Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

Quote Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
    How strong is shade's telepathy?
    If you're within her mile five radius of power influence, she can pretty much read all your character's thoughts. And it allows me to use what would generally be considered OOC knowledge in my favor.

Sorry, but in an RP with nearly a dozen heroes and barely any bad guys, she's got to have the edge.

Donut that would be bothersome to have around. Shade can already read his mind and make him blow the heck up whenever she wants. That weakness is really too unstable to even have, and I think you should just take it out. We don't need friendly fire.

Other thing is, the Villains should not know there's a building resistance movement at all, who is a member, or who the leaders/generals are. It just happens that people tend to disappear and reappear randomly, but nobody in the Villain community knows what's going on yet. For now, Shade included. There's no battles being fought yet either, and both sides are just recruiting, while the Villains believe they're in complete control of the city.

Any questions?

Also I'll get to putting my final thoughts on the people waiting to be added to the first post later today. I need to charge my phone so it's battery lasts the full 2 hours I need to use its hot spot feature for my computer as long as possible. That's when I'll look over those who aren't added in yet into the first post, and add them in. I do trust Neo, but I'd like to see stuff for myself, too. Lately I've just had time to skim, and I'm sorry for that.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 20th November 2012 at 8:13 PM.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Other thing is, the Villains should not know there's a building resistance movement at all, who is a member, or who the leaders/generals are. It just happens that people tend to disappear and reappear randomly, but nobody in the Villain community knows what's going on yet. For now, Shade included. There's no battles being fought yet either, and both sides are just recruiting, while the Villains believe they're in complete control of the city.
    No. No. No. No. No. Please.

Let's get right into things and not slowly and painfully waddle around dealing with slow, interest-killing and motivation-slaughtering formalities and sheepish turtle tactics. It's bad, and every time I see an RP do it, it dies before the action starts. The best storylines, movies, video games, and RPs I've been in got the action and the intensity moving IMMEDIATELY. Furthermore, the exposition has already been set. We already know the Resistance is forming and recruiting, and they can continue to do so over the course of the fight. We don't need to rehash the point across again and again until we're tired enough to go look for other things to do besides participating in this RP.

Otherwise, there's actually no reason for me to even post with Shade except for the one "oh, I've already conquered everything I need to" exposition post until the Resistance comes out, which may be a while, so I might as well go back to playing Team Fortress 2 or Borderlands 2 until you guys are actually ready to really get things started for real this time. And if you guys take your sweet time with the recruiting process before finally getting the courage to take a stand, it's going to get boring for the villain side and make it even less appealing to sign up for.

Lastly, the only way for Shade to not be aware of the Resistance is that it can't actually exist yet or is so small that the one or two people that are aware of it have managed to evade Shade's Aura. So no, please. Let's get through the boring pre-game events quickly and get straight to the heart of the action.

I have a question about Shades Aura. I read it extends in a 5 mile radius around her, but does that apply to whats above or below her? If I had the Fossil flying high above her as a pterosaur, would she know? Or If he burrowed deep underneather he fortress as a diictodon, would she be able to tell? I'm mainly curious, but I've had a few ideas.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    I have a question about Shades Aura. I read it extends in a 5 mile radius around her, but does that apply to whats above or below her? If I had the Fossil flying high above her as a pterosaur, would she know? Or If he burrowed deep underneather he fortress as a diictodon, would she be able to tell? I'm mainly curious, but I've had a few ideas.
    Adding on to this is the aura visible?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    No. No. No. No. No. Please.

Let's get right into things and not slowly and painfully waddle around dealing with slow, interest-killing and motivation-slaughtering formalities and sheepish turtle tactics. It's bad, and every time I see an RP do it, it dies before the action starts. The best storylines, movies, video games, and RPs I've been in got the action and the intensity moving IMMEDIATELY. Furthermore, the exposition has already been set. We already know the Resistance is forming and recruiting, and they can continue to do so over the course of the fight. We don't need to rehash the point across again and again until we're tired enough to go look for other things to do besides participating in this RP.

Otherwise, there's actually no reason for me to even post with Shade except for the one "oh, I've already conquered everything I need to" exposition post until the Resistance comes out, which may be a while, so I might as well go back to playing Team Fortress 2 or Borderlands 2 until you guys are actually ready to really get things started for real this time. And if you guys take your sweet time with the recruiting process before finally getting the courage to take a stand, it's going to get boring for the villain side and make it even less appealing to sign up for.

Lastly, the only way for Shade to not be aware of the Resistance is that it can't actually exist yet or is so small that the one or two people that are aware of it have managed to evade Shade's Aura. So no, please. Let's get through the boring pre-game events quickly and get straight to the heart of the action.
    You had no problem with it before when we talked about it, why now? Shade can singlehandedly slaughter everybody as the RP starts. We need to build some kind of strategy before facing her. I thought we agreed on this?

And yes it's meant to be that nobody has wandered into her radius yet. Otherwise she can just storm in and kill everybody because she'd know our location.

What else would you have me do? Attacking her right as the RP starts is suicidal. We all know it.

Hmm Grass, I'm gonna let Neo answer this, because I hadn't really thought of that. Maybe it's half spherical? Doesn't extend below ground level very much, if at all?

As for visible. It really doesn't have to be. You should be able to see the difference just by how changed the landscape becomes. If Neo wants to have signs beyond that or not change the landscape, then I'll leave this to him to decide.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Can we use this for a map: http://www.shipdetective.com/images/...tricts_map.png
    (P.S. It's a huge image)

We can just state what district or area of that district we are in, just to get a general idea of space and position.

Also, I'm just going to post my ideas here instead of PM. Well, most of them.

First, I would like to suggest (Especially since we are trying to decided how to start the action) that what I used in my RP sample (edited to how you see fit) be the opening post of the RP, therefore others can either have been listening to the speech, or are the members going on Sam's 'mission' that will give some of us our first actions. That way, we really aren't doing anything 'major' against the bad guys, but we are also have some 'action' to go off of. Definitely just a suggestion, but I think that will help us get off on the right foot.

Also, I am considering a Villain Sign-Up, but unsure if I really want to handle two characters. I can always create some sub-generic bad guys for us to bag on, and for Shade to use. Perhaps Shade found all the cannon baddies to weak and puny, and either enslaved them to her bidding, killed them, or sent them away (where they joined the renegades). That way, we can use SOME cannon on the bad side, SOME cannon on the good side (I.e. Starfire's sister, as Brons suggested) and it would explain why some of them never show up at all (enslaved to mundane tasks, or they're dead.) Since Shade can basically set up her own reality, she can re-create people or things into new baddies that will do her every bidding.

My villain character is actually forming up quite nice at the moment... If it was an A.I. persay like Cortana on Halo, since she could be everywhere and no-where, can she be immune to Shade's reality bending powers? Since she is literally a program, and has no physical form, I feel like she would not be a part of the reality that Shade could bend. Not that she would be completely invincible, like she could be destroyed if Shade disconnects her, and traps her in a physical storage device, and destroy's that device. Or there could be other ways. But I feel like I would need a baddie that would not be 100% at the will of Shade. That basically means Neo needs to approve it.

I think the last thing, I will PM Brons and Neo about, seeing as I want it to be more of a surprise.... Okay. I think this wraps this post up!
    The Pokemon Professor Extraordinaire
    For great Pokemon News, Rumors, trips, and tricks, visit
    Pokejungle.net
    and the forums at
    MountMoon.net
    I'm a Professor Extraordinaire there, too!

My Black 2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    It's pretty much a giant sphere around her. So yeah, it would cover the skies.

Quote Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
    Adding on to this is the aura visible?
    I would say yes. Let it be a kind of violet-colored bubble around her, although the changes inside would be a pretty obvious far offshoot from reality just to make it even more obvious.

You had no problem with it before when we talked about it, why now? Shade can singlehandedly slaughter everybody as the RP starts. We need to build some kind of strategy before facing her. I thought we agreed on this?

And yes it's meant to be that nobody has wandered into her radius yet. Otherwise she can just storm in and kill everybody because she'd know our location.

What else would you have me do? Attacking her right as the RP starts is suicidal. We all know it.
    Well, then we have a pretty severe issue in terms of communication getting across. Like I explained in our chats, I AM NOT GOING TO SLAUGHTER EVERYONE WITH SHADE'S POWERS BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE WAY SHE BEHAVES. I'll repeat it again. I AM NOT GOING TO SLAUGHTER EVERYONE WITH SHADE'S POWERS BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE WAY SHE BEHAVES. She will be challenging and tricky to deal with, but I'm not going to make it "suicidal" to face her, because then no one will even want to go near the Aura and it makes for a very, very lame duck RP.

So please, don't urge people to utilize turtle tactics and waddle slowly with boring exposition stuff. Have a little bravado and go for the gusto. You go after her, she goes after you, and so on. I'm not going to be zapping people dead left and right with her powers, but I don't want to see you guys just hiding in holes the entire RP and not stepping up to the plate. Either go big or go home. Seriously. It really does sound like you simply just don't trust me at all with this and you're encouraging everyone to not even try.

And like I said before, the best villains DO NOT KILL THE HERO. They keep messing with them and keep letting them helplessly see the mess they've made while the villain enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalck View Post
    Can we use this for a map: http://www.shipdetective.com/images/...tricts_map.png
    (P.S. It's a huge image)

We can just state what district or area of that district we are in, just to get a general idea of space and position.
    That rocks, let's just use that and stick with it. It's easy to follow and there's plenty of space to use.

As for the other stuff, if Bron really insists on doing exposition stuff, okay, but I really want to expedite it and get things going. He may like turtling, but I urge everyone else to step up to the challenge and not think going after Shade is "suicidal." Shade is tricky and crazy, but she's not some kind of goddess that smites people instantly. She toys with them and plays cat and mouse with them. Yeah, she'll kill a few people every now and then to set an example, but she's not out to turn all of Jump City into a nuclear holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    It's pretty much a giant sphere around her. So yeah, it would cover the skies..
    Yes, but HOW far up? and you didn't mention if it goes underground as well. If it only goes a few inches down, the Fossil can just dig a tunnel under her, deliver a bomb or something and taker her out.

Ok Neo, I guess we did have a communication issue there, cause I thought you were cool with it. Sorry man. I like your idea better.

I do trust you, but then again I'm not the one who designed her inner personally and inner thoughts. I left that to you and I wasn't 100 percent sure on how you were going to play her personality. Fairly or not wasn't the question.

On the rest, fair enough, but I personally need an exposition and somewhere to hoard the unfortunate people who are outcasts now. If we lose the base, like I've said, I have no fallback plan.

I also like the map. It's organized enough that we know relative locations, but arbitrary enough that we can say we're in a distinct and not be actually near each other. There's room to wiggle.

Grass he's literally talking about a sphere, 5 meters radius with Shade in the middle. As I thought.

Let's have fun people!

Grass he's literally talking about a sphere, 5 meters radius with Shade in the middle. As I thought.
    Sorry if I'm getting annoying, but I just have to understand this. Is her bubble 5 meters or 5 miles? The sign-up said 5 miles.

Yup, it's miles. Meters just wouldn't be practical.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 21st November 2012 at 1:43 AM.

So I gotta ask, Shade needs to KNOW about someone's presence for her to be able to effect someone specifically, right? So if you were say, invisible, Shade wouldn't know you are there? And I would assume since my character also has mind reading powers (to an extent), he'd be able to prevent Shade from reading his thoughts, whilst simutaniously she would be able to block him from affecting her mind?

Also got an idea for a villian; he's gonna be simple, and he's not really going to be loyal. But hey, he'll be a villian.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

I think that the thing to remember about Shade, like any good uber-villain, is that she will have a weakness. Do we know what it is yet? No. Even when we know what it is, will we know a plan on how to exploit it? no. But these are things to be solved in time. If we really could just defeat her in a battle, then why hadn't we done it already? It doesn't make sense.

Just thing about video games. If you could beat the final boss right at the beginning, where would the fun be?

And on the flip side, if the Final Boss just walked up to you in your first level and demolished you, where would the fun be in that? For both the hero and the villain. That's how games, TV shows, movies, stories, etc. Work.

I dunno. I'm just saying for ya'll to think about.
    The Pokemon Professor Extraordinaire
    For great Pokemon News, Rumors, trips, and tricks, visit
    Pokejungle.net
    and the forums at
    MountMoon.net
    I'm a Professor Extraordinaire there, too!

My Black 2 Team:

Know, as in sense you for at least a one bazillion'th of a second. Mind reading optional.

If somebody is psychic I would say they're allowed to have a battle of wits with her, but winning and not getting mind read would depend on who writes it better.

Zalck you make excellent points. Just one thing though, most video game villains don't see the hero as much of a threat at the start of the game, or aren't aware of them for 75% of the story. Neo wants to have Shade start off knowing about the residence existing.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 21st November 2012 at 3:12 AM.

I have an idea for a villian. This new villian primarily serves as Kotamae's nemesis, although he will often try to hunt down other heroes. This villian won't be human, and he will have three minions at his disposal.

Should I make an app for this new villian?
    Please help my dragons

For those making Villains while already having a hero "main", I'd say you should only make a form for them if you are going to be writing from their perspective separately. If you're just going to write them occasionally, or letting Neo narrate them, prolly doesn't need a full form.

Okay, I'm honestly thinking of scratching off Shade's mind reading/controlling powers, since it's making everyone... paranoid. That, and it would solve the problem of making sure she doesn't know the real truth behind the Resistance but can still be aware of it being out there somewhere. She could be trying to find it, but since she can't read minds, they're staying hidden from her. Meanwhile, you guys can work behind the scenes and do your thing.

She has plenty of arsenal at her fingertips already even without that, so it's not exactly going to put her in a meager situation. Since everyone is concerned about these powers of hers, I say I drop them for her.

So yeah, those are my thoughts.

I agree that mind reading and reality bending together may be a little overpowered. Maybe she just knows exactly where people are when they are in the aura or something?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Yes, let's go with what Big suggests, while removing reading everybody's minds/control of NPCs. Nice compromise that sets everybody at ease a bit. What do you think Neo?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 21st November 2012 at 5:56 AM.

Yes, let's go with what Big suggests, while removing reading everybody's minds/control of NPCs. Nice compromise that sets everybody at ease a bit. What do you think Neo?
    Yeah, I'm game with that. Instead of being a mind reading/mind controlling thing, it can just work more as a radar instead.

EDIT: Actually, I think it would be better even without that ability. I think it would be better if she could be caught by surprise. So yeah, no mind reading/controlling power at all. She's got plenty already.
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 21st November 2012 at 6:01 AM.

No if she can be caught by surprise, that's game. Super speedy characters can just kill her in 2 seconds as DVB originally suggested to me by VM. Let's just leave it as being able to sense they're in her area and where, immediately. Insta-radar.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 21st November 2012 at 7:33 AM.

No if she can be caught by surprise, that's game. Super speedy characters can just kill her in 2 seconds as DVB originally suggested to me by VM. Let's just leave it as being able to sense they're in her area and where, immediately. Insta-radar.
    Nah, there's plenty of ways to counter something like that even without a "radar." Even with her being up against super speedy characters.

Besides, if she has a "radar," then the element of stealth goes out the window. The good guys should have a chance to sneak behind enemy lines if clever and resourceful stealth tactics are used, even while in Shade's Aura. I also think this would motivate people into being more on the offensive rather than defensive.

Ok, your funeral. :P I just don't want this to be easy if somebody plays a Flash-like character. Their super speed is just overpowered. Flash can beat people's faces in a thousand times before they even have a chance to react.

Sight based doesn't always work. If you're sure I'll remove it from the first post here when I'm adding people to approved later today.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 21st November 2012 at 4:21 PM.

FOr the aura, what about the star wars concept of the deflector shields? It would mean that people must enter her aura to attack her, so ranged attacks would be harder, giving the villains an adavntage. Thoughts?
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast