Hi guys,

First off: I'm a total beginner. I only tried my hand at competitive battling last week, and haven't really battled much since. So I thought I'd try my hand at building a team for myself. This is a first attempt so let me know what you think.

Accelgor (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast

- Accelgor is my lead, mainly because of its blinding fast pace. Mainly used to set up at least 1 layer of Spikes. In other cases, I might use Bug Buzz against lead Tyranitars/Espeons, or U-Turn to something safer.

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

- Jellicent is my special wall. Mainly just there to be something of a nuisance, afflicting status effects and sponging other attacks, then healing up with Recover.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

- Magnezone is the first "trapping" Pokemon in my arsenal. Mainly used to counter Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor. Also to function as respectable source of special attacks.

Dugtrio (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs:
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

- Dugtrio is my second "trapping" Pokemon. Mainly I'd use it to trap troublesome Pokemon like Tyranitar, Chansey or Blissey.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake

- My Stealth Rock provider, and generally all around beast. Main source of physical damage, and is tanky enough to boot. Given Leftovers for sustained offense.

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

- The last all-out Special attacker in my team, mainly here to finish up what the other 5 have started. With solid coverage and stats, should not be a problem to clean up.

I'd believe these to be my issues:
1. Rain teams - You may notice that I do not play with weather effects, and that's mainly because I can't seem to bring myself yet to play around with weather effects. Rain teams will allow Ferrothorn, Forretress and Scizor to wall my team, as Magnezone's HP Fire won't be doing much under rain.

2. Lack of spinner - While Jellicent is my spinblocker, but I lack a spinner of my own. Though given the number of pokemon with resistances to Stealth Rock, I don't know if this is a large enough issue.

3. Lack of a Dragon type - Maybe it's just me but my impression is that every team has at least one powerful Dragon pokemon that should sweep teams. I don't have one, because I don't see a space for one.

4. Dugtrio - How useful will it be in trapping and killing problem Pokemon? Would there be an alternative to this? I'm thinking Heracross, Infernape or Lucario.

5. Lack of Dark types - May give me a problem with Ghost types in the future, specifically Gengar. Though not that many of my Pokemon suffer from weakness to Ghost or Dark bar Jellicent

6. Natural Fire type weakness - 4 of the Pokemon on my team are weak to Fire attacks. Though I don't know how well Jellicent can hold out Fire types.

7. Accelgor - While I like how cool Accelgor looks, I wonder if I have other better viable options as a lead. I'm looking for a fast lead with access to U-Turn or Volt Switch, with good set up capability. Mainly to prevent getting Taunted. If I were to stick with Accelgor, would Final Gambit be advisable for taking out a potential problem Pokemon in one shot (at full health)?

These seem to be all the issues I can think of, would appreciate it if I can be given feedback in which direction to go. Thanks!