Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    lol? I feel as though the ranking process is more for newer members that have joined in to know who is a better idea to listen to generally. I'm assuming thats what you mean by points

I thought ranking systems were universally for insecure people who want to make themselves feel better about their awkward lives, but hey, that works too.
    If the dark is just a thought, then the light is in your mind
    The lies we tell ourselves ruin the world with time
    Did you feel the way I felt?
    Did you kneel the way I knelt?
    Or did you look up and stare, waiting for your acts of prayer?
    Oh, won't you listen to reason?

10 hour ear orgasm, courtesy of Gamefreak

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

guise

guise it was a joke

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

I thought ranking systems were universally for insecure people who want to make themselves feel better about their awkward lives, but hey, that works too.
    This is pretty much what I thought too.

On a non-Pokemon related note, the IB program can go rot in a hole. Especially the extended essay.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    This is pretty much what I thought too.

On a non-Pokemon related note, the IB program can go rot in a hole. Especially the extended essay.

My friend, the entire American education system can go rot in hell as a whole.

(Ignorantly assuming you're an American, sorry if you're not. )

Oh, so I don't get infracted for spam, Rain Volcarona kicks ***.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

No worries haha, yeah I am, but IB is a European thing. My essay is 19 pages long at the moment, which is 19 pages I now get to add parenthetical citations to -.-

Anyway, I'll shut up about my high school problems now xD

Rain Volcarona is something I've never quite managed to effectively use. Any suggestions for building a team around it? I know I'd need Starmie or Forretress (Starmie) as a spinner to keep Rocks away, or I guess I could use Espeon/Xatu. I kinda prefer Espeon/Xatu to be honest (although Xatu would not want to eat a Thunder from anything, so I'd use Espeon there).
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

No worries haha, yeah I am, but IB is a European thing. My essay is 19 pages long at the moment, which is 19 pages I now get to add parenthetical citations to -.-

Anyway, I'll shut up about my high school problems now xD

Rain Volcarona is something I've never quite managed to effectively use. Any suggestions for building a team around it? I know I'd need Starmie or Forretress (Starmie) as a spinner to keep Rocks away, or I guess I could use Espeon/Xatu. I kinda prefer Espeon/Xatu to be honest (although Xatu would not want to eat a Thunder from anything, so I'd use Espeon there).

Tentacruel > Starmie, at least in my opinion. Keep the Rocks down, and send him out against something like Ferrothorn to ensure he gets to set up. After he gets one or two Quiver Dances, he's hard to take down. If he gets 4+, he's pretty much unstoppable, especially because his typing gives him a resistance to almost all priority moves.

The set I'm using is

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Quiver Dance
    -Hurricane
    -Bug Buzz
    -Roost

Works great in the Rain, especially after opposing Steel types (and Terrakion) are eliminated, but it also appreciates Stealth Rock/Spikes support. Spin support is mandatory, once again I find Blastoise and Tentacruel are more reliable Rain spinners than Starmie due to their bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Tentacruel > Starmie, at least in my opinion. Keep the Rocks down, and send him out against something like Ferrothorn to ensure he gets to set up. After he gets one or two Quiver Dances, he's hard to take down. If he gets 4+, he's pretty much unstoppable, especially because his typing gives him a resistance to almost all priority moves.

The set I'm using is

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Quiver Dance
    -Hurricane
    -Bug Buzz
    -Roost

Works great in the Rain, especially after opposing Steel types (and Terrakion) are eliminated, but it also appreciates Stealth Rock/Spikes support. Spin support is mandatory, once again I find Blastoise and Tentacruel are more reliable Rain spinners than Starmie due to their bulk.
    If using Volc, use Defensetoise. Not Special Defensive Spinners. Also, it may be only me, but I'd use fire blast or some fire move over bug buzz. Either that or use a fighting type on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    If using Volc, use Defensetoise. Not Special Defensive Spinners. Also, it may be only me, but I'd use fire blast or some fire move over bug buzz. Either that or use a fighting type on your team.
    I'm using Toxicroak, he covers Steel types just fine, Skarmory dies to Thundurus-T.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" always reminds me of Ender's Game haha

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" always reminds me of Ender's Game haha

Huh? Sorry, not familiar with that. "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is Latin for "I came, I saw, I conquered", and is supposedly a quote from Julius Caesar after defeating Pharnaces' army near Zela.

Dafuq? Anyways... What's up guys? Also in a week or so we might be kicking Legacy's arse in war :0

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

oh that sounds like fun :3

Yay blaaz is back Blaaz would you like to join a tourney? We have:

Me
    Dragonicwari
    Cooloolcool
    ala

Anybody else let me know

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

yeah ill join standard OU right?

Exactly, anything OU is fine. Also we have a CCAT hail team for Christmas going on, and PM me a list of 2 Pokemon you'd want besides

Abomasnow
    Frosslass
    Heatran
    Jellicent
    Wall rein
    Tentacruel
    Articuno

Huh? Sorry, not familiar with that. "Veni, Vidi, Vici" is Latin for "I came, I saw, I conquered", and is supposedly a quote from Julius Caesar after defeating Pharnaces' army near Zela.
    Yeah, I know. It's a chapter title in Ender's Game too, that's why I think of it. Definitely my favorite book so... Yeah

I only red the first 30 pages lol and loco would you like to join the clan tourney OU?

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

I can't battle until Tuesday, otherwise I would (at my dad's, mom's up at the Grand Canyon)

Someone please explain to me why Keldeo can't learn Fly. I'm pretty sure I just watched it fly while carrying Ash and Pikachu.

I can't battle until Tuesday, otherwise I would (at my dad's, mom's up at the Grand Canyon)

Someone please explain to me why Keldeo can't learn Fly. I'm pretty sure I just watched it fly while carrying Ash and Pikachu.
    It won't start until after that so ill consider you in, we need 3 more people.

Keldeo is a horse, but that is really weird what you said >_<

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

it used hydro pump...from its hooves id call that a new move

The 15th movie is on Cartoon Network xD Keldeo was (sort of) flying by blasting water out of his hooves. I guess you could call it "hovering" if you really wanted to.

EDIT: Yeah, should've figured that was an application of Hydro Pump.

Cool, what day would this be? Weekend or two Mondays from now would be great, I've got finals Thursday, Friday and Tuesday and studying (read as: cramming) leading up to that.

your week sounds like hell I wish you luck with those finals

Anyone want to rate my **** Rain team?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...re-in-the-Rain

Thanks! My schedule did work out pretty nicely in that my "exams" on Monday are TOK and Study Hall (neither actually has a final, I just need to finish the blasted TOK essay)

Anyway, I seriously wish there was some function in the Pokemon games that let us be more creative in move application...

I can't rate ATM sorry

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast