Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DO you dislike wealthy folk?

Default DO you dislike wealthy folk?

I have some friends who say they only like rich people that don't brag about having money.....

...and I've never met a rich person who wasn't proud of their acomplishments. Lol. I don't understand how people expect others not to be proud of themselves

I also don't understand why people hate on others for being born into wealth. Chances are, you were also born into a family that knows how to make money, so when born into wealth you're going to be [/i]raised as a child[/i] knowing how to make money.

Discuss your thoughts on what I've just said please
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

No I think everyone is just about the same even if they have a lot of money
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I'm JEALOUS of wealthy folk.

I'm jealous AND dislike obnoxious wealthy people that rub it in your face.

I don't like the ones that think they are better than everyone else because they have more money

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

i don't dislike them for being wealthy.
    i only dislike them if they are snobbish,rude, and if they think they are better than everyone else.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

No, they are people to and they should be treated as such. No as "the wealthy".
    岩根雅明=♡

Ok some good replies in this thread....because this is my house and I've gotten a lot of hate on other forums.

I agree with posters such as Goth and Jon17 because I think you should treat everyone as individuals
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

I don't hate wealthy people at all. I would actually want to be friends with them

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I don't hate wealthy people at all. I would actually want to be friends with them
    so you can have a bit of their cash xD
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I don't have a disposition to dislike the wealthy. If I happen to dislike a wealthy person, it is not because they are wealthy or affluent, but because of any traits they have, which may or may not be a result of being wealthy.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

While I have not met a wealthy person, I have nothing against the rich folk (though I can't stand celebrities majority of the time, but their wealth has nothing to do with it). I understand that it's the wealthy businessmen who signs the paychecks. No one will work for a poor man. People who have a dislike for rich people either had bad experiences with rich children, or they were raised/taught to hate the rich people because "businesses are evil". That's why the whole Occupy Wall Street dilemma was so ridiculous.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    so you can have a bit of their cash xD
    Nope, they can be nice people if you know them really well. I can get my own cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Nope, they can be nice people if you know them really well. I can get my own cash.
    Agree with you !!!
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

Anyone ever read the Great Gatsby?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I don't think it's right to form an opinion on anyone until you get to know them properly. You shouldn't judge anyone based on their success, appearances or any factors other than personality. If you do then maybe the problem lies with you.

xxx

No, mainly because I'm technically one of the wealthier folk myself and some of my friends are from wealthy families, since I go to a private school. I do hate people who think the world revolves around them and that they can evade taxes just because they're rich, though *cough*gangnampeople*cough*.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    No, mainly because I'm technically one of the wealthier folk myself and some of my friends are from wealthy families, since I go to a private school. I do hate people who think the world revolves around them and that they can evade taxes just because they're rich, though *cough*gangnampeople*cough*.
    Nice!! We are in the same boat Flame mistress. I also go to private school.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

I like everyone. I want to read The Great Gatsby but haven't got around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny White View Post
    Nice!! We are in the same boat Flame mistress. I also go to private school.
    Well, I'm not exactly rich, but we do have a decent house, my dad has a decent income, and I usually get what I want if I beg. =p

I don't have a problem with certain upper-class folk, I just dislike those who brag and shove their accomplishments down people's throats (along with some politics). Though I have met a few rich people in my neighborhood, and I find them easy to get along with. Overall, rich people are mixed bag of personalities. And the same goes with the rest of the world.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

As long as they don't badger me for money.

Also, I kind of wish my dad would send me money because he is wealthier than I am. :(

Other than that, no. I do think they should be taxed more though. ;]

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

If you don't like someone, it should be because of their character, not their income. People who dislike wealthy people simply because their wealthy are usually just jealous.

I live in the poor area of a rich town. Everyone there is rich, except for me... But they're great people. It's a close community who will accept you into their town with open arms. They're great people, and when **** hits the fan, they come together like family. It's kinda nice.

I only dislike them if they are snobbish and rub the fact in someone's face. And treat people like trash if they dont have the same econiomic status as they do. Otherwise I don't mind

I honestly don't mind them. Like I said in a different thread, nothing bothers me unless it is deliberate.

I don't think they should be taxed more. They or their relatives worked for wealth, like everyone else does, and they achieved it. Unless they won the lottory or robbed a bank; if that is the case, they should be considered as lucky or should be put in jail, respectively. Think about it, if you won the lottory, would you want your taxes to be increased?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast