Thread: Computer won't turn on properly.

Default Computer won't turn on properly.

Alright, posting here because my computer won't turn on the same way it always has, either by the I/O panel or the buttons on the motherboard. The motherboard lights were on as well. Being an ROG board, I could start it up remotely, but that didn't work as well.

I found out how to turn it on by wiggling the power supply's cord until my desktop turns on. However, this is still kind of bothering me. I tested my power supply, by jumpstarting and with a tester courtesy of Thermaltake, and apparently it's still good. Any idea on what this is, and how I can resolve it?

And if any of this helps, here's my specs:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    Intel Core i7-2600K
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 690
    G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
    Crucial M4 128GB
    Four 1TB HDDs (RAID 0+1)
    SeaSonic X-1250

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Munchlax View Post
    I found out how to turn it on by wiggling the power supply's cord until my desktop turns on.
    That sounds like it's a loose or damaged wire/connector. Usually it's a bad sign if you can get an electronic item to work or not work by wiggling the power supply's cable. I would try taking out each of the PSU's cables and then reinsurting them. If that doesn't work then you could try using a different PSU if possible. But that would be alot of work.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Yeah, I figured out that it was the power supply. I'll get it sorted out somewhere down the road. Thanks.