Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

Dropping in to say that I'm alive and will be rejoining the RP in what I hope to be a timely manner.

I've been unable to post due to life, so I'm kinda out of the loop. Any spoilers of past, present, and future events would be greatly appreciated. =)

Oh, and I will be dropping Contrary. Whether or not I replace him will depend on how quickly I get a SU up.
    Last edited by Pokefan0234; 30th January 2013 at 4:47 AM.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Looking forward to that!

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Hi everybody, please look at this picture.

http://blog.webosaurs.com/wp-content...inosaurs11.png

Just a quick note I thought I should bring up. Fossil just became argentinosaurus, the purple dinosaur in this size chart. Notice the giant red dinosaur, amphicoelias. In other RP websites, where I had used the Fossil, Mods there banned my usage of amphicoelias. Due to its size, its pretty close to god-moding, and I can certainly agree. I didn't ask earlier because against shade, size really didn't matter. But against Drache, Fossil could, potentially, defeat him one-on-one with this form.

So my question, to Bronislav and Avenger Angel, is should I have Fossil use amphicoelias against Drache in the far future?
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Shade could have morphed you into a puppy, but against Drache I honestly have no idea. Only Neo can make that call since I had not designed Drache like I mostly designed Shade. It's his character and I will agree with his input.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    So my question, to Bronislav and Avenger Angel, is should I have Fossil use amphicoelias against Drache in the far future?
    I'd be okay with you using amphicoelias. Sure, you could potentially defeat Drache one-on-one (potentially, not likely), but then again, very few fights have been one on one. So yeah, go ahead and go all out. I don't consider that god-modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    I'd be okay with you using amphicoelias. Sure, you could potentially defeat Drache one-on-one (potentially, not likely), but then again, very few fights have been one on one. So yeah, go ahead and go all out. I don't consider that god-modding.
    ok, thanks. I just wanted to be sure.

Also, I have another interesting question. Since Shade is dead, and Blackfire's only purpose of being here was to be the one to ensure Starfire's survival so she could kill her later, whats stopping her from trying to kill starfire now?

It's still not a fair fight and Star is not at her best. Let's just say Blackie has a sense of honor of sorts now, and fighting her sister now wouldn't be a fair fight. Her purpose is to make sure nobody else kills Star. That never meant just Shade. She's there to ensure Star survives to be killed by her and only her.

Small announcement. I dunno if anybody has noticed, but I've been busy. I really want to post but haven't been able to due to an event on STO. Also mom has a birthday today (Feb 5th) and we are doing some things today and tomorrow. I'd like to try to post, but it could get delayed.

Also my internet is going to be terri-bad for at least a month, maybe more. Getting online is hit or miss, but I will be actively trying. T-Mobile is expecting upgrades/repairs in my home area on the towers until late March.

Sorry to all affected.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 5th February 2013 at 10:02 AM.

I'm about to release Titania from her frozen prison.
    Is that alright?
    Please help my dragons

Go for it. I'll add her to the first post when I get a chance. Don't need to wait for that, though.

EDIT: Alright added Titania to the list.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 17th February 2013 at 8:53 PM.

Bron and I talked this over, and we decided we need to put a kind of "Combat Guideline" into play since people are getting a bit too carried away with exactly how much they can do in a single post. We've been seeing people make too many attacks in an unrealistic amount of time, as if they are given super-powered speed boosts when their characters don't have that kind of superpower.

Generally, we want to take the RP and make it more turn-based RPG style, where you get the following each post for your character AND any NPCs under their control:

These actions do not have to be done in this order.

ACTION 1: A CHANCE TO DEFEND/TAKE DAMAGE

When your character is being attacked, you can do ONE of the following:

• Take damage/allow your character to be hit
    • Dodge the attack (should not be used successively many times in a row, or else you make it look like your character just never gets hit).
    • Parry, deflect, block, and so on and so forth (see above, don't abuse)

Again, your character SHOULD take damage every now and then, or else you're god-modding by giving them super luck of having everything resolve in their favor by never getting hurt or having one of their defense actions result in failure.

Also, you get this action EACH TIME YOUR CHARACTER IS ATTACKED. So if three people are attacking your character at once, you get the chance to respond to each of them, but bear in mind, if your character is being attacked that many times, at least one of them should do some kind of damage. Dodging/blocking all three without a scratch isn't right on any level.

ACTION 2: A CHANCE TO ATTACK

You can attack another character or named NPC however you'd like (unnamed NPCs like the moths or sentient vehicles don't count toward these allowances, albeit you shouldn't wipe out all these these kinds of NPCs in a single post). Once you've decided on your target and how you want to attack them, that's your attack. This business of moving from one to two to three different targets and unleashing an attack on all three of them in a single post has got to end. Yes, I know we didn't have a rule about this before, but we do now. Otherwise, there's nothing that says you can't attack everyone three times on the opposing side. So, you get one attack against a single enemy target.

And again, NEVER, EVER say your attack hits or declare it to be successful if the target is in the hands of another RPer who never authorized you to land a successful attack on them. That's bunnying and that's illegal.

ACTION 3. ONE MINOR OFFENSIVE/MINOR ACTION

Besides your attack, you can do some other combat/support action that does NOT attempt to directly damage a target, such as healing your character, prepare a weapon, use a device/equipment, and so on.

If you choose, you COULD sacrifice your entire attack action to perform several support actions by breaking away from the fight and using that post to use or set up weapons/equipment, heal, and other non-combat actions in a single post.

OR

You can perform a minor combat action, such as a fast and weak attack against another target, which would be along the lines of throwing/shooting a weapon that would realistically take less than three seconds, or use a quick melee attack against a target that's very close to you. In order to do this, your character should not be traveling to have to perform it, and should not be able to travel anywhere after said attack is made. In other words, you can't make your quick attack and then run away. Not to mention this attack is quick and you don't have time to take careful aim.
    ---------------------

So with all these in mind, you could do the following for example:

• Dodge an incoming fireball - Your DEFEND action
    • Throw a boulder at a target - Your ATTACK action
    • Plant an explosive charge on a building to collapse it - Your MINOR SUPPORT action (detonating it would have to wait until next turn).

Another example:

• Getting struck by an incoming electric attack - Your DEFEND action
    • Throwing a suppressing net on an enemy - Your MINOR SUPPORT action
    • Attacking the same netted enemy with a thrown explosive - Your ATTACK action

Another:

• Blocking a grenade by taking cover - Your DEFEND action
    • Attacking Target A with a rocket launcher - Your ATTACK action
    • Attacking Target B's rifle in an attempt to disable the weapon - Your MINOR SUPPORT action

And finally:

• Responding to a fireball attack by using a wind attack on it - Your DEFEND action
    • Summoning creatures as support allies - Your MINOR SUPPORT action (this does not include ordering them to attack, which would count as an attack action. Here they would only be on standby to be used next post)
    • Hot-wiring a nearby vehicle - Another SUPPORT action taking the place of the ATTACK action

See, not complicated, but it keeps things fair and realistic. And yeah, this is the ways things really need to be done from here on in.
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 23rd February 2013 at 6:27 AM.

Do note that defensive actions are entirely optional.

In the last example, Control Freak took up his standard support action by ordering the summoned creatures to attack.

We call this the 1.5 attack setup. In a RP where there are many players and NPCs interacting at the same time (Seriously why are people piling on Star and Drache?), the amount of actions per single character needed to be outlined.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 23rd February 2013 at 7:12 AM.

A question though. What about attacks that are widespread? Things like earthquakes or Discharge would hit more than one person right?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

I can see how Headache's flaming sticky body move might have been a bit much, but to be fair, I tried to make it so that the attack only wiped out a good chunk of moths, not every single one.

As for the truck Detour is facing, I wouldn't say that fight is over yet.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
    A question though. What about attacks that are widespread? Things like earthquakes or Discharge would hit more than one person right?
    That's still one attack, even though it has multiple targets. But to be fair, the damage should be diluted among the targets. So a Discharge against one target would be a heck of a lot more painful than a Discharge used against ten.

The alternative, which I don't think most people would like, is that we take into account the aspect of possible friendly fire. Such as if you're using an Earthquake attack, yes, that's going to hurt your allies as well.

I honestly just feel we should just stick with diluted damage if you're using a multiple target attack like that.

But Neo there's always the possibility for friendly fire. It's just that people usually try to aim their attacks to where there's no friendlies, even AOE attacks.

Mug you said Detour again lol. What do you mean the fight isn't over? You disabled the truck. That's good enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Mug you said Detour again lol. What do you mean the fight isn't over? You disabled the truck. That's good enough, right?
    Oh man! I swear, it's such an easy mistake to make, since I practically based Headache off of Detour.

As for the truck, knowing Control Freak, he could make it do something.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Oh man! I swear, it's such an easy mistake to make, since I practically based Headache off of Detour.

As for the truck, knowing Control Freak, he could make it do something.
    Ninjice stole his remote though. He can't really do much without it until he gets another one.

Meh.

Anyway, I'm kind of waiting for THEIRONDONUT to post before making one.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Meh.

Anyway, I'm kind of waiting for THEIRONDONUT to post before making one.
    Understandable, just don't wait too long for him. Otherwise people may wait on you and it kind of bogs things down with "waiting chains" as I call them.

And Control Freak will get another remote, don't you worry. One that will make his old one seem like crap.

Is it just me, or is Tecna really overpowered? I mean, turing ALL the villans machines against them? It really decided the battle.

Also, I have another creature for Avenger Angel to approve. This one is tricky, becuase the fossil evidence is poor, so the bones might describe a long-necked dinosaur instead of a carnivore. Nonetheless, I have to put it out there. Kelmayisaurus, if its a meat eater, would be 45 feet tall and 80 feet long. For a contrast, T-rex is 20 feet tall and 40 feet long. I don't have a picture this time, but trust me, it would be a possible dragon killer.

I probably wont use it, since its likely not to be a real animal, but I feel the need to run it by you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    Is it just me, or is Tecna really overpowered? I mean, turing ALL the villans machines against them? It really decided the battle.

Also, I have another creature for Avenger Angel to approve. This one is tricky, becuase the fossil evidence is poor, so the bones might describe a long-necked dinosaur instead of a carnivore. Nonetheless, I have to put it out there. Kelmayisaurus, if its a meat eater, would be 45 feet tall and 80 feet long. For a contrast, T-rex is 20 feet tall and 40 feet long. I don't have a picture this time, but trust me, it would be a possible dragon killer.

I probably wont use it, since its likely not to be a real animal, but I feel the need to run it by you anyway.
    I would agree, Tecna is a bit OP, but I'll step up to the challenge. Bron's tactic to send the villains back to the stone age was expected as soon as I saw one of his technopath characters sprung up, but there are solutions out there for it.

As for the dinosaur, you could, but you'd probably wreck a good portion of the city becoming something that huge, or you would have a very tough time moving around through the streets without wrecking everything in you path.

Hope this doesn't start dying. I feel like we're approachng this limbo. In any case, its always fun to see Bron and Avenger try to outwit one another.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    Hope this doesn't start dying. I feel like we're approachng this limbo. In any case, its always fun to see Bron and Avenger try to outwit one another.
    Nah, it's not dying. What makes you say that?

They'll be more fights and action coming, of course.

I'm also kind of wondering if I shouldn't make a villain. I kind of want to make another Baku lady to add to the "multiple Magic Tapirs" story I'm kind of starting to develop for my characters.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast