Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fizzytopian Park and Gardens

OOC: This is my first time posting in a free-RP zone, so bare with me and hopefully we can create some nice stories together. I wanted to use this chance to get some RPing done with my lesser used Pokemon, so here goes nothing!

Charm calmly strolls through the park, blankly looking around, already forgetting his purpose here. The young trainer has been putting too much pressure on himself lately, with all the high-risk adventures and life-threatening situations. It almost felt odd to not be chased down by a swarm of Combee or escaping a volcanic explosion for once. The trainer brushes his dark hair to the side with his hand, starting to realize how long it has grown as of late. Being on the road doesn't give one much time to think about the trivial aspects of life, but Charm has come to like his new messy look that he's adopted since leaving the farmlands of Hoenn that he once called his home. He is donning a dark green t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, a silver chain hanging loose on his waist for the sake of accessorization.

He has felt free since leaving his home a year and a half ago. He no longer worked like a machine for each day of his life, and he appreciated the escape from farm life. He continued walking, mulling over the days at the family farm, so lost in his thought that he didn't pay attention to anything around him. Before he knew it, he saw a vast body of water in front of him, this could only be Mystic Lake, he presumes. "Welp. I guess I'll just lay here for a while," he mutters to himself, reaching for his Pokeballs in search of some company. He pulls three out at random before doing a quick inspection. "Heh, these guys could use some sunlight," he says before chucking the Pokeballs into the air. Out of them pops Don the Murkrow, Gilan the Absol, and Riff the Corphish.

"Good afternoon, Master Charm. How may I help you on this fine day?" the Murkrow casually greets, his French accent heavily displayed in his English. Don is the only member on Charm's team who's capable of speaking English, something the trainer found very odd, yet intriguing the day he hatched him. He has no idea where the accent comes from, however. "Nothing, Don. We're taking the day off. I just thought you guys could use the fresh air." "As you wish, Master," Don says with a smirk, cackling a short laugh soon after that Charm ignores. He looks to his other Pokemon. Gilan, his newest addition to the team greets with a friendly, "Ab-sol!" before coming over to Charm for a pat on the head. Gilan is quite open and friendly compared to other Absol, and Charm couldn't help but pat the little Disaster Pokemon's noggin, carefully avoiding the curved head blade. He then looks to Riff, who's stares blankly at Charm as if he doesn't know what's going on. "Same old Riff," he says, smiling. "Same old stupid Riff," Don says with a laugh. Riff ignores the comments, before jumping into the lake. The Corphish is rather dim-witted and often lost in his own thoughts, if he had any, but he's proven his competence in battle time and time again, so Charm had much respect for him in that regard.

The trainer sits back onto the soft grass after a deep breath, looking out to the lake. Gilan reclines next to him, imitating his new trainer and staring into the enchanting lake. Riff floats around aimlessly in the water, while Don perches himself onto Charm's shoulder, whistling some tunes and carefully looking around, smiling mischeavously at the sights around him. Charm sometimes wonders what goes through that Murkrow's head. Don usually shows the utmost respect and admiration for his trainer, but he's rather mean to his fellow teammates. Charm also can't help but feel that the dark bird is always plotting something. That'll be something he'll have to settle at another time, he decides. Today is all about relaxation, and yet he can't help but feel bored at the lack of excitement.

Peeves, Ruby, Charm, Gilan, Don, Riff: While Keith and a number of his Pokémon were hanging around with Dave, Michael, and their Pokémon, two more of his team were roaming around the park elsewhere, one of them walking slowly, and the other clearly wanting to run around at top speed, yet was restraining herself out of respect for the former.

"I'm sorry I can't let you just go tearing off, Ruby," said the Pokémon who was walking slowly- this was Peeves, a Dusclops, and he was speaking in English. "If I was still a Duskull, or if I had evolved into Dusknoir already, then I could likely keep up with you. Unfortunately, gaining the ability to levitate made me somewhat spoiled... Legs just can't compare anymore," he sighed.

"Aw, that's OK, Peeves," yapped the other Pokémon- Ruby, a young Houndour. Unlike the Ghost-type, Ruby was not speaking in English, but rather in the barks and yaps of Houndour language. She dashed a few laps around the Dusclops, before tilting her head in mild puzzlement. "If you hate walking so much, though," she spoke up, "Why don't you just get Keith to evolve you? You said he has a Reaper Cloth."

"Yeah, but I want to wait until Liliana's ready to evolve," explained Peeves. "It was with her that I evolved into Dusclops in the first place, I wouldn't feel right evolving any further without her."

"I wanna meet Liliana someday," barked Ruby. "Every time you talk about her you make it sound like she's the nicest, sweetest Pokémon ever."

"She is," nodded Peeves. "She really is." If he had a mouth, it would be smiling- instead, the Dusclops ate only by absorbing the food into the black hole that was his body, and when he talked, his voice simply emanated from his body. Quite a difference from when he was a Duskull, but he adapted to that well enough.

"Well, I can't wait to- Oooh, there's somebody with some Pokémon!" barked Ruby excitedly, having only just noticed Charm and his Pokémon. Before Peeves could say anything, the excitable Houndour was off, dashing over to where Charm was sitting, jumping up, and licking his face.

Sighing, Peeves made his way over to them. "Ruby, settle down," he said as he pulled the energetic Fire/Dark-type off Charm. "My apologies," he said to Charm. "My trainer's Houndour is... very friendly, as I'm sure you noticed. My name is Peeves, and this here is Ruby. Who might you all be?" he said, addressing not only Charm, but his Pokémon as well.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Peeves, Ruby, Charm, Gilan, Don, Riff: A Dusclops and Houndour began approaching them, Don briefly eyes them before giving a quick smirk while Charm remains oblivious. Gilan doesn't sense any danger from the two strangers, and so he stays put, calm as always. Before Charm knew it, the Houndour was already on him, licking his face affectionately and catching Charm off guard. Did Sheba (his Houndour) suddenly pop out of her Pokeball?

"Woah, there!" the trainer yelps, startled by the surprise greeting. Charm begins to pet this little dog as the Dusclops says, speaking in perfect English, ""Ruby, settle down," pulling the Houndour off of him. "It appears that I'm not the only speaker. How magnifique," Don comments, his French accent thick and still on his trainer's shoulder, watching the happenings with some vague interest.

"My apologies," the Dusclops said to Charm. "My trainer's Houndour is... very friendly, as I'm sure you noticed. My name is Peeves, and this here is Ruby. Who might you all be?" Charm looks to the talking Dusclops, then back at Don. Murkrow are commonly known to be able to speak English words, but a Dusclops talking was something new to him. He also didn't see Peeves' mouth moving as he spoke, finding it quite intriguing.

"Hi there, Peeves and Ruby. I'm Charm and this is Don, my Murkrow, Gilan, my Absol, and over there in the water is Riff, my Corphish. I happen to have a Houndour of my own as well, though she isn't quite as friendly to random strangers. Hehe," Charm replies, pretending this was perfectly normal. "Ab-sol!" Gilan greets out to Ruby and Peeves from Charm's side. "He said, 'Hello, nice to meet you'," Don remarks, serving as a translator for Charm, who is the only one there that doesn't understand the Pokemon language. "COOOR-PHIIISH!" Riff shouts out in the distance before returning his concentration to swimming once more. "And he said something along the lines of: 'Hi! I like water!'... That idiot," Don replies. Charm couldn't help but laugh, Riff's simplicity always amused him. He then noticed something odd. "Where's your trainer? Is he okay with you two roaming off?" Charm asks, finally noticing the lack of their trainer.

Peeves, Ruby, Pisces, Charm, Gilan, Don, Riff: Peeves blinked in mild surprise as the Murkrow on Charm's shoulder spoke up- in English, and with a French accent, no less. Charm then introduced himself to Peeves, and introduced his Pokémon- The Murkrow, named Don; the Absol, named Gilan; and the Corphish, named Riff. "Good to meet you all," Peeves replied.

"Wow! So nice to meet you, Charm and Don and Gilan and Riff!" yapped Ruby, her enthusiasm and energy clearly not diminishing any.

Charm then revealed that he owned a Houndour himself, though his wasn't quite as friendly to random strangers as Ruby was. Gilan then greeted Peeves and Ruby, and Riff... greeted them and stated that he liked water. Peeves had to chuckle at this a little bit, and then Charm asked Peeves where his trainer was. "He's somewhere around here, I think I saw him closer to the park's entrance, talking with two other trainers," Peeves explained. "He's fine with me going off on my own, he knows he can trust me. In fact, Keith actually asked me to take Ruby around the park for a bit of exercise. Some of my teammates can really be something of a handful. Most of them are pretty responsible, but there's no way he lets Ruby go off by herself- she's barely two weeks old. And his Koffing- you think Ruby's energetic? You haven't seen energetic until you've seen Pepperspray in action. And then there's the Blue-Striped Basculin... He usually has his Qwilfish keep a close eye on her, and believe me, it works, Hebenon is probably the strongest Qwilfish in the world." Peeves paused as he glanced around at Charm's Pokémon, then added, "So, between these guys and that Houndour you mentioned, I'm guessing you like the Dark type?" the Dusclops asked Charm. "My trainer's actually into the Poison type."

Meanwhile, Ruby had dashed over to the Absol. "Hi! Hi!" she yapped eagerly. "You're Gilan, right? Right! You're Gilan! I'm Ruby! Wanna play tag?"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Peeves, Ruby, Pisces, Charm, Gilan, Don, Riff: Charm listened closely as Peeve talked about this trainer of his and the other members of his squad. He didn't realize that their trainer was near the entrance when he walked by, that's what he gets for being lost in his thought all the time. He couldn't imagine what this trainer's Koffing could be like if his energy is leagues above this hyper Houndour. This Qwilfish that Peeves claims to be the strongest in the world has Charm especially interested, his intrigue for battle exciting him at the thoughts of taking on this Qwilfish. The Dusclops pauses for a moment and notes all the Dark-types, or soon-to-be Dark-type in Riff's case, in Charm's possession, before commenting on it and his trainer, Keith's, fondness for Poison-types.

"Your trainer has quite an interesting collection of Pokemon, I would love to meet him someday," Charm remarks, "Yeah, I quite like Dark-types, second only to the Fire-type of course. Most of my Dark-type Pokemon are total sweethearts, however, despite their menacing appearance... except maybe my Sneasel, Osage, who's just straight out disobedient often, and Don over here... No offense, Don." "Oh Monsieur, you're too kind," Don says, sarcastically. "Don't take it to heart, dear Don. You're among my most loyal, and I admire you for that." He turns back to Peeves. "Anyways," he goes on, "Osage and I may have our disagreements, but we hold a mutual understanding for one another. He has been with me the longest after all, right next to Apollo, my Combusken, since I began this journey. Speaking of Apollo, he's been my partner since he was born, and we grew up together in Hoenn. Y'see, he was born from my parents' own Blazikens back in our farm... Where does your trainer come from?"

Meanwhile, Ruby hurries over to Gilan and asks if he would like to play a game of tag. The Absol is taken aback by the sudden approach, but he replies calmly, "Sure... but what is this 'tag' you speak of?" he asks in low barks. Soon after Gilan was born, he was placed into a CfP shop where he was put on sale, and so he wasn't knowledgable about many things in the outside world, but the Absol politely grins, willing to comply with Ruby's proposal, whatever it may be.

Peeves, Ruby, Pisces, Charm, Gilan, Don, Riff: Charm remarked on how interesting Keith's collection of Pokémon sounded, and stated that he would like to meet him someday. "Interesting is the word," Peeves nodded. Charm then confirmed that he did indeed have a liking for Dark-types, though it was second to his liking for Fire-types. Peeves was quite surprised to hear the trainer reveal that he was from Hoenn, and as he asked where Keith was from, Peeves replied, "As it happens, Keith's also from Hoenn. He lived in Lavaridge Town in his youth, and the Fiery Path is where he caught his first Pokémon- a Koffing. Not the Koffing I was talking about, that one's considerably younger, this one's now a Weezing." Peeves was tempted to mention how he had witnessed Keith catch the Koffing, but given his role in that little adventure, it wasn't exactly something he was proud of, nor was it a point in his life he was particularly fond of reliving. No, Peeves's days as a sadistic ******* of a Machop were well behind him, and that's where he preferred them to be.

Ruby was a little surprised that Gilan had never heard of tag, but she recovered from the surprise almost instantly. "Oh, it's a fun game!" she replied. "See, I tag you, and you're 'it', and then I run and you try to catch up to me, and if you manage to tag me, then I'm it and I gotta chase you, got it? OK? OK!" she exclaimed- she had been getting progressively more excited throughout her explanation, and once she finished, she tagged the Absol with one of her front paws and dashed off. "Tag! You're it!" she called as she raced away.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

{Well, I thought about having Delilah, Laika, Seshiro, and Shisato be treated as if they hadn't evolved yet, but there's too much hassle with that. So they'll be treated as if they have evolved already, hope everyone understands! Now to get on with my long overdue reply... ^_^'}

Delilah, Manasseh, Hannah, Hebenon, Riff: Delilah simply blushed in surprise as Hebenon kissed her, and she suddenly let go and tried shining her lure to distract the two Qwilfish from how red her face was. Sometimes, the most illogical kinds of things happen, and in this Lanturn's case she had let emotions take over and tried drawing attention away from her face until she could regain her composure.

Meanwhile, Manasseh was busy looking for Delilah so he could hang out with her, but instead of her he came across a Corphish who had just scuttled into the lake and was swimming about aimlessly. He had never seen crayfish before so he swam up to investigate. "Hello there!" the little Horsea called out with a jovial greeting. "Are you lost too? I can't seem to find my way around, even though the water's really nice and clean. I'm Manasseh, by the way. What's your name?"

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: While they were flying back to the lake, Icarus and Hedwig got to talking about their trainers, and, when the helpful Crobat mentioned her trainer's name, the Skarmory couldn't help but perk up with interest. "Oh, him? I think he's supposed to be 'He-Amethyst's' trainer too, what's his name, Molvore?" he cawed, butchering Marvolo's name on purpose. Ever since that incident he had with the two Seviper, he couldn't resist throwing in a wisecrack or two about them whenever they were discussed. Despite their efforts to teach him a lesson... well, I guess he didn't really learn it, he probably only said he did just to get them off his tailfeathers. "Anyway, 'Wormblade' aside, your human seems pretty cool. And probably more experienced than Hyrem is. I haven't been training much with him lately, he's been too busy keeping Miss Bossythyst happy, probably so she doesn't eat him, I'm guessing..."

Seshiro, Shisato, Nagini, Vega, Solaire, Gwyn: Both Seshiro and Shisato were looking to Vega for guidance as to who this "Great Wyrm" was, but Vega's response left the two younger Arbok wanting more. "Hmmm, sorry, Shisato," Seshiro apologized, "he never gives a straight answer about these things." Shisato simply smiled. Vega reminded her of the leader of her clan back on Cloud Garden: soft-spoken and kind, he always wished for peace between his and rival Pokemon clans in the area. Back then as a young Ekans, before she was caught by her original trainer, she was a proud warrior and didn't quite understand her leader's actions sometimes. Now, after all the humbling experiences she had been through, it was this missionary--and the aura he exuded--that started to break through to her just what her leader in the past was getting at: finding peace, not only with others, but with yourself. "I guess we should follow him if we want to learn more?" she suggested to Seshiro. "Yeah, he'll tell us eventually," he submitted back with a nervous sweatdrop. "I just... don't know when he's going to do that."

As they followed Vega towards another part of the lake, they could see a Larvesta in prayer before he greeted them warmly. "Good to meet you too!" Shisato was the first of the two to speak with a soft hiss. "My name is Shisato."
    "And I'm Seshiro," he added. "We're with Vega." He then noticed Nagini sitting there, not knowing what to do with herself. He wasn't quite sure how to push Nagini further towards Vega without giving away his intent for doing so. The fact they were in the same scene was satisfactory for now, so the younger cobras decided they needed to wait and let things play out for a while. Nagini and Vega deserved the chance to interact with each other on their own.

In the meantime, Gwyn caught their interest as it seemed he worshiped the same god Solaire did, or at least part of him did. Then after a discussion between Vega and Solaire, Gwyn expressed his own opinion ... through his artwork in silhouettes. It seemed he was of the opinion that darkness exists within each of us, as well as light, to complete our way of being. Seshiro and Shisato were amazed by how much control he had over his shadow--and, in effect, his darkness--so much so that he was ready to be presented with more powers and responsibilities. With that, Gwyn evolved into a Lampent, the flame which used to be open now contained within his body. "Whoa, Gwyn looks awesome now," Seshiro commented, his jaw having dropped slightly from the spectacle. "Yes, you do," Shisato added directly to the new Lampent. "But... what about your shadow? With your flame now inside you, it will be harder to cast a good shadow from yourself, right?"

Hyrem, Sera, Aisa, Vi, Charm, Gilan, Don, Ruby, Peeves: Hyrem had been relaxing, along with his trusted partner Sera for a while, with Aisa in his arms and Vi looking at her reflection in the lake. Suddenly, Vi picks up a scent that somehow seems... familiar to her, and walks along the lake to investigate. "Hm? Hey Vi, where are you going?" Hyrem asked. "Tor! Torchic!" she chirped, pointing over to nearby area of the lake where a trainer was resting with his Murkrow and Absol, along with what looked like a Houndour and Dusclops. Hyrem then recognized who the trainer was; it was Charm, an older kid he had battled against once before, with him and his Corphish coming out on top against Hyrem and Sarkhan. He couldn't resist meeting him again, especially when it would be on friendlier terms now. Still holding Aisa in his arms, he and Sera followed Vi over and called out to Charm: "Hey, long time no see! How've you been?" Vi, meanwhile, walks over to Charm and investigates him, she liked how he smelled of her kind. "Torchic!" she chirped happily. "Huh, Vi likes you, for some reason," said Hyrem with a softer voice as he was closer to Charm. "Do you have a Torchic too, by any chance?"

Hyrem, Sera, Aisa, Vi, Charm, Gilan, Don, Ruby, Peeves: "Lavaridge Town? That's where Flannery keeps her Fire-type Gym!" Charm said, excited to know there's other people from Hoenn here- and one from the town of his favorite Gym Leader, no less. This Koffing caught from the Fiery Path also intrigued Charm, he wondered if the now-Weezing had any Fire-type friends back there. "I lived in the farmlands between Verdanturf Town and Mauville City. It was a small, cozy little place, and we even had the Daycare Man as our neighbor!"

Meanwhile, Gilan and Ruby chatted away, and once the Houndour explained the game, she dashed off after leaving Gilan 'it'. "Very well, then," he said, stretching his legs a bit before starting a pace after Ruby. "And then they're off," Charm comments, happy to see they're having fun. Gilan realized that the Dark/Fire-type had quite some speed, fuelled by her hyperness of course, and he gradually quickened his pace. Taking larger steps with each gallop until he was taking great leaps, side to side, in an attempt to corner Ruby. "Almost there!" the Absol barked, the game of tag continuing to ensue.

Back where Charm was sitting, he hears a familiar voice and turns around to see Hyrem! "How's it going, Hyrem? Long time indeed." The last time they met, they were opponents on a battle field. Riff had to face off against his menacing Druddigon, Sarkhan, and came out on top after a hard fought battle. It was nice to see a familiar face again. "Hey Riff! Come say hi!" Charm calls out into the water. No response came. "Hmph, he must've floated off somewhere." "That fool," Don says, "Pleased to meet you, I'm Don, and yes; I talk," the Murkrow introduces himself.

Charm noticed a Venipede in the trainer's arms, and his Kirlia and Torchic standing beside him. The Torchic approached Charm, sniffing him before chirping happily. Hyrem then states how the Torchic, named Vi, smelled something familiar on him, and questioned if he had a Torchic of his own. "Hey there, little one," Charm said, patting Vi's head softly as he once did to Apollo when he was little, "and yes, actually, I do have a Torchic, but he's a Combusken now. He's been my friend since I was just a little kid back in Hoenn. Peeves and I were just talking about him actually," he said, looking back to the Dusclops. "This is Peeves, by the way. He belongs to another trainer, but you may find him and his teammates quite interesting."

Delilah, Manasseh, Hannah, Hebenon, Riff: "Swim. Swim. Swim. Swim. I like to swim~" Riff sang, swimming through the lake without a care in the world. There's nothing Riff loved more than just swimming through clear water, he thinks. He felt one with the water, both in body and in mind... clearly. His never-ending dream soon ended, however, when a Horsea approached him. The Horsea introduced himself as Manasseh, and asked if he was lost too. "Riff not lost. Riff at peace," the Corphish answers, not caring to face the Horsea and instead laying on his back as he floated by. After a few moments, Riff remembered some of his manners and asked, "Sorry. Can Riff help you?"
    Last edited by Charminions; 14th July 2013 at 7:06 PM. Reason: Whoops, this works out for the better actually.

Hedwig, Icarus, Amelia: Hedwig rolled her eyes and smirked as Icarus proceeded to badmouth Marvolo and Amethyst. "I hope for your sake you don't have the sheer foolishness to say that sort of stuff to their faces," the Crobat replied. "They're easy enough to infuriate as it is, but insulting one within earshot of the other is nothing short of suicide. And Marvolo can use Flamethrower, too, so you'd pretty much be screwed." Icarus then mentioned that Keith sounded pretty cool, and more experienced than Hyrem. "Well, he's been a Trainer for, what, nine years now, so of course he's pretty experienced," said Hedwig. "I was actually one of his first Pokémon," she added, a hint of pride in her voice. "I believe I came onto the team back when all there was was a Koffing, an Ekans, an Oddish, and a Tentacool. And the Tentacool didn't stay, either, thank Arceus," added Hedwig, frowning slightly. "Insane, unruly, uncontrollable. Keith dropped him off at the Adoption Center just before adopting a Qwilfish one time."

Hyrem, Sera, Aisa, Vi, Charm, Gilan, Don, Ruby, Peeves: Charm sounded somewhat excited at the mention of Lavaridge Town, stating that that was where Flannery could be found. "Strangely enough, Keith's never been that much into Fire-types," replied Peeves. "He did own a Numel several years ago, but he traded it and a Shuppet for a Bellsprout and a Seviper. Of course, now he's got Ruby, plus a Torkoal." Charm then went into an explanation of where he lived- between Verdanturf Town and Mauville City, where his neighbor was the regional day-care man. Before Peeves could reply to this, however, none other than Hyrem came over! To the Dusclops's mild surprise, it seemed Charm and Hyrem knew each other already. Once Charm introduced Peeves, the Dusclops spoke up. "Actually, Charm, Hyrem and I know each other already, he's friends with my Trainer. Good to see you again, Hyrem, Sera. You, however, I don't believe I've met," he added, addressing Vi and Aisa. "Wasn't aware you had a Venipede, Hyrem. You know, Salazar's evolved into a Scolipede now. Anyway, I'd introduce you to one of Keith's newest Pokémon, except she went off to play tag with Charm's Absol."

Indeed, Ruby was running around the park, and yipped in surprise as she realized the Absol was gaining on her. "Haha, catch me if you can!" the Houndour barked playfully before speeding up as much as she could. Note to self; learn Flame Charge.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hannah, Hebenon, Riff: After their kiss, Delilah backed off, her face bright red, and she was shining her lure brightly in an effort to distract the two Qwilfish from this. Hebenon merely gazed at Delilah- he could never get enough of just how beautiful the Lanturn was.

"Hey, Hebenon," Hannah spoke up, "Why not tell Delilah about that battle you were in?"

"Come on, Hannah," muttered Hebenon. "I told you, I don't like to brag. Besides, there was a huge type advantage to speak of and I just kept taking advantage of it, that's not exactly something to brag about."

"But still, you defeated a Dragonite!" Hannah insisted. "And that weird Psychic move you did near the end to make sure your Ice Beam hit? That was awesome!"

Elsewhere in the lake, something else was about to intrude upon Riff and Manasseh's conversation. Slowly, she rose up from the depths, the Blue-Striped Basculin swimming ever closer to the two... closer... closer... maybe she'd eat the Corphish first... Nah, maybe the Horsea. No, yeah, no, the Corphish, yeah. Having made up her mind, Pisces sped up, mouth agape, teeth bared, as she drew closer to the unsuspecting (I assume) Water-types. By the way, feel free to play the theme from "Jaws" in your head as you're reading this, I think it'd be fitting.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Hyrem, Aisa, Vi, Sera, Charm, Don, Gilan, Ruby, Peeves: Charm looked happy to see Hyrem, and he tried to call Riff over, but his Corphish was apparently busy somewhere else. "It's okay, I'm fine with meeting Riff later," said Hyrem. Don, his Murkrow, was ready and waiting on his shoulder to talk. As in, human language. Which didn't exactly surprise Hyrem since he'd already been exposed to Michael, Remilia, and Keith's Meowth talking, but it was still interesting to witness a Murkrow talking. He even had an accent, where could he have gotten that? "Well, a talking Murkrow, that's pretty rare! I'm Hyrem, nice to meet you, Don!" Then as Vi approached Charm, he patted her on the head as he reminisced about Apollo, who was a Combusken now. Vi, in turn, cooed happily about being patted. "Hehe, Vi's not normally like this, she wants others to think she's a rough-and-tough tomboy, but I know the truth about her. Anyway, really cool that you have a Combusken; did you bring him? I'd sure like to see him in person."

Charm then referred to Peeves, and the Dusclops suggested they had already met, though his eyes lit up when Peeves talked about one of Keith's newest Pokemon playing with Charm's Absol. A quick glance revealed it to be another Houndour, just like Silas! "Whoa, Keith has a Houndour too? I hatched one too! Though he's not as playful as she looks like, but maybe Silas can still be friends with her. Anyway, that Absol looks great too, Charm! My Sneasel and I battled one a while ago, but Leila lost to a really powerful Fighting-type move that Absol saved as a trump card. Absol looks really cool though, and I hope I can raise one too someday!" Peeves had also mentioned Salazar in the context of him seeing Aisa in his arms. "Yeah, I know he's a Scolipede now. Hopefully Aisa can meet him sometime so she has a good example to follow! She could use it..." he muttered under his breath. Aisa, meanwhile, chittered her own response: "Don't think I've met anything like you either. I'm Aisa, and as long as you don't creep my human out I might be able to get along with you. Because if my human gets uncomfortable while I'm in his arms, I get uncomfortable, and I end up stinging him by accident. And I don't want to do that, not to my cutie..."

"Your 'cutie'?" Vi chirped after overhearing Aisa lay it on thick. "You're so gross, stupid grub." Aisa gave her a vile glare, but both Pokemon ended up ignoring each other for now. "Anyway, I'm Vi," she said to the Dusclops. "I'm hopin' to be one of the best fighters around one day, so remember my name and remember it well!" she finished with a kick pose to punctuate it.

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: After Icarus ragged on a certain couple of Seviper, Hedwig had expressed her hopes that his insults about them stayed away from them lest he get turned into a silver puddle. "Tell me about it," he cawed while rolling his own eyes. "You try to give one of them a joyride, and you get all tied up and beat up and all sorts of junk. And on that note, I'd really like it if you didn't tell them I said any of that," he said with a nervous quiver in his voice. "And that goes double for you, Mia! That blabbermouth of yours has gotten me into big trouble with my seniors before!"

"But she was asking about who took the Buneawy out of hew favowite hunting pwace," she chirped with her cute baby lisp. "And den I towd hew it was you, big bwothew, and den she said dat she was going to wet me wive anothew monf. Dat made me happy, yay~"

"Well, let's just say it didn't make me happy. I'm still tasting the bitter chocolate I got force-fed by her, yuck, bleh!" Icarus spit something out soon after he said that, and it conveniently fell into the edge of the lake as they flew up to it while Hedwig was talking about how she was one of her trainer's very first Pokemon. "Qwilfish, huh? Think maybe one of the two down there is him? With Li?" he asked, looking down towards the lake and seeing two Qwilfish with Delilah.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: Manasseh tried asking a nearby Corphish if he was lost or if he could help the little Horsea find his way, but the way Riff spoke suggested he was a little... uh, simpler minded. "Um... maybe?" he replied when Riff wanted to know if he needed help. "I'm trying to find someone, a Chinchou, I think... Have you seen any here?"

Meanwhile, while Hannah was bugging Hebenon about a battle he had with a Dragonite, Delilah looked interested too when she saw a familiar shape swim up towards two Pokemon at the surface, a Horsea and a Corphish. She knew from experience Pisces didn't care who she ate, just as long as she ate fresh meat, but those two were probably owned by trainers! "Would you excuse me, please?" she politely asked the two Qwilfish before swimming towards the scene, shining her lure in the hopes that the Basculin would find it more enticing than the Water Pokemon at the surface.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: "Riff no see no Chinchou," the Corphish answers to Manasseh, soon cutting him off as he sees a bright light not far in the distance. "Ooh, pretty light," Riff mutters in bewilderment, completely unaware of the Basculin approaching in the hopes of making him into a meal. The Basculin has his teeth bared at this point, it was too late for Riff to realize.

"YOUCH!" Riff yelps, caught completely off guard as the blue-striped Basculin grips boldly into the Corphish's backside. "Get it off! Get it off!" Riff yells as he swims with all of his might, trying to shake the Basculin off. The pain grows as Riff pounds claw after claw into the water, swimming faster and faster in an attempt to run (or swim in this case) off the pain, his pathway leading him right towards two Qwilfish and a Lanturn, the Basculin still attached to his rear.

Gilan, Ruby: Gilan continued to gallop and leap after Ruby, taking a quick glance back to the group and realizing that they've ran quite far from the rest at this point, the lake still in view but not as close as it was moments ago. He noticed Charm talking to a stranger and some of his Pokemon... perhaps they're looking for trouble. Better catch her quickly and head back to Charm, he might need my protection, Gilan thinks to himself. His pace quickens once more as he runs near the Houndour. With one last leap, he lands himself right in front Ruby before giving her a light nudge. "Um, I think this means you're It," the Absol remarks before dashing off towards Charm, though he had quite a distance to go before ever reaching him at this point, feeling uneasy as he runs across the grassy parkland.

Hyrem, Aisa, Vi, Sera, Charm, Don, Apollo, Peeves: "The pleasure is all mine, Monsieur Hyrem," Don bows respectfully, hiding a smirk that might suggest other intentions. The Murkrow listened on as Vi and Aisa bickered, "These two are quite the uproarious little ones," he lets out a cackle.

"Oh, I didn't realize you two met before," Charm lets out an embarrassed laugh as Peeves and Hyrem conversed. "Absols are very awesome Pokemon," Charm says continuing the conversation, "I spent just about all of my savings to buy Gilan, but I don't regret it one bit. He's a joy to have around. I wish you luck in finding one, you'll love them!" "I can honestly say that I haven't found one thing wrong with Gilan... yet," Don comments, giving his version of a compliment.

"Looks like I have some Pokemon that still have some maturing to do," Charm says calmly, eyeing his Murkrow. Don merely bows his head in apology, "Pardons, Monsieur." "Anyways," Charm lets out a quick sigh before continuing, "I actually do have Apollo with me. It won't hurt to send him out, I suppose. He should enjoy the fresh air as well." Reaching into his belt, he pulls out another Pokeball before enlarging it and chucking it in the air. "Come on out, Apollo!"

"Com-busken!" Apollo crows, standing proudly before the group. He raises an arm to his head as a salute, greeting Peeves, Hyrem, and Hyrem's Pokemon in the process. "This is my Combusken, you guys," Charm introduces. The Combusken walks toward the group, relaxing himself before he catches sight of Vi. He hasn't seen a member of his evolution line in a long time, so it was a welcome sight. "Hello there, little one. Striking a fighting pose there I see?," he greets to the Torchic in caws and chirps, before easing himself to Charm's side.

Hyrem, Aisa, Vi, Sera, Charm, Don, Gilan, Ruby, Peeves: Hyrem revealed to Peeves that he knew of Salazar's evolution, and added his hope that the Scolipede could serve as a good role model for Aisa. Then, the Venipede spoke up, telling Peeves that she might get along with him as long as he didn't creep Hyrem out, for when he got uncomfortable, so did she, and that led to unintentional stinging. Peeves blinked in mild surprise as Aisa referred to Hyrem as her cutie. "Well, you won't have to worry about that," Peeves assured her in Dusclops language. "I've long since given up scaring others. Besides, Hyrem and my trainer are good friends. You might have even seen him before, I don't know. His name's Keith. You would remember him if you see him, he wears a cowboy hat." Then, Vi began speaking to Peeves, introducing herself, and telling him to remember her name, for she intended to become a great fighter. If he had a mouth, Peeves would have grinned. "One of the best fighters around, huh?" he said. "Well, I'll say this much, you got the spirit of a fighter, for sure."

The subject then turned to Absol, and Charm stated that he had spent nearly all his savings to get an Absol of his own. "Keith's actually interested in Absol as well," the Dusclops piped up. "Though the ones on sale last month were way out of his price range." At that point, Charm brought out Apollo, his Combusken, who immediately began to speak with Vi.

Meanwhile, Gilan had finally managed to tag Ruby, after which he uncertainly said that he believed that to mean Ruby was "it". "Yep!" yapped Ruby happily, oblivious to the Absol's unease. She merely dashed off after him as he headed right back towards Charm and the others.

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: "Joyride, huh?" Hedwig remarked. "Marvolo told me about that incident. The way he puts it, it sounds less like a joyride, and more like a Sky Drop attack." The Crobat smirked as Icarus nervously asked her to not repeat his words to either of the two Seviper. "Fine," she replied.

As the subject turned to Hebenon, Icarus pointed out a minor scene unfolding over the water's surface. "If they're with that Lanturn, Delilah, then yeah, one of them's definitely Hebenon," nodded Hedwig. "Odds are the other one is his sister, Hannah. Oh, and uh, little bit of advice for you. I dunno if you ever mess with Delilah, or if you're friends with her, or what, but just a fair warning- if you do mess with her, easiest possible way to get on Hebenon's bad side. And that Qwilfish is just as strong as me, maybe stronger." Then, Hedwig noticed a minor commotion going on in the water. "What the- son of a Swirlix, it's Pisces again," she groaned. "My trainer's Blue-Striped Basculin," she added. "Oh, and Mia," the Crobat added to the baby Taillow, "If you ever see Pisces for yourself, don't go near her. You know how we weren't sure whether that Aerodactyl would want to eat you? Well, Pisces will definitely want to eat you. Hell, she'd eat me if she could."

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: "Of course," Hebenon nodded politely as Delilah excused herself. The pair of Qwilfish looked in the direction Delilah was heading, and Hebenon's eyes widened in shock and horror as he realized- Pisces was going for a Horsea and a Corphish, and Delilah was trying to lure the Basculin away from them. Now, Hebenon wasn't stupid, he knew that Delilah could very easily defend herself if need be, but all the same, Pisces was a particularly fierce and tenacious opponent, one who was not opposed to ending battles by eating her opposition. However powerful Delilah was, it still didn't sit right with him to let her go up against Pisces alone. "Hannah, come on," Hebenon said urgently, and with that, they swam off after Delilah.

Pisces noticed the light, but as she turned around, her eyes widened as she recognized the source. "Oh, hell, no," the Basculin muttered to herself. "I even try to go for that one, Hebenon's gonna end my life. Still feeling that Giga Impact he did earlier. No, not worth it," she decided as she wheeled back around, and managed to bite down on the Corphish. Though taking any sort of actual chunk out of the hard-shelled Water-type was going to be a challenge, especially as Riff started swimming around frantically. Then, he was swimming right towards Delilah, Hebenon, and Hannah, the latter two having caught up with the former.

"OK, I think I got this," Hebenon stated, and after a moment of focusing, the powerful Qwilfish let fly a Psywave attack, the blue glowing rings striking Pisces, holding her in place like some sort of tractor beam. Hebenon focused more, and was able to, through manipulation of the Psywave, pry Pisces's jaws open, letting Riff go free.

"Damn it, Hebenon!" Pisces snapped as she swam towards the Qwilfish. "What the hell is your problem, what, you gotta interfere every damn time I try and grab a bite to eat?"

"No, not every time," Hebenon replied. "Only when you go after trainer owned Pokémon. That Corphish has to have a trainer, there's no wild Pokémon in this lake, and you don't know if he or she is particularly forgiving."

"I don't give a Raticate's ass if he's Ash friggin' Ketchum with the world's strongest Pikachu!" retorted the Basculin. "Food is food!"

"OK, Pisces, is Ginny out of her Poké Ball?" asked Hebenon. The Basculin gave a single, curt nod. "Well, how about you go see if she needs your assistance with anything?" suggested the Qwilfish.

"Fine," grumbled Pisces as she swam off.

"I don't really like Pisces very much, big brother," said Hannah.

"Don't worry, you're not the only one, Hannah," replied Hebenon, before he turned back to face Delilah. "So, Delilah," said Hebenon, a smile returning to his face, "I, uh... I don't think I ever got the chance to congratulate you on your evolution, did I?"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Delilah, Manasseh, Pisces, Hannah, Hebenon, Riff: For a moment it looked like Pisces was tempted by Delilah's lure, but then she ended up being recognized as Hebenon's girlfriend and was ignored in favor of the easier prey. In fact, her light only served to distract the two potential food items further! "Oh no, I must hurry!" she said out loud before swimming faster to catch up to the scene, readying her lure to fire off an Electric attack to fry Pisces and scare her off.

Meanwhile, Manasseh didn't seem to have any luck as Riff told him he hadn't seen a Chinchou anywhere. "Oh, okay then, I guess I'll have to look somewhere else," he said before noticing a bright light off to the side. Riff seemed entranced by it, and Manasseh found it to be a happy sight as well, but for different reasons. "Oh, a light? That might be- WAAAH!" he screamed in horror as the Corphish was suddenly snapped up by a Basculin from underneath them; Manasseh had no idea there was such a predator down here, or that one was hungry enough to attack them. "Oh no, oh no, what do I do, what do I do?" he spurted in his panicked state. "Help! Somebody help!" As he looked toward the light, however, it was coming closer to where Riff and the bass were headed, what if the light was an even bigger predator coming to take them both?? Suddenly, another ray of light pulsed out and hit the Basculin, holding it in place and then opening its jaws enough for Riff to swim free of its grip, and to the little Horsea's surprise it was coming from a Qwilfish! How could a Pokemon like that do such a trick!? In any case, the puffer saved Riff, and the light appeared to be coming from a Lanturn, not something that would eat smaller fish... right?

Delilah was relieved that Hebenon took care of it; after all, whatever Electric attack she had planned could've hurt other Water Pokemon in the area, especially the Corphish she was trying to save. After Pisces was driven away, she swam over to the Corphish and said, "Are you all right? I hope she didn't hurt you too badly." She then noticed the Horsea nearby, hesitant to approach. "How about you? It's okay, I won't hurt you." she called out to him, shining her light to calm him down, and it was working. "Um, o-okay, oh dear..." Manasseh responded quietly before cautiously making his way toward the group. "Sorry, I-I guess I'm still a little shaken up by what happened. T-that Basculin... could've gone after me..."

"To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't pick you over him," Delilah bluntly replied. "I don't mean to offend you, but you look like a much easier target than your friend, and, as a fish eater myself, I would have considered you an easier meal if I was like Miss Pisces and had no self-restraint."
    "That's... not really comforting..."
    "It wasn't quite my intention to do so, you should be more careful since you're so low on the food chain. Anyway, I should have introduced myself sooner; my name is Delilah!"
    "Wait, Delilah!?" said Manasseh, perking up at the mention of her name. "My trainer said I should meet someone named Delilah, so it's you? I think we're on the same team then! I'm Manasseh, great to meet you!"
    "Oh, really? Well, you must be new, so welcome to the team!" she said with a good smile.
    "Thank you! So, are these two with us too?" he asked, referring to the two Qwilfish.
    "Oh, no, they belong to another trainer here. This is my boyfriend, Hebenon, and his sister, Hannah!"
    "Ah, nice to meet you two," the Horsea said, bowing his head as a polite gesture.
    "And thanks, Hebenon, I like my new form now! Sometimes I would wonder if my eyes as a Chinchou looked weird, but now I don't have that problem anymore!"
    "Wait, so you just recently became a Lanturn?" Manasseh asked.
    "Mm-hmm!" she nodded. "Sorry if you were told to look for a Chinchou, but at least you found me anyway!" she finished with a slight giggle.
    "Yeah, I guess that worked out, didn't it?" He then turned to Riff and asked him, "So, you gonna go back to swimming?"

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Don, Peeves: Don was quite a gentleman, bowing to Hyrem, though he also commented on Vi and Aisa's butting heads. "Oh, you haven't seen Daphne, Amethyst, and Leila. Sometimes I think it's a good thing I can't understand what my Pokemon say half the time! There's catfights between the girls on my team all the time, it's a good thing Sera here can stop them before they get really bad, though." Charm then revealed that he had spent a lot of money to get his Absol, and he has enjoyed having Gilan ever since then. He then brought out his Combusken, Apollo, for Vi to interact with. Sera waved politely at Apollo while Aisa didn't pay much attention to the newcomer. Hyrem's eyes certainly lit up, though, as he imagined Vi as a Combusken. "Wow, he looks really cool! You see him, Vi? That's what you'll look like when you get older!"

"Tooor~ (Whoooa!)" she chirped in awe as she put her foot down from her pose she made earlier. Not only did her kin look bigger and tougher... he had arms! Nothing like the stubby wings she had as a Torchic, evolving into a Combusken would be such an improvement! Not to mention this particular Combusken was a handsome example to look at. He then commented on Vi's fighting pose which put a smile on her face. "Yup, and now that I've seen you, I can't wait to evolve! You just look so cool and strong and EEEEEE~" she squeed abnormally for her character. "Heehee, so can the pot call the kettle black now?" Aisa interrupted with a smirk, causing Vi to blush in embarrassment. "Oh, sh-shut up, we-we're having an important conversation here!" she chirped, ruffling her feathers in a flustered state. She was supposed to be a tough gal, but it wasn't likely her kin would take her seriously after the fangirling she did over him! At least Peeves seemed impressed, as the mummy complemented her on her fighting spirit. That helped her to get back in the mood. "Hey, thanks!" she said before turning back to the Combusken. "Anyway, name's Vi! What's your name?"

Aisa was soon convinced that the Dusclops wouldn't scare Hyrem, even though he still looked ugly enough to creep her out, though she didn't say that out loud. Peeves then brought up his trainer, who had a cowboy hat. "Hm, I think I've seen him once, at the bar when my Hyrem was playing with all these Eevee and Shinx instead of me... He was with a woman, and she really creeped me out."

Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: Icarus had to give another nervous chuckle when Hedwig shared things from Marvolo's point of view. "Eheh, well, I do know Sky Drop, so he probably thought that was what I did to her, but I don't think it was anything that drastic, ehehe..." She then pointed out that Delilah was Hebenon's girlfriend and that he was quite protective of her. "Nah, she's fine, I don't mess with her at all," he cawed. "She's really nice, actually, like whenever she finds an empty soda can while swimming somewhere, she'll bring it with her for me to eat! Mmm, good stuff! Soda cans are like candy to us Skarmory," he explained, "the aluminum tastes great to us, but too much of it can make us sick, or so I've heard." Suddenly, the Crobat saw trouble in the water, thankfully dispelled by Hebenon and Delilah, but she warned Mia about Pisces all the same. "Oh, okay..." she chirped nervously. After what she just saw Pisces try to do and with some of her own teammates having attempted to make a meal out of her, she figured that was another Pokemon she should stay away from. They soon flew close enough towards the other side and saw Hyrem talking with someone, along with a Combusken and a Dusclops. "All right, we made it back! Let's go see what the gang's up to!" cawed Icarus.

"Okay~" Mia chirped before calling out to Hyrem with a, "Taiii taillow!"

"Skaaa!" added Icarus.

Hyrem, Charm, etc., Amelia, Icarus, Hedwig: "Hm? Oh, hey you two!" he replied back, waiting for the two birds to come in for a landing before letting Mia perch on his shoulder and giving Icarus enough room to land beside him. "And Hedwig too? Nice to see you again!" he greeted Keith's Crobat. "Oh, Charm, these two are also mine; meet Icarus and Mia!" The two birds chirped and squawked greetings to the other trainer as well as Don and Apollo and introduced themselves accordingly.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: Riff was in full panic mode, he had no idea what to do. If only Charm was there to save him. He was just about to cry when suddenly several psychic waves came around his predator and forced him to let go. The Corphish sighed with relief. The caster of this attack, a Qwilfish came forward and scolded the Basculin before telling him to return to some Ginny.

Riff whimpered as he rubbed the bitten area. He felt completely useless. No wonder Don always chastised him, he's of no use to anyone unless Charm is giving him commands. A Lanturn approached him, asking if he was okay. "Riff.. is okay," the Corphish answered with a sniff. He was too gentle-hearted to hold any aggression, and he already forgot the one who bit him by the time Manasseh turned back to him, asking if he'll go back to swimming. "No," he merely replies before eyeing the Qwilfish who saved him. He turns to the puffer fish, eyes lit up with gratitude. "Riff owes you his life! Thank you!" He pauses, before continuing, "Is there anything Riff can do for you? Anything!"

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Don, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: Vi chirped in awe as Apollo made his entrance, complimenting the Combusken and telling him how she wishes to be a strong Combusken one day as well. "Hehe, thank you," he chirped nervously, losing his composure for a moment. He wasn't used to this kind of flattery. The Venipede interrupted with a sly comment, which the Torchic embarrassingly comments back at before turning to Peeves to accept a compliment and finally introducing herself to Apollo. "The name's Apollo," he said with an easy smile, "but I'm just a Combusken, one day I'll evolve into a Blaziken and then I'll truly be able to protect Charm." "Just a Combusken?" Don butts in with Murkrow tongue so the humans couldn't understand him. "You're the undisputed star of the team," he crows, a hint of sarcasm ringing in his words. "Easy now, Don," the Combusken says with a modest laugh.

Don also overheard Aisa comment on Peeves' trainer with some creepy girl. "Who is this creppy woman at the bar with Keith?" Don asked, back in English, with some mild interest. "Hm?" Charm remarks, confused by what was brought up, before looking up and seeing three Pokemon fly towards them.

They land themselves before the group, a Taillow, Skarmory, and Crobat. Hyrem introduces the Taillow and Skarmory as two of his own, Amelia and Icarus. Apollo waved his hand in greeting, as Charm smiled at the sight of them. "This Crobat looks incredibly well trained, who does he belong to?" he asks. Don takes a look at the Taillow before commenting, "Hmph. She is no Rukia," blushing slightly at the mention of the Swellow's name. Apollo quickly glares at the Murkrow, as Charm has done previously, causing Don to stir uncomfortably, "Pardons. Your Pokemon look wonderful, Monsier Hyrem," he crows, leaving a slight smirk. "Sorry about him. Rukia is my Swellow, and he quite fancies her," Charm apologizes to the group. "True love cannot be described with a mere 'fancy', Monsier Charm," Don says proudly, his French accent thickening. "Oh, my mistake," Charm laughs.

Suddenly, Gilan leaps to Charm's side, carefully looking at the new arrivals to the group and standing protectively over Charm. "Woah, don't worry Gilan, these are our friends," Charm says, caught off guard. "This is the Absol I was talking about, say hello, Gilan!" The Absol relaxes back, looking relieved, before barking a greeting with a friendly smile. "What's wrong, Gilan?" Apollo asked. "I.. thought Charm was in trouble," he answers, looking out of breath from all the running. "Don't worry, we're in a safe place. You can relax here. If anything happens, we're here to protect him. Right, Don?" the Combusken squawks. "Right..." Don answers hesitantly.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: Following the ordeal with Pisces, Delilah had a brief conversation with the Horsea, which Hebenon was mildly surprised to find out was in fact on his girlfriend's team. As Delilah expressed surprise that Pisces went for Riff first, with the Horsea being the easier of the two targets, Hebenon spoke up. "Pisces seems to think that she'll be thought of as weak if she goes right for the easy prey first. That Corphish's shell is pretty much the kind of challenge she likes. Plus, as she's informed me several times, she favors crunchy food," the Qwilfish finished with a mild look of disdain on his face. Then, once the Lanturn formally introduced the two Qwilfish to Manasseh, Hebenon replied, "Nice to meet you, Manasseh. I'm sorry to say, that blasted Basculin is one of my teammates, and I'd like to apologize for her behavior."

"Hi," smiled Hannah. She was tempted to ask the Horsea for a hug, but it wasn't hard for her to notice that the Horsea only had one fin, in back of him, not unlike herself. Therefore, Manasseh was clearly in no position to be hugging others.

After that, Delilah responded to Hebenon, thanking him for his congratulations for her evolution. As she commented that she thought her eyes in the Chinchou stage looked weird, Hebenon said, "Actually, I kinda thought they were cute." He smiled as he said this, remembering back when he and Delilah had first met, and had gone to get drinks, and how they just couldn't take their eyes off each other.

At that moment, the Corphish who Hebenon had saved from Pisces, apparently named Riff, swam up to Hebenon. He appeared to be highly grateful for the Qwilfish's help, even going so far as to claim that he owed his life to Hebenon. While this was true (hard as Riff's shell may be, Pisces had the persistence to keep at it until the shell was little more than an added crunch to her meal), Hebenon was not about to say so. A stubborn battler he was, but he was not arrogant. "You're too kind... Riff, you said?" said Hebenon. Riff then asked if there was anything he could do for Hebenon to repay him. At this, Hebenon thought of something- he had noticed how Hannah had noticed Manasseh's lack of appendages with which to hug, and so he said, "Actually, there is one thing... This here is my sister Hannah. Hannah, this is Riff."

"Hi, Riff!" smiled Hannah.

"Here's the thing," Hebenon added. "Hannah loves to be hugged, but what with those spikes, it's not often someone'll take her up on that. However, it's really not hard to stay clear of the spikes. Between that and your hard shell, I think you'll be alright. So, what I'm asking you to do is, maybe go and give her a hug?"

Hannah gave a small gasp as she turned to face Riff. "Oh, would you?" she asked, sounding just as excited as she looked.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Don, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: Peeves said nothing as Vi seemed to involuntarily lapse into fangirl mode, nor when Aisa called her out on it. However, when the Venipede made a passing mention of having seen Keith with a creepy woman in the bar, the Murkrow spoke up, in English, asking what that was all about. On top of it all, Charm had even heard the Murkrow, and thus was likely to want to press the topic. The Dusclops spoke up in response.

"The creepy woman Aisa here mentioned was Keith's girlfriend, Coselle," he explained. "And believe me, this is far from the first time she's been referred to as creepy. Even Keith's picked up on that, though I get the feeling that's kind of a part of what he likes about her." He paused for a moment, to think how best to word what he would say next. "Unfortunately, she's gone now," he added. "I'd go into more detail, but to be perfectly honest, it's a very long, very complicated story, which would invariably lead to another long, complicated story, both of which would require me to reveal some personal details about their relationship, and Keith feels that Coselle would not have wanted these details revealed." The Dusclops sighed, recalling how the news of Coselle's memory erasure had affected Keith. Obviously, learning that the woman he so dearly loved was made to completely forget about their entire relationship was about as far from good news as it was possible to get, but Keith really hadn't taken it well at all. He seemed to take the blow well enough at first, but upon his return to the bar, he had gone to a dark, secluded corner of the bar, taken the Chespin doll Coselle had made for him for Valentine's Day, held it close to him, and spent the next six hours or so just crying his eyes out.

Peeves was then distracted from his thoughts by the arrival of Icarus, Amelia, and Hedwig. The Crobat gave a single nod in recognition of Hyrem as he greeted her, and betrayed a small, brief smile as Charm stated that she looked extremely well-trained, and asked who she belonged to (though referred to her as a "he", earning him a glare from the Crobat).

"Hedwig is actually female," Peeves corrected him, "and she's one of my teammates. One of the strongest Pokémon on the team, in fact. Keith has five Pokémon in particular that are more or less tied for the strongest on the team- Hedwig here, of course, and there's Gemini, the Weezing I mentioned earlier. In addition to those, there's Hebenon, a Qwilfish, there's James, a Vileplume, and there's Nagini, an Arbok."
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 3rd August 2013 at 3:51 AM. Reason: Editing out Norbert- the trade in which I got him took place chronologically after this.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

OOC: May as well continue 1 storyline.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: Riff listened on as his savior gave his request. He then turns to the Qwilfish's sister, Hannah, who seemed very excited to have a chance to hug someone. "Okay," the Corphish blankly says without a second thought.

With his 'order' given, Riff instinctively shines for a brief moment, the glow Hardening his shell for hugging purposes. A move such as this may have been helpful during the attack, and yet Riff nonchalantly swims over to Hannah. "Riff hug!" he says, raising his arms towards the Qwilfish.

Delilah, Manasseh, Riff, Pisces, Hebenon, Hannah: Thanks to Hebenon, Riff was saved from being snacked on by Pisces, and Delilah and Manasseh were glad to see he was okay. And while Manasseh would have been an easy snack for Pisces, she favored a challenge... and she favored crunchy food. ...Remind me, reader, to bring a Krabby next time I meet her, 'kay? Anyway, The Corphish then wanted a way to repay Hebenon; normally, he wasn't one to ask for any favors, but perhaps his shell would keep him from getting hurt if he hugged Hannah? Riff was certainly fine with it, and Delilah smiled at what would certainly become an adorable moment. Meanwhile, it was revealed to Manasseh that Pisces was Hebenon's teammate. "Oh, really? Yes, well... I-I guess I'll just hope you're around if she tries to... ulp, you know," he said nervously. "Aw, it's fine, just stick close to us, and you'll be safe!" Delilah spoke up, this time actually providing some comfort to the little Horsea. Hebenon also revealed that he liked Delilah's eyes as a Chinchou and thought they were cute, not weird. "Aw, stop, you're just saying that!" she giggled while blushing and pulsing her lure.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Icarus, Amelia, Charm, Apollo, Don, Gilan, Peeves, Ruby, Hedwig: All the flattery Vi was giving Apollo threw him off a little, and Don threw in the comment about how he was Charm's ace Pokemon, though the Combusken didn't think so, at least not until he became a Blaziken. "Oh yeah, I plan on growing all the way to a Blaziken too! Then I'll really be able to wreck stuff!" "You plan on evolving too, Apollo?" Sera chimed in. "I have heard Blaziken are very powerful warriors, especially now there are rumors of an untapped power inside them. Of course, if my evolved form is revealed to have a similar power, I would welcome it, but I have my doubts." Then Coselle was brought up, with Peeves explaining the gist of the story. Now that Minerva was a Banette again, it was best not to reveal too much detail, though Hyrem knew more than most people, mainly because he could be trusted enough to keep such secrets.

As the three Flying-types landed, they were well-received, though Don considered Mia to be a bit lackluster compared to a Swellow he had more than "fancies" on. "Oh reeeeally~?" Icarus cawed in a teasing manner. "You'll have to show her to me sometime, I bet we'll be great friends in no time!" He didn't mean anything serious by it, but he figured it would get a rise out of the Murkrow nonetheless. Meanwhile, Mia kept chirping and nipping at Hyrem's ear, this being a telltale sign she was hungry and wanted her trainer to give her something. "What, you want to eat something? Okay, let me get something then..." He had to reach for a berry in his pack, which resulted in Aisa being held by only one arm. This allowed her to rock herself back and forth until her tiny legs found his chest, crawled down his body and snatched the handful of berries he had just gotten out for Mia, crushing them in her mouth before downing all the fruit in one gulp! "Aisa!" he yelled at his Venipede. "I was getting those for Mia, not you! You need to stop trying to put yourself in the center of attention, I do have other Pokemon, you know!" She looked away crestfallen as Hyrem grabbed another handful of berries and presented them to the Taillow on his shoulder. "Tai tai!" she chirped happily as she grabbed each berry with her beak, one by one, and swallowed each delicious berry until she had eaten four berries and was satisfied for now.

Then an Absol bounded over to Charm and placed himself in front of Hyrem and the others, as if he was trying to protect his trainer. Charm then put Gilan at ease, and he became friendlier toward the others. "Heh, hi there, Gilan!" Hyrem smiled at the sphinx, extending a hand wondering what he would do as he tried to pet him. "Nice to meet you!"

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff:
    See above ^.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Don, Peeves, Gilan, Rukia, Ruby, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: Vi continued on her conversation with Apollo about their evolution line, stating how she too would like to become a Blaziken someday while Sera mentioned some sort of untapped power that may be in them. The Combusken modestly shrugged, "I'm not chasing after power, so long as I have enough to protect my trainer and teammates," he chirped with a soft laugh.

Afterwards Peeves briefly explained the creepy woman as Keith's girlfriend, Coselle, though the relationship seems to be complicated and over for the most part. "Oh, no worries. I understand... sort of, I think," Charm awkwardly said, "I never had a girlfriend, so I wouldn't truly know." Peeves then mentioned how the Crobat, Hedwig, was actually a female and that threw Charm off. "Oh dear... I'm so sorry," he said in utter embarrassment, not meaning to insult the Pokemon.

Meanwhile, Icarus found Don's fancying for a certain Swellow quite amusing, and decided to tease him for it. The Murkrow fell for the teasing, and begun to get annoyed, "Oh ho ho, my sweet Rukia has no time to waste on the likes of you," he said in Murkrow language so the trainers wouldn't understand yet again. Mia then gave the signs to her trainer that she was hungry, and so Hyrem took out berries for her only to have them nabbed by Aisa, who seems desperate for her trainer's attention. After a quick scolding, Mia was given a new set of berries which she happily ate. Charm looked over and couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor Whirlipede, "Aww, I think it's nice that she wants your attention."

Soon after Gilan eased up, Hyrem gave a friendly greeting to the Absol before reaching out a hand to pet him. Gilan looked uncertainly at his trainer, though Charm simply nodded and the Absol instinctively tilted his head around, making it easier for Hyrem to avoid his head scythe as the trainer came in to pet him.

Don all the while seemed rather quiet, but soon he finally spoke, "Hmm, how about all of us fliers go take a quick flight around the park? A stroll, so to say. How about it? Is that okay with you, Monsieur Hyrem and Charm?" he crows to the trainers. "Sure, I'm okay with it," Charm replied, "and I'll let Rukia come along too, she could use some fresh air." He pulls out another Pokeball, chucking it high into the air before a oddly-colored Swellow beams out of it. A black and red Rukia skillfully descends towards the group, landing on Charm's arm which he held out in front of him. "Hey Rukia, how about you go on a quick flying stroll with these fellas?" he then leans in to whisper so as Don doesn't hear, "And keep an eye on Don, we can't have him doing something insane." The Swellow chirped her approval, as Don begun his smooth moves. "Bonjour Rukia. Lovely day we have here~" Rukia was taken slightly aback by the approach, shyly ascending herself into the air with a few flaps, but not before chirping a soft and brief greeting to everyone. "Pardon Rukia," Don said, not at all bothered by the semi-rejection, "She's quite shy around new people, and she's not yet ready to accept my love, but one day it will happen," he said with determination in his eyes. "So how about it," he then turned to Mia, Icarus, and Hedwig with a grin, "Shall we fly?"
    Last edited by Charminions; 12th October 2013 at 5:25 PM. Reason: Mixed up Icarus and Mia in my head ^_^

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Pisces, Hannah, Riff: Riff wasted no time in obliging to Hebenon's request, though he made sure to Harden beforehand as a precaution. However, the precaution turned out to be wholly unnecessary- just as the male Qwilfish had said, it was not difficult at all to avoid Hannah's spikes, and the hug was painless. Once it was over, the female Qwilfish looked thrilled. "Yay! Thank you, Riff!" she smiled. "You're really nice," she added.

Hebenon also smiled, always happy to see his little sister happy, though he focused his attention back on Delilah and Manasseh, as the Horsea expressed a hope that Hebenon was around should he ever have the profound misfortune of happening upon Pisces again. Delilah reassured the Horsea that he needed only to stick with them to be safe, which seemed to comfort him.

It was around then that Hebenon had commented on how he had thought that Delilah's plus eyes as a Chinchou were cute, and she blushed in response, pulsing her lure and giggling a bit, claiming that Hebenon was just saying that. "I really meant it," Hebenon replied with a small smile, and found himself almost mesmerized by the Lanturn's lure. "...Anyway, Manasseh, sorry again about Pisces," he added, managing to turn to face the Horsea. "Rest assured, my trainer always has one of his other Pokémon keeping an eye on her. It's usually either me or Ginny- she's a Pawniard. For some reason, she's the only one who really and truly has that Basculin's complete respect. Pisces will even take orders from her. The only other one she takes orders from is, of course, my trainer. Anyway, odds are you won't have anything to really worry about from Pisces."

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Don, Peeves, Gilan, Rukia, Ruby, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Aquarius: Peeves tilted his head slightly as Sera chimed in on the conversation, mentioning a mysterious power rumored to be recently discovered within Blaziken. "Chuck was just telling me something like that the other day," the Dusclops said to Sera, though in Dusclops language. "Supposedly a number of Pokémon have some sort of strange, untapped power within them, and he's heard rumors that there may be a means of unlocking said power, albeit not through evolution. At least, not in the traditional sense, he claims. I don't know what to make of it, honestly, though among the Pokémon he's mentioned to have this kind of power, he mentioned Houndoom, Banette, Blaziken, and Gardevoir. I don't mean to get your hopes up should this turn out to be nothing, though," he added, "I'm merely passing on what he told me."

Charm claimed to understand the situation with Keith and Coselle... sort of. Having never had a girlfriend, he wouldn't truly know. "It's alright," Peeves responded, switching back to English. "It's not exactly a subject we talk about all that often these days, anyway. Easiest way to bring down Keith's mood right there... he really misses her."

At that moment, Peeves corrected Charm's mistake about Hedwig's gender, and the trainer promptly apologized for his mistake. Hedwig's glare softened noticeably in response, though she said nothing to him, merely giving a curt nod of approval. After this, Icarus's teasing in regards to Rukia worked on Don, who snippily replied that she had no time for the likes of the Skarmory. Hedwig rolled her eyes, both at Icarus's teasing, and how easily it affected Don. Then, the Murkrow suggested they all fly around together for a while. The trainers had no trouble with it, and Charm even brought out Rukia, his Swellow, which, Hedwig was somewhat surprised to learn, was of an unusual coloration- black and red. Don made a move on her, which she responded to by flapping her wings and taking to the sky. This did not deter the Murkrow, however, who merely asked Hedwig, Icarus, and Mia if they were ready to fly.

Hedwig flapped her four wings and took off in total silence- an ability she prided herself on. As she rose into the air, she found herself level with Rukia. "Hey, there," the Crobat said to her. "Name's Hedwig."

Meanwhile, a decidedly unexpected and unusual sight came walking up to the group; a Tentacool, walking on her tentacles. "Hi, Peeves," she greeted the Dusclops happily. "Hi, Ruby," she added, prompting the Houndour to happily bark back in response. "Hi, Hedwig!" she called up to the Crobat. Then, the Tentacool glanced around at the unfamiliar (to her) humans and other Pokémon. "I don't think I've met any of you, though," she added, before walking on her tentacles over to where Sera, Vi, and Apollo were. "Hello," the Tentacool greeted them. "My name's Aquarius, who might you three be?"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff: Manasseh felt even more relieved now that he knew Hebenon and a Pawniard named Ginny were keeping tabs on Pisces. "Heh, I guess it really is like I said: as long as you're around, I should be fine!" he squeaked. Meanwhile, Delilah knew Hebenon's comment about her eyes as a Chinchou was sincere, but she blushed from the flattery nonetheless, which didn't go unnoticed by Manasseh. "Haha, you're blushing quite a bit, more than someone normally would! Does this mean..."

"Yes, it does," said Delilah, knowing exactly what he implied about her and Hebenon. "And I don't mind it being so obvious." She then began swimming around Hebenon in a sort of... uh, fish dance, yeah, let's call it that! As her lure pulsed all sorts of signals, Manasseh began to be entranced by the light and stayed there motionless. "Ooo, pretty light~" He made no effort to swim towards it, yet it was the only thing he could think about at the moment. Obviously, with some time and training, he would learn how to avoid being hypnotized by the lure of a Lanturn, but for now he was content with just sitting there and enjoying the light show.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Don, Peeves, Gilan, Rukia, Ruby, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Aquarius: It seemed Apollo didn't care for too much power, just enough to protect his friends. "I admire that about you," Sera nodded with a polite smile, "and I agree with your sentiments. If such a power is deemed necessary for me to serve and protect my friends, I will seek after it. Until that time comes, I feel the power I have now is sufficient." "Aw, come on! You've gotta be at least curious of this cool new power boost they're talking about, right?" Vi asked. "Being curious about something and actively seeking after it are two completely different things, Vi," Sera clarified. "While I am indeed interested, I don't wish to look around for it. Besides, they have only discovered it in Kalos, there is no indication such power could be in this continent at all." Then a Tentacool, of all things, approached them, walking on dry land! She introduced herself as Aquarius, and Sera was the first to greet her: "Yes, well, my name is Sera, this Torchic is my teammate, Vi, and this Combusken is Apollo. Although I must ask... how are you able to walk on dry land? I thought Tentacool were bound to the water..." "Yeah, that's pretty weird. And I've seen weird from the others on my team."

As Icarus expected, Don was sufficiently provoked by his little jab and snickered. "Hehe, I'm just kidding. I'm probably going to end up with someone bigger than a Swellow, so you should be fine, though I'll admit I've met a few good-looking birds about that size." Then Don wished for the Flying-types to all fly around together. Charm even brought out Rukia, a Swellow who looked a darker shade of black than most Swellow would usually have. Mia chirped in awe at the sight of her evolved form: "Oooo, pwetty~" "Heh, like I said, there are a few good-looking birds about that size..." Icarus nodded. "Sure, not a problem!" Hyrem replied to Don. "Just keep an eye on Mia for me, will you? She tends to wander into trouble a lot." Icarus rolled his eyes at this, knowing just how true this was, but at least the Taillow seemed interested in Rukia for the moment. "Hi thew~" she chirped as she flew up toward the darker colored bird. "My name's Mia, what's youws?"

Soon after they left, Hyrem was able to pet Gilan, who courteously moved his head scythe out of the way so it wouldn't cut his hand. While petting Gilan's forehead, he had a chance to talk with Charm about Aisa, who stole Mia's berries earlier and wanted attention. "Sure, it's nice until she steals stuff from your backpack, gunks up your hair, and nips at your feet! Thing is, I wish she learned she doesn't have to do all that; if she just waits her turn I'm all for giving her some attention. Riiight, Aisa?" The Venipede didn't answer; instead, she gave a strange moan out of her ordinary chittering. "Well what's that about? Did you eat too much food? See, those berries you stole are coming back to get ya!" Again, no response, just moaning. "Oh well, at least you're Poison-type, so you can't get food poisoning."

Ah, but that wasn't what was happening! Aisa moaned louder and louder... until her body started to glow! While it glowed, she curled into a ball and started changing from there into a bigger Pokemon, reaching to about three times her original size before she stopped glowing and revealed a purple ball with horns on the front and back of her, dark purple rings decorating her shell and her eyes right in the middle on each side of her body. "Huh, so that's why you've been eating so much lately, you were getting ready to evolve!" said Hyrem before pulling out his Pokedex to register Aisa's new form:

Whirlipede, the Curlipede Pokemon, and the evolved form of Venipede. Whirlipede tend to live sedentary as they store the energy to evolve again. Should they be attacked, however, they can spin their bodies like a wheel and run over the foe at a high speed or stab them with poisonous spikes on the front and back of them. Despite it being a cocoon stage, they can still eat by uncurling themselves, but they mostly scavenge off of carcasses they find as they roll around.

"Whirrrlipede!" Aisa cried out as she must've tried to walk but ended up rolling upside-down. "Aw, you okay, Aisa?" Hyrem asked, feeling bad for her trying to adjust to her new form. She blushed and made a happy face (that's what I'm assuming she did, hard to tell with a Whirlipede) before allowing him to help her right herself. "Wow, had I known you needed that food to evolve, I would've helped you out, you should've told me! But yeah, sorry I yelled at you earlier. You okay now?" Aisa then did her best as a Whirlipede to "hug" Hyrem... which entailed her rolling onto him with her whole body before rolling off him. Hyrem simply laid there to catch his breath before going back to petting Gilan.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff: The Corphish proceeded to wrap his arms around the Qwilfish, not feeling an ounce of pain as they embraced. As they disconnected, Hannah thanked him for the hug, also the kindness of the Corphish for accepting to fulfill her request. The faintest touches of a blush showed across the red lobster's face as he passively shrugged with a grin.

Hebenon also smiled to see his sister happy, before turning his attention back to Delilah- complimenting her former form's eyes as she blushed away before explaining to Manasseh that Pisces would no long be a threat while he's around. Manasseh seemed eased with this knowledge, as Delilah proceeded to put on a fish dance of sorts. Her bright head light putting on a dazzling display that distracted not only Manasseh but Riff as well. "Ooo, pretty light," he chimes in with the Horsea, though he can't help but be hypnotized by it. He proceeds to swim closer and closer towards the light, fully mesmerized by it, and threatening to hinder what could have been a romantic dance. "Liiiight," he inches towards the couple.

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: Rukia received a rather warm welcome from the group, looking over them with slight uneasiness at the vastness of the party. She then looks beside her to see Hedwig flying level with her- almost out of thin air. She casually greets the Swellow. "Um... hello," she chirps, attempting to stay relaxed as the sudden appearance of the Crobat threw her off.

Icarus and Mia seemed rather impressed as well. The Taillow flew up to her evolved form, greeting herself as Mia before asking for the Swellow's name. Rukia felt a lot easier seeing a member of her species, and one so innocent and young. "Hello Mia, my name is Rukia," she replies before giving an attempt at a smile. "Ready to leave, mon amour?" Don casually flies by, to which Rukia merely nods. With that decided, the flock of Flying-types took off to the skies.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius: A new visitor came along soon after the fliers left, this one being a Tentacool who could somehow stand and walk on land with her two tentacles. "Well, that's quite a sight," Apollo chirped as the Tentacool introduced herself as Aquarius. Apollo gave a nod as Sera introduced everyone. "Nice to meet you," he says as Sera asked her about her mobility, "and yeah, that ability is certainly something I've never seen before."

Meanwhile, Hyrem proceeded to pet Gilan as he spoke with Charm. He stated how Aisa doesn't need to seek extra attention and that she would get her fair share. The Venipede didn't answer, giving a moan instead which concerned her trainer. "Um, is she okay?" Charm asks as Hyrem blamed it on the food she stole.

The moaning just gets louder, however, and soon she begins to glow. Her shape begins to change as she curls into a ball and enlarges. The glowing soon stops, leaving behind a horned purple ball- a Whirlipede. The sight of the evolution surely surprised Charm as he went on to congratulate her. "Congrats on your evolution, Aisa!" he said as Gilan howled a simple, "Congratulations." The Whirlipede proceeded to hug her trainer the best way she possibly could, as Hyrem caught his breath before returning back to petting Gilan. "It's your first time seeing an evolution, eh Gilan?" Charm said. The Absol nodded in silence, not at all sure how to register what he saw. "There's many things you haven't seen, but it's okay, buddy. This world is full of amazing things," he said in awe before laying his head back against the soft grass, looking up into the bright sky as the flock flew farther and farther away.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff: Hebenon nodded as Manasseh accepted it as fact that he'd be in no danger from Pisces provided he and Delilah were around. And then, the Horsea pointed out how Delilah was blushing, and started to ask what it meant, but the Lanturn cut him off, having anticipated exactly what he was getting at, and confirming it, which made Hebenon smile. Then, Delilah started to do a sort of underwater dance around Hebenon, and the Qwilfish happily joined in. Though he was at a high enough level to not be helplessly hypnotized by the beautiful light of a Lanturn's lure, he was more than willing to allow himself to fall under Delilah's spell.

Meanwhile, Riff blushed in response to Hannah telling him how kind he was, but then the Corphish found himself caught up by Delilah's lure. And unlike Manasseh, Riff didn't seem to be able to stop himself. Very quickly, Hannah realized that he was going to end up interrupting what was supposed to be a beautiful romantic moment between Hebenon and Delilah. She swam after Riff, intent on stopping him, but with no appendages other than her tail, it wasn't likely that she'd be able to impede his progress without hurting him with her spikes, which she did not want to do. Instead, thinking quickly, the female Qwilfish concentrated, intent on creating a mild Whirlpool around Riff- not nearly enough to cause any sort of damage, but hopefully sufficient to turn him around and maybe even snap him out of it. At least, that was the theory. Would it work as planned? Only time would tell.

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: The unusually-colored Swellow seemed a bit uneasy at meeting so many Flying-types. Particularly Hedwig, likely due to how silent her wings always were. However, she seemed more relaxed around Amelia, a member of her own species. As Don asked whether she was ready to leave, Rukia nodded, and with that, they were off. Hedwig kept up with the rest of them- had they any sort of set destination, she'd be taking the lead, but as this was to be more of a leisurely flight, she decided to let the others decide which way to go, and she'd just follow.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius: Back on the ground, Aisa created a minor distraction by evolving into a Whirlipede. "Hmm," Peeves remarked. "Congratulations, Hyrem," he said. "I- Ruby, what is it?" he added, for at that moment, the Houndour was sniffing curiously around Hyrem. In response, she gave a few short barks at Peeves, who nodded and addressed Hyrem again. "Hyrem, you mentioned you hatched a Houndour, right? Because Ruby says she smells another of her kind."

Meanwhile, Sera, Vi, and Apollo were somewhat intrigued by Aquarius, given that she was a Tentacool on dry land. Sera asked how she was able to be on land, stating that she was under the impression that her species was restricted to the water. "I know," replied Aquarius. "Originally, I was only able to be in the water, too- and I like being in the water- the thing is, I know there's much more to the world than just what's in the water, and I don't want to miss out on anything, you know? So, before my previous trainer traded me to Keith, I started to teach myself to walk on my tentacles like this. It wasn't easy at all, but I'm glad I kept at it. The only problem is," she added, as her body started to gradually take on a decidedly drier appearance, "I kinda have to keep myself hydrated, or I'll dry up pretty quickly... Hold on a second," she stated, as she closed her eyes and focused. Her ruby-like protrusions flashed a brilliant blue for a moment, and due to her Surf, a very small wave of water rose up out of the nearby lake and crashed down on the Tentacool. "Ahh," sighed Aquarius, now looking much healthier. "Much better- oh, I didn't get any of you wet, did I?" she added in concern. "Sorry if I did- until I can think of a better way, this is what I gotta do every few hours. Anyway... Sera, Vi, Apollo, it's nice to meet you all," she said politely.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff: It seemed that Manasseh wasn't the only one entranced by Delilah's lure: Riff seemed to fare no better against the spell, though unlike Manasseh, who actually started falling asleep from the hypnotizing light (huh??), the Corphish was actually swimming towards her and Hebenon. As Hebenon joined in the dance, Delilah glanced over at the Corphish coming towards them but saw Hannah hard at work trying to keep him from interrupting the scene. For now, she would ignore Riff's antics, but she kept the plan of using her own Whirlpool attack in the back of her mind in case Hannah's didn't work.

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: Rukia was well received among the Flying Pokemon, though she felt nervous around Hedwig. Mia's face helped her become more comfortable. "Pleased to meet you, miss!" squawked the Skarmory next to Mia. "Name's Icarus, at your service!" He then bowed and gave a quick wink at her, though he didn't mean much by it. "Well, I guess we're ready, Don! Now stick close to us this time, kay Mia? I've had enough close calls involving you for one day." "Okay~" Mia chirped. "I wanna tawk with Wukia anyway!" she said as they all set off to fly around wherever the wind took them.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Silas, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius: It seemed Apollo wondered as much as Sera did how Aquarius was able to travel on land, and Aquarius explained that she could walk with her tentacles, but needed to keep herself hydrated as demonstrated by her Surf attack splashing on her... and accidentally on Vi. After Aquarius asked if she got anyone else wet, Vi chirped in with a sarcastic, "No, no, I'm not wet at all, see?" before shaking herself free of the droplets on her down, the end result being a fluffy Torchic. Aisa snickered at the sight in a way that hit a nerve with the tomboyish Torchic. "Oh shut up, stupid wheel bug! If you ask me, you look way more ridiculous than I do right now!" "Oh really?" Aisa asked in a teasing manner. "Well, I'm not the one who just lost a few feathers from that spat~" "Huh? AH!" Vi looked down to find quite a few feathers on the ground; all that ruffling she did caused much of her down to come loose, she looked even more of a mess than she did before! "Hey, you made me do that!" Vi chirped angrily at Aisa.

"Yeah, not my fault some dumb Fire-type is losing their temper."
    "Okay, that's it! You wanna see just how badly a Fire-type can kick your butt!?"
    "Not really, though I'd like to see something a third of my size try it!"
    "Oh, you asked for it! Flame Charge!!" And then, after stomping her feet enough times, she wreathed herself in a fireball, then ran at the Whirlipede head on.
    "You may have the type advantage, but I'm still stronger than you and can stop you in your tracks! Iron Defense!!" Vi's attack hit dead-on, but Aisa's raised Defense indeed kept the damage minimal and made it so it was like Vi ran into a brick wall, knocking her back a bit, though she was just getting started. "Hey guys, come on, stop fighting!" Hyrem called out to his Pokemon, but both of them ignored him and continued the battle. Vi tried a barrage of Peck attacks next, but though they were also super effective, they were nothing more than scratches on the Whirlipede's carapace. "Okay, let's try a ranged attack! Ember!!" As the small bursts of flame shot towards Aisa, she barely flinched. "Nice try, birdbrain... Protect!!" A green energy shield emerged in front of Aisa, blocking all of the Embers, so not a single one damaged her.

"Are you done now?" Aisa asked Vi. "Let me answer that for you: yes! It's my turn now!" Vi may have jumped back to use her Ember, but she was still close enough for Aisa's next attack as she spun her body around like a spinning coin. "This should do more to you since you got a Speed boost earlier: Gyro Ball!!" The Steel-type attack scored a direct hit and it did do more damage since Vi was faster than Aisa, though it was mitigated by the typing. "And now Rollout!!" This time, the Whirlipede's body spun like a wheel towards Vi, and though she barely missed making full contact with the speedy Torchic, she still sent Vi flying back. "Aisa, stop it!" Hyrem ordered. "This is getting out of hand, you two!" Normally, Aisa would listen, but she wasn't done with Vi yet, not until she sufficiently put her in her place.

Meanwhile, Vi had gotten up, though she was still looking a little tired. Nothing's working! she thought to herself. I should be good against bugs, but now that she's evolved, her defense is just too good! Come on, Vi, focus! Focus Energy!! The chick began to temper her spirit and took deep breaths. A fiery spirit... and a fighting spirit like none other. Her pride was on the line, she couldn't lose now! As she continued to focus, she didn't realize it, but she was starting to change... Well, how about this, another glow! This time, it involved the Pokemon in question getting taller, her legs stockier now, a longer crest... and arms! The glowing stopped to reveal a yellow chicken with orange thighs and crest feathers. She looked just like Apollo now, though shorter. "Wow, didn't see that coming!" said Hyrem as he got out his trusty Pokedex once again:

Combusken, the Young Fowl Pokemon. By running ten miles a day, it strengthens its legs enough to perform ten powerful kicks in one second. This in addition to the flames it can spew from its beak and the shrill cries it uses for intimidation make it a formidable fighter, spirited enough to keep attacking until the opponent gives up.

"Okay, here comes the beatdown!" Vi called out to Aisa in a slightly deeper voice than when she was a Torchic. "Flame Charge!!" Kicking up more dust as she stomped the ground, she dashed forward in a bigger flame than before. "Prote-" Aisa didn't get to finish that, Vi's attack had already reached the target! Nngh, she's fast! Aisa thought as she could actually feel the attack hit her this time. And how is she dealing more damage than she did before!? "Hah, I got you now! Double Kick, Peck!!" A flurry of attacks came from Vi with much more speed and power than before. All Aisa could do was Iron Defense to keep her from taking too much damage. "Okay, now for the finish! Flame Charge!!" "Poison Tail!!"

"That is enough!" Sera warped in and stopped both of her younger teammates with her Psychic power, holding them in place dumbfounded. "It is over now. Both of you have proved your points. Now either you two will resolve this peacefully, or you will answer to me." Vi and Aisa could both see they had no choice but to respect the wishes of their leading teammate. "Tch, fine," Vi clucked tersely. "Whatever," said Aisa. "Not like I was interested in fighting her anyway, she started it- AHHH OKAY, I'M SORRY!" she screamed as Sera momentarily lifted her slightly off the ground before setting her back down and letting both of them go. "Whew, thanks Sera!" said Hyrem before he turned his attention to Aisa. "I think you've had enough exercise, so it's back to your ball for you! Return!" Aisa grumbled as she was sucked back into her Pokeball, then sent over to the PC as a "timeout". "Hey Vi, congrats on evolving, can't believe I had two evolutions happen today!" he said to Vi, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Wait, what is he..." Aaaaand all of a sudden it hit her what just happened! "I... I did it!?" she squawked excitedly. "Oh my GOSH I DID IT!! I TOTALLY EVOLVED!! Apollo, look! I'm a Combusken now! AND I HAVE ARMS, AAAAA~"

Hyrem laughed at how excited Vi was at evolving when he noticed a Houndour sniffing him. "Uh, hello, what do you want?" Peeves then explained that the puppy named Ruby, another Pokemon of Keith's, was smelling another Houndour, presumably Silas, the one he hatched recently. "Yeah, I did! Is that who you're smelling, huh?" He then put his hand out for Ruby to sniff further (or do whatever else she wanted to do with it), and maybe she would allow him to pet her too before he brought out his own hound.

Delilah, Manasseh, Hebenon, Hannah, Riff: "Liiiiiight~" the Corphish continued forward towards Delilah and Hebenon, not showing any signs of stopping. Hannah noticed this and formed a miniature Whirlpool around Riff. The Whirlpool seemed to momentarily disrupt Riff's progress, but the Corphish continued to plow through with little difficulty- his previously Hardened skin unexpectedly helping some in this instance. His eyes remain entranced by the Lanturn's light as he continues his way towards the dancing couple.

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig: The flock began their flight as Icarus introduced himself to the newly arrived Rukia, adding a wink for kicks which caused the Swellow to flush a little, "Oh, uhm... hello...". Don saw the quick exchange, slightly irritated by it though he kept his silence for now. Icarus then chided Mia to behave, though the Taillow seemed more interested in talking with Rukia anyway.

Rukia was maintaining a steady lead with the group as they flew. Not too close, but not too far from the rest- right where she felt most comfortable. Don in the mean time seemed pretty relaxed, though he gave Icarus a few disapproving looks every now and then. What fun.

Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Silas, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius: Aquarius explained to the group how he gained the ability to walk on land, though he stated that he needed constant hydration in order to do so. With that, he created a small Surf wave which splashed him... and Vi along with him. The Torchic didn't seem too happy about it, and she only became angrier as Aisa made fun of her. The tension between the two was rising so much to the point where a battle begun seemingly out of no where.

They exchanged blows as Hyrem yelled at them to stop, to no avail. Gilan looked over to Apollo, "Should we intervene?" he asked, but the Combusken shook his head. "It's not our fight, they need to hash it out." Charm was surprised to see a full on battle take place between team members, he never saw tensions between his own Pokemon rise to this point, though he remained respectful and watched in silence.

As the battle went on, Vi began to glow. Charm's eyebrows were raised as he witnessed a Torchic evolve for a second time. The glowing faded and left behind a newly evolved Combusken, though smaller in comparison to Apollo. The battle didn't seem to stop however, and Vi began to gain the upper-hand with her new-found strength. Right before their big finish, Sera halted both combatants with her Psychic power. She ordered for them to stop, or to answer to her- which seemed to work as both Pokemon agreed to end their duel. Hyrem thanked the Kirlia before returning Aisa back to her Pokeball as a timeout.

He then congratulated Vi on her evolution, which she didn't even notice until he mentioned it. This news excited her tremendously as she showed Apollo her new arms. "Congratulations, you're just like me now!" Apollo smiled, patting Vi lightly on the shoulder. "Congrats, yet again!" Charm said to Hyrem, "You're quite lucky with the evolutions today, huh?

OOC: Due to the fact that the storylines involving myself, Dave, and swampertforever haven't seen posts in the past five months, I am going to assume that they are not going to be resumed any time soon, and by extension, that my character and any of my Pokémon involved in them are no longer currently involved in those storylines. If I am mistaken, please let me know and I will be more than happy to amend this post to allow those storylines to continue. Thank you. Also, Charm, Aquarius is a female Tentacool, for future reference.

Delilah, Hebenon, Hannah, Manasseh, Riff, Dudley: Though Hannah's Whirlpool served to disrupt Riff's progress, this turned out to only be a temporary fix- the Corphish came out of it still just as mesmerized by the light as before. Hannah gave a small groan, not wanting Riff to disrupt her big brother's moment with Delilah, but also not wanting to have to resort to outright attacking the Corphish to snap him out of it.

And then, at that moment, it looked as though such measures just might not be necessary after all- for at that moment, something large and light purple slowly swam out in front of Riff- a Shiny Slowpoke, who seemed unaware of where he was, what he was doing, or who he was swimming past. At the moment, however, the speed (or lack thereof) at which he was swimming meant that Riff was going to have to stop or change direction if he continued at his current pace- Slowpoke were not exactly renowned for being fast swimmers, and Dudley was no exception.

"Oh! Hi, Dudley," Hannah smiled as she swam over to the Shiny Slowpoke. Just as she had hoped, the Water/Psychic-type stopped in place (which left him directly in Riff's path, and was hopefully also obscuring his view of the light) and fixed his vacant eyes on the female Qwilfish.

For five full seconds, Dudley said nothing. Then, he blinked. "Hey," he murmured. "Dudley know you. You name Hannah."

"Yep!" Hannah nodded, not at all perturbed by how long it had taken him to recall her name- it took him even longer to remember some of the longer names on the team, such as Salazar, Millicent, or Gemini, and she wasn't entirely convinced that he had yet learned Aquarius's name. "What'cha doing, Dudley?"

Another short pause before Dudley spoke up again. "Dudley swimming," the Slowpoke replied, sounding a little happier. "Dudley like swim." And only then did the Slowpoke seem to notice that there were other Pokémon around. He looked at the Corphish whose path he was blocking. "Dudley not know who you are," he stated.

"Dudley, this is Riff," Hannah said. "Riff, this is Dudley, one of my teammates."

Don, Rukia, Icarus, Amelia, Hedwig, Batrach: Meanwhile, up in the sky, the group of Flying-types had taken off. Hedwig smirked at how irritated Don looked at Icarus's exchange with Rukia, and flew next to the Murkrow.

"Little tip for you," Hedwig said. "I'd bet my lower wings Icarus is just doing that to get a reaction out of you. You know, kinda like the reaction you're giving him right now. After what my trainer's Seviper told me about him, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest." She paused for a moment, then opened her mouth to speak up again, but before she could, a sudden mass of grey feathers popped up in front of her.

"Hi, Hedwig!" the Pidove chirped cheerfully.

"Gah!" Hedwig exclaimed, stopping short. "Don't do that!" she snapped. When the Pidove looked unperturbed by this outburst, Hedwig gave a small sigh. "How's it going, Batrach?" she asked.

"Fine, just fine," Batrach replied. "I was just flying around, saw you guys, and thought I'd fly around with you. Who are all these?"

"This is Don," replied Hedwig, gesturing to the Murkrow with a wing. "The Swellow is Rukia, the Taillow is Amelia, and the Skarmory is Icarus."

"I see," replied the Pidove. "And who's this?" she added, with a glance at Don.

"...Like I said, that's Don," Hedwig said.

"...Oh, yeah. I knew that," Batrach replied. With that, she flew over to where Rukia and Amelia were. "Hi," Batrach greeted them. "My name's Batrach, who are you?"

"Don't take it personally," Hedwig added to Don. "Batrach is pretty much the picture of forgetfulness. My trainer has a Slowpoke better at remembering things than she is." The Crobat rolled her eyes in irritation.

Keith, Meowth, Salazar, Hyrem, Sera, Vi, Aisa, Silas, Charm, Apollo, Peeves, Gilan, Ruby, Aquarius: As it turned out, Aquarius's small Surf did splash one of them by accident- Vi shook loose a few droplets of water, and then this somehow led to the Torchic and the recently evolved Whirlipede getting into a fight, one so intense that they weren't even heeding Hyrem's orders to break it up. In fact, so intense was their brawl that Vi even evolved into a Combusken! Peeves was about to offer to use Psychic to break up the fight, when Sera beat him to the punch by doing just that. After Aisa had been withdrawn, Aquarius walked over to the newly evolved Fire/Fighting-type.

"Congratulations on evolving, Vi," the Tentacool smiled. "Also, I'm very sorry about splashing you." Then, she turned to face Sera, a look of admiration in the Water/Poison-type's eyes. "And Sera," she added, "may I just say that was amazing? You're clearly very strong and well-trained if you were able to break up that fight the way you did."

"Congrats on Vi evolving, Hyrem," Peeves said to Hyrem, as the trainer offered his hand to Ruby. The Houndour sniffed at his hand, gave a single affirmative yap in response to his question, then nudged at Hyrem's hand, trying to direct it to behind her ears, she just loved being scratched there.

At that moment, however, distant rapid footsteps could be heard. Peeves glanced in the direction from which they were coming. "Ah," he remarked. "Well, Charm, it looks like you'll be able to meet my Trainer today- here he comes now." Sure enough, as the source of the galloping sounds drew closer, it became clear that it was a large Scolipede, albeit not of the usual color of the species- this Scolipede was a dark shade of grey, like what one might see on a Shiny Charizard. Except the eyes- the Scolipede's eyes were blood-red, and between that and the grey body, it gave him a cool yet somewhat intimidating appearance.

And currently climbing down off the Scolipede's back was a 23-year-old man clad in a red and white sleeveless jacket over a black t-shirt, blue jeans, white sneakers, and what was perhaps his most distinctive feature, a large brown cowboy hat. A Meowth was sitting on his left shoulder, glancing at the Trainers and Pokémon they had approached.

"Hello, Keith," the Dusclops greeted this man.

"Hey, Peeves," Keith replied. And then, at the sound of her trainer's voice, Ruby dashed over to him, and jumped up and proceeded to lick him. Keith laughed at this. 'Ha ha, OK, down, Ruby," he managed to get out. Obediently, Ruby stopped, though her tail was still wagging. "I'm guessing Ruby's doing OK, then," he added to Peeves.

"You think?" the Dusclops replied.

Nodding his approval, Keith turned to the other two trainers. "Hey, Hyrem," Keith greeted one of them. "And... who might you be?" he added upon spotting Charm. "Name's Keith Masters, and as I'm sure you know by now, this is Peeves, my Dusclops, Ruby, my Houndour, and Aquarius, my Tentacool. Oh, and this is Salazar," he added, gesturing at the oddly colored Scolipede. "And this is Meowth," he said, gesturing to the Normal-type on his shoulder. "Now, I should probably tell you that-"

"-dat he can talk," Meowth finished the sentence, speaking in English.

"...Yeah, that," Keith sighed. He had hoped to get all the words out before Meowth had actually spoken up, but hopefully Charm wouldn't be too shocked by his talking Meowth. And then, at that moment, Ruby went back over to Hyrem and resumed trying to direct his hand to behind her ears.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 15th January 2014 at 7:29 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast