Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying Mono-type Team

Quote Originally Posted by Yzpo Z. View Post
    You know what? I hate switching my ideas around on you but, I'm really tired of everyone not understanding how i am going to use my pokemon. All I said was Genesect was banned from most tourneys and people flipped it around and thought I said it was banned from smogon. Thats how this whole thing started. Go ahead and use Smogon standards, I honestly don't care anymore. Ill just tell you yes or no, and reason from now on. I won't include any other tourneys so that way no one gets confused and everyone is happy.

As for togekiss, I never thought togekiss could learn trick, but i don't really think I would risk swapping a scarf to someone on Smogon. I saw someone do that once on Smogon and they got their whole team handed to them 6-0.
    TrickScarf is a viable tactic as long as you're not careless with it. Most bulky walls don't appreciate the Scarf, or Pokemon that are too slow (or fast) to use the Scarf effectively.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    TrickScarf is a viable tactic as long as you're not careless with it. Most bulky walls don't appreciate the Scarf, or Pokemon that are too slow (or fast) to use the Scarf effectively.
    Ill give it a try, replacing encore with trick, especially since it will force a switch on the opponent if guessed correctly.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend code: 4339-3653-0977
    Safari: Ghost - Lampent, Phantump, and Dusclops

I do have dittos for trade!

Pokemon I'm searching for (hidden abilities):
    Filling up on safaris. If your type is not listed, it most likely means i dont need it.

Bug: Paras, Illumise, Masquerain
    Dark: Pawniard, Vullaby, Sandile, Absol, Liepard
    Fighting: Riolu
    Flying: Hawlucha
    Ground: Trapinch, Marowak, Palpitoad
    Psychic: Grumpig, Sigilpyh,
    Poison: Toxicroak, Garbordor
    Steel: Klang, Bronzong

If you're using it on Togekiss you can use Thunder Wave too to really screw with opponents.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

^^^ The reason I'm not recommending traditional flinch-hax Togekiss is because that doesn't play well in Doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzpo Z. View Post
    You know what? I hate switching my ideas around on you but, I'm really tired of everyone not understanding how i am going to use my pokemon.
    It would help if the poster of the topic (IE: you) actually try to be consistent with what you're playing. First you're playing "Wifi rules", then you're playing Random Matchup, then you're playing VGC but give no indication in the OP that your team is built for Doubles or that you even thought about it. I'm sorry I'm not guessing the correct environment you're playing in, but you aren't helping my refusing to identify what you're playing in either.

It doesn't have to be aScarf. You can try swapping a Specs as well. The problem with swapping any item with Trick is you risk benefitting the player. But Specs swapping could hinder a whole lot of those Fighting Pokemon.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 28th November 2012 at 6:19 AM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    ^^^ The reason I'm not recommending traditional flinch-hax Togekiss is because that doesn't play well in Doubles.

It would help if the poster of the topic (IE: you) actually try to be consistent with what you're playing. First you're playing "Wifi rules", then you're playing Random Matchup, then you're playing VGC but give no indication in the OP that your team is built for Doubles or that you even thought about it. I'm sorry I'm not guessing the correct environment you're playing in, but you aren't helping my refusing to identify what you're playing in either.

It doesn't have to be aScarf. You can try swapping a Specs as well. The problem with swapping any item with Trick is you risk benefitting the player. But Specs swapping could hinder a whole lot of those Fighting Pokemon.
    I just want to make a team that works across the board. Not just one specific ruleset. I'm sorry that doesnt appeal to people but that's how i make teams. Whether its single smogon, double vgc, or triple Random wifi. But that doesnt seem to fit in this competitive forum so if you want a specific ruleset then go with smogon since thats the go-to on serebii.

I had switcheroo on manectric for a while with choice specs. I would rather work with a specs or band then a scarf. scarf only insures that i pull off trick before they use a move.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend code: 4339-3653-0977
    Safari: Ghost - Lampent, Phantump, and Dusclops

I do have dittos for trade!

Pokemon I'm searching for (hidden abilities):
    Filling up on safaris. If your type is not listed, it most likely means i dont need it.

Bug: Paras, Illumise, Masquerain
    Dark: Pawniard, Vullaby, Sandile, Absol, Liepard
    Fighting: Riolu
    Flying: Hawlucha
    Ground: Trapinch, Marowak, Palpitoad
    Psychic: Grumpig, Sigilpyh,
    Poison: Toxicroak, Garbordor
    Steel: Klang, Bronzong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12