Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2787

Thread: BWS2-23: Ash Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Hydreigon!! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    LIKE A BAW- *shot* Sorry I had too. ^^;
    Also, I tend to like the more smug/arrogant Pokemon because they're, usually, pretty fun to watch like Charizard was when he disobeyed Ash, and I like Snivy well enough, even though I'm more a Bayleef fan Dun kill me please Mist D8 *blame my nostalgia towards the Chikorita line, I love em' *, and I don't hate Oshawott like a few people here do, so I think I'll like Riolu well enough, but who knows, eh ^^;
    I always knew I liked you 8D

Riolu->Lucario is awesome, he be pwning chicks left and right like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I read about it before seeing it and I was bothered by it. When I finally saw it I almost broke my iPad. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in this anime. I'm still shaking with rage and I'll probably never get over this. I consider myself a champion of female activism and today the anime confirmed that I have more work to do. That the writers would make Riolu into a sadist is disgraceful and they deserve to be sued for their disgusting sense of humor.
    Yep, they had to draw a happy face on the baby Anubis thing and Aura Sphere the F out of her.

I read about it before seeing it and I was bothered by it. When I finally saw it I almost broke my iPad. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in this anime. I'm still shaking with rage and I'll probably never get over this. I consider myself a champion of female activism and today the anime confirmed that I have more work to do. That the writers would make Riolu into a sadist is disgraceful and they deserve to be sued for their disgusting sense of humor.
    If you want, you can read my fic (link down below) and give you some hope that there are people out there who don't make the Riolu/Lucario line look as bad as they think. It ought to make you feel better.

...okay, while I slightly understand the rage at it, snivy's tail is almost half her body. AND the place you'd grab if you attacked from behind. Thats common sense.

Gosh, aside from attract, I've never seen genders matter on who defeats who in pokemon. (I mean the pokemon's genders, not human.) I think it has more to do with snivy's somewhat haughty personality, and unfezent's ability to fly. Snivy feels like the pokemon that would counter riolu right next to pikachu, and unfezent would be there to prove how strong his riolu can be. ._.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I always knew I liked you 8D

Riolu->Lucario is awesome, he be pwning chicks left and right like a boss.
    Thanks 8D *highfives*
    Kickin' butt and taking names like a baw- *shot
    Hasn't being grabbed by the tail happened before? *shakes head* I could of sworn it has, I don't think it's happened to only Snivy or JUST female pokemon. I doubt they'd entirely mean to do that, but that's just me, eh >.<
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

I don't really care who wins this battle, as long as I enjoy the whole thing that's all what matters to me.

I like that Kotetsu is a case of not judging a book by it's cover. A scatterbrain, but knows how to battle.

...You completely missed the point.
    How so? By the way this is only the first time Riolu has been smug, also we have seen this kind of thing before.

A brief moment of a Pokémon seeming sadistic in battle. I find it funny that people are getting riled up about it now.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 16th December 2012 at 2:29 AM.

lol gurl, let's not act like we're the reincarnation of Virginia Woolf, pls~

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Maybe Ash is a sadist and he wants to see Oshawott in pain. O_o

I just hope his battle is at least 2 minutes long and that he uses all of his moves.
    I don't want him to get defeated, although it's eminent but I wouldn't be excited about seeing his moves since they couldn't be more boring. I hope he learns something but I'm sure they'll give him an overused attack like Ice Beam.

Riolu can go die in a hole for all I care.

wingzx is missing out on all this hate on Riolu lol.

Poor Unfezant was used to just prove Riolu's strength.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    wingzx is missing out on all this hate on Riolu lol.

Poor Unfezant was used to just prove Riolu's strength.
    "Was" is not even good enough to use here as there's not enough proof yet. Hell, for all we know, Pikachu doesn't even defeat Samurott and Swanna and people are just using some cheap comic as the stone with the future written on it. We can still hope that the "fall guys" fight the unknown sixth Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    "Was" is not even good enough to use here as there's not enough proof yet. Hell, for all we know, Pikachu doesn't even defeat Samurott and Swanna and people are just using some cheap comic as the stone with the future written on it. We can still hope that the "fall guys" fight the unknown sixth Pokemon.
    We can also hope that Ash catches meloetta and misty becomes the main pokegirl again.

We can also hope that Ash catches meloetta and misty becomes the main pokegirl again.
    ...If I didn't know you better I would say you were being serious about this. =P
    I wouldn't say the Riolu-Lucario line was exactly shown badly in the anime...I thought the Maylene episodes showed the line to be pretty dang cool. And the Aura Sphere Riolu episodes I thought were good as well. I'm not a huge fan of the line like some people coughsquishycough, but I like them and I think their cool Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I don't want him to get defeated, although it's eminent but I wouldn't be excited about seeing his moves since they couldn't be more boring. I hope he learns something but I'm sure they'll give him an overused attack like Ice Beam.

Riolu can go die in a hole for all I care.
    I was gonna say that Ice Beam isn't used that much in Best Wishes, but it turns out it's been used more than Flame Charge. O_O

But still, I wouldn't mind Oshawott having Ice Beam here, even though I don't expect him to get a new move.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    that "cheap comic" is usually right about matchups and things so yes we take it as fact that Pikachu defeats Samurott & swanna

...If I didn't know you better I would say you were being serious about this. =P
    I wouldn't say the Riolu-Lucario line was exactly shown badly in the anime...I thought the Maylene episodes showed the line to be pretty dang cool. And the Aura Sphere Riolu episodes I thought were good as well. I'm not a huge fan of the line like some people coughsquishycough, but I like them and I think their cool Pokemon.
    Oh, I totally agree with you. The previous three important Lucario were all executed well.

It's just DAMNED KOTETSU'S PERSONALITY THAT RUINS IT FOR THE LITTLE TYKEBOMB.

Am I the only one not looking too much into this? An uproar to a simple scene of Riolu holding Tsutarja, smirking, and firing a point-blank Force Palm?

Like I said- We've seen this kind of thing before in Pokémon battles and nobody got all bothered about it then. Also gender does not matter in battling.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 16th December 2012 at 2:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Am I the only one who is not looking too much into this? A simple scene of Riolu holding Tsutarja and firing a point-blank Force Palm causes an uproar?

Like I said;- We've seen this kind of thing before in Pokémon battles and nobody got all bothered about it then. Also gender does not matter in battling.
    I try not to look much into anything involving the anime, just enjoy it the way it is. I try to be a go with the flow type of person with most animes I watch, but I have the little things I question here and there...^^; Personally I think it's ridicilous the amount of hate Riolu's getting just for grabbing Snivy's tail, as I'm almost hundred percent positive this has happened before, not just with Female Pokemon. And gender only really matters for Attract, like EmphaticPikachu said earlier. Both Ash's male and female Pokemon have been proven to be great battlers, so why get upset over this? >.<

Well it's Riolus personality, not his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Well it's Riolus personality, not his actions.
    Which I really try hard to direct towards Kotetsu as he's to blame for this entire hate on the line right now.

That's it. If worst comes to worst, I'm going to make a fan fic that will have my characters mercilessly beating his *ss to satisfy the indignant people.

I try not to look much into anything involving the anime, just enjoy it the way it is. I try to be a go with the flow type of person with most animes I watch, but I have the little things I question here and there...^^; Personally I think it's ridicilous the amount of hate Riolu's getting just for grabbing Snivy's tail, as I'm almost hundred percent positive this has happened before, not just with Female Pokemon. And gender only really matters for Attract, like EmphaticPikachu said earlier. Both Ash's male and female Pokemon have been proven to be great battlers, so why get upset over this? >.<
    Agreed, hating on Riolu just for that scene is ridiculous (but funny at the same time). The fact it caused constant ranting is just too humorous to me.

I mean a Pokémon being smug (whether it is their personality or a one time thing) in battle is nothing new and nobody seemed get riled up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Agreed, hating on Riolu just for that scene is ridiculous (but funny at the same time). The fact it caused constant ranting is just too humorous to me.

I mean a Pokémon being smug (whether it is their personality or a one time thing) in battle is nothing new and nobody seemed get riled up about it.
    With all due respect, I'm not surprised that you're siding with Riolu. Given the identity of the character we've always argued about and your constant support of him, I never expected you to admit that something is wrong about Kotetsu's Riolu's actions. That said, I have no time to try to convince someone who loves Riolu's arrogance of the damage he has inflicted. You can either try and be open-minded and understand where some of us are coming from or ignore the issue. I'm sure you'll do the latter, as always. But I digress.

Hydrogen is now going to win twice. bummer and Riolu evolving is pointless

Isn't Snivy supposed to be dominating Riolu? But all we saw was Riolu mutilating her. I'm not sure how the thing can tank so much damage, and Lucario will only tank harder.

I'm glad some other people are joining the Pignite hate train. Good lord.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Riolu showing that kind of sadistic attitude could be a one time thing and we never see it again. Oh wait he's evolving so I can't say it for Riolu.

Lucario then, but Lucario's personality might change and he could have a more mature behaviour compared to Riolu. Hoping it'll still be notable.

With all due respect, I'm not surprised that you're siding with Riolu. Given the identity of the character we've always argued about and your constant support of him, I never expected you to admit that something is wrong about Kotetsu's Riolu's actions. That said, I have no time to try to convince someone who loves Riolu's arrogance of the damage he has inflicted. You can either try and be open-minded and understand where some of us are coming from or ignore the issue. I'm sure you'll do the latter, as always. But I digress.
    It's because Riolu is male isn't it? If snivy kicked Riolu in the crotch and then leaf stormed at point blank you would be celebrating.

@shneak all it takes to incapacitate something on the show is one attract. Its the equivalent of an Xeye seed from the mystery dungeon gamez.

It's because Riolu is male isn't it? If snivy kicked Riolu in the crotch and then leaf stormed at point blank you would be celebrating.
    ...Sadly I have to agree with this...Seems like a double-standard if you ask me...if the genders were reversed on Riolu and Snivy I don't think the hate would be nearly as bad, or even there...>.<
    Also, Attract in the game (At least for Whitney it was >.>) is a pain, especially if you're unlucky. >.>

Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast