Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Contestshipping (May x Drew) Discussion Thread

Adorable banner, Ashist! Is that Teppo's artwork, I see? I don't think I've seen that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by GloomyHaruka
    But hgfdjyhgtfds thanks so much for answering my question!
    Not a problem. :3

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Lu
    I said earlier that Drew's power trip ends about mid-way through this episode. This is the moment when his opinion of her begins to change. He's surprised by her appeal performance, and he stops jerkishly belittling her and bragging about his own talents after that. He starts to take her more seriously. Sure, he still teases her, but it's changed; you might notice that the nature of his teasing, after this point, shifts from being destructive to constructive. The insults he flings at her in AG035 and the first half of AG037 are meant to tear her down; the insults after come more in the form of advice hidden under a layer of criticism. Constructive criticism, that is.
    Yes, the condescending tone does seem to disappear. When she's performing, you see him snicker at her falling (which is so totally mean), but when she shows that she's actually good at this, it's obvious, just from his facial expression, that his opinion of her changes. You're right - he goes from completely flaunting his own talent, to giving her criticism about what she's doing. However, I wouldn't say it completely shifts. Drew has no problem in the Wynaut ep, among other earlier episodes, showing off his ribbons and stroking his own ego at May's expense.

I also want to talk about May through this (because she's the other half of this ship and we shouldn't ignore her XD), even though she's not as secretive as Drew. Like Ash, her emotions and thoughts are pretty clear throughout her entire run - she doesn't have a problem making them clear to the audience or anyone else.

I find it endearing that even after Drew's been nothing but a jerk to her, and she's gotten pretty angry at him over it, May is still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - she is complimentary of his performance in Slateport (even when Ash is being bitter!) and she is willing to accept Drew's first rose as a peace offering (if not something romantic -> she does blush about it for a split second before he screwed it up...but it might just be a flattered blush...). I really like how the writers are so consistent with this character flaw of hers, taking it to a new level when Harley takes complete advantage of it. But even so, May is willing to befriend Drew and may have even showed to be receptive to something more with him from the get go.
    But, of course, Drew has to cover it up by saying the rose is for Beautifly, sending this ship on a long journey to get back to this status that we only really see again slightly in the Wynaut ep, and then in Kanto. After this, May is pretty apprehensive when Drew appears, expecting him to be a jerk, which is funny - his slight change in tone goes almost unnoticed by May for a long while.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Oh, *hugs* Thank you so much guys for liking the banner. And yes Encyclopika, it is one of teppo's works. I've been a fan of Teppo's works and I even waited for his/her new arts. And I indeed love Teppo's art style when drawing pokemon shipping related arts, and of course, that involves Contestshipping

Speaking of fanarts here are some of Teppo's arts: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=22187603

Spoiler:- Fanarts!:
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

*The Rock style eyebrow raise* daaaaaaamn teppo, wow just wow

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

@Ashist_Wilketch Ahhh they're so cute!xD Ahahaha, what I love about this artist is that he/she draws all sorts of ships!! <3 And of course, they're all so cute. <3 Thanks for sharing though! I've actually been trying to find his/her page for a while.xD LOL.

I like those fanarts a lot, I really do.

Question time!

If May and Drew get married, where would they have their honeymoon, and then where would they live?

New York City sounds like a good place for a honeymoon, and I think they could live in Goldenrod City.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

FFFFFFFFFFFF Thank goodness for Teppo! Like seriously...I just watched the Wynaut Episode and then I look at those fanarts and I'm just flipping out. <3 And Ashist - the pixiv link you posted isn't working. D:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    And Ashist - the pixiv link you posted isn't working. D:
    Really?D: Hmmm it's working for me.; A ;
    Maybe it's because he/she posted the link to one of those multiple drawings pages? (or whatever they're called, lol)
    Here, try this link!:3
    http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=18457

BWAAAH I'm a terrible thread member Dx *glares at homework*

Those Teppo arts *O*

I agree with what Lu said about Drew's developing feelings for May. There was definitely a process, not just instant love. However, I stand firmly by the belief that there was a spark of attraction when they first met; she was the innocent rookie, and he knew what that felt like.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    If May and Drew get married, where would they have their honeymoon, and then where would they live?
    Heh...I think they'd have their honeymoon in Rubello, and they'd live in Floaroma Town. Cuz, you know, flowers...And it's a quiet little place, which Drew would like.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Im starting a Contestshipping fic with a co author and Im looking at viewpoints. So naturally Im going over the twos episodes. The sparkle and fire between them make an amazing pairing.They look at each other with that chemistry and friendship. Its hard to imagine the Hoenn anime without these two. They just look great.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the greatest banner EVAR!

@LittleRalts Ohhhh sounds great!!:3

And currently I'm working on a drawing a friend asked me to do.; u ;
    I'm normally not into this kind of stuff, but his idea sounded interesting? He wanted me to draw Ash and May's kid and May and Drew's kid. Both children come from a different timeline/alternative universe kind of thing?
    Usually not into stuff like that, but for some reason, it reminded me of Sailor Moon??? Don't know why. lol
    Buuuuut, i thought it'd be fun to draw both their children?xD LOL. Wants me to draw them as 16 year olds. So it's more fun for me. Anyway's, they're just gonna be headshots tho. I'm almost done with May and Drew's daughter!
    I really liked how it turned out so far??; u ; Added roses and stuff~
    Anyway's, gonna upload that here next week!!8D Kind of excited tho for some reason??xD

Urgh, but after that, I think I MIGHT draw some Ash x Drew x May kind of stuff.xD Would be cute. But like, a friendship kind of drawing rather than the rivalry kind of pictures.:3

@ Haruka Thats way cool. I cant wait to see it.

Just set our shipping name : #LittleFrenchshipping...Im soooo ready to start.

@GloomyHaruka I can't wait to see it them! I'm not a fan of Advance I loathe it with a passion but I'm still really excited to see your drawings!
    3196-3352-8113

ytfhudksgyfhjdshfdmsgwaaaah thanks so much guys!!; A ;
    Here's a WIP of Drews and Mays daughter.xD Best picture I can take until I can scan it next week.; A ;
    Art by me~

Now to do the other one, LOL.xD

EDIT: K, having some problems uploading it or something??? So here's the direct link if you guys are having trouble.; A ; lol
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/9eaec3ac5...cfno1_1280.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GloomyHaruka; 23rd March 2013 at 3:39 AM.

I like it. I think shes great. When you scan it and add extras around it....whew. Perfecto mundo.

Gwaaah thank you so much!! <3 I'm glad you liked it.x3

Gloomy, your stalking this place too? XD

Might as well join the fun here, I'm kinda in the same ship as Gloomy but I ship Contest as much as I do Advance but you really can't see it. The only closest thing is in my stories.

I got a question, I've been searching for some new (or old, haven't read much) contestshipping fics lately simply because the new As fics are all about Ash and May go to something something region and so on. (not very new I know) but all the CS fics I come across are pretty much high school with the usual shipping line up of Poke, Ikari and Wishful.

Is there any good CS fics that don't base their stories on high school or vampires. It would be really nice to read something fresh and not AS basing for once. ^^;

You know that place where you find Shaymin in DP? That would be a cute place yet, that sounds rather cliché. xD

Oh, I forgot to answer that question. May and Drew would get married Fullmoon Island and live at Nimbasa City because they love the center of attention.

@Midnight TEEEHEEHEHEHRFEUDHWJGHFDHGEFUDJEGHDFJK!!! <333 Yes, I stalk here from time to time too.xD LOL.
    And for your fanfiction question, I know none whatsoever.; u ; Sorry.; A ; /sobs

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz
    Is there any good CS fics that don't base their stories on high school or vampires. It would be really nice to read something fresh and not AS basing for once. ^^;
    All my crap is uber old, so I'm sure you've read it all already, if you've been searching. If not, tell me which topics interest you and I'll hook you up with my own stuff.

-An incredibly long journey fic that has Fakemon in a region all about contests. It's won a lot of awards here - idk why.
    -A strange room that creates an alternate reality for those unlucky enough to be put there in a coma. Has sexy time in it. It's mostly forgotten.
    -A Romeo&Juliet involving Angels and Demons, complete with healthy doses of fluff, angst, conspiracy, violence, and mystery. Another that's gotten a lot of love - it's my best, imo.
    -A white day oneshot that's way more fluffy than the above, and that's worth noting because most of my stuff is pretty dark.

Otherwise, I'd look in the fic catalog under Contestshipping and judge 'em by their titles. Usually you can pick out the subject matter on a lot of them. Also, it may be a good idea to find an author that has written multiple CS fics so you know they were good enough to be encouraged to do more, or that they have experience writing CS.
    A lot of the time, I find CS fics to be hard to swallow. I enjoy fluff, but a lot of the time, fics have so much fluff, they lose the unresolved romantic/sexual tension that is CS, and that's just not fun, plus it's OOC.
    I prefer fics that have more going on in the background than the foreground romance, and the romance needs to include all angles of love, or I lose interest in its one-dimension-ality. It's hard to please me in a fic. .___. That's why I have no other suggestions. When CS was in full swing, I spent all my time writing the fanfiction instead of reading it. I also got upset when people didn't finish their stuff. Like, I spent so much time reading this and you just up and leave it! lol I'm a broken shipper...

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

hey, I also need a good contestshipping read, the problem is that they are not contestshipping fics, the problem is that when I see a contestshipping fic is always, ALWAYS a high school/band fic and it's driving me crazy!!!!, so could you recomend me something, very please

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My upcoming fic. Lol Me and Ana are doing one. Thy travel the Sinnoh contest circut and grow relationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    All my crap is uber old, so I'm sure you've read it all already, if you've been searching. If not, tell me which topics interest you and I'll hook you up with my own stuff.

-An incredibly long journey fic that has Fakemon in a region all about contests. It's won a lot of awards here - idk why.
    -A strange room that creates an alternate reality for those unlucky enough to be put there in a coma. Has sexy time in it. It's mostly forgotten.
    -A Romeo&Juliet involving Angels and Demons, complete with healthy doses of fluff, angst, conspiracy, violence, and mystery. Another that's gotten a lot of love - it's my best, imo.
    -A white day oneshot that's way more fluffy than the above, and that's worth noting because most of my stuff is pretty dark.

Otherwise, I'd look in the fic catalog under Contestshipping and judge 'em by their titles. Usually you can pick out the subject matter on a lot of them. Also, it may be a good idea to find an author that has written multiple CS fics so you know they were good enough to be encouraged to do more, or that they have experience writing CS.
    A lot of the time, I find CS fics to be hard to swallow. I enjoy fluff, but a lot of the time, fics have so much fluff, they lose the unresolved romantic/sexual tension that is CS, and that's just not fun, plus it's OOC.
    I prefer fics that have more going on in the background than the foreground romance, and the romance needs to include all angles of love, or I lose interest in its one-dimension-ality. It's hard to please me in a fic. .___. That's why I have no other suggestions. When CS was in full swing, I spent all my time writing the fanfiction instead of reading it. I also got upset when people didn't finish their stuff. Like, I spent so much time reading this and you just up and leave it! lol I'm a broken shipper...
    That is the absolute worst. There's SO many fics that I've read that get left at a cliffhanger. You see the last update and it is 2006/07 or so and you just want to cry in a ditch... I've been scouring ff.net for fanfiction (I swear kick hasn't gone away in forever) and everything is awful... D: I'm certain I'll find my good CS fic eventually. :]

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Howdy guys!
    I found a CS fic on fanfiction.net just a few minutes ago called "Welcome Home" by ochazuke. I've only just started it, but it's really good so far and is being updated regularly.

@GloomyHaruka I LOVE IT!!!
    3196-3352-8113

I wrote a CS fanfic that isn't a high school AU type of thing last summer. It's set after the Wallace Cup in Sinnoh, and it finishes off May and Drew's Johto journey. You can read it here, if you're interested.

I'm also in the process of writing something in which CS is one of several pairings. I put up the second chapter this morning, and I update it on a weekly basis. You can find the link to that in my signature.
    New Fanfic: The Ash Connection
    Weekly updates every Saturday

Hey guys - the OP seems to not be around very much to update our first post with things like fanfiction, fanart sites, etc. :/ I'll go to her profile and see what's up - maybe she'll be okay letting me update her post for the benefit of (what seems to be) us all. XD

In the meantime, please look at our Shipping Fic Catalog -> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0-updated-1-12! I break my back over it. XD

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast