Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Vatii View Post
    Sup. Few questions.
    What the hell happened?
    How can I be a part of this?
    Why didn't Note tell me?
    And I'm going to be a part of the Island Hoppers.
    That last one wasn't a question.

wow you have been go for a long time lol

welcome to the new clan

super accepted!

hey vatii. the clan went south so note made a new one. no idea why he didn't tell you.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

guys, less spam please. take it to vm if you must, but i dont want archangel breathing down our necks. if you are going to have a conversation, keep it pokemon related.

if you want to have a conversation, vm, or general chat thread.

welcome back "vatii."

now, i believe a current topic is dragonite. favorite sets /what works in today's meta. discuss

dd or cb are my favs. followed by rain abuser or life orb all-out mixed attacker., though it's been a long time since i've used it. and then parashuffler. i'll post the sets later tonight.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    guys, less spam please. take it to vm if you must, but i dont want archangel breathing down our necks. if you are going to have a conversation, keep it pokemon related.

if you want to have a conversation, vm, or general chat thread.

welcome back "vatii."

now, i believe a current topic is dragonite. favorite sets /what works in today's meta. discuss
    The Adamant + Choice Band is a classic, with max attack and the band it's ATK stat reaches past 600. Combine that with Extremespeed...

I joined Team Sky just before the new thread opened.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

DDnite for being the most viable, CB set for its sheer powah and ferocity, and the parra-shuffling set for straight-up trollin' your opponent.....darklord knows what I'm saying there. They all good. Anything else usable that isn't the plain ol' tank set is gonna be too abusive of rain. That's not to say they aren't good, but I favor anything that isn't going to lose its full ability to function without your weather of choice up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    and the parra-shuffling set for straight-up trollin' your opponent.....darklord knows what I'm saying there.
    **** that battle.....

parashuffler dnite is so BULKY! omg, i wish he would ragequit life! though, i dont think that parashufflers work anymore. the metagame has gotten too fast paced and hardhitting.

I tend to agree. The DD and CB sets are definitely the best (DD being easier to play). Stuff any "stall sucks" arguments you have in a sack though. It might be less accessible in the current metagame, but it's extremely effective if you know how to play it.

i love it when people set up.......when i have my ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I tend to agree. The DD and CB sets are definitely the best (DD being easier to play). Stuff any "stall sucks" arguments you have in a sack though. It might be less accessible in the current metagame, but it's extremely effective if you know how to play it.
    but, stall does suck nowadays. it was a hard playstyle to begin with, but now it just can't handle the powerhouses, like keldeo, genesect, and garchomp. the prevalence of set-ups on hyper offense teams also really kills it. no pokemon is bulky enough to withstand 6 pokemon, most at +2, and their respective STAB or s/e move. blissey can't even wall specially oriented teams anymore, or it'll get a psyshock/secret sword to the throat. too many pokemon can break down the ferrocent core, so thats off the wall. skarmory is skarmory, who doesnt have much offensive potential anyway. in fact, the only good defensive backbone core that works extremely well imo, is amoongbrotran. it stops pretty much every common threat, and you cant even wear it down with toxic or spikes due to regenerator. heatran blocks genesect completely, bar rare hp ground sets, amoongus walls keldeo, thunderus-t(heatran as well). slowbro has garchomp. heatran again has tornadus-t. landorus rp sheer force sets...those are like, the only problem. but probably amoongus, or balloon heatran, if it has balloon. my point is, its just so hard to find decent stall teams nowadays, as they just become overpowered. i agree, if you play them right, they work. but how often are they played right?

Happy thanksgiving peoples!!!

Username/What you want us to call you (Keep it reasonable): Touya
    What Division you are applying for; Subway Raiders
    Recommended by?: N/A
    Reasons for Joining: I was in Team Sky before.
    Games played?: Pokemon Black, PokePark 2
    PO/Showdown access (Yes/No): Pokemon Online, yes. Showdown....no.
    If yes what is your username: TouyaBlack
    Wifi access (Yes/No): No
    Jobs interested in?: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

super accepted!

but, stall does suck nowadays. it was a hard playstyle to begin with, but now it just can't handle the powerhouses, like keldeo, genesect, and garchomp. the prevalence of set-ups on hyper offense teams also really kills it. no pokemon is bulky enough to withstand 6 pokemon, most at +2, and their respective STAB or s/e move. blissey can't even wall specially oriented teams anymore, or it'll get a psyshock/secret sword to the throat. too many pokemon can break down the ferrocent core, so thats off the wall. skarmory is skarmory, who doesnt have much offensive potential anyway. in fact, the only good defensive backbone core that works extremely well imo, is amoongbrotran. it stops pretty much every common threat, and you cant even wear it down with toxic or spikes due to regenerator. heatran blocks genesect completely, bar rare hp ground sets, amoongus walls keldeo, thunderus-t(heatran as well). slowbro has garchomp. heatran again has tornadus-t. landorus rp sheer force sets...those are like, the only problem. but probably amoongus, or balloon heatran, if it has balloon. my point is, its just so hard to find decent stall teams nowadays, as they just become overpowered. i agree, if you play them right, they work. but how often are they played right?
    The only stall members I have ever trained are Muk and Cradily,the latter also being effective offensively too with storm drain boosts and ancient power to provide coverage and stat boosts across the board.
    But...as you say,if they can set up on you,then you're done for.
    Critical hits or toxic poison=death.Although it doesn't mind other status at all,and I celebrate when someone gives Cradily a thunder wave.
    But I have managed to take out dragon/flying types nice and easily with it-even after a Salamence uses a dragon dance outrage,it can take two attacks without a boost.

Stalls Venusaur to death quite nicely too; it can counter multiple weather teams, but works much better than Gastrodon in the sun.

Incidentally,does anybody know if magic coat bounces back taunt?I have yet another idea in the making...

EDIT: It does-and it blocks so many other things too: it also reflects encore,leech seed(which will rarely be useful),roar and tickle.
    ...so the foe ends up tickling itself then > <
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 22nd November 2012 at 5:32 PM.

well well well. touya. how'd your clan work out?

Ah good, we have most of the old gang back!

Touya has a clan? O.o

So do you guys think i should put both of my shops in the clan or in the art and trade shop threads?
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i love it when people set up.......when i have my ditto
    I would personally and on the behalf of all the players ever say this. *Clears Throat* **** DITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I hate this thing so much. I really think it should be moved to Ubers just because of its ability to turn a team that shouldn't ever ever ever be able to beat you into something that is impossible to stop. It is definitely a breaking in all tiers because of its shear ability to turn an entire battle on its head in one turn with nothing to counter it. Other then revenge killing you can't just kill it. It steals all of your stat boosts and then proceeds to rape your whole team off of your work. Its just plain evil.

I know it really isn't broken enough to be moved to Ubers or even locked in OU. I just wish it was unspokenly banned, like quick claw. You can use it, but everyone hates you for it kind of thing.

Stall is even starting to stop working in Ubers. I am pretty sure that the only tier where it still works in UU sometimes.

i believe IIRC substitute blocks imposter's effect, so thats a boon, especially since most set-up sweepers use substitute. otherwise, just good prediction and teambuilding. the first rule of teambuilding is to make sure you cant be raped by variants of your own team.

happy thanksgiving to all my u.s. homies.

SEEMS LIKE i WAS AROUND SO LITTLE IN THE FIRST PLACE NOBODY EVEN NOTICED i LEFT XD

I might be coming back since it seems to be back as good ol' team sky.
    and CG ain't much fun, but they have a PO channel, which you should try to make, it reall yhelps giving a sense of cocmmunity, plus, it's the only place I'm ever active lol
    Last edited by joepotatoe; 23rd November 2012 at 4:31 AM.

KNEEEEL!!

Soulsilver FC: 1936 2631 4750
    White FC: 0476 4493 5094

Check Out My Awesome All-New Trade shop!

Credit to Cyrius for the AWESOME Userbar c:

Quote Originally Posted by joepotatoe View Post
    SEEMS LIKE i WAS AROUND SO LITTLE IN THE FIRST PLACE NOBODY EVEN NOTICED i LEFT XD

I might be coming back since it seems to be back as good ol' team sky.
    and CG ain't much fun, but they have a PO channel, which you should try to make, it reall yhelps giving a sense of cocmmunity, plus, it's the only place I'm ever active lol
    We do have a PO channel, it's just that it's invisible when no one's in it.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    We do have a PO channel, it's just that it's invisible when no one's in it.
    I always go to that channel for battling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

I like that channel because I can check my own rating without having to hunt my name down on that huge list =)

@Darklord: I do like that Sub blocks imposter but its still frustrating in and of itself. I guess its just a personal preference.

i like how everyone was talking about dragontie because i put him as the pokemon of the week. should i keep doin that?

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast