Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

Default Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

I have received permission from Psychic to start this thread. I hope she is well, and thank her for still taking the time to approve requests for DS threads.

Thanks so much Neo/Avenger

The RP thread. Although it's started, signups will never be closed unless we start getting too many villains.

Map of San Francisco is being used as a rough map of the city

Spoiler:- The Opening Plot:

~*~

So there's been a lot of people asking questions either in the SU thread itself or by VM. I figured it would be better to have a full on discussion thread, so here it is.

First of all here's all the questions that have been asked so far, and some VM discussions I've had with people:
    Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    This is interesting. Will be an awesome way to bring back Ninjice. Is there a maximum age for this? Also, I cannot help but be reminded of a Batman arc where Gotham was decimated by an earthquake and cut off by the rest of the US.
    And my reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    There's really no max age, as long as it's reasonable. For example an elderly person wouldn't really make sense.
    ~snip out~
    ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    Are neutral characters allowed, and does the character HAVE to be from Dark City, or can they be from somewhere else if you have a good explanation as to how they got in and why they did?
    And my reply:
    Yes, as long as you can explain your reasons for not getting killed by all the villains having their way with practically everybody, why you're there if you're not a regular resident who is now stuck there or wants to help liberate the town, and your reasons for being there in general, you can be neutral. We just don't want the story spilling outside the city, but if the need arises this can change. Just not in the near future.

This really isn't a place people WANT to be in normally. They're either stuck there cause all means of escape are blocked and they've been enslaved, are enjoying the freedom to do what the heck they want to everybody else, or are there because they want to help set things right.

I don't see much reason to be neutral, but if you can spin it well, it's fine. Go nuts, pretty much. I once derived advanced technology in a setting that had long lost access to such things. So yea, if you can make it make sense, go ahead.
    ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by DVB by VM
    ~snip out~
    Does this actually have a plot as in how things will go or is that up to the players tyring to figure out how to take down the antagonist
    ~snip out~
    And my reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by me by VM
    ~snip out~
    I don't have a distinct plot outline with what I'd like to happen in order. I believe in RP where the GM doesn't dictate the entire story. That might as well be a fanfic. Everybody can and should attempt to shape the plot. You're free to do as you will as long as it doesn't get you killed, but there's tons of evil patrols. The villains shouldn't and do not know there there is a resistance movement at all. If they good guys don't show themselves, they can live out their entire lives in peace. Of course, what fun would that be? I don't have a fallback for another base, so if we get discovered and have to evacuate there's nowhere to go that I can think of.
    ~snip out~
    ~*~

~snip out~
    But regarding plot, I mean like how would we proceed in beating the boss and reclaing the city?
    ~snip out~
    And my reply:
    ~snip out~
    How? We haven't decided and it will not need to be decided for a while. Well see, Neo isn't a behind about stuff like this, especially with such an overpowered character. We don't need to worry about facing Shade for a while. We need to avoid her detection while keeping our base secret. Largely we will be fighting and beating the villains into submission, then either finding a way to contain them or just outright killing them completely out of existence. Neo will be making up adversaries for us and we will also be having conflicts with player villains. There is a plan in place for people who lose their characters to death, but do try to avoid death because it has to mean something that you've died and not just "Oh, I can just be revived so I should be reckless with no regard for my safety". There needs to be something left to revive from, and not everybody gets to become a ghost. If Shade turns you into candy and eats you, you're screwed and there's no way to revive you. Sorry.
    ~snip out~
    ~*~

Yeah, all right then. It's that in some RPGs, te lack of process starts to annoy people or make them not try as much in the RPG because they feel their actions are not having impact.
    And my reply:
    ~snip out~
    Yea I don't like [not] having much impact on the plot either. I'm trying to make this plot player driven, not GM driven. We will monitor and guide it, not have sole direction on it. We are players too. But if it gets too far in a certain skewed direction and the goal is lost we need to get it back on course of course.
    ~snip out~
    ~*~

DVB also had some questions on exactly how powerful Shade is. While he wasn't able to understand it initially, and suggesting superspeed could be used to get in and kill her, I believe this quote will set the record straight:
    ~snip out~
    She doesn't really need to read their minds. She just needs to know they're there. Shade has complete control over her reality. Stepping into it like stepping into a completely different dimension with different physics, which is in her favor. Everything in her area is in her favor. Everything. Including you. You're in her area, she owns you. Please, just trust me on this.
    Shade no longer reads minds, but approaching her puts you under her influence once she knows you're there.

If I missed anybody's questions, please show me a link and I will add it in. Also please continue all questions and discussion in this thread from now on. This will also serve as the discussion for when the RP starts.

~*~

We are currently looking for a couple more player villains, and hopefully somebody to play Raven.

About villains in general. Being a villain doesn't necessarily mean your fate is to lose and be killed off. For one thing, Shade can revive the dead to torment the living. Second of all if you're captured and put in some kind of holding cell, there is the possibility of escape and wreaking further havoc. Sure I'd like the good guys to triumph, but that doesn't necessarily mean the villains shouldn't try their hardest. DO NOT play a villain if you plan to just roll over and die at some point, ok?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 23rd August 2013 at 5:18 AM.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

When will the storyline begin developing? And will registered embers be allowed to submit entries on missions, Character files, chapters etc. Because If i am allowed, I would love to partake in the development of the storyline. I have worked on my para's as asked

EDIT: I also have another question. How many plot twists will there be? If our characters are dramatically killed of, turned comatose, vegetablised (that isn't a word, but hopefully you get the gist), then 1) will you PM us beforehand? And 2), will WE still be allowed to be involved, be it submitting chapters, coming up with plot developments, or just generally helping out with the story?
    Last edited by THEIRONDONUT; 19th November 2012 at 7:05 PM.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

I covered this. Please read what's already discussed.

This isn't a fanfic. The RP is player driven, not GM driven. You have a plan, present it to the others and gather forces to come with you. Neo and I will only guide the plot, not force it down people's throats.

There will be as many plot twists as we all, collectively, decide on and write in.

Player killing doesn't happen without permission and only if it's unavoidable. Assuming your character isn't vaporized, you can be revived from death. Both sides have access to a form of this. Of course that doesn't mean you should be reckless with no regard to your character's life, but there is a plan in place.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

What is the rp rated? Cuz my girlfriend made a great villain a while back but she is a little... Intense.
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Just so people know, I'm the one that Bron is referring to as "Neo." I got my name changed a ways back but I guess the nickname stuck.

Shade is meant to be powerful, yes. Definitely not a one-hit kill enemy. In the meantime, I'm a bit disappointed there's a severe lack of villains, but I have means of working around it by using NPC villains and possibly RPing things out from their perspective.

Anyway, Bron asked me to mention that the RP is in fact rated Teen.

Just a note, my character, The Fossil, will be using some very obscure and not well known extinct creatures. To help everyone out, I will post a picture of said creature and I will try to describe it as well as possible. The only times I won't do this is when its a well known animal, like stegosaurus or a sabre toothed cat.

Also, I have some NPC villans and heros left over from my last Teen Titans RP. If your interested, you can use them. If you want to see them, please ask and I will post their bios here.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

You could also post a link to Wikipedia to help

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I'm sure Neo will like your villains Grass.

Also here's a full non-core list of characters, with links to full bios on the bottom for those that have them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ans_characters

Btw, just putting out there. Unless Neo wants to use her for something, I'm going to have Blackfire be a member of the Renegades on a Vegeta-like basis. Basically, the only reason she's around would be to make sure she's the one to defeat and humiliate Star, not anybody else. Kinda can't do that with Shade being there.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 20th November 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Doesn't she have children to take care of?

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

You saw that short too, huh? I'll make it work. She got a babysitter.

Well, there goes my theory that Shade was really Blackfire

Here are my NPC villans. I'll get my NPC heros up wedsday or thursday at the latest.

Blackice: A 21 year-old girl with dark secrets. Her skin is blue, and covered in incriut tattoos. She has long charcoal black hair that goes down to her waist. She wears a tattered green Kimono. Her powers are a general control of ice, creating it, moving it, forming it, and using it for travel. She is the brains of this threesome of terror, directing movements and attacks. She has a cold, dark, and calculating persona, and would not hesitate to sacrifice a hostage. She is also known to use her seductivness to her advantage.

Knucklehead: His name means more than you think. With an I.Q. of -12, he is confused by the simplest things. He is mostly a machine, only his head still human. But he has incredible strengh. He could pick up and throw an Eighteen wheeler. His robotic body is huge and bulky, with arms and legs like industrial hydrualics. It is unknown how he got these. Because of his 'intelligence' he mostly does whatever Blackice tells him.

The Phantom: From French descent, this ghostly villan is always prepared. He wears a black cloak and top hat, and his face is covered by a smiling opera mask. Inside his cloak, he carries almost every weapon imaginable. Swords, knives, throwing stars, daggers, katana's, grenades, and even nunckucks. He also has power. He can beccome invisible, and phase through walls and other solid materials. He is the tech guy for the team, and rarly talks, even to his teamates.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

I can't RP any canon villains. I'll be honest, I've never actually watched Teen Titans, so I know nothing about who the villains are, what their personalities are like, what their backgrounds are, and so on.

My plans are to just make up my own villains to serve as Shade's henchmen. I think that should work out fine.

Dude I linked you all the villains. They're really not that complicated. Also you can always ask me or the other people, like Grass.

You sure?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 20th November 2012 at 2:16 AM.

Oh wow, an archenemy for Ninjice

Was my sign up over-looked....
    The Pokemon Professor Extraordinaire
    For great Pokemon News, Rumors, trips, and tricks, visit
    Pokejungle.net
    and the forums at
    MountMoon.net
    I'm a Professor Extraordinaire there, too!

My Black 2 Team:

Marion lives in a noticable mansion, and her generosity is well-known, so she gets visitors often. Maybe somebody could meet her, and she senses their powers, then shows them Wyvern in secret.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

I'm sorry, Zalck. I dunno about Neo's reason, but I can't read sign ups too well in my phone cause it comes out too long. Sorry, I'll get to it when my computer has Internet again. I can only stay 2 hours online.

I can only skim on my phone, which is why I haven't been able to give a full analysis of it.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 20th November 2012 at 2:53 AM.

Dude I linked you all the villains. They're really not that complicated. Also you can always ask me or the other people, like Grass.

You sure?
    I'll give it a shot, but if I get them wrong, it's not my fault. I don't want to have to research every villain before bringing them into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalck View Post
    Was my sign up over-looked....
    It wasn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet because I've been busy with other things, and honestly, it hasn't even been 24 hours since it was posted. Your sign up is pretty huge after all, which means either one of us needs to allot the time out to read it from beginning to end. Try to be a little patient, please. We'll get around to it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    It wasn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet because I've been busy with other things, and honestly, it hasn't even been 24 hours since it was posted. Your sign up is pretty huge after all, which means either one of us needs to allot the time out to read it from beginning to end. Try to be a little patient, please. We'll get around to it eventually.
    I just wanted to be sure. There were a lot of reasons, I wasn't being impatient. It was right before a new page, and I saw Bron post without acknowledging it. I've ran RPs here before, I know the posting system can get crazy, sometimes. Please, bear with me. It's Thanksgiving break and I'm home from college and bored at home, while the rest of my family is at work or school during the day.

Also, hopefully tomorrow (If I don't get too busy) I will send a PM to both of you GMs with what I meant by 'I'll contact you later' with what I put on my character's Other info. However, I've stayed up playing Black Ops II for too long now, and will attend to it tomorrow. Maybe. Yeah, hopefully. As in Tuesday, that's what I mean by tomorrow.
    The Pokemon Professor Extraordinaire
    For great Pokemon News, Rumors, trips, and tricks, visit
    Pokejungle.net
    and the forums at
    MountMoon.net
    I'm a Professor Extraordinaire there, too!

My Black 2 Team:

Since my character is a magician, is it OK for him to learn new spells much later in the story. Of course, these new spells are not entirely new, but are basically improvements to his current spells.
    Please help my dragons

I dunno Neo, for me it's easier to use existing characters than make up entirety new ones, but that's just me.

Food Guy's signup was not too huge to read on my phone. I'd just like to say sorry again Zalck.

Samantha I'd say you can start learning new spells as soon as they're needed. Entirely new ones, too. With how we designed her, Shade can be a little....overwhelming.

Oh and I'd like to acknowledge I did read you Zekshirom, just wasn't sure what to say since it was a comment to everybody. All I can say is the mansion might be looking abandoned by now or something, since richer people would probably be the first to be looted. You might have a hard time meeting up with people who don't feel like going to look for you specifically, without meeting bad guys. The city is arbitrarily huge, after all.

Perhaps it's better to make a map? I'm just wondering how people feel about this. I'm personally not good at maps, and making a map takes out some of the mystery and spontaneity, solidifying the playing field. It can become too predictable.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 20th November 2012 at 11:59 AM.

Yeah, I definitely agree with Bron here. People shouldn't feel restricted into feeling they can't train or add on new abilities to their characters.

As for a city map, I suggest we just use an already existing real life city map and just go off of that. City maps take a very long time to make.

Jump city is based on San Francisco and Boston so maybe we can use a map of them
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

I would be perfectly happy to CREATE a villain, but any of the writers would have access to him/her. Also, I will clarify My characters powers and then, if you want, you can post suggestions on ways of killing him, to balance out the range of abilities at his disposal. I have a great concept for him, that I would like to share with you all. Basically, I kinda adapted the concept of the Greek hero Achilles. I was thinking, that my character, has 2 main Achilles heels, but they are both MENTAL, NOT PHYSICAL. The first one is the Tommy one, as anyone who read my character's application, but the second could be that, if Renegade is mentally blocked from wolf, he will be put into a raging state, and without wolf to help direct his anger and calm him down, then he will become like Peeta out of hunger games, an angry person that attacks anyone he sees, and will have to be locked up because he is mentally unstable. But, I don't know how they would be able to detain him... Thoughts? I will get around to making you a villain ASAP
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

How strong is shade's telepathy?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Anyone may ref for me

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast