Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January Plot Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Anyone noticed that the Shadow Triad guys have the same face expressions as the Striation bros? XD
    I did. Nine months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Well, I made this and I wanted to know what you people think. The clues are there, and I've been gathering them for a while now.

This has nothing to do with the games, and is strictly for Pokemon Adventures.

And yes, this has been done to death, but not for this manga. I don't care if you don't believe them to be the Shadow Triad, it's just a theory and that's all it is until their true identities are revealed.

Sorry if the images are too big, just wanted to get all the info.

Spoiler:- Shadow Triad 1 - An brief explanation:

Spoiler:- Shadow Triad 2 - Bad puns ahoy:

Spoiler:- Shadow Triad 3 - Caught them Red, Blue, and Green handed:

Spoiler:- Shadow Triad 4 - He's got the monkeys, let's see the monkeys:

Spoiler:- Shadow Triad 5 - A New Hope:

So, what do you think? Is there any holes in this that you like to point out? (No, I don't care about spelling errors)

Any ideas you'd like to add?

I did. Nine months ago.
    I actually meant that specific colored picture. It's funny because despite the fact that they totally debunked the theory of Striaton Bros being the Shadow Triad in Special, they still have matching faces in that one picture. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I actually meant that specific colored picture. It's funny because despite the fact that they totally debunked the theory of Striaton Bros being the Shadow Triad in Special, they still have matching faces in that one picture. XD
    Well, maybe they've debunked it, but there still might be reason.... (bear with me on this)

The Shadow Triad and the Striaton brothers face off, just like in the games. Then, the Striaton brothers get beat, just like in the games. Imagine what would happen if the Shadow Triad disguise themselves as the Striaton Trio for one reason or another (might be found out in this saga, or in the BW2 Saga if it ever happens); could be something to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

For some reason I really want this Shadow Triad/Striaton Bros. thing to be a double red-herring, like it all being a ploy or something and they really are the Triad. That would be a great twist.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    For some reason I really want this Shadow Triad/Striaton Bros. thing to be a double red-herring, like it all being a ploy or something and they really are the Triad. That would be a great twist.
    EWWWWW no. Dx they already did that with Pryce anyway :P but I rather like the Striaton Brothers battling here. It could be like their version of the memory link 8D and then have their depression scene afterward
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    Well, maybe they've debunked it, but there still might be reason.... (bear with me on this)

The Shadow Triad and the Striaton brothers face off, just like in the games. Then, the Striaton brothers get beat, just like in the games. Imagine what would happen if the Shadow Triad disguise themselves as the Striaton Trio for one reason or another (might be found out in this saga, or in the BW2 Saga if it ever happens); could be something to consider.
    I actually really like this idea. The only problem that I can spot though is on how the Shadow Triad could change their faces into the Striaton brothers' after beating and replacing them. Since it's proven that they're different people, they couldn't possibly have the same faces (unless we're looking at clones here, or Ditto-essence spray cans like Petrel's.)

...Or maybe it could go the other way around. What if the Shadow Triad were the ones beaten instead, and the Striaton bros replace them in BW2. Maybe they can pose as double-agents for the gym leaders or something. They were "off training" in the BW2 games if I remember correctly, which is why they weren't taking charge of their gym. Maybe Kusaka could use this excuse as an advantage for this plot revelation. (Also, I'm aware that the Shadow Triad in the BW2 games are not likely to be the Striaton brothers, especially considering the anime trailer, but a lot of outrageous things can happen in this manga, so it's not that far-fetched to consider.)

Either way, these theories seem pretty plausible.

NORMAL GROUND FIGHTING ROCK STEEL BUG DRAGON FLYING GHOST POISON

Which will you choose?

Image not drawn by me. Editing done on MS Paint. Any help on turning this into a proper sig would be greatly appreciated.

Dogasu put up summaries. Thank goodness. Now we know what's going on in these chapters.

Yay, maybe after next month's Pokemon Fan comes out, the next chapter will finally start the B2W2 chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post

I've considered this idea as well, actually. Since, y'know, they're ninjas and all, and are masters at the art of illusion as a result. That could account both for the scene deception and how they disguised themselves so perfectly. It seems unlikely, but it certainly could happen if Kusaka willed it.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I Looked it, Striaton brothers appear in P2 laboratory and battle with Shadow Triad.

Although we do not know why they appear in that, but they have no reason to disguise in the case of no outsiders......

Netkun updated.

Nothing really important, other that a few pics of Kusaka and Yamamoto in France.

Yay, site update. Seriously Black, your sad face breaks my heart. ;__;

Someone asked what gender Saturn is. >_> Kusaka's answer was somewhat hilarious though: He's a "M - A - N" ~! Also, someone asked what was the hardest chapter to write. Kusaka answers that he struggled most with the fifth (FRLG) because of all the emotions.

Spoiler:- img:

White found Gigi around a year ago.

This...confirms that she belonged to Cedric? Maybe?

Black guesses that Zorua messed with the Roller Coaster back at Nimbasa.

Also, there are 31 people participating in the League.

That's an odd number, isn't it? Bit of a problem for a tournament.

HINT. HINT. HIIINT?
    What's with the picture of the gym leaders behind Caitlin?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Traveling with Korrina through the nearby mountains
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

"My pokémon aren't mindless tools, they're my friends and family"

I pretty much just skimmed over this thread, but so the Striaton trio aren't the Shadow triad? Well damn, yet another missed opportunity there. I hope the waiters kick the behinds of those sorry excuses for ninjas.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 1st December 2012 at 5:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I pretty much just skimmed over this thread, but so the Striaton trio aren't the Shadow triad? Well damn, yet another missed opportunity there. I hope the waiters kick the behinds of those sorry excuses for ninjas.
    It's pretty damn obvious that this is the Memory Link event for the Striaton trio, meaning that they'll lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    What's with the picture of the gym leaders behind Caitlin?
    She's using her powers to search for them. She's speaking out what's going on in all their heads.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 1st December 2012 at 7:06 PM.

It's pretty damn obvious that this is the Memory Link event for the Striaton trio, meaning that they'll lose.
    Yeah you're probably right. I just want to see the Shadow Triad get their asses handed to them somehow, they're so cliche and horrible. Making the Striaton trio ninjas would've been awesome, but nope we can't have nice things.

Caitlin really looks so badass . And if she can locate where the Gym Leaders are , then the final battle of BW1 will occur soon .
    I really hope that Black and White remain to be the main protagonist in BW2 along with Hugh . I don't want another new character . Black can be Kyouhei and White , although it's very impossible , can be Mei with new hairstyle .

Wow. Lucky people of France, they got a sneak preview of what happens in the Gym battle between Black and Drayden.

There are no words that can express my jealousy.

Wow. Lucky people of France, they got a sneak preview of what happens in the Gym battle between Black and Drayden.

There are no words that can express my jealousy.
    How popular is Pokemon Special there anyways to warrant a visit from the author himself?

Maybe the French publishers paid them to go over there to boost sales? Maybe they're trying to promote the series over there (again)? Even so, talk about a bunch of lucky buggers!

Banner and art by me.

Ah so there's a bit of Black vs Drayden. I hadn't realized White gave Black War. I mean I knew she would but yeah...I bet she did it awhile ago. I'm so far behind in BW, but it's cool that Black is fighting Drayden. And of course there is a Druddigon. Why wouldn't there be?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Lolipiece, you seriously need to learn to use sources. I know you know whose picture that is. It's sisselxsoleil's and there's more on her tumblr. Sisselxsoleil made a huge effort and visited three of the events in France and even made full reports of them on tumblr. She deserves the credit. This last event that sisselxsoleil visited showed the stages of drawing a manga page.

Oh ReiZerou, please don't worry. Lolipiece asked me if he could use my pictures and I said yes, he didn't do anything wrong at all. Moreover, if I upload them on the Internet, everyone is free to show them around, right ? But thank you for caring, it is very sweet of you !
    Last edited by sisselxsoleil; 3rd December 2012 at 5:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sisselxsoleil View Post
    Oh ReiZerou, please don't worry. Lolipiece asked me if he could use my pictures and I said yes, he didn't do anything wrong at all. Moreover, if I upload them on the Internet, everyone is free to show them around, right ? But thank you for caring, it is very sweet of you !
    Oh, okay. Good. Just got pissed off because lolipiece almost never uses sources. I get angry with a lot of people that don't source. It's not just because somebody "owns" those pictures or anything. Sources are important also because then you can find more of the same thing and maybe thank them personally. So even if you use the picture with someone's permission, it feels kind of selfish to not let other people find out more. I really love your reports, sisselxsoleil!

Quote Originally Posted by sisselxsoleil View Post
    Thank you so much for showing the pics. You're so lucky to meet them in person and I don't think Kusaka and Yamamoto will visit foreign counties often. Even thought Special is quite popular, there aren't many otakus in Europe or the U.S. sadly. Anyway it was nice to know what they did. Too bad you couldn't ask them any questions. But going there 3 times really is something and it's very nice to share it with us.

Sorry that I didn't update you guys with the plot this month, but Dogasu's summary and pictures posted have basically covered most of the stuff. Just a bit of supplement info here.

The Ichiban chapter:

1) The Elite 4 have different takes on Team Plasma. Marshal clearly wanting to beat them. Caitlin not really interested because she believes that everyone is free to think and do what the believe, even for Team Plasma. Grimsley is reluctant to get himself involved since it doesn't really affect him yet, and Shauntal simply wants to turn the Elite 4 vs Team Plasma thing into a plot for her next novel. However, Caitlin agrees to help find the Gymleaders because she thinks it is unacceptable to keep people as hostages.

2) Gigi is confirmed to be the Tepig ran off from Cedric's lab, since Cedric actually recognized it while battling it under N's command. I guess this clears up the confusion that Gigi was also bestowed upon the BW Agency by another trainer. I guess when White said Gigi does not belong to her either, she meant she found it wandering on the streets and believed it originally belonged to someone (which it did).

3) When Black dreamt about chasing after Musha, the scene is actually at the Entralink (and the Entree was featured).

The Keldeo chapter:

1) Cobalion agrees to render help to humans, but not to cooperate with them, since it still couldn't forgive their past acts.

2) The trio forms 'energy swords' from the grey part of their heads, much like in Movie 15. Cobalion doesn't want to confront the Shadow Triad at first because it thought they were unworthy opponents who only know who to exploit the power of Pokemon (the three wanted to capture Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion although they weren't on Ghetsis's recruiting list). Later, it thought it would be irresponsible to let such evil people loose and thus decided to go after them (after Keldeo learnt the Sacred Sword).

3) Keldeo was at the Pledge Grove trying to learn the Sacred Sword. It fails at first, but eventually manages to carve its own mark on the bouder (which already has the slash marks of Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion). It didn't learn Mystery Sword in this chapter, but Sacred Sword.

4) The Striaton brothers challenge the Shadow Triad outside the P2 Laboratory, but the Shadow Triad mock that they aren't really Gymleaders because they were not needed at the showdown at Nacrene. They also mock that they are probably too weak to be worthy participants of the battle, as shown by the fact that they need 3 people to secure 1 Gym. The Triad fights the monkeys with Larvesta, Lilligant and Basculin. Basically, they are using the type advantages against the brother, pretty much like how the brothers treated Black, Cheren and Bianca during their Gym challenge. So yes, the brothers are losing.

It is worth noting that the Pokemon League has already started in the Keldeo chapter, so it happens after the current Ichiban chapter and probably the next too, since the next Ichiban issue likely focuses on Black's battle with Drayden, before the actual start of the Tournament (Black's argument was that the rules stated challengers may enter the League as long as they collect 8 Badges before the Tournament starts. The inauguration ceremony has begun, but not the lot drawing, and thus not the Tournament itself).

Personally, I wonder how active Genesect is going to be in the next Fan chapter. If it does fight the Musketeers, I'm afraid the Musketeers might lose since the four elemental Drives for Genesect's Techno Blast are super effective against them (fire > Cobalion, water > Terrakion, ice > Virizion, electric > Keldeo). Just a personal thought though.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast