Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2787

Thread: BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    @Cyber- This league has been awesome! Axew getting lost was the best episode this series has ever had!
    Please tell me you are kidding. You have gotta be kidding. The best episodes this season were either Tempest or the Subway episodes.

Can we not start the DP vs BW debate AGAIN. I liked DP as much as the next guy, but this is getting old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Please tell me you are kidding. You have gotta be kidding. The best episodes this season were either Tempest or the Subway episodes.
    I don't know. I for one thought Piplup up and away was one of the top 10 episodes in DP so I understand if someone may have esoteric preferences for the anime.

the axew episode wouldn't have been that bad if ash got to fight virgil. lol.

I like the breaks inbetween stuff...but that was just a terrible time to place it for the viewers. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Can we not start the DP vs BW debate AGAIN. I liked DP as much as the next guy, but this is getting old fast.
    But it's so much better than Best Wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    But it's so much better than Best Wishes!
    But it's not Best Wishes. Best Wishes is more comparable to Johto or Kanto since the Pokemon are treated so horribly. Though it does make sense why BW sucks, it's most likely because they want to make Ash an "underdog" again, and don't want him to seem like a legend in gen 6.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    But it's not Best Wishes. Best Wishes is more comparable to Johto or Kanto since the Pokemon are treated so horribly. Though it does make sense why BW sucks, it's most likely because they want to make Ash an "underdog" again, and don't want him to seem like a legend in gen 6.
    I totally agree, it seems like throughout Generation 1 - 4 Ash progressed as a trainer and became better as time went on.
    When Generation 5 began it seemed like he had just started out on his journey again with a somewhat new and unexperienced Pikachu.
    So it would make sense that Ash gets to Top 8 in Generation 5 then by Generation 6 he may be in the Top 4 or even the champion.
    Then if there is a Generation 7 and 8 he will most likely be Top 4 then Top 2 or even winning the league.

His past league challenges have gone like this:

Kanto: Top 16
    Orange Islands: Winner
    Johto: Top 8
    Hoenn: Top 8
    Sinnoh: Top 4

Future (possibly, previous league position halved):

Unova: Top 8
    May be a new area similar to the Orange Islands where he wins the league
    ???: Top 4
    ???: Top 4
    ???: Top 2/Winning

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2rzoz01.png[/IMG]

Credits: Super_Jamalx9000

Credits: Dean

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Isn't Riolu only confirmed to take down Snivy so far?
    it is seen facing Unfezant though so chances are good it defeats that as well

Ash's mistake is his choice of party. Excuse me but two base starters? Lame. Kotetsu has a samurott, what the hell was Ash thinking to bring oshawott and snivy to a crucial battle? Hein???? Whatever if it's anime's usual promotion to anti-evolution to not, even Kotetsu was smart enough to fully evolve almost all his party (it will become fully evolved since riolu will evolve) and Ash chose a bunch of babies for cuteness basis? Excuse me, but if Ash would win this, it's nothing but armor plot. You guys ARE sure you want Ash to win with this? Seriously?
    Looks at me Ash is not even taking the league seriously to not even use his stored pokemons which are like a thousands of times stronger. He would beat Kotetsu easily if he chose Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax or whatever of any of his stronger and evolved pokés. But nooooooooo...

You guys forgive me, but that defeat will be deserved. Ash won't get to nowhere by thinking for sticking his party in their weakest forms just because the anime constantly thinks evolved forms are unworthy of a personality and bonds. I thought they got over that silly stereotype with DP thanks to Infernape's character development but no, exactly back to the square zero.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Ash's mistake is his choice of party. Excuse me but two base starters? Lame. Kotetsu has a samurott, what the hell was Ash thinking to bring oshawott and snivy to a crucial battle? Hein???? Whatever if it's anime's usual promotion to anti-evolution to not, even Kotetsu was smart enough to fully evolve almost all his party (it will become fully evolved since riolu will evolve) and Ash chose a bunch of babies for cuteness basis? Excuse me, but if Ash would win this, it's nothing but armor plot. You guys ARE sure you want Ash to win with this? Seriously?
    Looks at me Ash is not even taking the league seriously to not even use his stored pokemons which are like a thousands of times stronger. He would beat Kotetsu easily if he chose Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax or whatever of any of his stronger and evolved pokés. But nooooooooo...

You guys forgive me, but that defeat will be deserved. Ash won't get to nowhere by thinking for sticking his party in their weakest forms just because the anime constantly thinks evolved forms are unworthy of a personality and bonds. I thought they got over that silly stereotype with DP thanks to Infernape's character development but no, exactly back to the square zero.

We don't even know how this battle will go, bit by bit, or even the final result. We don't know what strategies Ash will use to counter Kotetsu's Pokemon. We know none of this yet, but the vast majority of you acting as if Ash is going to get crushed. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that. The battle will end very close, regardless of who wins. Ash will rely on strategy, where as Kotetsu will be relying on sheer power. Ash always has a few tricks up his sleeve, and can think on his feet in the heat of battle better then anyone else on this show has ever been shown to be capable of doing.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I think its good that Ash loses here, each of his unova pokemon get 1 battle each and pika gets to shine above them as he should.

I feel this is quite appropriate given the fast paced nature of the other saga and I for one can not wait to see some of Ash's older pokemon again.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    We don't even know how this battle will go, bit by bit, or even the final result. We don't know what strategies Ash will use to counter Kotetsu's Pokemon. We know none of this yet, but the vast majority of you acting as if Ash is going to get crushed. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that. The battle will end very close, regardless of who wins. Ash will rely on strategy, where as Kotetsu will be relying on sheer power. Ash always has a few tricks up his sleeve, and can think on his feet in the heat of battle better then anyone else on this show has ever been shown to be capable of doing.
    Which is precisely why so many people found Ash getting beaten into the ground from paul at the lake and tobias so satisfying. Ash deserved to lose hard and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Ash's mistake is his choice of party. Excuse me but two base starters?...
    If they do not require a stone/item (razor fang, etc), Ash (as well as other trainers in the anime) has zero control over which pokemon evolves.

I'm sorry but I agree, Ash has made terrible pokemon choices for a serious battle. It just doesn't make sense that his starter-level Pokemon would be able to beat a strong team like Kotetsu's, no matter how many level 5 attacks you throw at a level 60 dragon, it's not gonna work.

I find it insulting as a viewer. When I watch little Oshawatt take down the tank that is Samurott, I'm not gonna think "that was a good battle", I'm gonna laugh and say "that was ridiculous". Ash should continue his happy-go-lucky ways and continue training his little starters on the journey but subsitute some of his tanks for the FINAL of a league. Why evolve Cyndaquil just to ignore him? Lazy writing?

I'm pretty underwelmed by Ash's choices for this battle. Why on earth is he using Oshawott? Krookodile and Leavanny would've been better fits here but apparently they can't be used again because they battled Stephan.

I would've had Leavanny and Unfezant star against Stephan and then saved Krookodile against Kotestu, at least then Ash's team would look less pathetic here.

Pignite and Pikachu look to be Ash's saving grace in this battle, which as a result has made the rest look awful. Even Snivy is getting pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I'm pretty underwelmed by Ash's choices for this battle. Why on earth is he using Oshawott? Krookodile and Leavanny would've been better fits here but apparently they can't be used again because they battled Stephan.

I would've had Leavanny and Unfezant star against Stephan and then saved Krookodile against Kotestu, at least then Ash's team would look less pathetic here.

Pignite and Pikachu look to be Ash's saving grace in this battle, which as a result has made the rest look awful. Even Snivy is getting pwned.
    I've been saying all along Ash will save the garbage for last so the one who beats him gets an easier time of it.

Boldore seems to be Ash's go-to pokemon to fall early now. Which is unfortunate.
    It doesn't surprise me if Oshawott and Snivy get destroyed. They should have made them evolve. Dewott can be marketed just as well as Oshawott if they actually tried. Oshawott hasn't done anything of relevance since Clay's gym. Snivy is too frail in her current form. I don't care what that Shamus episode showed, Snivy resistting all those attacks from Emboar and Heatmor was poop.

Hopefully Unfezant gets at least one win until Riolu gets to shine yet again. She is getting one new move and as Ash's only fully evolved pokemon in this fight, she deserves something.

Pignite and Pikachu have always been the stars in this saga unfortunately. They were both used in 5 out of 8 gyms.

Seriously they've been phoning in these League Finale teams for the last 2, granted DP's final team wasn't quite as bad as BW, we know Ash is going to get 8 badges, we know he's going to beat his rival in the league, but do we also have to get the Stage 1 team for the League

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Dewott can be marketed just as well as Oshawott if they actually tried.
    I don't think so. Because they can't/won't make a cute car out of its design like they have done with Pikachu and Oshawott.

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/06/a-...s-toyota-p.php

I'm pretty underwelmed by Ash's choices for this battle. Why on earth is he using Oshawott?
    I don't see the problem. Oshawott is a Pokemon after all, so he should battle. And it's not as if anything would change even if Ash used a different Pokemon; he's destined to lose no matter what. But yeah, talk about déjŕ vu. People also complained about Ash's choice of Pokemon when he battled Tobias even though we all knew he would lose anyway.

I think ash chose a nice team for this battle and they will kick butt

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    A nice team for sure but not the best possible team he could have chosen. This is my opinion of course obviously.

More like get their butts kicked.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    More like get their butts kicked.
    Sadly, I think this will happen. We just don't have enough time for a non-rushed battle with Virgil before Episode N.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

ya a nice team without his power house krookodile :P and he brought his weakest pokemon wotter

Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast