Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

I don't think it's a good idea playing both sides. You run into a conflict of interest if your characters meet.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

I've played as both a hero and villain before, I'm sure I could make it work. Besides, between Headache and another Baku person, I'd kind of want conflict.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

What happens when you need to have one defeat the other? Just seems like you're creating a villain only to kill it off.

Speaking of spaces, I will be making a sort of VM rally soon to mark people inactive and allow more villains to sign up. If they don't post for a week they'll be marked inactive. Inactive people will be marked dropped if they don't post for a month. After that if they want back in they'll need to be re approved, which means they'll need to hope there's space to allow them back in.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 25th February 2013 at 9:29 PM.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

@Bronislav84 How much longer till I can start?

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    What happens when you need to have one defeat the other? Just seems like you're creating a villain only to kill it off.
    Oh trust me, that's not the plan.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Codi please, I have a life. Reading people's signups is difficult if not impossible on my phone, even with a 4.8" screen. Please hold on until I'm at my computer tonight.

It's not Mug? Then what, they're going to clash repeatedly and indefinitely without neither winning? Really no disrespect meant, but that sounds slightly boring.

Sorry Bron. Didn't mean anything by it. I'm just a little impatient at times.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    It's not Mug? Then what, they're going to clash repeatedly and indefinitely without neither winning? Really no disrespect meant, but that sounds slightly boring.
    Trust me again, what I have in mind will not be excluded to fights against Headache. It might be a slight rival at best, but the only thing that really connects the two would be the magic tapirs. Other then that, they pretty much have no reason to target just each other.

I understand Codi. I'll be able to look your character over more closely tonight. If you're that impatient, our can start because Neo approved you already. Though I might need you to change things if I find something odd, although it will likely be extremely minor.

I see Mug. I guess it could work then.

I'll wait till you go over it, Bron.

On second thought, I'll go ahead and start and have you let me know if I need to change anything
    Last edited by Codi Kenhai; 26th February 2013 at 2:28 AM.

Good that you started. I can't do anything important tonight pertaining to RP. You should read up at least the last 5 pages at bare minimum. For example Shade is dead.

Going to make posts and the VMs tomorrow. Anybody who hasn't posted in a while will have a week to post.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 26th February 2013 at 5:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    "What the hell is this?!" he whispered to the apparently splinter cell. One talent that Seeker also had was an adverse reaction to Shade's field. Once she vanished, they proceeded to go with their plan. In the last hour or so, Switcher has been gradually infecting villains with diseases from Viral, about one villain every 5 minutes, However, they have also been modified to be slow and gradual by Toxicant while the locations were determined with Seeker. Beyond that, Switcher had also been placing tablets of poison around villain areas that dissolved into their food and drink.
    So all the villains die without a fight, the RP ends extra early, and we have probably the cheapest victory obtained and the most unclimatic ending ever to be written in the history of anything.

I don't guys, how you do you feel about DVB suddenly making all of your characters completely useless before ending the RP early?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    So all the villains die without a fight, the RP ends extra early, and we have probably the cheapest victory obtained and the most unclimatic ending ever to be written in the history of anything.

I don't guys, how you do you feel about DVB suddenly making all of your characters completely useless before ending the RP early?
    All the villains? Are you out of your mind? Overall, the Titans were gone for... 1-2 hours so that's 12-24 villains out of... what 100? 200? and we're not even including all the mooks in this one... And they're thier moderate leveled diseases. They're not incurable. I mean, its like the flu or things like that. Besides, they may not affect most of them. Sheesh. I imagine most villains would be competant enough to have medicine. I doubt Malchior or any supernatural or mechincal villains could be taken down by sickness.

So quit being a sore loser and be moderate about this. If you want me to edit my post, I will. I already told you beforehand, but instead of trying to think of a resolution, you put me th scapegoat.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

All the villains? Are you out of your mind? Overall, the Titans were gone for... 1-2 hours so that's 12-24 villains out of... what 100? 200? and we're not even including all the mooks in this one... And they're thier moderate leveled diseases. They're not incurable. I mean, its like the flu or things like that. Besides, they may not affect most of them. Sheesh. I imagine most villains would be competant enough to have medicine. I doubt Malchior or any supernatural or mechincal villains could be taken down by sickness.

So quit being a sore loser and be moderate about this. If you want me to edit my post, I will. I already told you beforehand, but instead of trying to think of a resolution, you put me th scapegoat.
    I think a great question to ask here is if this had been done to the heroes, would you have been totally okay with it? I really don't think so.

The problem with saying "yeah, sure, DVB, easily and effortlessly poison all the bad guys" is that it makes it seem like that's a perfectly okay and acceptable tactic for any RPer to do and it essentially gives you the kill switch on every villain in the RP. If one of them becomes even remotely challenging, you can write them off like there's nothing to it, meaning all the other heroes can just coast through everything knowing DVB has it all covered. Suddenly, all the power in the RP is yours and you've given yourself a quick and easy way to win whenever you'd like. All in one quick and easy paragraph.

Sore loser, huh? Remind me, how many RPs have you been kicked out of again? I think you need to watch both your attitude and your RPing style more closely. I shouldn't have to ask you to edit stuff like this out. These kinds of cheap strategies that undermine the entire RP shouldn't even be considered in the first place.

Been kicked out of one to be honest. And this was onyl done for dramatic effect. You could just make it that only nameless crooks and D-Listers can be knocked away or isntead simply have some of the moderate villains have a head-cold or something.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

I'm not sure I like villains being poisoned to death, either. I would much rather be going around town and picking fights and carding villains Neo isn't using.

So you want me to edit the post then or what?

So you want me to edit the post then or what?
    You're missing the point. If I were to allow you to poison the villains this way (any villain), both instantly and completely without detection, it opens the door for you to infect them with something instantly fatal and you would totally get away with murder. One, it makes it impossible for me to counter such an action, two, it greatly depreciates the effective storyline value of all other heroes in the RP with the fact your characters have an advantage that makes all of them obsolete in comparison, and three, it puts the villains entirely at your mercy and gives you complete access to write off whoever you want at any time very conveniently. No RPer should be able to have that kind of leverage and control over what happens in the RP singlehandedly.

In addition, you also infected a large number of villains, declared your attack to be successful, and established future opportunity for yourself to utilize something more lethal all in one paragraph. Accepting this as is basically says it's okay to for you to kill whoever you like without a fight, without an opportunity for the villains to detect and counter, and without reasonable risk or limitation on your behalf to perform such an action. In a single post, you could have every villain dead if you so desired with complete success, zero risk to any hero character, and with very little effort on your behalf.

TL:DR Yes, you're god-modding and should change it.

He's mentioned to me that diseases have antidotes and you can concoct one. The non fatal ones, anyway. He also said he's told you this, as well.

It doesn't matter. I'll come up with something else

Question

Hello everyone, sorry my posting has been infrequent but I am trying to establish some order within my life So here is my character plan, and I just wanted to check with you guys to see if this seems ok:

Renegade:
    Basically, Renegade has just come back from major blackouts and loss of memory, from an attack on Shade in the docks, to a fight going on outside, on Northern *Devisardo street (*hope I wrote that right) and basically, He has been told by Wolf (who was conscious whilst he was not, and sensed the fall of shade and the rise of Drache (Obviously now this means that Slade seems to have taken over now, but whatever)) and he has been informed by wolf that Madame Mist has brainwashed him and implanted a seed of treachery within his consciousness. As you all know, Aaron can can become unstable without Wolf in his head, and an unchecked mind (for renegade) leads to devastating consequences. So he has rushed back to base to inform his comrades of this personality disorder and risks that are involved with it. He will (from now on until a while ahead in the RP) be prone to severe changes in personality. his trains of thought will go off track, into paranoid and lonely thoughts, and he may snap, accuse, and storm off from fellow Rpers and NPC's alike. Anyone is welcome to befriend or shun him, I guess, but can I get a heads up so I know the style that I would write toward you character if they did ever cross paths. At the moment, he regards Starfire, Fossil, Gameboy and Ninjice as his only friends, but eventually it will reach a point where he just tips off the edge. You are welcome to try and help him, but I am not sure how I will resolve this plot twist, though I do know it will involve defeating (not nesecarily killing MM though, possibly just one of her NPC minions). NOTE: Renegade will not know that the mind control is planting personality shifts in him, he only thinks she is trying to control him, so when he cuts out the seed in his mind, he does not realise that the poision has already seeped into his ind, cutting him off from wolf, and warping his thoughts

Madame Mist:
    Madame Mist will return from where she was on Northern Devisardo street, back to the main baddy camp. She will recognise Slade/Drache (I think it's Slade) as her new leader, and claims she did not sense Shade's death due to prolonged secluded Meditation, cutting herself off from the material world. She will then go Black Ops for Slade/Drache, causing Mayhem and destruction. However, by the sidelines, she will let the Main leader, and only them, of her success at getting inside Renegade's head. She will spearhead this assault, and Renegades destructive and reactive changes (that will be seen later on in the story) are of her doing. She will go on any major Bad-guy campaign as a helper, but may flee if an important change comes up in her research. She will notify the leader of the group if she does so.

The Butcher:
    The Butcher will find himself falling out of a wall in the relatively abandoned battlefield, due to an unnamed NPC energy blast, which also knocks him unconscious. If this is ok With Sam, I will have him aid Yoko in the fight against Gameboy and Ace. After this, he is at the Slade, and only Slade's tyrannical disposal, for killing, slaughtering and scaring anyone, claiming that Slade was closest to Shade, and He would know what to do.

SO, here are my major plans! Tell me faults, rejections and other stuff please, I will accept (almost) anything with grace. Thanks guys, Donut out!
    Last edited by THEIRONDONUT; 1st March 2013 at 8:14 PM.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    Hello everyone, sorry my posting has been infrequent but I am trying to establish some order within my life So here is my character plan, and I just wanted to check with you guys to see if this seems ok:
    I definitely understand. Your plans are pretty good to get back up to speed with things. I don't have any problems with it.

A little long winded, but looks good to me Donut. I'm just waiting for DVB to make a new post before posting again, since he ended up deleting his old one.

Will post hopefully soon with a new idea in mind.

Hopefully I can finish it without having my computer bluescreen me

Ok then, thanks guys. I think I will be able to space this out well enough
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast