Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emboar Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Don't you mean choice scarf? This item has less then a 20% chance to active, so it's far, far too unreliable.
    I know the difference about Choice Scarf and Quick Claw.

Yes, I meant Quick Claw. Though being 20%, it's better than nothing!

the fire/fighting is just old now. it was good for combusken, and although i dont think they should have made another fire/fighter straight away, infernape was good, but emboar is just a let down especially as its the third one in a row. besides, charizard could beast them all
    On Hiatus

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Yes, I meant Quick Claw. Though being 20%, it's better than nothing!
    It is, but if you aren't going to use a pokemon you can depend on to do it's job, I see no point in using it. It's the same as attract; Yes, it can be annoying in some situations, but since two pokemon of the same species can have different genders, you won't be using it to handle any specific threats, so where is the point? In a situation where you have to handle something faster reliably, you may as well be using a speedy pokemon with a 20% accuracy move.

Choice Scarf is a much better item if you're aiming for speed.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I think that he can make the trek up to RU. But I feel he will become UU or maybe even OU when reckless releases.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by broomstig View Post
    the fire/fighting is just old now. it was good for combusken, and although i dont think they should have made another fire/fighter straight away, infernape was good, but emboar is just a let down especially as its the third one in a row. besides, charizard could beast them all
    Infernape can 1Hit KO Charizard with Stone Edge & Thunderpunch.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I think that he can make the trek up to RU. But I feel he will become UU or maybe even OU when reckless releases.
    Emboar is now RU (at least in smogon) btw. I hope that reckless will be released because a choice band, reckless boosted flare blitz can KO a lot of pokemon. It also gets wild charge and head smash so it can abuse it quite nicely. Emboar's bulk isn't THAT horrible. As long as you don't leave it in against aggron's head smash or tornadus's hurricane, it usually won't get KOed.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

hey there. i have a question. everyone talks about using Flare Blitz with Emboar but what about Heat Crash? go easy on me guys im an amature when it comes to competetive battling

Heat Crash isn't good on Emboar. Many powerhouses are heavy.

Has anyone ever used Emboar in a Trick Room team in UU?

Quote Originally Posted by dangochao View Post
    hey there. i have a question. everyone talks about using Flare Blitz with Emboar but what about Heat Crash? go easy on me guys im an amature when it comes to competetive battling
    it is okay, but it isn't heavy enough to get much damage out of it. many other pokemon are heavier and therefore take a small amount of damage. flare blitz is just better.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

In my eyes, Emboar are the most terrible starter ever introduced.

First, why bring a third Fire/Fighting starter, when it doesn't bring something usable? It is completely outclassed by Blaziken and Infernape both offensively and defensively. It sure has a big attack stat, but it can't make use of it with its pathetic defenses and speed.

Base 65 def, 65 s.def and 65 speed is a terrible combination, and makes it vulnerable to almost any attack, while it can't hit back either.

A third Fire/Fighting starter could not have been so bad, if Emboar just had something more original, but it is a huge flop.
    I would just wish that Emboar were pure Fire type, like Serperior and Samurott. It would fit much better. They could also had taken a defensive attempt on it, so it could differentiate from Blaziken and Infernape, which are pure offensive Pokemon.
    But instead, Emboar turned out to be the worst starter Pokemon ever in my opinion.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

i think dunsparce still kicks his but.. although emboar has speed stat thats good .. **** stats if you know any pokemon is great if you a good trainer boy.. you know

Choice Scarf Reckless Emboar with Flare Blitz/ Superpower/ Wild Charge/ Head Smash is a scary threat to face if used correctly.

Emboar also has the highest HP and Atk of all the Starters, so it's not as bad as people think it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12