Thread: If you were an Anime Producer...

Default If you were an Anime Producer...

...which manga would you turn into an anime, and how would you go about producing it?

To make things a little easier (or if you're feeling lazy), you can try filling this out instead:

Manga: Put the manga you want to turn into an anime
    (note: it can be any Pokemon manga, whether it's Special/Adventures, Electric Tales of Pikachu, DPA, Pokemon Rangers manga, etc. Hell, you can even put in the Colosseum manga which currently only two scans; just use those or the games as a base and keep going from there!)
    Animation: Put the company you want to animate it (ex. Studio Bones, Ghibli, Kyoto Animation, or "the company who animated *insert anime here*")
    Filler: Yes/No
    Seasons: # of seasons to expect
    Opening: Put any songs you feel would fit as the manga's opener (post as many you want based on the # of seasons)
    Ending: (same as your openings)

Optional:

- List voice actors for each character (whether English/Japanese/whichever)
    - List songs you would use during certain scenes

After that, feel free to put down any thoughts on how you would organize the show, such as how you would arrange the episodes (whether they end in cliffhangers or not, what scenes you want animated the most, any script changes...), what you'd put for fillers, how you would stall if the manga's not complete, etc, including any reasons for them.

Also, you can put down more than one manga if you want. This is just for fun, so put down as much as you see fit. (just try to keep it organized please)

Other topics of discussion:

- Would a manga-based anime have a chance at surpassing the current Pokemon anime in America? In Japan? Or would it get the same treatment as Pokemon Chronicles?
    - Which manga-based animes would work well as brief crossovers? How would that go?
    - If manga-based characters showed up as cameos in the Pokemon anime, what do you think would happen? Would it be a good chance to promote the manga?

... I kinda wanna see Pokemon Pocket Monsters animated, just because it looks hilariously batshit insane and I have been completely unable to read it. I don't know enough about it to fill out the chart properly, though.

... Oh god, get SHAFT to animate it. You want batshit insane, you can never go wrong with SHAFT. (Except when they fall months behind schedule...)

Come to think of it, the PPM cast already made a cameo in the anime.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    ... Oh god, get SHAFT to animate it. You want batshit insane, you can never go wrong with SHAFT. (Except when they fall months behind schedule...)

Come to think of it, the PPM cast already made a cameo in the anime.
    Seeing Madoka so far, I agree.

Yes, but we didn't see them as actual characters.
    --------
    I'd adapt DPA and Special. First, DPA:

I'd get Studio Bones to animate it but only after the series is completed. This way, when we use Filler to expand on certain moments like Hareta's three, fourth and fifth gym battles and maybe add some extra stories for character expansion, there won't be plotholes that'll come back to bite our butts.

For voices, I know some good english ones.

Collen Clinkenbeard as Hareta (Her Luffy voice would be nothing short of perfect)

Cherami Leigh or Luci Christian as Mitsumi

Chris Patton as Jun

Allison Keith as Mars

Monica Rial as Jupiter

Chris Ayres as Saturn

Andy McAvin as Cyrus

Illich Auyapah Guardiola as Charon

Greg Aryes as B2

And for music, I'd do what Shinji Miyazaki does and use arrangements of the game music. That's all for now.

I'm interested in Pokemon Zensho. The manga has some problems (according to reviewers), but if it was animated they could fix any problems without offending anyone. I don't see it as an entire series; maybe a movie or OVA. I don't care who animates it, nor do I care about VA's. As long as they aren't too bad, it's fine.
    Last edited by pacman000; 21st November 2012 at 12:51 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

The number episodes I'd shoot for is 50 or 60 tops in regards to DPA since there's more that can be done with the characters. It'd be for the sake of creativity.

I would create my own original story and characters personally.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Seeing Madoka so far, I agree.
    I was thinking less Madoka and more Zetsubou-sensei, but you get the idea.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    I'm interested in Pokemon Zensho. The manga has some problems (according to reviewers), but if it was animated they could fix any problems without offending anyone. I don't see it as an entire series; maybe a movie or OVA. I don't care who animates it, nor do I care about VA's. As long as they aren't too bad, it's fine.
    The problem was that it was as boring as all get out.

Trigun! Wait...what?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code: