Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2787

Thread: BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

  1. #2651
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    I think there's about a 50-50 chance of Ash winning. If he does win, he'll likely lose to Virgil in an incredibly short battle. We're talking ten minutes, tops.
    The episode is called Secret Weapon Hydreigon for a reason, Hydreigon is Kotetsus secret weapon(pretty self explanatory) which I'm sure Hydreigon is going to be the reason why he defeats Ash.

  2. #2652
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    The episode is called Secret Weapon Hydreigon for a reason, Hydreigon is Kotetsus secret weapon(pretty self explanatory) which I'm sure Hydreigon is going to be the reason why he defeats Ash.
    Hydreigon takes two Pokemon down, as does Pikachu. If anything, the reason why Ash will lose is because of Lucario.

  3. #2653
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    The episode is called Secret Weapon Hydreigon for a reason, Hydreigon is Kotetsus secret weapon(pretty self explanatory) which I'm sure Hydreigon is going to be the reason why he defeats Ash.
    Not really a secret weapon when you lead off with it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #2654
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Not really a secret weapon when you lead off with it
    I didn't name the episode.

  5. #2655
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Not really a secret weapon when you lead off with it
    I still dont get what the problem with leading with your secret weapon, Satoshi migth think he is leading with the pokemon he already knows he has and apparently its beating two pokemon.

  6. #2656
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I still dont get what the problem with leading with your secret weapon, Satoshi migth think he is leading with the pokemon he already knows he has and apparently its beating two pokemon.
    Cuz for the most part, people usually save those for a tough spot lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  7. #2657
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    223

    Default

    They could have Ash win the league, breezing through dino in the semis and antonio in the finals. Granted two cotd's in ten minutes is a little much, but they have done it before.

  8. #2658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Not really a secret weapon when you lead off with it
    He mentioned having a secret weapon way back at the beginning of the league, but we never got to see what it was before now. That's what's being referred to.

  9. #2659
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    it's obviously Quagmire. LOL
    So who thinks Ash might actually win. I think he'll lose to virgil. one full battle for the league is ridiculous
    I kinda do, but I'm losing hope.. Oh well.. Two more days and we'll likely now if they show a preview.. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    I think there's about a 50-50 chance of Ash winning. If he does win, he'll likely lose to Virgil in an incredibly short battle. We're talking ten minutes, tops.
    An episode apparently lasts 24:35 minutes/seconds according Bulbapedia... This is I guess with opening and Oak's lecture. Those take up 3 minutes or so, leaving us with 21 minutes roughly..

    The ending of the league in AG lasted: 1 minute and 10 seconds and showed Tyson winning, getting the trophee, and leaving the resort. If we count using that as a benchmark, then that leaves 19:50 m/s to:
    - Recap
    - Snivy vs. Lucario
    - Pikachu vs. Lucario
    - Ash vs. Virgil

    For more comparisons, vs. Tyson lasted about 16 minutes, but Torkoal vs. Darkrai lasted us 20 seconds, so you can tell how it is possible to cut a battle in a shorter time frame. Not saying that the battle should be 6x20 seconds long, but if we get a 12a14 minute battle, then there wouldn't be much of a problem actually..

    If you think about that, then Lucario lasting 4 miuntes would be ideal, otherwise it would be too drawn out anyway.

    Take a second to think what they don't have to show as well, for example take Johto. The last league episode had Ash and Harrison wrapping up, actually quite similarly, but also had to:
    - Showcase a generic Team Rocket plot involving Misdreavus (standard fillerfare plot) which took up more then half of the episode
    - Harrison losing to a generic character
    - Harrison talking to Ash about Hoenn and Professor Birch
    - Ash and Gary resolving things
    - Gary talking about how he wants to become a researcher instead of a trainer.
    - Ash interacting with his mother, Oak, thinking about going home again, etc.

    There's no Team Rocket in Unova at this point so that opens up a good 7 minutes of time, and there's no Oak or mommy as well, or a new region that needs to be introduced, bam, another 3 minutes. And there's your 10 minutes already. Charizard and Blaziken lasted a bit longer, then expected, but Blaziken was basically fresh off the bat, eventhough it just beat Bayleef in under ten seconds (a single Fire Punch). Considering how Riolu is already fighting Unfezant and Snivy throughout this episode as a difference.

    So I think the possibility for a 12-14 minute battle is there, and if they don't decide to do that, then they better have a good reason other then to flaunt Lucario in our face for 10 minutes or so..

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Cuz for the most part, people usually save those for a tough spot lol.
    Maybe Kotetsu realizes that Ash is really good and therefore thinks he needs to go all out from the beginning? Eitherway, I'm still surprised if he uses that logic and then sends in Swanna against Pikachu, and perhaps even Ferrothorn vs. Pignite.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    He mentioned having a secret weapon way back at the beginning of the league, but we never got to see what it was before now. That's what's being referred to.
    Ahhh..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  10. #2660
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    First up, Kotetsu is an idiot, it's true, but he's never shown himself to be anything but competent in battle. He genuinely looked like he knew what he was doing in his battles against Marlon and Bianca. Plus, Hydreigon and Lucario aren't his only powerhouses; Samurott and Ferrothorn have both proven their strength multiple times. All in all, I find Kotetsu's win (if he does win) believable.

    Second, Ash isn't "regressing", the only Pokemon he has on his team that has any experience prior to Unova besides Pikachu. Everyone else on Ash's team is a rookie, being of at-most equal level with Ash's rivals. Heck, Trip's Serperior alone has been around longer than any of Ash's Unova Pokemon, and it's safe to assume that Bianca, Stephan, and Kotetsu have been training at least as long, maybe even longer (confirmed to be longer in Bianca's case). So yes, I find Kotetsu to be of equal level with Ash as the only of Ash's Pokemon that is certifiably more experienced is Pikachu, who is taking down at least two Pokemon.
    Actually, Oshawott has been around just as long as Serperior, just not under Ash's possession.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  11. #2661
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,115

    Default

    I still don't understand how someone can have a secret weapon in a league, when every participating trainer has a league bio, listing every one of their Pokemon..

  12. #2662
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I still don't understand how someone can have a secret weapon in a league, when every participating trainer has a league bio, listing every one of their Pokemon..
    I guess some people don't read them as they are too bored or excited and when they fight them they're like "OMG! Since when did you have DIS POkemon?"

    Well WE the auidience don't know about the secret weapon unless we watch the anime spoilers.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  13. #2663
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I still don't understand how someone can have a secret weapon in a league, when every participating trainer has a league bio, listing every one of their Pokemon..
    And you think Ash reads those?

  14. #2664
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    And you think Ash reads those?
    well he read Gary's and Paul's
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  15. #2665
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I still don't understand how someone can have a secret weapon in a league, when every participating trainer has a league bio, listing every one of their Pokemon..

    Like they showed last league?

    It migth just be a pokemon used Bio, its kinda stupid to spoil people of the pokemon they will face, takes the surprise factor out of the battles.

  16. #2666
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    well he read Gary's and Paul's
    Yes but he's stupid again this region lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #2667
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Like they showed last league?

    It migth just be a pokemon used Bio, its kinda stupid to spoil people of the pokemon they will face, takes the surprise factor out of the battles.
    Yeah and in Johto too..

    I just remember Paul's bio showing Electivire in the last league, and Gary's showing Kingdra, Alakazam, Houndoom, etc in Johto.. and I assumed they must surely all have bios..

    Which actually means Ash must look intimidating to anyone that does look..

  18. #2668
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes but he's stupid again this region lol.
    he was stupid when he checked gary's sir
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

    The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

    Greninja all the way

  19. #2669
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    he was stupid when he checked gary's sir
    But he never said Ash was smart before lol.

  20. #2670
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    he was stupid when he checked gary's sir
    Ya but that was his biggest rival lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #2671
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    DK IS AN EPIC POSTER D8
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes but he's stupid again this region lol.
    You say that like this is something new :P
    I bet Ash just thought "Screw that strategy crap, I'm the hero of this anime! I'm sure this won't screw me over! I'll just get destroyed by a bigger airhead then me! "
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

  22. #2672
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    You say that like this is something new :P
    I bet Ash just thought "Screw that strategy crap, I'm the hero of this anime! I'm sure this won't screw me over! I'll just get destroyed by a bigger airhead then me! "
    Fine he's more stupid this region lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #2673
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Yeah and in Johto too..

    I just remember Paul's bio showing Electivire in the last league, and Gary's showing Kingdra, Alakazam, Houndoom, etc in Johto.. and I assumed they must surely all have bios..

    Which actually means Ash must look intimidating to anyone that does look..
    Not as intimidating as Paul I would imagine, but yeah.. If Kotetsu looked it up, which I doubt, then he would poop his pants..
    - ZOMG!!!: Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape, Torterra, Krookodile! Oh snap.. Gotta bring in my secret weapon for this guy! Here's too hoping he brings his b-team..

    Match starts:
    - Kotetsu: "I gotta say Ash, I saw your bio and I'm pretty impressed. I didn't know you had that many amazing pokemon. I therefore brought my secret weapon! Go Hydreigon!
    - Ash: "Yeah that's true, I believe in all of them! Go Boldore!
    - Kotetsu: *Efyes! He brought his B-team!!!! He must love me! Now.. Lets fake stupidity to make him more cocky and offguard!*
    - Ash: "Go Oshawott!"
    - Kotetsu: *Muahahahahahahahahahaha, who's the idiot noaw!*

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Fine he's more stupid this region lol.
    I thought this was something we all already agreed on? Using Oshawott vs. Pansage anybody? When he had a perfectly fine bird? xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  24. #2674
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not as intimidating as Paul I would imagine, but yeah.. If Kotetsu looked it up, which I doubt, then he would poop his pants..
    - ZOMG!!!: Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape, Torterra, Krookodile! Oh snap.. Gotta bring in my secret weapon for this guy! Here's too hoping he brings his b-team..

    Match starts:
    - Kotetsu: "I gotta say Ash, I saw your bio and I'm pretty impressed. I didn't know you had that many amazing pokemon. I therefore brought my secret weapon! Go Hydreigon!
    - Ash: "Yeah that's true, I believe in all of them! Go Boldore!
    - Kotetsu: *Efyes! He brought his B-team!!!! He must love me! Now.. Lets fake stupidity to make him more cocky and offguard!*
    - Ash: "Go Oshawott!"
    - Kotetsu: *Muahahahahahahahahahaha, who's the idiot noaw!*

    D
    Well More like

    Riolu: Kotetsu come here! Check out your opponent's bio!
    Kotetsu: What you said
    Riolu: Alright dude we gotta make sure we bring out A game as well! Call *insert whoever takes care of his spare pokemon* and get you know who...
    Kotetsu: But but...we only need 3 pokemon for this round..
    Riolu: Just Do it!

    Continues like you said

    Riolu: Mehehe sucess! rubs palms together and smiles devilishly

  25. #2675
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    If Ash did call on his strongest reserves, he would have won a League by now but for some reason, the writers are waiting until the last season before Ash wins a League.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 18th December 2012 at 8:48 PM.

Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •