Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Cameron thought registered was a pokemon. I really LOL'ed at that
    He should see a School.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Because of something he does later that really rustles everybody's jimmies.

I like him and his team. He has proven himself to be a pretty funny character and a decent trainer.
    I'll be honest what he does later really did rustle my jimmies and made him dislike him even more but I actually didn't like him as a character from the start.
    Bianca is a ditz but its very apparent that she still has her priorities lined up (takes care of her pokemon first and foremost and does small things for friends that might seem a bit abrupt or odd or more troublesome that useful but in the end shows that she cares).
    Cameron is such a klutz and scatterbrain I can see him making critical errors and hurting not only himself but his pokemon as well.
    He also has a TERRIBLE habit of sending out pokemon with a x4 weakness to the pokemon of the other side. Its like he doesn't care about some of his pokemon and that bothers me more about his character than anything else.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Also, because everyone knows Bianca from the start, almost no one can hate her (except when she unnecessarily throws people into fountains).

Hmm... The friends/rivals meet, The stadium setup, the torch lighting, the Ash can't sleep scene... Yep! It's all here! At least the writers were smart enough to throw one curveball by having Ash face Trip right off the bat.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Hmm... The friends/rivals meet, The stadium setup, the torch lighting, the Ash can't sleep scene... Yep! It's all here! At least the writers were smart enough to throw one curveball by having Ash face Trip right off the bat.
    I agree its just unfortunate that by facing off so early both are forced to only use one pokemon.
    I feel like the writers/animators didn't want to deal with working on a 6v6 battle between the two guys.

I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    I agree its just unfortunate that by facing off so early both are forced to only use one pokemon.
    I feel like the writers/animators didn't want to deal with working on a 6v6 battle between the two guys.
    Ugh it's killing me to not say something... but it's a spoiler
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Ugh it's killing me to not say something... but it's a spoiler
    Ash never gets to face 6v6 against Trip in the league so while I know what you are talking about I was actually talking about trip and trip alone :P

Mediocre start to the Unova League, of course the idiot savant manages to get in despite actually missing the deadline cause he's friends with Ash, and of course Ash faces of against Trip in the first round cause we set it up back when Dawn was with the group, and of course Ash is going to win because he lost against Trip last time and of course Ash needs to advance.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Mediocre start to the Unova League, of course the idiot savant manages to get in despite actually missing the deadline cause he's friends with Ash, and of course Ash faces of against Trip in the first round cause we set it up back when Dawn was with the group, and of course Ash is going to win because he lost against Trip last time and of course Ash needs to advance.
    While I agree with your sentiment... how is Cameron a savant? Hes more or less a straight up idiot who gets lucky occasionally :X
    Savant would require the person to be particularly brilliant in a field.

IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN ANY FAITH IN THE LEAGUE THEN DO NOT OPEN. thanks AcC

Spoiler:
    Last edited by LizardonX; 13th March 2013 at 6:54 PM.

pokemonsquared, that spoiler tag needs a preemptive warning because it's pretty heavy.

Edit: CRISIS AVERTED
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 13th March 2013 at 7:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN ANY FAITH IN THE LEAGUE THEN DO NOT OPEN. thanks AcC

Spoiler:
    NOOOO don't spoil it. Even with a spoiler tag people will open it D:<
    Don't worry I'm already updated to the latest episode but seriously.....

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    NOOOO don't spoil it. Even with a spoiler tag people will open it D:<
    Don't worry I'm already updated to the latest episode but seriously.....
    There's a warning, thet's enough to stop someone from opening it unless the person who reads the post is stupid or something.

As for the episode it was boring.

I'm still a little surprised with Ash vs Trip being a 1 on 1 preliminary round battle, instead of a 6 on 6 full battle after Trip really improved in the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup.

Anyway, I like seeing Trip acting really nice to Ash before battling each other instead of after.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Hahahaha, Cameron's such an idiot. At least they would get the inevitable rival battle out of the way early between this episode and the next, especially when I've never liked Trip. I'd rather have Bianca and Stephan around for the whole tournament anyway, they're more fun to watch. And I like Stephan's reaction when they finally said his name right, and Ash claimed that's how they've pronounced it all along. Yeah, sure.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

A rival battle right off the bat. Here I thought BW couldn't get any worse. xD Well Trip, Virgil and Cameron were my highlights for this episode. Stephan and Bianca just don't impress me in any way. Hopefully there is one last tournament where the rivals that need it get redemption.

A bit disappointed Trip and Ash got paired up right away. When it is in an higher round it builds more suspense.

I know it's not the same voice actor, but for some reason Cameron sounds a lot like Natsu from Fairy Tail
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

This was a rather medicore start of the Unova League. Ash (and the others) finally arrives at Vertress City for the Unova league and they meet up with his rivals. Bianca, like always came out of nowhere and crashed into Ash, who goes into the water fountain. Stephan show up as well, Ash and the others finally got his name right. Virgil and Trip shows up too, then they registered in the Unova League. This episode was going good so far, until Cameron appeared. Man, he was freaking stupid. Cameron has been in the Vetress City and he hasn't even registered yet ? He thought 'registered' is a Pokémon? Give me a break! If it wasn't for Ash, Cameron wouldv'e lost his chance of competing in the Unova League.
    At night, Ash was thinking about on his adventures and I liked the flashback of the Gym Leaders. Iris does the right thing.....tells him to sleep, because He wouldn't do well in tomorrow's match if he is too tired for not getting sleep.

It's the qualifying round and Ash faces Trip in a 1 on 1 match!
    It would've been better if Ash and trip battled in a 6 on 6 match, but I think the writers understood that Ash and Trip's rivalry was bad...very bad throughout BW.....maybe that's why they made Ash and Trip's match so early in the Unova League.
    The battle began and the episode ended with Trip's Serperior getting the upper hand in the battle.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456