Thread: Black Friday / Cyber Monday Card Deals

Default Black Friday / Cyber Monday Card Deals

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are rapidly approaching, and I can be pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd like to get a good deal on Pokémon Trading Cards. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near as good at tracking down deals as I'd like to be.

So I turn to the people of the Serebii Forums TCG section. Has anyone here found out about any great Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on Pokémon cards? Maybe you've found out about what some retailer is doing this year (though it kinda looks like they're keeping quiet). Or maybe you know of a site that always does deals on Black Friday. If you have, I'm sure people in this section would love to know about it!

This is also a place to discuss deals you'd like to see. Personally, I'd like to see a great deal on booster boxes, or maybe on one of those tins with a Mewtwo EX or Darkrai EX Promo. You may be looking for theme decks or individual cards.

This thread is also for people to discuss any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals you've gotten in the past. One of the few times I went out on Black Friday, I got some EX Hidden Legends packs at Target for 99 cents each (even though this sale wasn't advertised).

And before I forget, a Happy Thanksgiving in advance to all the TCG Forum!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

I'm wondering the same thing! What you mentioned sounded awesome, was that last year?
    As for what I would like to see is deals on single boosters because I think booster boxes would spoil me and the rewards x)
    And a definite yes on those tins. Those are fun to get, last one I got was a mewtwo tin a few years back.
    I've seen some mention on cards in an online ad for toys r us, sounded like buy 2 get 1 free..
    But I seen no mention on the official website, and doesn't sound like a deal compared to what you found.
    Has card sales always been this quiet?

Oh and happy thanksgiving~
    Last edited by darkgloom; 20th November 2012 at 1:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkgloom View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing! What you mentioned sounded awesome, was that last year?
    LOL no! I was pretty sure mentioning EX Hidden Legends would mark me as old! According to this Serebii page, it was released in 2004, and there had already been two more series released before Black Friday. Maybe that was why the series seemed old at the time.

Has card sales always been this quiet?
    I almost never see retailers advertising reduced prices on Pokémon cards. They seem reluctant to put them on sale, and I have no idea why.

Oh and happy thanksgiving~
    Thanks!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

AW I was afraid of that! I guess most of the savings will be coming from online orders.. Either way,I'm still going with my bro to toys r us.. I will try to search some more through the ads and see if any store will be generous this year.

Kinda late.... but Toys R us had the Promo tins for "Buy 1 get one for $5.00." And they had all boosters "Buy 2 get 1 free."
    ~~ Thank you epicjirachifan! ~~

^Strange, my local store didn't have anything like that.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

PokeOrder.com is having a sale. You can get 7% your order if you enter the code "blackfriday7". Hope this helps.

Troll and Toad has a site-wide sale where you get 12% off all singles by putting in the promo code CYBER12. They had some okay Black Friday deals too (got a Dragons Exalted booster box for $80) but those are over so its moot.

lol flygon thats what I got with my bro and cousin, and ever since then I had a 10-losing streak :-) but I'm glad it didnt go passed 10. I hate Reshiram.