Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sky

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i like how everyone was talking about dragontie because i put him as the pokemon of the week. should i keep doin that?
    Go for it,it gives us something to talk about
    Problem with POTW is the fact that it's always the same people giving the overviews...some are much more comprehensive than others.

And the doubles and triples options section is nowhere near useful enough at the moment,in my opinion.

Yeah i like that idea! well ive decided to to post the art and trade shops on here, so anyone who works on either one, let me know what is your job or what art you are willing to make. Vm or on here is fine
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

hey guys. on a hail team, is offensive or defensive heatran better? i'm guessing defensive, just trying to find something competitive to say.

EDIT: first battle with my new team. how's it look?

Spoiler:- battle:

SECOND EDIT: huh. it wouldn't actually wrap it in spoiler tags until i indicated what to call it. never had that happen before. while i'm at it, battle number two.

Spoiler:- second battle:
    Last edited by Ghosts of the Forums; 23rd November 2012 at 8:22 PM. Reason: dang it wrote "spolier" on the first tag of the second second spoiler.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

^Looking great
    Tell you what though,if you had magma storm up against that politoed,you'd have been flying.
    Sure,fire blast is slightly more accurate, but that trapping effect can be invaluable for any Heatran counters they might have-so you could finish them easily.

How about trying magma storm with a grip claw?Residual damage should stack up quite nicely in hail and protect.

Or a binding band could work -that would mean they could lose 18.75% of their health every turn whilst in battle.So almost a fifth...and they can do nothing but weather it.
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 23rd November 2012 at 9:52 PM.

Username/What you want us to call you (Keep it reasonable): Dbibit or Dbit
    What Division you are applying for; The Subway Raiders
    Recommended by?: Chingchar
    Reasons for Joining: Because Chingchar said it was cool and that I should join.
    Games played?: All pokemon games
    PO/Showdown access (Yes/No): PO yes PS no
    If yes what is your username: PO
    Wifi access (Yes/No): No
    Jobs interested in?: I'll tell you when I can tutor in NU

BECAUSE DAVID TENNANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbibit View Post
    are you new to competitive battling?
    if so i think you should stay with note and the hoenn division, but if you arent new to competitive battling i can take you

Hello, guys.
    What's new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

Welcome Dbit- I've heard from your brother that you're "a little...different".

But that's all I know-I'm sure you'll live up to your mysterious expectations in Team Sky ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    ^Looking great
    Tell you what though,if you had magma storm up against that politoed,you'd have been flying.
    Sure,fire blast is slightly more accurate, but that trapping effect can be invaluable for any Heatran counters they might have-so you could finish them easily.

How about trying magma storm with a grip claw?Residual damage should stack up quite nicely in hail and protect.

Or a binding band could work -that would mean they could lose 18.75% of their health every turn whilst in battle.So almost a fifth...and they can do nothing but weather it.
    thats a terrible idea! for one, tran would lose leftovers recovery, which sucks because its life is now timed. then, grip claw and binding band suck anyway. third, its now one on one with "heatran counters". yeah, right. literally the only thing it would be useful against would be chansey and blissey, and then only with taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbibit View Post
    Welcome aboard Dbit! what is your PO username? O/o
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    thats a terrible idea! for one, tran would lose leftovers recovery, which sucks because its life is now timed. then, grip claw and binding band suck anyway. third, its now one on one with "heatran counters". yeah, right. literally the only thing it would be useful against would be chansey and blissey, and then only with taunt.
    There are times when leftovers isn't useful: it depends what role you want Heatran to perform.In hail,yes,leftovers is useful,but in the long run it isn't affecting your longevity much at all.
    It's obviously unwise to pit Heatran against Heatran counters, but most counters switch in to resist this attack.Then you can switch out to check the counter-a golden opportunity to set up or destroy the counter.

And even then,the trapping effect lasts 4-5 turns,so assuming the opponent lacks recovery of any kind and binding band is equipped, they'll be dead by the end of it.
    It's just a suggestion that Ghosts might like to try; better to run a different set in the long run than a predictable one.

There are times when leftovers isn't useful: it depends what role you want Heatran to perform.In hail,,leftovers is useful,but in the long run it isn't affecting your longevity much at all.
    leftovers are one of the best items. ferrothorn with this and leech seed can stall for along time

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    leftovers are one of the best items. ferrothorn with this and leech seed can stall for along time
    I know all too well: it's a popular view.And I guess it might be handy for negating the damage of the hail.The extra damage might not be necessary because it's a 120 BP move...
    ...It floats my boat anyway.Forgive me: I like looking at the alternatives to the norm.

it may be predictable, but i like it more then the others. except dat tormentran.......

EDIT: here's the actual team. just in case anyone wants to give me advice or try it for themselves.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 172 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Roost
    - Protect

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Zen Headbutt

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psyshock
    - Rapid Spin

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 244 HP / 172 SDef / 92 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Lava Plume

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Wood Hammer
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Shard
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

EDIT: thought this battle was sorta funny. watch genesect vs gengar. best crit ever.

Spoiler:- yeah dawg.:
    Last edited by Ghosts of the Forums; 24th November 2012 at 1:44 AM.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

In hail,yes,leftovers is useful,but in the long run it isn't affecting your longevity much at all.

And even then,the trapping effect lasts 4-5 turns,so assuming the opponent lacks recovery of any kind and binding band is equipped, they'll be dead by the end of it.
    lolwut? the reason defensive heatran is used in hail is so that it can take any fire type moves that wreck hail teams. its also so it can just wall specially. lefties not useful in hail? ok. you lose that 6% every turn, especially since heatran has no other recovery.

4-5 turns of free set-up and/or a free ko. yum. either way, heatran is dying in ~2-3 turns. so its not all that useful for everyday use, and binding band most certainly not.

anyone else like mafia on po? well this made me luagh.

(20:13:51) Times Up! :
    (20:13:51) The Roles have been Decided! :
    (20:13:51) ±Game: You are a Shedinja!
    (20:13:51) ±Game: You are Shedinja, empty shell! Having been abandoned, you are now so angry you wish to take revenge on every other Pokemon. You may defeat an opponent with /kill, and any distractors will have their soul stolen; Wonder Guard also protects you from most attacks, and though you have a vote of 0, the total votes on you will always be reduced by 1!

EDIT: terra realy saved me on this one.

Spoiler:- terra comeback:
    Last edited by Ghosts of the Forums; 24th November 2012 at 3:00 AM.

lolwut? the reason defensive heatran is used in hail is so that it can take any fire type moves that wreck hail teams. its also so it can just wall specially. lefties not useful in hail? ok. you lose that 6% every turn, especially since heatran has no other recovery.

4-5 turns of free set-up and/or a free ko. yum. either way, heatran is dying in ~2-3 turns. so its not all that useful for everyday use, and binding band most certainly not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums
    it may be predictable, but i like it more then the others. except dat tormentran.......
    Say what you wish-I know I'm a bad competitive player in comparison with both of you,it was a mere suggestion that you might be able to utilise.
    Heatran itself will be switching into easy-kills.But they'll be switching out into Heatran counters.Magma storm will trap the counter and you can switch out into a more comfortable counter of your own,or a wall that could stall for 3-4 turns(which shouldn't be too difficult).

I trialled the Heatran and managed to defeat a swampert in this fashion.I switched out to a Mismagius and set up on it.
    It was gone in three turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums
    Say what you wish-I know I'm a bad competitive player in comparison with both of you,it was a mere suggestion that you might be able to utilise.
    Heatran itself will be switching into easy-kills.But they'll be switching out into Heatran counters.Magma storm will trap the counter and you can switch out into a more comfortable counter of your own,or a wall that could stall for 3-4 turns(which shouldn't be too difficult).

I trialled the Heatran and managed to defeat a swampert in this fashion.I switched out to a Mismagius and set up on it.
    It was gone in three turns.

...and for what reason is it stopping you from either x-swishing or just plain switching out of the counter?

...and for what reason is it stopping you from either x-swishing or just plain switching out of the counter?
    I'm not familiar with this term,but you could switch out of the counter as easily,although with trapping effects you have no worries of them switching out again.

last i checked, trapping effects end when the trapper switches. your plan has holes.

EDIT: xswishing is when both pokes switch.

How about we all just agree that the styles may be different because GoTF and Klaus are Singles battlers and Arch does Triples. Maybe Trapping moves are better in Triples. I can see how they would be, with so many pokemon on the field being able to trap one pokemon in while you swap to your counter could be extremely useful, even if in Singles Trapping moves are useless.

hey note, is there an equivilent to vanguard this time around?

i dont think so.

There will be a war team as soon as I get around to posting it. Everyone but the new admins will have to be tested to get in though. Regardless of prior membership.

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast