Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Contestshipping (May x Drew) Discussion Thread

Hey! Another member from the old thread here I haven't posted in such a long time, since May left, but I still read fics and watch the episodes. Add me please

When did you start to ship May and Drew together?
    From the first rose I think, although I liked Drew from his debut episode.

What is everyone's favorite hint?
    Well as everyones mentioned the wynaut episode already I'll be different. My favourite scene with them is at the end of the Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing, when they're just watching the sunset together (before Harley arrives), I know there's nothing too big in that scene, but I think it shows how they've grown from just rivals to something more, that they can enjoy each others company like that.

EDIT: I have something interesting to show you all! Just found this little gem, watch this video from 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzt8N6LOcbg

Its the original voice actors of May and Drew, and Pete Zarustica seems to approve of contestshipping :P
    Last edited by lara lynx; 13th January 2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Hloly hell, there is a new thread? I am in.

I started to ship the two after reading a few fics sometime ago. Wait, I think I just read around some fanfics. Well, I just like them as a pairing either way!

Oh, nice to see Encyclopika

Speaking of fanfics...gonna have to wait, I have a long week left.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 14th January 2013 at 7:38 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by lara lynx
    EDIT: I have something interesting to show you all! Just found this little gem, watch this video from 5 minutes.

Its the original voice actors of May and Drew, and Pete Zarustica seems to approve of contestshipping :P
    Lara! Nice to see you again!
    I watched the video - that's just awesome! You know there's something to your ship when your character's voice actor is a shipper. XD I can't believe he said that though. lol
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by lara lynx View Post

Aw man I lul'd. xDDD SOMETHING HAPPENED. IT WAs A NEW REGION GOSH DARN IT. D8< That makes me wonder if their new voice actors were Contestshippers too probably.

I've been getting my Contestshippy mood back for a while lol, I even drew a small little sketch of May and Drew, if I find the time to doodle it on my tablet I'll share it with you guys. x3

Also thanks Encyclopika for posting some good Contestshippy fanfics (it was something I was looking for xD)
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Encylopika
    Lara! Nice to see you again!
    I watched the video - that's just awesome! You know there's something to your ship when your character's voice actor is a shipper. XD I can't believe he said that though. lol
    You too Ama

I know! If he thought there was something there, it means he was playing Drew as though there was something there. Thats good enough contestshipping confirmation for me! XD
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

I remember watching that video a good while ago and commenting to myself how obvious CS can be that even the voice actors notice it. x3

You too Ama

I know! If he thought there was something there, it means he was playing Drew as though there was something there. Thats good enough contestshipping confirmation for me! XD
    Lol! Same here. At least we know "Drew" felt something. ;3
    I wonder if their japanese or any of their other voice actors for that matter noticed it. That would sure be interesting to know.

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

Hello, I'd like to join the ContestShipping Discussion! ^_^ Is there some form of Sign-Up Question to answer? =O

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I was the weirdest kid back then. My favorite episodes were the ones with Pokémon contests. For some odd reason, I always thought they would end up together. The first episode I watched that involved Pokémon Contests was probably Spontaneous Combusken.

What's your favorite moment between May and Drew?
    Hmm, probably the ending of Rhapsody in Drew!.
    Last edited by Rakansen; 18th January 2013 at 3:00 AM. Reason: Spacing error :P

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Hello, I'd like to join the ContestShipping Discussion! ^_^ Is there some form of Sign-Up Question to answer? =O
    Not that I know of, so anyone is welcomed~ =D

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I was the weirdest kid back then. My favorite episodes were the ones with Pokémon contests. For some odd reason, I always thought they would end up together. The first episode I watched that involved Pokémon Contests was probably Spontaneous Combusken.
    Well, that would explain a lot. x) If someone who has never watched Pokemon before saw that episode first, they would think May and Drew liked each other. They have so many cute moments there, especially all the blushes. x3

FF.Net
    * Tumblr

I wanna jooooooin ! It's my favorite ship !

When did you start to ship May and Drew together ?
    Since they meet each other. I boy bothering a girl is a sign of affection. Since the start, I knew they were going to be more than good friends.

What's your favorite moment between May and Drew ?
    Mostly the episode Spontaneous Combusken!, for all the good stuff Brianna give us, but also May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! (when Solidad talks about Drew's feeling toward May) and The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing! (when May is often blushing to Drew, and there is a lot of confidences in this episode). But I loved all the episodes with May in Drew, I watch them closely to see every hints of a profound relationship between them.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Ooh, I wanna join! I just love Contestshipping (:

Back when DP was airing. I was an Advance/Cavaliershipper but then Lyra debuted and I immediately fell in love with PokeSilvershippng and I began to support Contestshipping.

The roses, hands down. But I also like the ending of the Kanto Grand Festival when Drew was leaving and May chased after him.

Which episode was that again?

Oh, I have a question!!!
    What was your favorite rose that Drew gave May?

Mine's the one at the end of "Come What May", when she asks if it's for Beautifly and he says "yeah...something like that". <3
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanus191 View Post

The roses, hands down. But I also like the ending of the Kanto Grand Festival when Drew was leaving and May chased after him.

Which episode was that again?
    Welcome~!! =D

I loved that little scene~ :3 I believe it was Channeling the Battle Zone. Now I feel like seeing all the grand festival episodes. x)

My favorite rose was in Hi Ho Silverwind when Drew stopped May from talking by handing her a rose. It reminded me of the cliche of a guy stopping a girl from talking by kissing her. Drew did the same, but with a rose. x3

FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Thanks for the warm welcome, Winter Storm (: And thanks for telling me which episode it was, I really wasn't sure.

This is a tough one.

I don't know the name of the episode but it was the one where Drew hands May a rose and she asks, "is this for Beautifly?" and then Drew replied, "yeah, something like that." Thgat just kind of proves what we've known for so long. The roses were most definitely for her beautifly.

And the first one as well. May was yelling at him and he just held a rose up in front of her face. That was pretty classic, I have to say.

Hmm, I loved them all, they were all their own little hint. I LOVE the parting gift rose he gave May at the end of the Kanto GF, where Solidad actually delivered it. It was SO CUTE when May chased after Drew because of it and then looked at it fondly when he left. It was just...OMG. OMG.

BUT! I think my favorite of the roses in all was the one he didn't actually give - which was the one actually sent from Brianna (I can no longer remember episode names, but you all know what I'm talking about). The thing about this rose is that, not only did it cause such awkwardness and stuff for Drew, but we also (finally!) got to see how May felt about them. When she first received this rose, it's very important to her, it and the letter. She's seen staring at both in the next episode after she got it. Then she confronts Drew about it, who denies sending it (and is very bashful about everyone knowing it's his thing for May). This rose is just so pivotal and makes for some undeniable Contestshipping hints. So, it's my favorite. The episode in general just makes Contestshipping canon. I mean, when Brianna is all "Do you like Drew? Cause I do!" May can't even say no. X3

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac
    Also thanks Encyclopika for posting some good Contestshippy fanfics (it was something I was looking for xD)
    Aw, no problem. There are a ton of Contestshipping fics on this board, you won't ever run out of material. ^_^

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

I know #i'm a couple of days late, but HAPPY VALENTINES XD

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8f0349e06...3ywo1_1280.jpg

I know #i'm a couple of days late, but HAPPY VALENTINES XD

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8f0349e06...3ywo1_1280.jpg
    Aw! That's one of my favorite fanarts - who is it from though? I'd like to go to their site if they have one.

Speaking of which, I actually went fanart-looking at some of the old, Japanese sites I used to go to and so many of them are gone! It's really unfortunate. Does anybody have any Contestshipping fanart sites they'd like to share?

This thread is already getting pretty dead - where'd you all go? ;0;

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Does anybody have any Contestshipping fanart sites they'd like to share?

Teppo will forever remain one of my favorite artists, not just for her Contestshipping art, but just because she's awesome in general.

The last one, in which Drew gives Solidad a rose to give to May. I firmly believe he does this for either one of two reasons: (a) he's still embarrassed from May and company's teasing about him always giving May roses, and he didn't want to risk being teased again; (b) he doesn't really want to face her after their nasty spat at the beginning of the Grand Festival. Maybe it's a mix of both, but I'm more inclined to go with the latter.

I really do think Drew felt bad about losing his cool and snapping at May after the appeals round, based on his introspective disposition watching the sunset and his reluctance to talk to Ash and Brock after the incident. May and Drew themselves never talk it out and apologize. They just kind of awkwardly push through it, and it kind of makes for this weird vibe between them for pretty much the remainder of the festival. They don't talk to each other, and they don't hang out; to the audience's knowledge, the next time they confront each other is literally on the battlefield. This is why May watches Drew carefully after she wins the battle because, despite the tension between them, they're still friends and rivals, and she doesn't want to ruin that. Only when gets confirmation that it's OK to be happy from him does she celebrate.

They finally talk face-to-face after the battle, in which Drew is a gracious loser and compliments May on her performance. At this point, May's already forgiven him, but I don't think Drew has forgiven himself yet. That's why he gives the rose to Solidad. He doesn't want to confront her again on such a personal level again so quickly; sure, he can go backstage and congratulate May on her win, but that's easy. Congratulating her on her win is just part of being a good rival; handing her a rose is on a different playing field, because now he's stepping outside of the boundaries of a rival and treating her as a love interest. Of course, he's always handed May roses before, but he's never had such a nasty spat with May before, either. Giving Solidad the rose is an easy way of dealing with it.

Of course, May isn't OK with this. She wants to confront him in person, which Drew isn't entirely comfortable with. If you watch that scene closely, you'll notice that Drew is initially a little standoffish toward her, which confuses May. Then you can almost literally see it click in his head that things are cool between them and that she's already moved on from the incident. He loosens up then and promises they'll see each other again, to which May is thrilled.

I found that fanart when I was browsing through tumblr, but I don't think a link was given for the original artist which is a shame =/

Teppo is amazing, I love the style!

Also found on tumblr:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...dkz5o4_500.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/92e2a240e...ucqo1_1280.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/25b0ee349...e0fo3_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/2a0d6bea1...e0fo1_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/2e753ec07...6wyo1_1280.png
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/6a1698f66...xb9do1_500.png
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...4w1o1_1280.jpg

The last one is one of my all time favourites. Again, I have no idea who the original artists are

Love the fanarts! Yes, Teppo is also one of my favortie artist when it comes to pokemon fanarts. I like Teppo's art style and the way he/she draws. (I haven't seen any new of her contestshipping fanarts too..).
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

I Am Lu - I LOVE your interpretation on the last episode of the KGF!

The last one, in which Drew gives Solidad a rose to give to May. I firmly believe he does this for either one of two reasons: (a) he's still embarrassed from May and company's teasing about him always giving May roses, and he didn't want to risk being teased again; (b) he doesn't really want to face her after their nasty spat at the beginning of the Grand Festival. Maybe it's a mix of both, but I'm more inclined to go with the latter.
    I've seen someone else on Tumblr analyze this episode and particularly this rose, and then also go with the latter reason, as do I. I think it's perfectly in Drew's character to shy away when he loses his cool, because he doesn't do it often. However, this isn't the first time he's done it, though it is the most intense. During the Hoenn Grand Festival, Drew really gives May a lecturing and is totally upset with her as well, though for different reasons. (Though it's probably best to analyze at another time, I can't help but just come out and say, after so many years, you can really tell from that outburst that it's out of the fact that he cares about May, unlike this one in the KGF that's simply annoyance). He is totally regretting his snap at May, and it's very plausible that there's no other reason than that for which he used a middle man to deliver his token of affection. (I also LOVE that he still had to give her a rose even if it was that painful. It truly says something, not only about Contestshipping and their friendship, but about Drew and May themselves. This was such a great rose to choose!)

May and Drew themselves never talk it out and apologize. They just kind of awkwardly push through it, and it kind of makes for this weird vibe between them for pretty much the remainder of the festival.
    It's not just through the end of the festival - even when Drew shows up in Lightness of Seeing it's still really awkward, and I'm still under the impression that May's slump wasn't just because she was at the end of her rope in Kanto while she was waiting for Ash to go through the rest of his business. I firmly believe that, like she said, she was thinking about Drew and what happened between them.
    It's extremely awkward when May tries to tell him this, and even he's worried that these thoughts may not be good ones. Like, it seems he's (and perhaps, she's) genuinely afraid, still, that the spat and his defeat in the KGF has damaged their just budding friendship/relationship. I think May's flustered-ness ad blush are indicators of this, even if she doesn't come out and say it directly. (It's like for once the writers put in some thought to a continuous story XD).

Of course, May isn't OK with this. She wants to confront him in person, which Drew isn't entirely comfortable with.
    This is a great running theme in Contestshipping that I always liked, and that's how different May and Drew are from each other, but somehow they compliment each other. And, for times like these and in the Lightness of Seeing they can break the other out of their shell.
    For this I firmly go with the headcanon that sometime in Johto, all of this gets put on the table and the actual relationship starts. It may not even be official for years to come, but since they've been flirting all this time anyway, there's no use changing something that isn't broken. I'm sure Drew still gives May roses, and I bet they just so happen to meet up at the same places and contests all the time, always telling each other that it's some strange coincidence, like either one of them believes that.

GUYS. THIS SHIP IS PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by lara lynx
    I found that fanart when I was browsing through tumblr, but I don't think a link was given for the original artist which is a shame =/

Teppo is amazing, I love the style!

Also found on tumblr:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...dkz5o4_500.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/92e2a240e...ucqo1_1280.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/25b0ee349...e0fo3_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/2a0d6bea1...e0fo1_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/2e753ec07...6wyo1_1280.png
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/6a1698f66...xb9do1_500.png
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...4w1o1_1280.jpg

The last one is one of my all time favourites. Again, I have no idea who the original artists are
    Those are so adorable! I don't recognize any of the artwork though. .-.
    And you're on Tumblr?! Are we following each other? I can't remember if we've been through this or not... /off topic
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 27th February 2013 at 5:51 AM.

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Though this may never happen, I hope they show more of May and Drew when they were in Johto.

Safari:

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about posting here! School has officially crossed the line with interrupting my posting >.>

I Am Lu, I also love the way you explained the Grand Festival scenario.

I don't remember if I or anyone else has mentioned this yet, but did you guys notice the way May said "I'm not weak just because I care about...my Pokémon." after he snapped at her in Thinning The Hoard? Maybe it's just my headcanons, but I think she might have been about to say something else I don't usually make a point of focusing on little debatable things like that, but for some reason it's always just kinda stuck out when I watch that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen
    Though this may never happen, I hope they show more of May and Drew when they were in Johto.
    Yeah, that would be really amazing. I hear that Brock and Misty are getting a mention (or an appearance) according to BulbaNews, so maybe May and Drew will get mentions or maybe even more in an upcoming episode. Dawn already got hers, and May's way overdue for one anyway.
    Last edited by RocketToTheMoon; 4th March 2013 at 3:41 AM.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

I was actually thinking about Contestshipping a few days ago.. such a blast from the past! May and Drew are super, super cute. :]

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    Yeah, that would be really amazing. I hear that Brock and Misty are getting a mention (or an appearance) according to BulbaNews, so maybe May and Drew will get mentions or maybe even more in an upcoming episode. Dawn already got hers, and May's way overdue for one anyway.
    I'm sure if they ever make a R/S/E remake, the anime might somehow bring May back, unless that situation with Crystal and Lyra happens again.

Safari:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast