Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

Personally, I think my pearl game is good, (mostly because you can get dratini) but I prefer Emerald and fire red. Most of my pearl team is pokemon I migrated from fire red and Emerald.

My Dragons:

wha? I thought they were the most well-liked.. O_o

I stopped playing Platinum after I reached the Elite Four. Got bored easily.

IMO 4th gen was pretty awful. Platinum was good but Diamond and Pearl were just so goddamn slow and boring for me.

Hoenn > Unova > Johto > Kanto > Sinnoh

Theres no real super specific reasons why I feel this way, it's just me taking into account how I felt after playing these games and which ones gave me the most enjoyment.
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

I guess this is a little biased cause these where my first game, but I thought they were awesome
    My Platinum Monotype:
    White Team:

Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    Also the people in the game talk to much.
    I love it! The increased dialogue added to the feel of the world and gave us greater insight into the setting and characters.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Just one thing that bugs me the most about Platinum:

You can't check the Starter Pokemon you just picked to see what Nature it has, i.e. how can I tell if Piplup is Modest-natured or not during the first battle with Barry?
    Last edited by Nekagi; 18th February 2013 at 6:22 PM.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Quote Originally Posted by Spatha View Post
    I don't understand the hate. GEN 5 was much worse IMO.
    The two gens that get the most hate were gen 5 and gen3
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

gen 3 gets the most hate overall. Gen 5 didnt get hate, it got perfect scores off most people for doing something new with the series

I think some people disliked it due to the Pokeradar, because it was an easy way to get some shinies. Also, I don't think the new Pokemon were greatly received, although Sinnoh is 2nd favorite region (after Hoenn).
    Too much water guys!

It still got great reviews

I don't understand either.
    However, I don't like the fact that there is almost no fire type pokemon is this generation.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I only played diamond and never chose imfernape so the fire types never bothered me since you can get ponyta.
    I really don't have that many complaints.

the pokemon variety in gen 4 was fine, you could get anything you needed for each stage of the game

It's been years since I've played it. (I'm about to play again soon though.)

I actually really enjoyed it, I never seen any problems. It's hated? I thought the 3rd generation was the hated one.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1378 - 6584 - 6284

Dream World Females:
    Starters:
    Legends:

DP has a weak story. It feels lacking.

Platinum remedies that by driving deeper. Introducing Cyrus early, the distortion world, as well as having Palkia and Dialga involved makes the villainous plot seem complete.

I tend to prefer the third game (IE the directors cut). Crystal (Now HGSS), Emerald and Platinum...It's a more complete story and usually has more to do
    New Sig Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    I only played diamond and never chose imfernape so the fire types never bothered me since you can get ponyta.
    I really don't have that many complaints.
    Having only one option for Fire types before you beat the game is not acceptable. What if you didn't like Ponyta? Then what option do you have?

I'm playing Pearl right now, and while I do find the graphics fantastic and the whole Sinnoh area interesting to explore, I feel as though there is lack of a decent variety of Pokemon (from that region). There is hardly any fire types for example, so I had to pick a Ponyta. Don't get me wrong, I do love the Pokemon from the Kanto era, but, the game itself should be promoting new and different Pokemon, not throwing in the older ones (the majority of my team are Pokemon from older regions).

I'm a big fan of Pokemon Red, first of all because, lets face it, it was the first time we got to experience Pokemon that way, but secondly because that region was unique and had its own Pokemon and adventures etc.

Plus the storyline gets boring and I find myself wanting to play Pokemon FireRed or Sapphire.

I actually get why people hate D/P/PT. Diamond and Pearl's lack of fire types and slow battle stuff as well as slow surfing would turn people off to the game. The fire Pokemon thing never bothered me, because I can easily go a region without a fire type, but the slowness is what hurt Diamond and Pearl. Thankfully Platinum, my fave game, fixed all that. But even with it's faults I found Diamond and Pearl enjoyable and Platinum became my all time favorite game, and I'm one of those guys who grew up playing Pokemon Red version on the GB. Even with all it's faults I certainly enjoyed them more then Gen 3. I could never get into Hoenn, no matter how hard I tried. It's why I don't care for a remake of RSE or not.

But yeah, I fully understand why Gen 4 gets hate for the slowness and lack of fire types. Neither bother me. I still think Team Galactic are the best. Yes, even over Team Plasma and N. What can I say? I'm a Gen 4 guy.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I was unaware there was actually hate towards them. Granted when I got them I wasn't the most active in online communities, but I never really heard anything about people thinking they would be stupid games or anything.
    The edit button is always your friend.
    Hipsters, I tell ya.
    If I don't know who you are, don't be offended, but I can't keep up with all of these username changes.
    My Biggest Pet Peeve On Here: vming me and your profile is private! Pretty impossible to vm back, just so you are aware.

For Arceus' sake people YOU CANNOT USE LACK OF VARIETY TYPES AS AN EXCUSE FOR HATING PLATINUM. Having 4 or 5 Pokemon for each type is a respectable average, you have plenty of options for each type (except Dragon, but that's a rare type anyway). I can respect if you have other reasons for hating Platinum, but lack of variety is not a valid one.

I was very disappointed with the lack of variety in Diamond and Pearl, aswell as the sheer slowness of the battles [I shouldn't have to wait 5 seconds for Intimidate to activate], thankfully Platinum fixed both these issues along with adding many other improvements to the game, making me appreciate Gen 4 more.

I just don't care for Sinnoh, Platinum was definitely better then Diamond/Pearl because it fixed the slow battles. I still enjoyed playing D/P/Pt it's just not my favorite in the series another reason is the lack of fire types I was very disappointed about that. Everyone has a least favorite region and for me Sinnoh is that region.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I wouldn't say that I hate D/P/Pt but I have to say that they are quite boring to me for 2 reasons:

1) I think I've played through these more than any other generation, probably dozens of times.
    2) The battle scenes are the slowest things in the world.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

People hate D/P/Pt because they can't stand the slower battle animations. Personally, they never bothered me. Platinum is one of my favorite Pokemon games by far, and Diamond and Pearl aren't too far behind.
    And really, why do people hate the whole fire-type thing so much? Just start with freaking Chimchar if you want a fire-type! Or get a bug-type to take out the grass-types! It's not that difficult to find alternatives, you guys...

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Yep, Gen IV was my favorite. It wasn't so much the plot or battles as the region itself. Sinnoh is just an amazing region, with the Underground, the Chateau, and all the concealed caves.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast