Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Soul Eater Club

Hello! I'm Ghost (or Phantom, whichever) and I'd like to join.
    I only just delved into Soul Eater about a week ago. It was a slow start, and I was hesitant because I haven't enjoyed too many animes in the past, but it ended up being amazing.. and not to mention my new obsession. I just began Season 3 of the anime and am so morbidly downtrodden because I know it's going to be over soon. Gahhh. But I plan on reading the manga soon.

As for my favourite character it is definitely Soul. /Truly./ His deeply loyal character is what makes me love him the most because I am a lot like him in that regard. I'd spill my heart for the people I love without hesitaton. Being selfless and an unfailing support is what makes him admirable in my head. I also share the traits with him of being mellow, collected, and easy-going. I suppose you could just say I have a connection to his character haha. It strikes a chord with me.

I always watch dub. I find it distracting to read and watch animation at the same time. My mind is split when I am doing such and I cannot focus and fully enjoy myself. So, I prefer watching dub, yes. If I spoke Japanese I'd probably watch the sub, though.. it seems more autentic and the original intent in their messages would get across, and make more sense. Not everything translates perfectly lol. Subtle things are probably lost, sadly D:
    Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Hello! I'm Ghost (or Phantom, whichever) and I'd like to join.
    I only just delved into Soul Eater about a week ago. It was a slow start, and I was hesitant because I haven't enjoyed too many animes in the past, but it ended up being amazing.. and not to mention my new obsession. I just began Season 3 of the anime and am so morbidly downtrodden because I know it's going to be over soon. Gahhh. But I plan on reading the manga soon.

As for my favourite character it is definitely Soul. /Truly./ His deeply loyal character is what makes me love him the most because I am a lot like him in that regard. I'd spill my heart for the people I love without hesitaton. Being selfless and an unfailing support is what makes him admirable in my head. I also share the traits with him of being mellow, collected, and easy-going. I suppose you could just say I have a connection to his character haha. It strikes a chord with me.

I always watch dub. I find it distracting to read and watch animation at the same time. My mind is split when I am doing such and I cannot focus and fully enjoy myself. So, I prefer watching dub, yes. If I spoke Japanese I'd probably watch the sub, though.. it seems more autentic and the original intent in their messages would get across, and make more sense. Not everything translates perfectly lol. Subtle things are probably lost, sadly D:
    Welcome Phantom! If you do plan on reading the manga, there is a link to it one the first post. (The manga is better in my opinion)

This place needs some activity!
    Check out this AMV!

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

Hmm, I must say that while I thought the song was just okay, it correlated very well with with the clips of Stein. And I agree, we need to liven up this place!

Spoiler:- credit:

Alright, I just counted the posts everyone has made so far (Excluding the ones that just joined since they only have one) so here's the list of everyone's process!
    Apollo77- 4
    Blood Red Absol- 2
    CuriousHeartless- 4
    Lucario188- 4
    Everyone else (Besides CoD) has one post.

Also Cario, thank you for the AMV it will be added to the first post. (You guys can post links to stuff too, just saying..)

New Topic- Why do you like Soul Eater? (The anime not the character)

It's a really different anime. I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree to that. The anime it self is serious yet comical. The characters have weird traits and yet can kick some serious butt. Sure the ending of the anime wasn't what I thought should've happened, but it did. Why cry over spilled milk? Sure that milk was pretty awesome, but it's not worth crying over.

(The ending is what made me read the manga though....)

I like Soul Eater because it has an interesting plot and the idea of the DWMA is pretty cool. I also like the characters and the music. It's both a serious and funny anime, and the fight scenes are done well. I agree that the ending left a little to be desired, but it wasn't really horrible.

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.

I think the biggest reason why I love Soul Eater is the depth of the characters. They all have such believable personalities, I feel like they could be people I know in real life. Even the minor characters like Ox and Kilik get some spotlight once in a while. It's got a lot of funny moments, a ton of action, and a good amount of emotional moments as well. It's just interesting in every way.

I watched the AMVs. They were good but I really only liked the This Is Halloween one. I also didn't realize what AMV stood for until I watched them (I've watched AMVs before but never figured out what it meant).

I like Soul Eater because it's cool. It has tons of moments that make you go 'Woah that was cool' while also having a good sense of humor. It knows when to be serious and when to be funny. Plus it's deep and has good characters.

The 'This is Halloween' AMV is a favorite of mine.

Anywho, I'm adding a new section into the AMV thing. 'Anime Trailers' This will include audio from a movie trailer placed with clips of Soul Eater. I'll also add some new AMV into both sections. Just give a few minutes...

So, I love AMVs, so here's another one! It's rather epic, in my opinion.

It shall be added. Along with this one.

Awesome AMV!!

The AMV shall be added, thank you Cario.
    Anyway, Eeveelover824 made this Userbar for us!

It will be added to the Fanart section, under Userbars.

Edit- I also got permisson from the author to put a link to their crossover FanFic on our club! Details will be under 'Crossover FanFiction' of the FanFiction section.
    .....Anyone else think that last sentence sounded weird?
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 23rd December 2012 at 5:39 AM.

This place needs some more activity!

Happy Winter everyone!!!
    Soul Eater Winter.jpg
    I didn't make this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario188 View Post
    This place needs some more activity!

Happy Winter everyone!!!
    Soul Eater Winter.jpg
    I didn't make this.
    I tried making a X-mas card with that picture...But it kept getting pixely... >.<

(By the way, I order a few banners for here. Three I think. One is for me, the rest will go under the fanart section.)

Edit- Banners are done and will be under Fanart soon.
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 2nd January 2013 at 12:58 AM.

I remember there being an AMV with GOLD from UVERworld, but sadly I can't seem to find it anymore. It was among the top 5 AMVs on my list.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I remember there being an AMV with GOLD from UVERworld, but sadly I can't seem to find it anymore. It was among the top 5 AMVs on my list.
    That's a shame. It would've been great to have another AMV here.

Edit- Jan. 1st

Banners that are ready.

Done by Rayquaza The First of Forever & Again.

Done by our own Blood Red Absol of Secret Laboratory.
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 2nd January 2013 at 1:18 AM.

Does anyone else enjoys the Soul eater shippings?
    For me it is Stein x Medusa and Crona x Maka <3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

To me Crona and Make just have a close friendship. *Hides from Crona/Maka fanpeople* I do sometimes ship Stein/Medusa.

I do ship Kid/Crona... Ummm... Anyway! I'll just count the posts you guys have done and see if anyone ranked up! Yeah....

Post Count

Apollo77- 5
    Blood Red Absol- 3
    CuriousHeartless- 5
    Dragon Trainer X- 2
    Lucario188- 8! (You are now N.O.T student rank! You may use the N.O.T student banner! Which is located in the Fanart section.)

The rest only have one post.
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 3rd January 2013 at 4:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraziedCreator View Post
    To me Crona and Make just have a close friendship. *Hides from Crona/Maka fanpeople* I do sometimes ship Stein/Medusa.

I do ship Kid/Crona... Ummm... Anyway! I'll just count the posts you guys have done and see if anyone ranked up! Yeah....
    Okay, moving on!

Has anyone heard the band UVERworld? If not, try listening to one like Chance or Shamrock and tell me what you think.

It is a shame that that one AMV got taken down, but there's also Soul Eater AMV- Thanks for the Memories. The song works well with the scenes.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Has anyone heard the band UVERworld? If not, try listening to one like Chance or Shamrock and tell me what you think.

It is a shame that that one AMV got taken down, but there's also Soul Eater AMV- Thanks for the Memories. The song works well with the scenes.
    I actually haven't but I shall youtube it.

We have an AMV that has the song Thanks for the Memories here. Maybe you talking about the same one we have.

To catch up on a few things:

@Lucario: Wow, that's an awesome pic! I love Liz and Patty on that sled in the background.

@Blood Red Absol: I'm not a big shipping person, but I do kind of like SoulxBlair for the laughs. :P Nice banner btw.

And since I feel like I need to contribute something, imma go find a cool AMV. To YouTube! *transition music*

Thanks Apollo.

I guess the only two people I ship are SoulxMaka (I know,boring). I suppose also Black*StarxTsubaki.

Here's an AMV, be aware of spoilers though.

Thank you once again Cario. I also have an AMV that contains many spoilers.

(Check the AMV section.)

Been a while since I posted here. Nice AMVs everyone, although Halloween is still my favorite. On the side of shipping, this is sprobably my most active fandom for shipping in that I actually has a bit of interest. I like SoulXMaka, Black*StarXTsubaki, and OxfordXKim (I'm pretty sure that's her name, anyways).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast