Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2787

Thread: BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    If Ash did call on his strongest reserves, he would have won a League by now but for some reason, the writers are waiting until the last season before Ash wins a League.
    VS Tobias? Ash used arguably 3 of his strongest Pokemon (Pikachu, Sceptile and Heracross) and still only took down 2 of Tobias' Pokemon. Who knows what else he could have had. The Johto League is different since he didn't have such an extensive reserve cast.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    VS Tobias? Ash used arguably 3 of his strongest Pokemon (Pikachu, Sceptile and Heracross) and still only took down 2 of Tobias' Pokemon. Who knows what else he could have had. The Johto League is different since he didn't have such an extensive reserve cast.
    Maybe he could have won the Hoenn or Unova League though. I am pretty sure Snorlax or Charizard could have beaten Tyson and put Ash in atleast the Top 4. And I think Snorlax, Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile could beat anyone left in the Unova League right now.

If Ash did call on his strongest reserves, he would have won a League by now but for some reason, the writers are waiting until the last season before Ash wins a League.
    Nah not really, because Tobias smashed 3 of his strongest reserves and still had 4 Pokemon left. He could have had Arceus for all we know, time traveling during M12 and nobody noticing. Hell, he probably went back in time to M05 and caught Latios before he died.

Ash could learn a lot from Tobias, maybe if he would have captured that Flygon that took out a freaking Groudon or caught, oh I don't know, a Meloetta that can summon an entire undersea temple and calm down a trio of legendary Super Cloud Saiyans? I mean he could have caught a super-powered Entei created by Unknown, a Shaymin that could stop a Giratina in it's tracks, a Zekrom/Reshiram that practically gave themselves to him, a Victini that could stand up to both of them, a Latias that fell in love with him for god's sake, a Celebi that he revived from the dead, a Lugia, oh wait, I mean 3 Lugias (including Silver) who he saved EACH in his own special way, there's even some more I could name but too many words.

I bet if Ash's bio said that he owned 3 Lugias, a Victini, a Shaymin, a Zekrom, a Reshiram, a Celebi, a Meloetta, a Landorus, Thundurs, Tornadus, a Entei, a Manaphy, a AZELF, a Latias, a Darkrai (M10), a Arceus, a Lucario, 2 Zoroarks (evolving Zorua from M13), and Shiny Entei, Suicune, and Raikou each, Kotetsu, and probably every other trainer in the region would quit their training careers after reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Nah not really, because Tobias smashed 3 of his strongest reserves and still had 4 Pokemon left. He could have had Arceus for all we know, time traveling during M12 and nobody noticing. Hell, he probably went back in time to M05 and caught Latios before he died.

Ash could learn a lot from Tobias, maybe if he would have captured that Flygon that took out a freaking Groudon or caught, oh I don't know, a Meloetta that can summon an entire undersea temple and calm down a trio of legendary Super Cloud Saiyans? I mean he could have caught a super-powered Entei created by Unknown, a Shaymin that could stop a Giratina in it's tracks, a Zekrom/Reshiram that practically gave themselves to him, a Victini that could stand up to both of them, a Latias that fell in love with him for god's sake, a Celebi that he revived from the dead, a Lugia, oh wait, I mean 3 Lugias (including Silver) who he saved EACH in his own special way, there's even some more I could name but too many words.

I bet if Ash's bio said that he owned 3 Lugias, a Victini, a Shaymin, a Zekrom, a Reshiram, a Celebi, a Meloetta, a Landorus, Thundurs, Tornadus, a Entei, a Manaphy, a AZELF, a Latias, a Darkrai (M10), a Arceus, a Lucario, 2 Zoroarks (evolving Zorua from M13), and Shiny Entei, Suicune, and Raikou each, Kotetsu, and probably every other trainer in the region would quit their training careers after reading it.
    No one had a chance of beating Tobias in the Sinnoh League. I am talking more about Hoenn and Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post

That's too unbelieveble, I laughed out loud here. XD

I think since Unova is too distant from Ash's native region, only his unova pokemon + pikachu can be checked, so, even if Ash had a ho-oh, Kotetsu or anyone in the league couldn't know. By what I remember, Conway's and Tobias' roosters were almost unknown by the same point in the league (I mean Conway's team in the tag battle and Tobias' darkrai, obviously).

I'm not very hopefully by the top 8, by the way. I think I'll root for Kotetsu, since the chances are in his favor, apparently.
    Last edited by DuquĘ?; 19th December 2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

He had all his reserves bar Charizard in DP and even with Charizard it's highly doubtful he would of come off successful.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    He had all his reserves bar Charizard in DP and even with Charizard it's highly doubtful he would of come off successful.
    No one outside of a Champion, Elite 4 member, or maybe Brandon (actually not even that sure about him) could have beaten Tobias. I am talking more about the Hoenn and Unova Leagues.

No one outside of a Champion, Elite 4 member, or maybe Brandon (actually not even that sure about him) could have beaten Tobias. I am talking more about the Hoenn and Unova Leagues.
    Probably magic given how he is snape's father

Mewtwo disguised as a human could have done it.

I wouldn't of said in the Hoenn league, but I imagine if he did then Virgil would be the one to beat in the Unova league.

Also I reckon Paul, Gary, Giovanni and Noland would all have a shot.
    Last edited by DMerle; 19th December 2012 at 1:22 AM.

I wouldn't of said in the Hoenn league, but I imagine if he did then Virgil would be the one to beat in the Unova league.
    I honestly believe outside of Pikachu, the writers usually write Ash's Pokémon consistently when it comes to battles and Pikachu is normally more inconsistent in the beginning. This is why we don't see much of Charizard. They want Ash to lose these Leagues and having Charizard lose to Meowth in Boots or an Eeveelution or Kotetsu would make Charizard look inconsistent. I believe when a writer writes a season, they know which Pokémon they want to be powerhouses and who they want to be weak and they are consistent with that. It's no coincidence that Pikachu, Krookodile and Pignite will probably get the most wins in the Unova League.

Also I reckon Paul, Gary, Giovanni and Noland would all have a shot.
    If Ash can beat them. So can trollbias.

I wouldn't go that far.. There's bound to be trainers who could take out Tobias' whole team, who aren't yet highly ranked or even recognised as great trainers themselves.

Ash probably could've got down to the last one or two, if he put together the right team.. and if the writers permitted it of course. Involving the likes of Snorlax, Glalie and Charizard in place of Swellow, Torkoal and Gible would've surely helped, while being totally believable (but once again, only if the writers permitted it)..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I wouldn't go that far.. There's bound to be trainers who could take out Tobias' whole team, who aren't yet highly ranked or even recognised as great trainers themselves.

Ash probably could've got down to the last one or two, if he put together the right team.. and if the writers permitted it of course. Involving the likes of Snorlax, Glalie and Charizard in place of Swellow, Torkoal and Gible would've surely helped, while being totally believable (but once again, only if the writers permitted it)..
    The problem is that Tobias's other Pokemon could be anything from a Stunfisk to an Arceus, we just simply don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

I think because of how popular and well liked Snorlax and Charizard are, the writers wouldn't want them to come into a battle with the role of being the fall guy. That Tobias battle was clearly made to knock out Ash quickly and give glorification to Sceptile and Pikachu. Now, I know Charizard was in fact a fall guy in Brandon's battle but even then, they went out of their way to make it more of Ash's fault then Charizard's fault.

If Ash would of used this team in the battle with Trollbias:

Rat
    Charizard
    Corphish->Crawdaunt
    Sceptile
    Swellow
    Snorlax

And if the battle was 2 to 3 episodes, Ash might of stood a chance.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

The problem is that Tobias's other Pokemon could be anything from a Stunfisk to an Arceus, we just simply don't know.
    Obviosuly closer to Arceus.

If Kotetsu's does use his 6th Pokemon, it's going to go down incredibly fast. I guess Unfenzant, might show off it's new move against it...or just lose like Leavanny did. :P

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    If Ash would of used this team in the battle with Trollbias:

Rat
    Charizard
    Corphish->Crawdaunt
    Sceptile
    Swellow
    Snorlax

And if the battle was 2 to 3 episodes, Ash might of stood a chance.
    Swellow got one shotted and you still put him in the battle?

Anyway his role there was to get owned anyway, any pokemon there would have gotten owned but they made it clear Swellow didn't have a chance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Swellow got one shotted and you still put him in the battle?

Anyway his role there was to get owned anyway, any pokemon there would have gotten owned but they made it clear Swellow didn't have a chance at all.
    I'm sorry you expected a fair battle when it was 1 episode with legends?? Of course pokemon got 1 shotted -_-. Which is why if the battle was longer he would of lasted longer. Plus he is the strongest of the birds to ya. As you can see I put the strongest of the common types in the battle.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I'm sorry you expected a fair battle when it was 1 episode with legends?? Of course pokemon got 1 shotted -_-. Which is why if the battle was longer he would of lasted longer. Plus he is the strongest of the birds to ya. As you can see I put the strongest of the common types in the battle.
    Strongest is up to debate man... Swellow's closest thing to being impressive was it's Electric immunity. But he still only tied with Morrison's tired out Gligar. Staravia alone almost took down Maylene's whole team (had it not been for Lucario having to be a god all the time, plus Buizel needed it's first gym battle)... Staraptor always seems to manage to stay alive despite recoil damage and hypothetical defense drops. Swellow and Staraptor are equals
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Aren't we talking about Takuto battle? why do you need to put a bird there when making a team?

Anyway like I said any pokemon that was in his spot and was there would get one shotted, even if they had Sceptile and Infernape there, Infernape would get one shotted because he was filling Swellow role of getting one shoted.

Again talking about powerlevels is stupid because we don't have them, all of Satoshi pokemon are strong and capable, Torkoal who was apparently "weak" almost beat Registeel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Again talking about powerlevels is stupid because we don't have them, all of Satoshi pokemon are strong and capable, Torkoal who was apparently "weak" almost beat Registeel.
    And this is why I always seem to get into debate's with Charizard fans... They all think he's some Top Tier Pokemon, when he's really no different from any of Ash's other Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    And this is why I always seem to get into debate's with Charizard fans... They all think he's some Top Tier Pokemon, when he's really no different from any of Ash's other Pokemon
    All we could go by is wins when we look at a Pokémon's strength and Charizard has more impressive wins than some of the other Pokémon. Putting Charizard among Ash's strongest makes sense and a lot of people seem to consider him a powerhouse.

So basically we can be sure that Kotetsu's 6th pokemon will be used here and faint quickly as it looks as the next episode will only consist of Lucario.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Strongest is up to debate man... Swellow's closest thing to being impressive was it's Electric immunity. But he still only tied with Morrison's tired out Gligar. ]Staravia alone almost took down Maylene's whole team (had it not been for Lucario having to be a god all the time, plus Buizel needed it's first gym battle)... Staraptor always seems to manage to stay alive despite recoil damage and hypothetical defense drops. Swellow and Staraptor are equals
    Swellow took out Hariyama, Donphan(after 4 rollouts in a row), and was the only Ash's Pokemon to beat two pokemon in battle with Katie, and was in condition to battle after that (Glalie Fainted after KOing Misdreavus)
    Staraptor took out Roserade and nobody(against Paul)

Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 LastLast