Thread: So Few GirlxGirl ships?

Default So Few GirlxGirl ships?

Why are there so few GirlxGirl ships? There are loads of GirlxBoy and BoyxBoy ships, so why so few?

I'd say there is plenty of both http://shipping.bulbagarden.net/listaz.html

I think I make up for with how many girls I ship with Iris. Anyway we have a few ships but they all need more fan base especially Bustershipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    I think I make up for with how many girls I ship with Iris. Anyway we have a few ships but they all need more fan base especially Bustershipping.
    I have to admit girl x girl shipping are often less well supported fennel and juniper is pretty popular though.

I agree there doesn't look to be many same sex shippings on the site at first glance. You just gotta look a bit harder. But in terms of numbers het shippings just outweigh everything else. I think it's mainly because of the main girls that Ash is always with and how hinty the writers can sometimes get -looking at may and misty-

To many comashippers
    not enough paletshippers...

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I think it says how many girls watch the show. We don't want to see our 2 girlfriends kiss one another for most part a guy will shrig it off if 2 guys kiss and us girls think a million things when guys kiss cause some how its alluring yet so wrong. My fav girl x girl ship Zoey x Dawn but I don't really see it happening. And I know why some people ship Misty x May. Though I disagree with that ship I know why it's their May fan girls over Misty when they first meet. And so some people go crazy. Another odd girl ship is Misty x her sisters while I can see why with Daisy as they are protective of one another I don't get why plural of sisters as in short lily and violet are witches with a b and delight in torchering Misty. Daisy's teasing which she has stopped doing last we checked in at gym was more friendly jokey around and the thing at beining of series with Dasy ash and Misty was Miss understood it was just Daisy being hopeful. I don't get people who ship Misty x Dawn I just don't and I have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    I agree there doesn't look to be many same sex shippings on the site at first glance. You just gotta look a bit harder. But in terms of numbers het shippings just outweigh everything else. I think it's mainly because of the main girls that Ash is always with and how hinty the writers can sometimes get -looking at may and misty-

To many comashippers
    not enough paletshippers...
    You mean AshxDento isn't as popular? I like that one
    Any ways, I know DawnxCynthia was pretty big at one point.
    I don't think Bw pairings over all have been that popular though compared to other series of Pokemon.

IrisxDawn I think has a slight fandom, IrisxCynthia and Irisxrival ( forgot her name) I think that ones pretty big out of this series.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Not that I undersand/ have any interest in 'shipping' at all, but I find it hard finding any evidence 'girlxgirl' relationships. I know someone on here supports a relationship between XY's Serena and Shauna, wtf possible evidence could there be for that at this stage? So weird

I think it's to do with the fact that more girls are into shipping than boys are, and they'll tend to shrug off any potentially "romantic" interactions between two girls as just two girls sharing an extremely close bond more than they'll do with m/f or m/m ships. That's what I've noticed I tend to do, anyway, since I see a lot of these interactions in everyday life anyway. (Besides, from my personal experience, girls tend to be more touchy-feely with each other than boys do.)