Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2787

Thread: BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

  1. #2626
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    It's not just because Kotetsu is "scatterbrain". Ash is better than Kotetsu in everyway. Battling, intelligence(well...maybe not BW exactly), and bonding with his Pokémon. How could Kotetsu be better than Ash in any of those ways?
    Kotetsu just beats BW Ash in terms of evolution in their teams. Their Pokemon's movesets are both around the same in terms of coverage.

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Hey, I'll have you know that Satoshi found a kindred spirit in Kotetsu. ....Dent said that, it's not my own words.

    But yeah, nobody is better than the other. Satoshi and Kotetsu have their own way of doing things and that's it.
    Morrison says hi. Ash has 4 times the experience as Kotetsu. There's nothing to say that Kotetsu has been anywhere else.


    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Kotetsu just beats BW Ash in terms of evolution in their teams. Their Pokemon's movesets are both around the same in terms of coverage.
    Woah woah woah woah woah. Haven't people been saying that evolution or a Pokémon's species doesn't make it automatically strong? I recall this argument for Iris's Dragonite and Axew, Ash's Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, and so on....

    There's nothing Kotetsu has done to seem to be this amazing trainer everyone keeps saying. If someone can tell me something that Kotetsu has done in his debut or the 3 episodes before this that shows he is better than Ash, then my argument is false. I don't care about some random Hydreigon he has to conveniently take on half of Ash's team, it doesn't automatically make Kotetsu a good trainer
    Last edited by TheFonz; 18th December 2012 at 12:16 AM.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  3. #2628
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Morrison says hi. Ash has 4 times the experience as Kotetsu. There's nothing to say that Kotetsu has been anywhere else.
    Go back to Hoenn, Morrison. Nah I'm just kidding, I like the guy. ....Oh and you were including Ash's past travels? I was just talking about Unova.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Go back to Hoenn, Morrison. I didn't know you were including Ash's past travels, I was just talking about the Unova region.
    So the Unova League doesn't concern Ash's travels? We can't treat this Ash as an entirely different character, it's insulting.

    Ash is Ash. The same Ash that started in Kanto, then went to the Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, Sinnoh, and Unova




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    So the Unova League doesn't concern Ash's travels? We can't treat this Ash as an entirely different character, it's insulting.
    What? When did the Unova League get into thi-Oh wait, this thread.... I mean like comparing Kotetsu's style to Ash's style in Unova and only Unova.

    When you include other regions then yes, Ash has more than Kotetsu. But when you're just talking about Unova then no one has more than the other.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 18th December 2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    What? When did the Unova League get into thi-Oh wait, this thread.... I mean like comparing Kotetsu's style to Ash's style in Unova and only Unova.

    When you include other regions then yes, Ash has more than Kotetsu. But when you're just talking about Unova then no one has more than the other.
    So why are his Hoenn team(before BF) and his Sinnoh team considered better if he had the same amount of time? He wouldn't be doing this badly against Kotetsu, yet it would still be the same experience, just different Pokémon




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staryu_starmie View Post
    If overused moves are anything to go by, its probably rock smash again.
    Rock Smash is red.-_- It was white Pre-BW.
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Rock Smash is red.-_- It was white Pre-BW.
    it was white in the keldeo movie
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    There's nothing Kotetsu has done to seem to be this amazing trainer everyone keeps saying. If someone can tell me something that Kotetsu has done in his debut or the 3 episodes before this that shows he is better than Ash, then my argument is false. I don't care about some random Hydreigon he has to conveniently take on half of Ash's team, it doesn't automatically make Kotetsu a good trainer
    There's nothing Kotetsu has done to seem to be this amazing trainer everyone keeps saying YET.

    The gym battle with Shizui and his battle with Bell weren't enough to prove that Kotetsu is worth being top4 in Unova League. However, this battle may show Kotetsu's true potential.

    According to the scans he thinks he lost the battle after his Swanna gets KOed, that's a comic part of the battle, it doesn't really mean Kot has not enough IQ to defeat the mc.

    Many will be annoyed if Satoshi does worse than Sinnoh, but if Kotetsu is shown to be a good contender then I personally won't complain about it.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    There's nothing Kotetsu has done to seem to be this amazing trainer everyone keeps saying YET.

    The gym battle with Shizui and his battle with Bell weren't enough to prove that Kotetsu is worth being top4 in Unova League. However, this battle may show Kotetsu's true potential.

    According to the scans he thinks he lost the battle after his Swanna gets KOed, that's a comic part of the battle, it doesn't really mean Kot has not enough IQ to defeat the mc.

    Many will be annoyed if Satoshi does worse than Sinnoh, but if Kotetsu is shown to be a good contender then I personally won't complain about it.
    Kotetsu is the stupidest character since pre BW TR -_-. He shouldn't even be in the league.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    There's nothing Kotetsu has done to seem to be this amazing trainer everyone keeps saying YET.

    The gym battle with Shizui and his battle with Bell weren't enough to prove that Kotetsu is worth being top4 in Unova League. However, this battle may show Kotetsu's true potential.

    According to the scans he thinks he lost the battle after his Swanna gets KOed, that's a comic part of the battle, it doesn't really mean Kot has not enough IQ to defeat the mc.

    Many will be annoyed if Satoshi does worse than Sinnoh, but if Kotetsu is shown to be a good contender then I personally won't complain about it.
    He shouldn't be beating Ash just because of a Hydreigon and Lucario. I would believe Lucario being a huge threat only if a huge bond was shown between the two, being Ash and Pikachu copies don't count. Kotetsu beating Ash is random. It makes no sense, just like Hydreigon. People argue that Ash has trained soooo much, but off screen. What difference is there besides a few new moves?

    Ash should not be regressing




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    it was white in the keldeo movie
    Movie animations aren't really taken into account. Hyper Beam there was an orange blast if i recall correctly.



  13. #2638
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Movie animations aren't really taken into account. Hyper Beam there was an orange blast if i recall correctly.
    yeah the good ole days when power gem and hyper beam lookd different
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    it was white in the keldeo movie
    No it was green in the movie

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Kotetsu is the stupidest character since pre BW TR -_-. He shouldn't even be in the league.
    I don't know whose intelligence is worse Kotetsu or BW Ash. Anyway he should be in the league, just because he is stupid doesn't mean he shouldn't be. Ash shouldn't be in the league either for that matter then. Kotetsu is a good trainer with good Pokémon, and I wouldn't mind it if he were to beat Ash.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 18th December 2012 at 3:53 AM.

  16. #2641
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    He shouldn't be beating Ash just because of a Hydreigon and Lucario. I would believe Lucario being a huge threat only if a huge bond was shown between the two, being Ash and Pikachu copies don't count. Kotetsu beating Ash is random. It makes no sense, just like Hydreigon. People argue that Ash has trained soooo much, but off screen. What difference is there besides a few new moves?

    Ash should not be regressing
    First up, Kotetsu is an idiot, it's true, but he's never shown himself to be anything but competent in battle. He genuinely looked like he knew what he was doing in his battles against Marlon and Bianca. Plus, Hydreigon and Lucario aren't his only powerhouses; Samurott and Ferrothorn have both proven their strength multiple times. All in all, I find Kotetsu's win (if he does win) believable.

    Second, Ash isn't "regressing", the only Pokemon he has on his team that has any experience prior to Unova besides Pikachu. Everyone else on Ash's team is a rookie, being of at-most equal level with Ash's rivals. Heck, Trip's Serperior alone has been around longer than any of Ash's Unova Pokemon, and it's safe to assume that Bianca, Stephan, and Kotetsu have been training at least as long, maybe even longer (confirmed to be longer in Bianca's case). So yes, I find Kotetsu to be of equal level with Ash as the only of Ash's Pokemon that is certifiably more experienced is Pikachu, who is taking down at least two Pokemon.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  17. #2642
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    First up, Kotetsu is an idiot, it's true, but he's never shown himself to be anything but competent in battle. He genuinely looked like he knew what he was doing in his battles against Marlon and Bianca. Plus, Hydreigon and Lucario aren't his only powerhouses; Samurott and Ferrothorn have both proven their strength multiple times. All in all, I find Kotetsu's win (if he does win) believable.

    Second, Ash isn't "regressing", the only Pokemon he has on his team that has any experience prior to Unova besides Pikachu. Everyone else on Ash's team is a rookie, being of at-most equal level with Ash's rivals. Heck, Trip's Serperior alone has been around longer than any of Ash's Unova Pokemon, and it's safe to assume that Bianca, Stephan, and Kotetsu have been training at least as long, maybe even longer (confirmed to be longer in Bianca's case). So yes, I find Kotetsu to be of equal level with Ash as the only of Ash's Pokemon that is certifiably more experienced is Pikachu, who is taking down at least two Pokemon.
    The only reason he is competent is that damn bandanna. Without that he would of been creamed long ago.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  18. #2643
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The only reason he is competent is that damn bandanna. Without that he would of been creamed long ago.
    You might be on to something there. That bandanna is probably the only thing holding his brain together. In complete seriousness though, he's never acted stupid in battle like he has without.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  19. #2644
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The only reason he is competent is that damn bandanna. Without that he would of been creamed long ago.
    Well, he has it, so there's no point discussing what if Kotetsu doesn't have a bandana.

    Have you seen Ash winning a battle without his hat?
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  20. #2645
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    We know how to have Ash win then. Have Unfezant jack Kotetsu's Bandana

  21. #2646

    Default

    I checked Pokemon.com again, and the summary for this week's episode is up; however, it does not mention Kotetsu's dub name. We'll have to wait until Saturday to find out.

    Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

  22. #2647
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I checked Pokemon.com again, and the summary for this week's episode is up; however, it does not mention Kotetsu's dub name. We'll have to wait until Saturday to find out.
    it's obviously Quagmire. LOL
    So who thinks Ash might actually win. I think he'll lose to virgil. one full battle for the league is ridiculous
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  23. #2648
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    it's obviously Quagmire. LOL
    So who thinks Ash might actually win. I think he'll lose to virgil. one full battle for the league is ridiculous
    giggity

    In Kanto he didn't even get a full match.

  24. #2649
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    it's obviously Quagmire. LOL
    So who thinks Ash might actually win. I think he'll lose to virgil. one full battle for the league is ridiculous
    I think there's about a 50-50 chance of Ash winning. If he does win, he'll likely lose to Virgil in an incredibly short battle. We're talking ten minutes, tops.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  25. #2650
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    I think there's about a 50-50 chance of Ash winning. If he does win, he'll likely lose to Virgil in an incredibly short battle. We're talking ten minutes, tops.
    Stop being positive XD People won't like you

    But I don't see Ash winning honestly
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •