Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2787

Thread: BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

Kotetsu really seems to be pwning Ash... Well... yeah... poor Boldore, Oshawott, Snivy and Unfezant... all seem to be losing so bad

Pretty sure the only people bringing up anything about sexist vibes, are the ones defending Riolu.

The rest are complaining about its stupid arrogant look while it battles, not just that its 'taking down the girls'.. and that's a fair enough complaint to be honest, no-one likes an overly cocky Pokémon actually succeeding in something.

Stupid fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    To be honest, Oshawott had a few of training episodes. Those however, seem to amount to nothing in this battle. It's ridiculous if, for example, a Pokémon like Leavanny does better than Oshawott despite Oshawott getting much more experience throughout BW. See, this is why I hate Oshawott. Not only does he pop up when he isn't even wanted and wastes screentime, when it comes down to it, he can't help Ash because he's pretty much useless most of the time.
    Let's be fair now. He isn't battling any kind of pokemon. He hasn't participated in an official battle since the 5th gym and the next one he has is against a freaking Hydreigon. They could have given him a fairer opponent.

I agree with Graham about Oshawott being a joke... but only in this battle and against a pseudo-legendary. It just screams immaturity. I find more ridiculous Oshawott winning against the dragon than losing. No matter how strong people want to make him, he's never been that impressive and his strength lies in being the funny little otter that sells a lot of plushies. Nothing more. At this point I'm convinced Oshawott's purpose was never to become a powerhouse, just to be an entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    At this point I'm convinced Oshawott's purpose was never to become a powerhouse, just to be an entertainer.
    Which is stupid given how much of his "entertaining" screentime could have been given to Snivy or Unfezant.

Just goes to show the quality of writing in Best Wishes. -.-

....and now, her story begins.

Oh god Ash seem's to be doing really bad -_- and to top it off Riolu evolves
    Let's go Leavanny Energy ball

I wonder if Riolu will lose his walking Pokémon status after he evolves into Lucario. Also I'm glad Sazandra is not disobedient, Kotetsu is simply a good trainer and will be giving Satoshi a hard time. Due to this I don't understand why it would be unbelievable if Kotetsu won against Satoshi, just because he's scatterbrained Kotetsu has shown to be a well-rounded trainer. Plus being able to train a Sazandra is a great feat that would require skill to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Pretty sure the only people bringing up anything about sexist vibes, are the ones defending Riolu.

The rest are complaining about its stupid arrogant look while it battles, not just that its 'taking down the girls'.. and that's a fair enough complaint to be honest, no-one likes an overly cocky Pokémon actually succeeding in something.

Stupid fandom.
    Well I am just amused at people getting riled up at something that could be a one time thing even though we've already seen those kind of scenarios. A Pokémon riding on the back of a Flying-type in order to attack it? It's been done before. A Pokémon smirking while it attacks? It's been done before. And nobody got all angered about it and started going into a long winded and pointless ranting. Though I guess if you don't like any Riolu in general, then.....

This fandom is mainly so troublesome.... That's why I never look too deeply into Pokémon, I simply watch the anime and play the games to enjoy them.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    I wonder if Riolu will lose his walking Pokémon status after he evolves into Lucario.
    I wouldn't of thought so. its still capable of walking around with him without looking wierd.

Although the point would be moot if we never see him again once the leagues done

I don't quite understand why Kenharou and Gantle didn't battle Kenyan, that way Satoshi could have used his trusty Dragon Buster, Waruvial XD

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I don't quite understand why Kenharou and Gantle didn't battle Kenyan, that way Satoshi could have used his trusty Dragon Buster, Waruvial XD
    Probably 2 reasons.

1. He didn't know Kotetsu had a Sazandora
    2. Hakakomori/Gamagaru +waruvial both being on Satoshi's team would be it a lot harder to justify a loss.

Ugh.

One would think Oshawott would at least stand some chance against Hydreigon given how much more screentime he has gotten than all the other Pokémon. It's not looking good but I will be pissed if Oshawott actually goes down easily.
    We didn't see Oshawott after Dragon Rush and Unfezant and Boldore might just get the same treat

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Why are some people suddenly acting as if screen-time = good battling skills? I thought we all knew that Oshawott hasn't received that much training to start with, so pulling out the screen-time card doesn't help anyone's case. I also think it's obvious that he'll lose given Hydreigon's sheer size, incredible movepool and the fact that Pignite was shown delivering the finishing move in one of the previews. Oshawott doesn't stand a chance, and Ash's decision to use him was the worst one he's made so far in this League imo.
    Well yeah, he probably wouldn't stand a chance against Hydreigon all that much, but he could weaken the thing and I think Ash's choice was good. Sure he might lose to the Pseudo-Legendary, but at least it looks like he'll put up a bit of a fight against it and that would count as training for the otter.

To be honest, Oshawott had a few of training episodes. Those however, seem to amount to nothing in this battle. It's ridiculous if, for example, a Pokémon like Leavanny does better than Oshawott despite Oshawott getting much more experience throughout BW. See, this is why I hate Oshawott. Not only does he pop up when he isn't even wanted and wastes screentime, when it comes down to it, he can't help Ash because he's pretty much useless most of the time.
    How exactly does Leavanny(Definitely at that) do better than Oshawott?

Wastes? The last time he appeared he was ready to fight a Garbodor and some Trubbish(albeit so was Pikachu, but that was after Oshawott) and blocked a Gunk Shot from Garbodor. He may not be wanted at the time, but sometimes he does prove useful later and Ash could have wanted to send him out, just not at the time. And I don't see how he's useless, especially since almost every time he battles, he doesn't lose, well at least not lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Let's be fair now. He isn't battling any kind of pokemon. He hasn't participated in an official battle since the 5th gym and the next one he has is against a freaking Hydreigon. They could have given him a fairer opponent.

I agree with Graham about Oshawott being a joke... but only in this battle and against a pseudo-legendary. It just screams immaturity. I find more ridiculous Oshawott winning against the dragon than losing. No matter how strong people want to make him, he's never been that impressive and his strength lies in being the funny little otter that sells a lot of plushies. Nothing more. At this point I'm convinced Oshawott's purpose was never to become a powerhouse, just to be an entertainer.
    I think he's been fairly impressive in his battles. Lately people keep saying that his victories weren't impressive when the same people probably thought differently before and/or will think of it differently later on. And I bet people only say this because he hasn't had any big battles lately.

Plus, other Unova Pokemon that Ash has have had hardly any battles and have won just like he has and now they're targeting one particular Pokemon. My liking for Oshaowtt aside, I don't see why people call him weak now. Sure, I'm not a big fan of Pignite as I once was, but I don't call his wins meaningless(well, against Lenora I do) or him a weak Pokemon.

And it's no secret he's basically the only comic relief character now, but he can be that as well as a good battler for Ash, can't he?

Which is stupid given how much of his "entertaining" screentime could have been given to Snivy or Unfezant.

Just goes to show the quality of writing in Best Wishes. -.-
    Or they could have all had "entertaining" screentime, since one Pokemon appearing doesn't prevent another from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Didn't think of that, well I guess there's nothing we can do now.

On a much lighter note, I hope Virgil, Stephan and Bianca help cheer Ash on since it'll likely be Ash's last battle in the league.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Playerking. Mijumaru isn't weak, he's definitely one of the stronger Isshu Pokemon that has received actual on-screen training in BW and has shown to have some nice wins under his belt. Of course he's lost for the sake of the plot a few times like against Pod and his Baoppu or Bel's daddy's Hihidaruma. He's shown to be pretty impressive battle-wise in my opinion and has had some realistic and nice wins and development with learning to rely less on his hotachi against Kenyan's Shimama and mastering Aqua Jet to one-hit KO and capture Gamagaru. Not to mention he did take on Waruvile and valiantly win. Gantle hasn't had a realistic and fun battle to date, I just don't buy Dangoro evolving against Doryuzu and surviving so many attacks on the fly like that. :/ He's just more impressive than Gantle and Kenharou to me, that's why I'm somewhat upset over him not getting a win and being the target of Sanzandora's mini-sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    We didn't see Oshawott after Dragon Rush and Unfezant and Boldore might just get the same treat
    If he survives that Dragon Rush... I'll pay him my respects. I highly doubt he will though...

Well yeah, he probably wouldn't stand a chance against Hydreigon all that much, but he could weaken the thing and I think Ash's choice was good. Sure he might lose to the Pseudo-Legendary, but at least it looks like he'll put up a bit of a fight against it and that would count as training for the otter.
    I already said something to this... at the end of the day, if you aren't the one to finish off your opponent, then your still a loser. Now again, I like Oshawott, but I think Ash made the most stupidest mistake in sending him out against Hydreigon. If it has Ice Beam, I still can't see that justifying the Wott because his last true battle was against a Krokorok and then it lost to a Palpitoad.

How exactly does Leavanny(Definitely at that) do better than Oshawott?

Wastes? The last time he appeared he was ready to fight a Garbodor and some Trubbish(albeit so was Pikachu, but that was after Oshawott) and blocked a Gunk Shot from Garbodor. He may not be wanted at the time, but sometimes he does prove useful later and Ash could have wanted to send him out, just not at the time. And I don't see how he's useless, especially since almost every time he battles, he doesn't lose, well at least not lately.
    Oshawott and Pignite are currently tied for number of wins and Oshawott has one less lost them him.... this battle alone is about to change that. :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I just saw the Smash-Preview, and while it did show new footage, it did not show anything we didn't know already:

Boldore vs. Hydreigon: The first battle, as mentioned by the summary.
    Oshawott vs. Hydreigon: We knew this would happen.
    Pignite vs. Hydreigon: We knew this would happen.
    Pignite vs. Samurott
    Pikachu vs. Samurott
    Pikachu vs. Swanna
    Pikachu vs. ?: Switch
    ?
    Pignite vs. Ferrothorn: ?
    ?
    Unfezant vs. Riolu: We knew this would happen, and apparently uses Copycat again.
    Snivy vs. Riolu: We knew this would happen.
    Evolution: Was pretty clear that this would happen during this episode.
    Snivy vs. Lucario: Lucario
    Pikachu vs. Lucario: ?

It's pretty clear that the match will go:
    - In Kotetsu's favor until Hydreigon is taken down
    - Ash catches up and takes over until Riolu is sent out.
    - Lucario vs. Pikachu standoff is the climax of tired pokemon..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Wait, so the argument is that Riolu is the sexist one because its grinning while wiping out a Pokemon? Thats being cocky, not sexist lol.. and Cilan was at one point bordering on the line of sexism too?

Haha, this is hilarious! Thankyou so much for making my day that bit funnier with this crap xD

I really hope Kira is trolling :P
    Just because Riolu is smiling when beating Snivy? For God's sake xD

Can't wait for Eevee to pwn Lucario, most satisfying thing about this league lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Well the preview is showing Ash getting knocked around by Kotetsu. The DP 187 preview kinda showed the same thing with Paul, but Ash was able to pull things around, so maybe it'll be the same here. . . here's hoping anyway. . .

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Well the preview is showing Ash getting knocked around by Kotetsu. The DP 187 preview kinda showed the same thing with Paul, but Ash was able to pull things around, so maybe it'll be the same here. . . here's hoping anyway. . .
    Lol except that ep was pretty much Ash getting swept by drapion.

I see no reason for Riolu to evolve against Snivy. He was already pummeling her before evolution so if he does evolve against her then she will get destroyed. I just hope that Unfezant and Snivy don't get beaten up too hard against Riolu. Oh and Boldore and Oshawott against Hydreigon.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I see no reason for Riolu to evolve against Snivy.
    Riolu evolves by happiness though so you can't really predict when it'll evolve

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Riolu evolves by happiness though so you can't really predict when it'll evolve
    So he does enjoy hitting girls huh, good to know lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Don't forget most of his team getting poisoned, that didn't help as well. Ash could still turn this around, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    r u going to start up this pokemon sexist thing again haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    lol perverted little riolu
    OMG, doesn't he know copycat? What if Snivy uses Attract, and he uses copycat :O xD

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    r u going to start up this pokemon sexist thing again haha
    Well if he evolves from happiness and is evolving specifically in this battle....

Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast