Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What for you was the best thing about GEN 3?

Weather, double battles, natures, Team Magma vs Team Aqua, the whole region :P

The region is amazing.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

The music and graphics.

It's just so charming that I can't help but love it to death.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

probably the battle frontier in emerald.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Hmm.. the music. I even enjoy the Pokemart music. Its adorable.
    Every single route too XD

I loved the designs of a lot of the pokemon. I actually couldn't make my mind up on which to put on my team. I still can't.. <.> XD
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Secret bases. I always loved the bases and the items you could place in them in R/S/E. I liked the secret bases in gen 3 where they were in the normal world, as compared to gen 4 where bases were not as cool and were in the underground which was a feature I was not a big fan of.

GodDamnZilla

The battle frontier, secret bases and especially the music. Also i like that battle tower place just outside of mauville city. Out of every pokemon game i have most of my time was spent on emerald.
    Heart Gold team:

Credits: Nakashima

The music. Hoenn has some of the nicest music. THere's not one time I'd mute the game.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I loved the region. All the cities were cool & diverse. Hoenn starter pokemon were also my fav for a while.
    FC: 1607-4134-9468

Aside from obvious things like the Pokemon I think what really stuck out to me was the design of the whole region. I really liked how you had cities that really took advantage of the areas they were in, such as how Fortree City was literally built as treehouses and how Sootopolis City was layered inside of a crater leftover from an undersea volcano.

It also helped that the region was huge and had all the land + big water routes that really gave you that adventure feeling, along with the weather. I wish we could go back to having water routes play a bigger role, Gen V really upset me in that they were almost non-existent.

Kyogre, hands down
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

That you could have a female rival and she isn't rude to you,

The music was the best in these games, I still listen to the soundtrack of these games occasionally. Also Rayquaza was badass.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

The Hoenn Region has to be one of my all time favorites! The region itself had a beautiful feel to it and I loved it!
    I also enjoyed the story line to Emerald, as it was my first game.

For me it was the music. There wasn't a single song I didn't like.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

The battle frontier cloning system

Best feature ever.

I really loved the graphics. Hoenn is my second favourite region out of all the generations, but I think all this new 3D stuff they have coming out is so overrated.
    I miss 3rd gen being like.. THE new generation. I just sucked that they didn't make a way for you to transfer your pokemon from G/S/C to R/S/E

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

The natures and abilities are obvious ones but I also liked the introduction of the VS Seeker in FR/LG. I remember training Pokemon for hours in Firered by using the VS Seeker on 7 Island.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

There is no way to describe the best thing about Generation III as I loved all of it. The best part of Generation III is that it was my childhood. I remember that the sound and music were both so lovely. The 386 beautiful Pokemon all within my grip. And I felt nostalgic to playing FireRed even if I had never played the original games. The sprites of the over world were incomparable. Whether I was Underwater, exploring the Sevii Islands, thwarting Team Magma's plans, or chilling out in the Battle Frontier, I felt a sense of comfort. FireRed and Emerald are games I will forever cherish.

What am I saying?... Oh and how come it was the low point of the series? (People should have realized that behind the reboot there are gorgeous games.)

In reality, the best thing was the advances in Competitive Battling but, I was not aware of this during my childhood.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

I lost my Charizard long ago... It was the best, it beat everything even a blastoise. I think it even beat Misty and Brock. Ah good old days. Best things about gen 3;

1. VS. Seeker
    2.POKENAV
    3. Rematches (Emerald Only)
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Everything was great i thought it would be a dissapointment at 1st cuz i thought they would ruin it after 3 generations but i love it. especialy emerald

You know. I keep thinking about 3rd gen and them doing a Remake. I didnt like it the best out of them all. But I would say the best thing I liked at out of it was either the bases or the two evil teams. I did like the rematchs of the trainers with the Phone thing. I enjoyed fighting the so of the trainers in the higher routes for more Exp. ^-^

For me, everything was great. The graphics, plot, setting, Pokemon, everything. Especially the battle frontier that provided a diverse way of battling.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

For me it had to be the revamped graphics and USC, as well as the new Pokémon and story lines. That as well as the Battle Frontier, which I have a massive love-hate relationship with. Love being the training and challenge, hate being the hax and unfairness of some AI battles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast