is it Chad is my third trainer?” Chad’s Torkoal sounded scared. “I think he’s great, but there’s always that thought in my mind that he’s going to get rid of me. I made a lot of friends on his team. I’d hate to not have them around. How about you? How is your trainer?”

Chad, Cyndaquil, Torkoal, Wurmple, Caterpie, Dwebble, Shelley: Chad seemed impressed by Shelley's talent for forming shapes with her smoke, and correctly interpreted her trick as her way of asking if he would send out his own Torkoal. As he opened up the Fire Ball, a Torkoal materialized, this one a decidedly different color than Shelley was. The mute Torkoal was surprised to discover that Chad's Torkoal was Shiny! As Torkoal approached Shelley, she started to feel a bit uncomfortable, especially as he started talking to her. The conversation, she knew, would be decidedly one-sided. Still, as Torkoal confessed a fear that Chad would get rid of him like his previous three Trainers, Shelley was reminded of Helga, Keith's Hariyama, who had similar fears based on how things ended with the two Trainers she had been with prior to Keith. And Millicent, Keith's Timburr, to a slightly lesser extent. And then, her train of thought was interrupted as the Shiny Torkoal asked Shelley about her Trainer. At this, Shelley smiled. She was of the opinion that Keith was the greatest Trainer a Pokémon could ask for, personally, and with that in mind, she puffed out some more smoke. This smoke took the form of a man wearing a cowboy hat. It wasn't incredibly detailed, but the resemblance would be unmistakable to anyone who had seen Keith Masters before. Then, Shelley puffed out more smoke, which took the form of a smiley face before floating in circles around the smoke-Keith.

Once those had faded away, Shelley nudged the other Torkoal to ensure he was paying attention. She then focused with great intensity, and puffed out a lot of smoke from her shell. First, it formed into two shapes- an Egg and the vague shape of a man. The Egg then reshaped itself into the shape of a Makuhita, and then condensed itself into a small spherical shape before floating into the man's hand. And then, another puff of smoke formed itself into a younger-looking man, holding what appeared to be a berry of some sort. The small sphere and the berry then flew across the air, switching places. The man now holding the berry vanished, and the orb reformed itself into a Makuhita. A few seconds later, the Makuhita then formed itself into a sphere yet again, and more of the smoke took shape- this time, it took on the appearance of Shelley's Trainer once again, this time holding what seemed to be three ice cream cones. The ice cream cones and the ball switched places like the latter had done with the berry-shaped puff of smoke, and then the ball formed back into the shape of a Makuhita. This time, however, the smoke figure embraced the Makuhita, and a smiley face formed above the two. Finally, the Makuhita-shaped puff of smoke changed yet again, now taking the shape of a Hariyama, and the smiley face became even bigger. And then, all the smoke vanished at once, Shelley panting slightly from the effort. She had been trying to convey Helga's story to Torkoal, trying to reassure him that she was of the opinion that just as Helga finally found her home with Keith, she believed that Torkoal had finally found his place with Chad. And she hoped damn well that she had gotten her point across, because holy crap, that was tiring!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112