Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game status of Iris and Cilan and status in the anime.

Default Game status of Iris and Cilan and status in the anime.

Please, if this thread cause complaints, I didn't make more. This is a thread about the known effects of Iris' Champion status in the anime. If that should be in another thread, move on.

Well, if you already know Iris has increased too much her screentime since Season 2 started and since she's revealed Champion in the games. The status of Champion in the games caused that Iris increased her popularity quickly in the Pokemon fandom (in general). Although in the anime Iris won't be Champion (implies a time-skip) we're sure that this game title has affected her anime counterparts in various ways.
    -Capturing pseudo-legendary pokemon (Is Dragonite because Dragonite is marketable)
    -The crush that Iris has for Cynthia. (She can't for Alder because he appeared before in BW)
    -And that she went from a sidekick in Season 1 to a May-like sidekick in Season 2.

On the other hand, the amount of Cilan screentime appears to have decreased notably since Season 2, although the change isn't as extreme as Iris. That Cilan isn't a Gym Leader in BW2 could hurt Cilan's character in a way.

The questions, do you agree with the idea.

Note: if you wonder about the character screentime and considering the rest of the League, Ash's episodes.
        Spoiler:- Star episodes by character:
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 13th December 2012 at 9:08 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

It actually kinda makes sense :P But I wouldn't say Iris became a May like sidekick, she's just more like Misty but much more active, May had more than Iris :P Poor Cilan though D:

i think it was inevitable that iris would start to get more screentime after all her goal lends itself to it more than cilans.I think other elments from the games may start to permeate through eventually.

I think it was more because they were nearing Opelucid. Though I think the Cynthia thing was a reference to her Championship (and I do feel Dento stuff is coming around the corner. :P) Though I would LOVE a thingy based off of Dento's Memory Link.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I think it was more because they were nearing Opelucid. Though I think the Cynthia thing was a reference to her Championship (and I do feel Dento stuff is coming around the corner. :P) Though I would LOVE a thingy based off of Dento's Memory Link.
    Yeah it would be interesting if near the end of BW when Plasma is defeated the Striaton triplets decide to resign as leaders like in the games. If any Gym leaders vs Plasma stuff happens in the anime that is.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Iris' screentime only increased because the writers want to show off Dragonite. Notice how before that when she only had 3 pokemon her screentime was much more limited.

And she doesn't have any real ongoing quest that gets the same screentime the Contests did, so by default her role is smaller than May's.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Iris' screentime only increased because the writers want to show off Dragonite. Notice how before that when she only had 3 pokemon her screentime was much more limited.

And she doesn't have any real ongoing quest that gets the same screentime the Contests did, so by default her role is smaller than May's.
    I doubt that the writers would give Iris more screentime just to show off a 1st Generation Pokemon. It makes a lot of sense that with BW2 and Iris being the Champion that her fan base would go up so the anime wanted to give Iris a little more attention. Notice how before BW2 Iris was the 8th Gym Leader IF you chose White.

I definitely agree that her role is smaller than May's though

Outside of Iris and Cilan doing a bit more battling than Misty/Brock did, mostly thanks to the Don battle tournaments, their roles are the same as Ash's first two companions.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I doubt that the writers would give Iris more screentime just to show off a 1st Generation Pokemon. It makes a lot of sense that with BW2 and Iris being the Champion that her fan base would go up so the anime wanted to give Iris a little more attention. Notice how before BW2 Iris was the 8th Gym Leader IF you chose White.

I definitely agree that her role is smaller than May's though
    I think this why the anime staff should have more of an idea of what's going on with upcoming games than they already do. It can also help with pacing

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Outside of Iris and Cilan doing a bit more battling than Misty/Brock did, mostly thanks to the Don battle tournaments, their roles are the same as Ash's first two companions.
    But they're more developed!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    But they're more developed!
    Brock has more development than Cilan. Cilan is just the same ol' Cilan pretty much. As for Iris, her development has been bi polar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Brock has more development than Cilan. Cilan is just the same ol' Cilan pretty much. As for Iris, her development has been bi polar
    Brock literally was in the background for Hoenn and Sinnoh.

I think this why the anime staff should have more of an idea of what's going on with upcoming games than they already do. It can also help with pacing
    GameFreak probably doesn't want any information leaked about upcoming games

Brock literally was in the background for Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    For Sinnoh I agree, but he has always shown his caretaking and breeding skills alot. Which were presented in a better way than what Cilan does. Also, Brock had development as wanting to be a Pokemon Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    GameFreak probably doesn't want any information leaked about upcoming games
    But you'd think that the game developers and anime developers would be a better team than they are now. If anything they could give better information and if anything happens, just fire that person.

For Sinnoh I agree, but he has always shown his caretaking and breeding skills alot. Which were presented in a better way than what Cilan does. Also, Brock had development as wanting to be a Pokemon Doctor
    I think it's difficult to call Brock's decision to become a doctor "development." After 13 years of striving to be a breeder, for him to suddenly change his mind and want to be a doctor was jarring - especially with little to no hints that he was growing dissatisfied with his choice as a breeder and was leaning toward becoming a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I think it's difficult to call Brock's decision to become a doctor "development." After 13 years of striving to be a breeder, for him to suddenly change his mind and want to be a doctor was jarring - especially with little to no hints that he was growing dissatisfied with his choice as a breeder and was leaning toward becoming a doctor.
    There were a few episodes where he helped at a Pokemon Center and exceled, what he did in the series wasn't too different from what Nurse Joys do, Nurse Joys have complemented him on his skills(on a couple occasions I think) and he had a Happiny, the pre evolution to the signature Nurse Pokemon. And honestly, wouldn't everything he learned and knew about breeding be essential in being a Poemon doctor?

It's not a whole lot, but more than Cilan

There were a few episodes where he helped at a Pokemon Center and exceled, what he did in the series wasn't too different from what Nurse Joys do, Nurse Joys have complemented him on his skills(on a couple occasions I think) and he had a Happiny, the pre evolution to the signature Nurse Pokemon. And honestly, wouldn't everything he learned and knew about breeding be essential in being a Poemon doctor?

It's not a whole lot, but more than Cilan
    Well you can't say Dento's not developed until his final episode. :/

I do think he likes to play around and stuff, but I also think there'll be some sort of Sommelier Exams sometime.

I like Cilan, though. ._.

Well you can't say Dento's not developed until his final episode. :/

I do think he likes to play around and stuff, but I also think there'll be some sort of Sommelier Exams sometime.
    Of course, but we have no idea what he's supposed to be doing and how he can improve. With Brock we can see his skill in taking care and having knowledge of Pokemon more often and even when it's not the focus. What difference does Cilan's have now than the first few episodes we were introduced to him

I like Cilan, though. ._.
    Doesn't change Cilan's character

Of course, but we have no idea what he's supposed to be doing and how he can improve. With Brock we can see his skill in taking care and having knowledge of Pokemon more often and even when it's not the focus. What difference does Cilan's have now than the first few episodes we were introduced to him
    To be honest I think it's Dento's self who holds him back. The times he doesn't get hyper and energetic is when he figures things out the best..
    And as for his development we just have to wait and see where it leads. For all we know his development could be in Episode N.

To be honest I think it's Dento's self who holds him back. The times he doesn't get hyper and energetic is when he figures things out the best..
    And as for his development we just have to wait and see where it leads. For all we know his development could be in Episode N.
    He can also be a show off and butt into things. That's true, but why wait until Episode N to do anything of importance?

Well it's kinda obvious that stuff are gonna be more Iris-centric when they get close to Opleucid City, right? They're already quite far away from Striaton City, and Dento's story obviously won't be heavily focused. I dunno, we've only got like 22 episodes of season 2, but i expect more cilan-centric episodes after the league. Because Iris doens't really have anything now, now that Drayden ask wants her to be the gym leader.

Cilan will probably stay for gen 6 though, I guess?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Well it's kinda obvious that stuff are gonna be more Iris-centric when they get close to Opleucid City, right? They're already quite far away from Striaton City, and Dento's story obviously won't be heavily focused. I dunno, we've only got like 22 episodes of season 2, but i expect more cilan-centric episodes after the league. Because Iris doens't really have anything now, now that Drayden ask wants her to be the gym leader.

Cilan will probably stay for gen 6 though, I guess?
    Brock didn't have heavy focus but you can still see how he gained more knowledge about breeding and taking care of Pokémon. Cilan has gotten attention, but it's not usually pertaining to his goal

Brock didn't have heavy focus but you can still see how he gained more knowledge about breeding and taking care of Pokémon. Cilan has gotten attention, but it's not usually pertaining to his goal
    Well it's all up to the writers to decide when they want to give some focus to Cilan's conisseur career (I'm sure i spelt that wrong). Iris's Dragon Master goal is... sorta over for the anime since she's becoming a future-in-line-gym-leader. Her goal isn't finished, but the writers are gonna write her out for the next gen I guess.

I'm certain that Cilan will go for the S Rank test some day, when the writers feel like it. I mean, they gave him an "A" rank so that it can be expanded further on in the future right? Breeding don't have ranks, which is why it's harder to measure for Brocko.

Or he might gain a new interest, like contests? That'd be pretty kewl.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Thats cuz Brocko's been in the series since Kanto, we already knew so much about him and had what two fake out endings for himXD
    Dento on the other hand is new and has only been traveling around with Ash for one region so far, if it ends here for him I'd like a good ending arc for him with plenty of episodes since the league will be over by than. However, I do think Dento's journey just begun, I have a feeling hey'll be with us the next series, his VA and character are just too popular.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast