Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

Ugh, the Meleotta ending, she's gone, time for new relevant ending. Yes I know, not relating to the episode, and it hasn't been around that long, but still.

I agree, I'm wonder what will turn the tide of the battle for Ash and Pikachu.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

First Round match-up list,

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

Ferrorthorn is random not Belle.
    What?

Could you clarify what this means?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What?

Could you clarify what this means?
    Elektross sorry.

It belongs to the trainer Kotetsu is battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

That Lance lookalike is in it.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

I was so moved when Satoshi told Pika that the first battle in the league will go to him! Gosh if only Satoshi can win the league!!!!! and damn next eppi preview is awesome! minus the obligatory Virgil scene ofc -__- they are really trying hard to shove Virgil down our throats, aren't they?

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

is that color thingy mean group
    so Ash , sthepan and trip in green group
    belle in yellow group
    Virgil in blur group
    and kotetsu in red group
    so this mean kotetsu vs bianca not in same round as ash vs stephan

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I'm happy that the rival battle scenes are a little more detailed.
    Me to, pleasantly surprised.. I was horridly expecting something along the lines of the second round of the Junior Cup.. Even Kotetsu is having his own moments in these battles.. I laughed! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They basicly want to show that whoever they are battling they are battling strong opponents because its the league.
    Doesn't matter, the pokemon show that by themselves:
    - Eelektross: Owned by the likes of the Subway Masters.
    - Crustle: Owned by Cilan, which was proven to be godly.
    - Braviary: Shown to be quite furious in attacking in its debut, and gameplayers know how strong it is.
    - Watchog: The only one in this list that doesn't immediately spark fear.

However, the fact that Stephan had to scream for Zebstrika to stay in the game had me surprised, I actually expected this to be a 'dodge, dodge, Giga Impact' battle, but it lasted longer then that and I was pleasantly surprised. And apparently, even Vaporeon vs. Crustle spans two episodes as well.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    I was so moved when Satoshi told Pika that the first battle in the league will go to him! Gosh if only Satoshi can win the league!!!!! and damn next eppi preview is awesome! minus the obligatory Virgil scene ofc -__- they are really trying hard to shove Virgil down our throats, aren't they?
    To be fair, he's had less feature frames in the magazines lately.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Me to, pleasantly surprised.. I was horridly expecting something along the lines of the second round of the Junior Cup.. Even Kotetsu is having his own moments in these battles.. I laughed! :P

Doesn't matter, the pokemon show that by themselves:
    - Eelektross: Owned by the likes of the Subway Masters.
    - Crustle: Owned by Cilan, which was proven to be godly.
    - Braviary: Shown to be quite furious in attacking in its debut, and gameplayers know how strong it is.
    - Watchog: The only one in this list that doesn't immediately spark fear.

However, the fact that Stephan had to scream for Zebstrika to stay in the game had me surprised, I actually expected this to be a 'dodge, dodge, Giga Impact' battle, but it lasted longer then that and I was pleasantly surprised. And apparently, even Vaporeon vs. Crustle spans two episodes as well.. :P

To be fair, he's had less feature frames in the magazines lately.
    Thanks god! but it could also mean that till the end of the year Kotetsu and Kenyan get the cake and once the new year hits...bang Virgil all over the place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    Thanks god! but it could also mean that till the end of the year Kotetsu and Kenyan get the cake and once the new year hits...bang Virgil all over the place!!!
    Yeah, pretty fearful of this as well.. Oh well, by that time we know whether Ash wins the league, a league rivals appear, or not.. So it wouldn't matter anymore..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I liked the flashbacks. I wishes Trip hung out with Ash and the rivals. Looks like Ash, Kotetsu, Bianca and Virgil's battles all span into the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yeah, pretty fearful of this as well.. Oh well, by that time we know whether Ash wins the league, a league rivals appear, or not.. So it wouldn't matter anymore..
    I realllllly hope that an other rival appears!!! Please god! I do not want Virgil to beat Satoshi!!!

Great episode, but now I'm excited to see the next, for few seconds I was thinking that Ash's going to lose, but I remember his fight agaisnt Georgia with Pawniard, so I'm okay now !
    Why Trip didn't send out another Pokémon, god ? 8@
    Oh and a little bit sad that the Eelektross isn't Bianca's.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I liked the flashbacks. I wishes Trip hung out with Ash and the rivals. Looks like Ash, Kotetsu, Bianca and Virgil's battles all span into the next episode.
    I was hoping he would too, oh well, he's still not a jerk anymore from the looks of it, so that's nice at least. Plus the other rivals had interactions with each other so yay for that, hoping for more though.

Stephan's running gag is done now? I read on bulbapedia that the characters start getting his name right in this episode. I was hoping for Kotetsu to just get the name right of all people while everyone else still gets it wrong but oh well.

It's nice that the rival battles are more focused on, although I hope that doesn't get in the way of Ash's battle with whatever "COTD" he's facing. Are all these battles going on at once too since it seems like a few of the rival aren't finished yet.

Did they show anyone's badges other then Ash and Kotetsu?

I like the look of the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Yes, and based off this cliffhanger, it's already looking tough for Ash. I like to see how the rest of this battle will go.
    We already know lol.

Finally! After a 2 years wait the Unova League begins!!! I cannot be anymore excited

*I love how excited is Ash, he'll always be my favorite character.
    *The interactions were amazing, Bianca's tumbled down Ash on a fountain, love her silliness, Kotetsu is typical dumb Kotetsu, Stephan is fiery, Trip changed its attitude, Virgil arrived in style. haha Virgil and Trip don't hang out with Ash & co.
    *The gym flashbacks were so cool, a retrospective of Unova quest. the night scene reminds me of Indigo League :')
    *The rival battles / preliminary rounds were well done, all of the rivals had their moments. of course we're left with a cliffhanger..

One of the greatest episodes ever, well it's the start of the event of the year. 10/10
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 22nd November 2012 at 7:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    is that color thingy mean group
    so Ash , sthepan and trip in green group
    belle in yellow group
    Virgil in blur group
    and kotetsu in red group
    From what i understood, the colour coding is done to tell at which Grounds the battles are going to happen (there are a total of 5 grounds).

Ash, Trip and Stephan are battling on the Green Field
    Bianca is battling on the Yellow Field
    Virgil is battling on the Blue Field
    Kotetsu is battling on the Red Field
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 22nd November 2012 at 6:03 PM.

I never expect Ash faces his main Unova rival Trip in the very first round of the League. To be honest, I was expecting that Ash faces Trip in the later round, but then the writes have change that. Ash and Pikachu got to win this duel. They just had to.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

The Stephan name gag is over? HALLELUJAH!!!

Anyway this episode was a decent opener for the event. Next week should be better though.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 22nd November 2012 at 10:46 PM.

I really like this episode and I'm glad that the rivals get more detailed fights then the other league so far

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The Stephan name gag is over? HALLELUJAH!!!
    I thought I was gonna have to kill myself during the Clubsplosion. Words cannot describe how happy I am right now.

Hold on.

I only saw Pictures. And I haven't seen them all yet, but I'm pretty sure it's confirmed.

Ash rotates a Pokémon, and we don't see that Pokémon or know what it is, And ASH uses Pikachu in the first match.

Does anyone see how wrong that is?

That doesn't make any sense, but sure, I guess Juniper had to show up, to tell us how Ash get his Pokémon because he has more than six.....yeah okay sure because that's necessary.

I mean if we actually saw the Pokémon I wouldn't mind so much but we don't see it. I'm annoyed.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Finally! After a 2 years wait the Unova League begins!!! I cannot be anymore excited

*I love how excited is Ash, he'll always be my favorite character.
    *The interactions were amazing, Bianca's tumbled down Ash on a fountain, love her silliness, Kotetsu is typical dumb Kotetsu, Stephan is fiery, Trip changed its attitude, Virgil arrived in style. haha Virgil and Trip don't hang out with Ash & co.
    *The gym flashbacks were so cool, a retrospective of Unova quest. the night scene reminds me of Indigo League :')
    *The rival battles / preliminary rounds were well done, all of the rivals had their moments. of course we're left with a cliffhanger..

One of the greatest episodes ever, well it's the start of the event of the year. 10/10
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Are you serious?
    Of course he's serious. it's not Sinnoh.

Bwuhahaha. Sorry I had to. I had to.

Anyway I forgot to mention, but the pics make this episode look good. But fancy animation, isn't going to change how dislike how things.....ooh pretty colors, it's rainbow *claws at it*....is not going change how I dislike what's going on!!!

Where can I see this episode. give me a link or Pm

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast