Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Soul Eater Club

I have lent my copy of the soul eater series to my friend, he hasn't made it to any of the Excalibur episodes yet but he says he can't stand Black*Star (Honestly I don't blame him)
    To me Soul Eater is a really unusual anime as some of the characters are really great, and some a done really bad.
    I wanted to do a diagnosis of some of the Soul Eater characters and see what you guys think :3

First is my Personal Favorite, Stein <3
    Even though he is a per-established character I think he is done so well, one of the best Mad Scientist Characters ever made, his name is a little annoying but I can deal with that, and because Shinigami is so weird he serves as a better role model for all the main characters, also there is his own separate story that involves him and Medusa as well as his descent into Madness.

Crona.
    The character that I personally relate to the most, he is basically the image of depression, he is always being tormented by the demon sword and is forced to do his mothers bidding no matter the cost, Although I personally prefer Stein I think Crona is the stronger character, mainly because he has the most character development in the entire anime, however for him it is always a struggle between the past and the future.

Death the Kid.
    Ok, you can hate me for this but Kid is by far my least favorite character in the entire anime (and possibly the most overrated anime character ever) His only flaw is that god awful and annoying obsession with symmetry. He is stuck up, obnoxious and has no credible character development throughout the entire series. I will admit that as the show progresses he does become somewhat bearable as his role in the story improves, but other then that I personally can't stand him

Ok, I think I will wrap up my rant here with some quick opinions.
    The Villains in the show are all brilliantly written.
    I love the drawing style and the concepts which helps create a very surreal feeling about the settings.
    I don't hate Excalibur, his entire character is written to be annoying, in which case he achieves his goal, and deserves points for that xD

Ok, Rant Over <3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

My personal favorite ship is a Russin Kirov Class Cruiser. Truly a majestic piece of work.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Eeveelover824 has once again done us some art. She did some text banners for us and I ordered a few more. Anyway we have a new topic!

New Topic: What Soul Eater Character do you hate/dislike the most? (And no, Excalibur doesn't not count.)

For some reason, I don't like Blair. I'm not even 100% sure why. I just do. (A bad answer I know, but that's all I got for her.) At first I hated Black*Star, but once I finished the anime and started reading the manga, I don't hate him anymore. Once again, I'm not even sure why.

Are you suuuuure we can't say Excalibur?!?

Hmm, 'tis an interesting question, since I really don't hate any characters. Except for Excalibur, but you said... If I had to choose, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Kid and Crona. Like Blood Red Absol said above, he really doesn't have any major flaws other than symmetry obsession, and he sorta gets special treatment because he's Lord Death's son. Crona, well I just find it hard to believe that someone can have that little of a backbone. Outside of fiction, I doubt it's even possible. But neither are really bad characters IMO.

Spoiler:- credit:

I don't like Blair either, because she's such a sexualized character.
    I also don't like Spirit because he's such a bad father to Maka, and he doesn't seem to realize/care.

Don't hate me guys, but, I don't actually hate Excalibur...

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.
    Hope to see you around the PASBL!

Alright guys, I have a few new videos that can be found under the AMV section. Also, I plan to go FanFic Hunting we kinda need some. (Yeah I just noticed that there's only one...And it's a crossover....) Any requests besides anything Angst, Horror, or Tragedy? (Please tell me via PM or VM.)
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 28th January 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Okay, I read this and took the picture a while ago, but I never got around to posting it here! So anyway, you have no idea what I'm talking about yet, so here we go. And the point of this is that I hopefully cause someone to smile. And I love references (even though I realize this was not intentional). But I digress.

A couple of months ago I was reading Naruto 50, and I came across a panel in which Temari was making a face that looked very similar to the Excalibur face. This made me reallyhappy and I wanted to share it, so I took a picture:
    IMG_5813.jpg

And for reference, here is the Excalibur face: Link.
    And, if anyone loves finding other characters making the Excalibur face, here's Zuko and Aang doing it: Link.

I hope that this made you smile! Has anyone else found characters from other series' making what looks like the Excalibur face?

Hello curious reader! You know that at some point you've wished you could battle like a trainer in the Pokémon anime. You probably dismissed the thought as a passing fantasy, but did you know the Pokémon Anime Style Battling League allows you to do just that? It's true! Read up on how to get started, and if you have any questions the Q/A thread awaits.

i would love to join!!
    It is hard to decide on my favorite charrie, but I would have to say maka. Probably because me and makka are very alike because 1. We love to read. 2. We both use an attack on our on friends when we are annoyed 3. we are both awesome.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/f42ruc.png[/IMG]
    Thank you Shade2000! Link to her shop~http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7-Ocean-of-Art
    I love Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword! PROBLEM?! I also love the anime Soul Eater, Angel Beats!, D. Gray Man, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, yet again, PROBLEM?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ekh...lNeW4J-nIQNgeg (GlitchxCity's N's Castle Bridge Symphonic Remix)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabi View Post
    i would love to join!!
    It is hard to decide on my favorite charrie, but I would have to say maka. Probably because me and makka are very alike because 1. We love to read. 2. We both use an attack on our on friends when we are annoyed 3. we are both awesome.
    The first person to say Maka! Why doesn't anyone else like Crona?? *Goes into the Mr. Corner* Regardless, welcome to the club!

In other club news, adventure-fanfic-hunting was a bust. Most doubled as a romance (something I wanted to avoid) while some had OCs. (Mary Sues. They. Are. EVERYWHERE! Sorry I couldn't help myself....) So instead I shall go romance-fanfic-hunting. Any requests go into my VMs or PMs. (Anyone can help if they wish too. Just saying...)

Well, I'll going to RFF search! :-D
    Thank you Shade2000! Link to her shop~http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7-Ocean-of-Art
    I love Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword! PROBLEM?! I also love the anime Soul Eater, Angel Beats!, D. Gray Man, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, yet again, PROBLEM?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ekh...lNeW4J-nIQNgeg (GlitchxCity's N's Castle Bridge Symphonic Remix)

I'd like to join this club ^^
    I just recently started watching the series, it's amazing, so why not join this club. :3
    My favorite character is without any doubt, Crona. I just wanna give him/her one big hug!!!! x3
    Last edited by #1treeckofan; 16th February 2013 at 4:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabi View Post
    Well, I'll going to RFF search! :-D
    Great! Just VM or PM me when you think you have something!

Quote Originally Posted by #1treeckofan
    I'd like to join this club ^^
    I just recently started watching the series, it's amazing, so why not join this club. :3
    My favorite character is without any doubt, Crona. I just wanna give him/her one big hug!!!! x3
    I'm not the only one anymore! What I meant to say was welcome. But yes, Soul Eater is quite amazing.
    (Nice location by the way)

Well, seeing as though I haven't posted for a while, lemme try pulling up a topic.

Out of all designs, characteristics, and personalities, what type of Weapon would you have for a partner? For me, probably someone who would take the lead and guide me, seeing as though I'm much more of a giver in life.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Sorry for disappearing, but...well I do that. News for Americans at the least, Toonami started airing Soul Eater as of this morning. I was lucky to catch it since I usually only catch one Toonami a month.

Least favorite character?

Probably Crona. He has nothing interesting. He's crazy, the villain's son, and has a jerk stuck to him, and he still wasn't interesting.

And I liked excalibur, he was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Well, seeing as though I haven't posted for a while, lemme try pulling up a topic.

Out of all designs, characteristics, and personalities, what type of Weapon would you have for a partner? For me, probably someone who would take the lead and guide me, seeing as though I'm much more of a giver in life.
    Not a bad topic, but I hope that you don't mind me changing it a little since different people have different opinions. What kind of partner (Weapon or Meister) would you have?

In other club news, I found a funny romance one-shot! I just need to ask the author if we can use it.
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 18th February 2013 at 2:17 AM.

What kind of partner (Weapon or Meister) would you have?

Meister, I'd rather be the one helping rather then the one controlling. :3

First, welcome Cerabi and #1treeckofan! To #1treeckofan, do you have a nickname that you like to be called? Tree? Treecko? Something else?

In answer to the question, that's a hard one. On one hand it would be really cool to be a weapon and have a meister partner, because it's so neat to be a person that can turn into a badass weapon. But on the other hand knowing how to handle a weapon with deadly skill would be pretty cool too. I don't think I can decide on this one. Overall I would want a partner who is honest and trustworthy, hard-working, and nice, someone who would be a good friend.

No one made any comments about my Naruto pic... :-(

I have found two fanfics! Info and links will be in the fanfic section in about 20 minutes. (What? I'm slow.)

I FOUND AN AWESOME KIMA FANFIC. Little Crona is adorkable
    Last edited by Cerabi; 28th February 2013 at 5:29 AM.

This place needs some action!
    Here's a cool AMV; I feel that the song works well with with Soul Eater.
    Also: SPOILER WARNING! (Sorry I didn't say that when I previously posted AMVs.)

Thanks Cario! I found an interesting Humor fic. (What? I got bored with Romance....) Author already agreed so I'll just put the info up. My fateful minion helper, Cerabi has gotten permission for us to add a KidxMaka fic that I actually like! (Not a fan of them, sorry.) Info will be under the Romance section.
    Last edited by CraziedCreator; 17th March 2013 at 12:14 AM.

I. Finally. Finished. Soul Eater!!!!!!! I'm Incredibly happy now that I can discuss everything with no pesky spoilers. Maybe even write a fic if I can finish my current works. And hopefully be more active here too!

Hmm... I think I'd like to be the weapon. I'd want a partner who could help push me to my limits, move me out of my comfort zone, and maybe be a little more wild. And I'd in return try to be the one to keep a clear head, and back him/her up all the way.

Spoiler:- credit:

Well, I just finished rewatching the anime. As it turns out, after a year since I first watched it, I forgot tons of episodes and plot points. I also forgot most of the opening and closing themes. They were actually really good, except the last opening theme. I thought it didn't sound very good and the bad Engrish didn't work well. All of the closings were pretty good though. I also go back on my hatred for Chrona. after seeing everything again, I find him a much more interesting character, especially near the end. Now to get to reading that manga-I was waiting until I finished rewatching the anime. Sure I decided to put it off months ago, but it is finally time.

I would prefer to be a weapon since I don't think I could handle being the one directly fighting. Being the weapon and getting to give encouragement works for me. Besides, the weapon usually gets to look cooler when they soul resonate.

So here is a new question:

How would you feel if they made a new Soul Eater anime that followed the manga better, like with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I would like it, especially since it would mean a bit less Excalibur being annoying, Kim being a witch getting shown on the show, and we would get to see more of Black*Star's character development.

And to help give people a bit more to talk about, a second question:

Who is your favorite secondary meister (Any meister other than Maka, Black*Star, or Death the Kid)?

Probably a tie between Stein and Lord Death for me. Both are interesting characters that get plenty of screen time to characterize them.

New topic, eh? Not only that but two! All right, all right. (Sorry bored me equals randomness...)

How would you feel if they made a new Soul Eater anime that followed the manga better, like with Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I think I would have mixed feelings about it. Part of me missing the old anime and the other just loving the fact that the manga is coming to life. I think I would still like the manga based S.E since the *Get shot for almost leaving a spoiler*.

Who is your favorite secondary meister (Any meister other than Maka, Black*Star, or Death the Kid)?

Stein, hands down. He's just awesome. Simple as that.

(P.S- I'll change the topic when I have more time, I have to go.)

Oh, I'd like to join:

I got into the anime a month or two ago, which is funny since I've never watched an anime aside from Pokemon (if that even counts; I haven't seen it in YEARS) I surprisingly liked it

My favorite character...I'm going to have to be stereotypical and pick Maka and Soul. I just love how their conflicting personalities flare up between each other and the relationship they have together. Even if they aren't together : (

Oh well, I like Spirit and Professor Stein as well. In fact, I can't decide whether I like Soul and Maka (it's a tie for them) or Prof. Stein more XD I really like Stein's character development and just how out there he is. You never know what to expect from him XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast