Thread: After Halcyon Days Discussion

Default After Halcyon Days Discussion

After Halcyon Days

A GingerDixie Roleplay

This thread has been approved by Kamotz.

This is the discussion thread. Sign ups are here, and the RP thread is here. Sign ups do not close even after the RP begins.

POSTING INFORMATION

[This RP will be using post headers, which serve to help let other RPers know who is interacting with whom and at what time, as well as keep track of character effects that last more than one post. I believe in one rule about post headers, and that rule is K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid*)

* no offense intended

Therefore, this is all I expect of a proper heading to an RP post:

Character Name and Species
    Faction and Orientation
    (Optional line for any ill or beneficial effects your character may be suffering, and how long this affect has lasted for)
    RPers Affected (Both character name and RPer name)

Thus, here is what it would look like in the RP:

Thibault the Aromatisse
    Trained Faction/Urban Oriented
    Ruins of the Mauville City Gym
    (Optional Ill/Beneficial Effect: Post 1/3)
    Affected Characters: Esme the Aromatisse (GingerDixie)

USING MANIFEST ABILITIES

As is stated in the premise below, Manifest abilities cannot be controlled with utmost precision. However, they can be used, and when the time comes that you wish to use an ability in the RP, I ask that you please quote it from your sign-up sheet and include it in your post below, like so:

They were vermin, the lot of them. Nothing but beggars and thieves who did nothing but take and give nothing back in return.

Thibault continued this mantra as he continued to fire Moonblast after Moonblast at the wild Pokemon horde who had launched the raid against the Gym, his mate standing bravely by his side and aiding his efforts with her own powers. They'd been at it since about 5 o'clock this morning, when the Loudred guard who went by the name of Decibel had first raised the alarm, warning the small pocket of trained Pokemon that trouble was approaching. At first, he'd thought it was rotters. And then, he was hit with an Aqua Jet. And all hell broke loose from there.

Whoever was left standing was doing a good job of keeping the ferals back, but just as Thibault started to get complacent, a scruffy-looking Raichu darted beneath the bolts and balls of energy flying towards his comrades and having the gall to head straight for Esme. His disposition was calm, collected even, but just as he raised a filthy paw to place it on his mate's face a fiery red flare of anger rose sharply in Thibault's chest. Without thinking of it, his claws began to tingle, and the griffon takes several long, slow steps towards the offending ruffian just as a white glow began to emit from his fingertips.

Mystic Claw: This is an enhanced swiping attack, activated in extreme times of stress such as fear, anxiety, or anger. Thibault's claws are enveloped in a white glow that lasts only until contact is made, and his claws harden and hone automatically to the tempering of a meat hook, automatically slicing easily through soft tissue and gouging toughened skin or armor with ease.

NPC Effect - This attack is always deadly to an NPC, and will cause the foe to bleed out either very slowly or very quickly, depending on where the swipe lands.

PC Effect - This attack is powerful enough to injure, but not kill, a player character, and those with a shallow Manifest of skin are especially more likely to recover quickly. However, while the wound will not kill it may scar, and depending on the area struck the character will or will not be incapped, yet still aware of their surroundings to react.
    The Raichu turned just in time for Thibault to sink his claws into the electric mouse's neck, his beak bared as he tore the feral's throat out with an almost supernatural strength. As the Raichu gurgled out his surprise Thibault yanked upwards on his trachea while simultaneously kicking him away from Esme, tearing the cartilage and leaving the male with a fistful of blood and viscera, his own red eyes as wide and glassy as the dying rodent before him. Behind him, his mate let out a startled cry, and it seemed as though Pokemon on both sides had stopped attacking in shock at the gruesome scene before them.

And so it stayed for only a few seconds...but to Thibault, those few seconds seemed like an eternity. Then some female on the wild side screamed and the leader of the raid ordered a retreat, leaving Thibault, Esme, and the remainder of the Gym settlement in stunned silence before the Aromatisse simply dropped the dripping mass in his hand onto the floor, where it landed with wet, anticlimactic "smack".

They were vermin and thieves. Beggars who did nothing but take and gave nothing back in return.

But then again...with this sort of power...what did that make Thibault?

Story:

Spoiler:

Setting:

Spoiler:

Faction/Orientation Information:

Spoiler:

Manifests:

Spoiler:

Rules for the Discussion Thread

• All Serebii and RPG Cafe rules apply.
    • The purpose of this thread is to ask questions relating to the RP in general, and I will be using it to post additional information on the story as well. Please do not post here if the question you pose only applies to one RPer. As such, please settle interactions between singular characters with the other player through the VM/PM system.
    • If you also have any suggestions on improving the story or RPing experience, this is also the place to pose them. Further discussions may take place elsewhere but if it is an idea requiring everyone's input, I would prefer it be where everyone can see it.
    • PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL. I know from experience that not everyone gets along, and that's okay. But please don't turn this thread into off-topic chatter and flaming. If you have a beef with another player, I would prefer you keep it out of here to avoid cluttering it up around story-pertinent info.
    Last edited by GingerDixie; 25th March 2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Whoops, forgot to put the mod that approved this!
    I have claimed Nuzleaf

Current Chapter Progress: Chapter IV, 10% complete
    Second Place: Best Pokemon-Centric, 2013 Fanfiction Awards
    Credit goes to Brutaka for the banner

aah, lovely. I will try making a first post tomorrow. What should the first post be about? Anything we should include?

Quote Originally Posted by Schade View Post
    aah, lovely. I will try making a first post tomorrow. What should the first post be about? Anything we should include?
    There have been no changes to the basic story thus far, so no. There's nothing special that needs to be included. Trust me, when I post addendums and stuff like that I'll make sure everyone knows about it.
    I have claimed Nuzleaf

I've been wondering, what about the pokemon in the PC system? Where are they? Are they alive, and do they know what has happened to the outside world? I don't know, so does anybody have any ideas?
    (Whatever the GM say is canon is canon.)

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Chess Zoroark View Post
    I've been wondering, what about the pokemon in the PC system? Where are they? Are they alive, and do they know what has happened to the outside world? I don't know, so does anybody have any ideas?
    (Whatever the GM say is canon is canon.)
    I would think that they would be alive, if only in a sort of stasis, and doomed to stay there forever until either the computers lose power and kill them all, or a Pokemon eventually figures out how to get them out and releases them. And it depends on how recently they were put in there. While neither of them would have any idea of how bad it is, Pokemon deposited in the PC box before the Pokecross outbreak would obviously be oblivious to what's going on, and will become immediately infected should they be attacked or touched by a Manifested Pokemon, or bitten by a zombie. Pokemon put in there during the outbreak will probably be infected with the virus and not know it, as I'm following the rule that, like normal Pokerus, the "timer" on a Pokecross infection can be paused by placing a Pokemon in the PC box. Upon release of these Pokemon, however, the mortality rate is about the same as it was for Pokemon who were present for the entire pandemic...about half of PC Pokemon hypothetically released into the world as it is now will die from Pokecross while the other half will survive and gain Manifests.
    I have claimed Nuzleaf

I just figured that this would probably be the best place to announce it, so I'll announce it here, but Ginger, if you have a problem with it, then I'll delete this post.

I decided to make a userbar for every character in this RP. I have completed most of them, and I will PM them out.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

That sounds cool, I'll certainly stick it in my (empty) signature

Appending a couple thoughts here;

-Zhia has at least a few characters that she'd have an interesting reaction to;
    --Austin would be nearly an automatic frenzy for her (provided she isn't provided a reason otherwise.
    --Weavus, due to his romancing tendencies, would likely learn what it is to be pummeled by a put-off Zangoose
    --Apchagi and Zhia would, type advantages non-withstanding, be apt to some fairly heated fights, and the two are likely to constantly butt heads with each other
    Last edited by Eon Spirit; 27th March 2014 at 7:14 AM.

Well, I'll try to make sure this thread doesn't die.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in some character interaction in the near future. Anyone interested?
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I actually would be, as I think Kieran and Eris could have some very humorous interaction, with Eris trying to manipulate Kieran and him just pestering her with his reactions. Although, I do have to question how they could interact, as Eris is set very far from the rest of the cast. Still, if there's a reason for the two to meet, I would certainly like to have the two of them interact.

Zack and Evan, the most badass pokemon on the planet

Credit to Queen_Lugia for the recolors and the pixel-over.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeconator11 View Post
    I actually would be, as I think Kieran and Eris could have some very humorous interaction, with Eris trying to manipulate Kieran and him just pestering her with his reactions. Although, I do have to question how they could interact, as Eris is set very far from the rest of the cast. Still, if there's a reason for the two to meet, I would certainly like to have the two of them interact.
    I don't know, Eris is rather... Well, she's Eris. You could ask Ginger, she was in an RP where I played Eris before. But that's beside the point. I actually did have plans for Eris to move out for reasons that you'll see once I make my next post, so if you're interested in planning something out, send me a VM or PM, and we could plan it out.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Where the **** is everyone!

Okay, since Andy seems curious as to what's going on, I'll just say what I'm doing.

I've been extremely distracted as of late, first with Digimon, then with Chain of Memories and then my mom has been using the laptop more often meaning I couldn't write my post down. Plus, I just recovered from getting sick, from a trip, and the internet connection has been acting up a bit but I'm still trying my best to get my post up. But with all that's happened, my motivation got shot so I'm doing my best to overcome that and get myself to post.

And that is my current status.

Credit to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Andydemon View Post
    Where the **** is everyone!
    As with Char, my motivation's been pretty shot. I just can't think of ways to make any real contributive and progressive effect on the RP besides repeating more zombie-killing, which doesn't really change anything. Because of that, I just find myself doing other things.