Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

Gen 4 was and IS my favorite generation especially D/P/Pt. People focus two much on the negatives like 'it had hardly any fire types' and 'it just gave old pokemon new evolutions'. While this may be true it is completely shadowed by the positives. It gave us the gts, poketch,pokeradar! Theres so much more too. People always pick out the flaws in things and give themselves a chance to enjoy it.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

The one thing i have against these games are that they feel slow
    The bike seems so wobbly and slow moving (even in the fast gear) compared to SS or BW
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I finished Platinum a while ago but the thing is I just don't have any interest in playing it again. I don't know why exactly but the whole map design just feels.... boring.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I actually tried dusting off and replaying platinum for a few dex entries, but I just couldn't get into it.

FR, SS, BW, BW2 I have no problem replaying, but something with Plt and Em just...it's too difficult to get into.

I think it's in part to how theres a lack of interesting pokemon to get along the way.

I think some people disliked DP because, for example; Battling is so slow and feels like forever to wait that HP bar go down. That is one thing I really disliked about those games too. But that doesn't mean I don't like them. Also 4th generation has a lot of crappy Pokemon designs, that maybe be my opinion but I feel like quite many other players agree with this one too...

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

i agree D/P were are slow but they r still fun and to hate on them isnt right. they may be slw but all pokemon ames seem slow to me

They were great games. I bought the game but had to borrow a Ds from my friend to just play Diamond. It was slow on the Battling styles. And the walking/Running/Biking but its a pokemon game. I loved it and still do no matter what ^-^

I thought that Diamond and Platinum (I don't have Pearl) were very good. Everyone that I know liked those games, in person I mean.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I like Pearl and Platinum. I thought they were great games, there were some interesting new designs, and Team Galactic seem the most villainous out of all of the teams I've faced. Admittedly, they were a tad slow, but that doesn't make them bad games.

A friend of mine claims he dislikes the games because of one thing: Bidoof. How you can dislike a Pokémon game based on a single Pokémon, I don't know.
    HeartGold FC: 3998 5135 4552

Click HERE to be taken to my Gen IV Trade Shop! You get better deals if you're a member of Age Of Shoguns!

I don't see many people hating on DPPt. Not sure where you came to that conclusion. I also likes those games as well, especially Platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    I don't see many people hating on DPPt. Not sure where you came to that conclusion. I also likes those games as well, especially Platinum.
    Basically everything I was about to say.

The DP saga (both anime and games) was probably my all time favourite. I don't know why people hate on these games.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

The one fault they had I saw...."Saving a lot of data"

Because of that, I always second-guessed myself whether or not I absolutely needed to go into the PC.

My one critique. Glad they fixed that for HGSS
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

I like Platinum far better than White, but there's still something about it that as soon as I stop playing the game for a week or so, I'll get stuck in a rut and just start again. I've restarted it today, mainly because my SS game has gone walkabouts somewhere in my house so I'm hoping it fills the void until I find SS again.

Actually I think it might be that you spend a lot of time with Team Galactic and Cyrus between badges seven and eight, especially with Platinum and the added Distortion World. They could've spaced it out a bit more, or not made it so overwhelming.
    Last edited by Cloud_Arcanine; 1st April 2013 at 6:28 PM.

Because Generation IV is far too good for them, they're jealous that they'll never be as good. Just kidding..

Well, the only logical explanation is because they've gone 'insane in the brain.' I've got nothing else, it doesn't make sense.
    << Move your eyes in this direction to experience cuteness beyond comprehension. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any complaints or concerns, please report them to my psychiatrist.

I personally loved the games. Although the continent seemed large and jumbled together, there was a distinct path. Plus, being the first games with the Physical/Special split was pretty significant. These games were so much faster moving than Black and White per say.

I like Platinum more than DP though because of the added Pokemon within the game and also getting some pokemon (like Gible!) sooner. I don't know about y'all, but Garchomp definitely carried my team in Platinum. I personally like going through a game once, and then going through the game again but have more options for your team. BW2 for example was a much better experience for me personally than BW. It was a nice surprise seeing all new pokemon in zones.
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

I'm not sure where you got that assumption. I loved those games and I know only very few people that didn't like them at all. Anyways, I guess (some) people don't like it's because it's different from other games, or they're complicated or it might be because of the storyline. Not sure really...
    - Nate the

I quite liked this gen, of course it had problems many of which were taken care of in Platinum but overall it was a good gen. I quite liked the introduction of new evolutions for previous pokemon although my only problem with them is that they are only available through trading (I hate gamefreaks for creating trading evolution). The storyline was quite spectacular given that the legends this time around had god like qualities about them. Also the introduction of Arceus just took the cake their is nothing more epic in this gen than that.
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

Platinum was my pokemon game. It was what introduced me to it. I never thought, "man this is a stupid game." I loved that game. It was what got me started. It lead me to hg and white. It made me get the 2nd gen games from my neighbor. It made me look through ksl and ebay and amazon looking for the right games. To me they are (and always will be) the best pokemon games ever.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

I do know that Generation 3 and 4 are the most hated. Now, whether that is because they are succeeding Gen 1+2, I don't know. But, I loved Generation 4. Most of the problems with it were fixed in Platinum which I enjoy more than any other game in the series with the exception of HGSS. I love the region, the characters, the Pokemon, everything just kicks major ***, and since I know people will hate me for this... I think of it as better than Gen 5. Yes, I think Gen 5 had a bland region, bland characters, boring Gym Leaders, and terrible and samey Pokemon ideas, and the music just made me cringe. To this day Platinum has my favourite soundtrack out of every Pokemon game ever.
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

DP wasn't that great. There weren't enough good pokemon to train. Platinum, however, is my favorite game yet. With houndoom, and all the new evos, it was amazing!
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

I enjoyed the games a lot, especially Platinum. I just love the shape of the region in general, and how you travel all over the place just to get to each city and town. The physical/ special split was huge too, and it took me a few months to figure out why the description of the move in Fire Red did not show what type of move it was. XD
    Got my copy of X!

The one thing I personally hate is just how slow it is! Even the GBA games were faster! I do like the game itself however, no complaints there. Distribution has never bothered me in any Pokemon game.

I pretty much finished the whole national dex in it at one point, but now after I stopped playing it, whenever I go back to D/P/Pt the speed REALLY kills my fun

Although I do like the GBA games better, I can't see how anybody would dislike platinum. D&P however have their issues. One of the biggest issues(for me, at least) is the fact that it's so slow. There also is the incompleteness of the storyline, which is shown in almost every paired game version. Still, the sinnoh region is one of may favorites in the pokemon world.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

I loved Diamond.
    Though I haven't played since 2007, for some reasons; is it as slow as SoulSilver?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast