Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DO you dislike wealthy folk?

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    i don't dislike them for being wealthy.
    i only dislike them if they are snobbish,rude, and if they think they are better than everyone else.
    I agree to this.

Define "wealthy". Are we talking about millionaires and their heirs, or are we talking about... Say, people with above average income? Either way, I don't have anything against or dislike "wealthy" folk, or the generic snobbish rich kids either.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

My family is quite wealthy already. I don't care about money really. Its how you carry on about yourself is how you should be judged on.

Oh and this thread is stupid honestly. for real. Money shouldn't be something on how you decide someone. There are some really snobby, bratty and overall shitty dirt poor folks out there but we assume as a society that the dirt poor deserve respect because well, they are living shitty. Honestly I have more respect for the snobby rich person because hell, at least they are going out and EARNING their dollar instead of sitting on their *** reaping unemployment benefits for months on end.
    those dang liberals

No. I have no issues with the material wealth someone has.

But I do dislike a lot political rhetoric that some wealthy people use to justify their position in society. (not going into detail because this isn't the debate thread)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I grew a dislike for them because of living where I am. My neighboring towns are notorious for being rich and snobby. And I have seen it first hand, they literally look at you like you're scum. Not very friendly. ):

There are plenty of friendly wealthy folks I'm sure as well though.

I don't dislike wealthy people. Opinions on people should be judged by their personality and behavior, not by their amount of money. If they're arrogant and see everyone who isn't rich as lesser people, there's a valid reason to hate them. But there are rich people with a kind personality as well, and I don't see any reason to hate those.

Although i have met and heard of hundreds of wealthy people who snobbish and rude, but that doesnt mean that all of them are complete jerks. Some people actually good things with there money.
    Chloe108

I have great connections.

Well I'm more often to be found on the other side of the barrier...meaning that I'm somewhat more wealthy than most of the ppl of my generation. Ergo my mum doesn't work, I live in a cute 3-floor house with a private garden and my parents are co-owners of two or three houses abroad.

But I never, EVER brag about it. I'm already not exactly fond of the stares I get when I mention wich area of my town I live in. The last thing I want is to ppl to think I'm a spoiled child, even though I probably am...

Spoiler:- Credits:

I personally don't dislike the wealthy folk.
    But more often than not these people whom are in possession of large
    amounts of material possessions, care very little for the little things or even other things around them.
    I'm by no means suggesting that the rich and or wealthy care less about other people or their environment
    than others whom are less wealthy than them. But through my experience the majority of wealthy people
    or even rich people , have a very harmfully negative and toxic perception of the world.
    Bug-Type Represent !

I don't hate weathly people. It really just depends on the person they are. I've been friends with several wealthy people with wonderful personalities and the most positive and kind demeanor. I don't see all this hate for the wealthy people (the '99%' protests) I mean, they worked for what they have now. Not sit on their lazy buts and demand to be given money by the government.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I see no real reason to. Unless they rub their wealth in my face I see no reason to hate them.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    I personally don't dislike the wealthy folk.
    But more often than not these people whom are in possession of large
    amounts of material possessions, care very little for the little things or even other things around them.
    I'm by no means suggesting that the rich and or wealthy care less about other people or their environment
    than others whom are less wealthy than them. But through my experience the majority of wealthy people
    or even rich people , have a very harmfully negative and toxic perception of the world.
    That's a pretty skewed view, just look at Ellen Degeneres, she is very rich, but she does all she can to help others and the Earth. What do you do to help others or the environment?

I don't judge a person by what they have or how they look, it's actions and words that matter.

Though I admit it does seem the rich are numb to the plights of the less fortunate, but that's usually just because that's what they show you in the media. Not that the hyper-wealthy aren't one of the main problems, but that's another story.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 26th November 2012 at 3:33 PM.

I don't dislike wealthy people. Its just that their sometimes stereotyped as people that flaunt their wealthiness. I don't like people like that though.

If somebody hates another person purely because they're wealthy/have a higher income, they're probably not too great of a person.

Also, I'm curious, what qualifies as "flaunting their wealthiness"? Splurging on expensive things and then being excited about said things?
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

i dont hate them, but it does kind of annoy me when they show off all of their fancy stuff ie. cars private jets, houses/mansions, etc.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Like Ansem said I don't hate them either, HOWEVER I don't like how they don't like little people, how we are very small and unimportant to them, I hate all the stuff they have, I don't want any of that stuff, they think that having rich stuff makes you a big person, but it doesn't, in my opinion it makes you seem sad that you think money and objects will be there for you, sorry reality is it won't

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Like Ansem said I don't hate them either, HOWEVER I don't like how they don't like little people, how we are very small and unimportant to them, I hate all the stuff they have, I don't want any of that stuff, they think that having rich stuff makes you a big person, but it doesn't, in my opinion it makes you seem sad that you think money and objects will be there for you, sorry reality is it won't
    Not all of them do, you know.

I don't care about how well off financially people are but I often find that rich people are really condescending and just not that fun to be around.

I don't like wealthy people that only associate with other wealthy people and speak derisively about poor people *COUGHMITTROMNEYCOUGH*. I admire people like Matt Damon who are wealthy, but tend to associate a lot with people who make much less than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Quagsire View Post
    I don't like wealthy people that only associate with other wealthy people and speak derisively about poor people *COUGHMITTROMNEYCOUGH*. I admire people like Matt Damon who are wealthy, but tend to associate a lot with people who make much less than them.
    Not only is your statement very biased,
    But why like Matt Damon who makes a absurd amount of money just like Mitt Romney?

Honestly I think a lot of you are hypocritical when you say the wealthy don't associate with the less wealthy. This is such a overly used, prejudicial thing to say. Not all wealthy people are condescending and out to make asses of those who make less money. They walk among you just like normal people. They just happen to earn more cash.
    Making rich people look like assholes is a stupid in its entirety; I see plenty of assholes every day that make no money whatsoever.

I don't hate wealthy folk. I hate Snobs.

For instance, a good friend of mine has a rich uncle. I've met his uncle, and he's a fine man. My Grandpa wasn't rich at all, in fact my Mom's family were dirt poor, but he was still a complete snob, so I dislike that.
    D- Grade PASBL Ref- Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Not only is your statement very biased,
    But why like Matt Damon who makes a absurd amount of money just like Mitt Romney?

Honestly I think a lot of you are hypocritical when you say the wealthy don't associate with the less wealthy. This is such a overly used, prejudicial thing to say. Not all wealthy people are condescending and out to make asses of those who make less money. They walk among you just like normal people. They just happen to earn more cash.
    Making rich people look like assholes is a stupid in its entirety; I see plenty of assholes every day that make no money whatsoever.
    You missed my point completely. I said that I dislike wealthy people that only associate with other wealthy people, and I brought up Matt Damon as an example of someone who doesn't just stay in the rich person bubble. As opposed to Mitt Romney, who seemed genuinely uncomfortable whenever he was in close proximity to lower class people. I have a lot of respect for people who don't let wealth determine who's in their social circle. I NEVER said that ALL wealthy people only associate with other wealthy people. I mean, goddamn, reading comprehension isn't that hard, is it? I do believe, though, that a lot of wealthy people, especially those wealthy from birth, surround themselves with others of similar income levels, and that's not prejudicial so much as the honest truth. Maybe it's biased to say that those particular kind of rich people are typically jerks, but in my experience that seems to be the case.

Some are okay, and some try to show off. Coincidentally, the ones that show off are the ones I want to kill and steal money from.

People with money are just like people without money. What matters is how they deal with others.

| tumblr. | dA |

i only dislike those who have to express themselves by announcing how much each thing they're wearing at the moment costs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast