Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

I didn't mind Cameron's dub voice much in his debut episodes, but I really found him grating here. Stephan was alright, but the dialogue between the rest of the rivals was kind of awkward, and I think you definitely missed the chemistry with Burgundy and Georgia.

On the plus side, I thought Jamie McGonnigal was really solid here, and made Trip's transition transition from cocky to amicable believable.
    Last edited by RVD_fan; 10th March 2013 at 1:03 AM. Reason: Wrong VA
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    I didn't mind Cameron's dub voice much in his debut episodes, but I really found him grating here. Stephan was alright, but the dialogue between the rest of the rivals was kind of awkward, and I think you definitely missed the chemistry with Burgundy and Georgia.

On the plus side, I thought Jason Griffith was really solid here, and made Trip's transition transition from cocky to amicable believable.
    But Jason doesn't voice Trip. Jamie does.

I didn't mind Cameron's dub voice much in his debut episodes, but I really found him grating here.
    So I wasn't the only one! Yes, it did feel like an adult was struggling to voice him right.

Cameron being a freaking idiot, Trip actually getting better...sam old same old....the best part would probably be the fact that they actually kept the background music form the Japanese episode!!
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    But Jason doesn't voice Trip. Jamie does.
    Whoops, my bad.

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Whoops, my bad.
    I know everyone likes Cilan too much, but this is ridiculous.

I just can't get over how stupid Cameron is shouldn't have even been able to join the league, plus would have liked it if Ash vs Trip wasn't right off the bat like this.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Angel View Post
    I just can't get over how stupid Cameron is shouldn't have even been able to join the league,
    That brings up a good question. Would the other 63 trainers participate just fine with the lucky trainer not getting to fight in the preliminary?

In fact, I wonder what happens to anybody else who didn't make it to the league. They probably need to wait a long time, or they need to redo their challenge all over again...

I was really surprised they didn't pipe their own music during the really quiet background scenes..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Wow Cameron's is indeed irritating in this episode.

Ok call me crazy but I swear I saw pictures of Seripsiror binding Pika to the point of him choking Pika at the part where it says to be continued. Was that to extreme for the USA and edited? Or was it another scene?
    I don't believe there was a scene of such in the original version as well. It may have come from the next episode, which will be next week.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That brings up a good question. Would the other 63 trainers participate just fine with the lucky trainer not getting to fight in the preliminary?
    Actually there's 128 trainers. But yeah, that doesn't really make any sense. I thought the 'preliminary rounds' of previous tournaments were to get to an even number, but here there's a clean 128 anyway.

It bugs me in general that they have one-on-one battles in these tournaments. You spend months trying to collect eight badges in order to get to the league, you send in a fire type and they send in a water type, too bad, you're gone.

Fine episode. Really, though, Cameron was stupid. Thinking that just showing up automatically gets you registered. What a fail. Cameron shouldn't have entered after the closure. If it closes, it closes. There shouldn't be any exceptions. It's not fair to other trainers who couldn't register.

It's nice to see the gang back together, though.

Honestly... how stupid can one be?
    I really don't like Cameron as a character. If you don't make it to registration and screw up its entirely your fault. Just being a scatterbrain is one thing, being outright dumb is a complete other. There are definitely other ways to develop a humorous character.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Oh man, this episode was awesome! Finally here, at the Unova League!

I like the episode, it has a good start and a nice setup. I got to say, I really like the league's design, actually. Its also good to see all of Ash's rivals again; Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Cameron and Virgil! Haha, they finally say Stephan's name right! Funny, Cameron forgot to register, while camping out for 3 days. :P

Huh? Ash is already up against Trip, in a 1 on 1 preliminary round! Ooh, I like seeing Trip acting really nice towards Ash. Oh well, at least the battle looks good so far but too bad Pikachu isn't able to land any attacks on Serperior... It looks like a great, yet scary battle! Its also nice to see the rivals battle's too! :O

Oh wow, I really enjoyed this episode! An awesome, yet suspenseful way to start off the Unova League! I'm so pumped up for the next episode!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

So why is it people hate Cam? due to him being an idiot? I mean Bianca is an idiot in the anime but people don't hate her.

Perhaps because Bianca isn't as scatterbrained, but she's more ditsy. Not sure if those are any different. At least she has the knowledge of knowing about the whole League process.

But i think Cameron's hate mostly comes from the breaks he's getting. Which makes it like an unfair thing towards others.

I don't hate his stupidity, unless it directly affects another character. I'm afraid we'll see something like this for how Cameron is a loose cannon.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So why is it people hate Cam? due to him being an idiot? I mean Bianca is an idiot in the anime but people don't hate her.
    I could say, but that would be a massive spoiler to talk to here.

Bottom line: Cameron isn't very liked as a rival. I miss the likes of Conway.

Because of something he does later that really rustles everybody's jimmies.

I like him and his team. He has proven himself to be a pretty funny character and a decent trainer.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Huh? Ash is already up against Trip, in a 1 on 1 preliminary round! Ooh, I like seeing Trip acting really nice towards Ash. Oh well, at least the battle looks good so far but too bad Pikachu isn't able to land any attacks on Serperior... It looks like a great, yet scary battle! Its also nice to see the rivals battle's too! :O
    Uh... nah, no point in spoiling it -_-
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I don't know if it's because I know what'll happen; but I was incredibly underwhelmed by this episode, despite being a league opener.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I don't know if it's because I know what'll happen; but I was incredibly underwhelmed by this episode, despite being a league opener.
    Spoilers do that for you :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This was a pretty decent episode all around that just makes you look forward to the next one. Hopefully it won't disappoint.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

So we finally arrive at Vertress City for the Unova league and we start up with the meet and greets. Surprise, Surprise its Bianca and no surprise that she crashes into Ash and he goes into the water :P. We continue and Stephan (which we finally get the name right!) and Virgil arrive but there seems to be someone missing, oh well lets go register! After that its time to unpack but we see Cameron (thats whose missing!) who has forgotten to register. Fortunately, Nurse Joy lets the tardiness slide and we seem some interesting badges.

We then whisk to night time and Ash is thinking back on his adventure and I really enjoyed the little montage of the Gym Leaders, they seem so far away.

Finally, the unova league! Well, the qualifying round and Ash faces Trip. Unexpected for me but it makes sense considering their last encounter was 1 on 1 and this time Ash uses Pikachu. I look forward to see how this works out .

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Cameron thought registered was a pokemon. I really LOL'ed at that
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast