Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 176 to 198 of 198

Thread: Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing a House with Mr.Saturn
    Posts
    16

    Default

    It's my favorite Gen. I don't get why people think it's so slow. It's just as fast as the other games IMO.



    Join TheBlindXatu Forums!


    http://theblindxatu.forumotion.com/


    My Teams:
    Sinnoh:
    Sinnoh (2):
    Sinnoh (3):
    Kanto:
    Hoenn:
    Hoenn (2):
    Hoenn (3):
    Johto:
    Johto (2):

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    73

    Default

    D/P/Pt and Sinnoh will always be kind of sentimental to me, since it was when I started playing Pokemon. I guess it was disliked(or at least underrated) because a lot of people complained that the Pokemon designs were too complex and/or there were too many evolutions of previous Pokemon.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennKyogre View Post
    D/P/Pt and Sinnoh will always be kind of sentimental to me, since it was when I started playing Pokemon. I guess it was disliked(or at least underrated) because a lot of people complained that the Pokemon designs were too complex and/or there were too many evolutions of previous Pokemon.
    I felt like those evolutions were really needed, especially Weavile and Mismagius. Weavile has a fantastic move pool imo and even though it's a pain to evolve from Sneasal, it's 100% worth it.

    What I love about the evolved forms of the gen. 1 pokemon is that some people like to transport their pokemon from previous games into the newer games. It makes that magmar, jynx, or electabuzz you've had since the red, blue and green days that much cooler to have.
    Pearl Team:
    Gold Team:
    Yellow Team:
    Blue Team:

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In a Forsaken world.
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theartbook35 View Post
    I felt like those evolutions were really needed, especially Weavile and Mismagius. Weavile has a fantastic move pool imo and even though it's a pain to evolve from Sneasal, it's 100% worth it.

    What I love about the evolved forms of the gen. 1 pokemon is that some people like to transport their pokemon from previous games into the newer games. It makes that magmar, jynx, or electabuzz you've had since the red, blue and green days that much cooler to have.
    Funnily enough, if they've had it since RBG, they wouldn't have it on their DPPt. You can't trade Gen I-II to Gen III+. And that,s not necessarily true, just because they're new doesn't mean that everyone prefers them.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    here...there....somewhere...
    Posts
    287

    Default

    i bought diamond and pearl together, they were my very first pokemon games, and i like them alot
    i've never heard anyone say they dont like it(mainly because i dont know anyone who plays pokemon outside of here)
    its not my favorite generation but i like it alot

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    Funnily enough, if they've had it since RBG, they wouldn't have it on their DPPt. You can't trade Gen I-II to Gen III+. And that,s not necessarily true, just because they're new doesn't mean that everyone prefers them.
    If I had been correct, that argument would've been awesome.

    Wait, I can save it! FireRed and LeafGreen! HA! Now I feel better!
    Pearl Team:
    Gold Team:
    Yellow Team:
    Blue Team:

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    657

    Default

    I have absolutely no idea how can majority of people hate gen 4 so much. Ok, i might be a little biased since it's my favourite generation, but I don't understand all those arguments about how the fourth generation designs suck. It has the best designs imo (with very little exceptions) and platinum will always be one of my most favourite games.
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.


    “You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    Most of those people who dislike D/P/P probably never tried it

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutiepuffle View Post
    It's my favorite Gen. I don't get why people think it's so slow. It's just as fast as the other games IMO.
    I played Diamond, and got HeartGold, and it definitely seemed notably faster than Diamond.

    I think Diamond was executed well, the storyline was good, and I think it made the fewest mistakes of any game. However, it just felt lacking somewhat... I didn't really think there was anything that special or memorable about it unlike the other games... It was still brilliant though!

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kalos Pokémon League
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I don't understand it, either... but the battles' paces were a bit slow. I loved D/P with its awesome villains, (Madman Cyrus!) and new Pokemon, (Gained quite a few favorites in there!) especially for its creepy-pasta Old Chateau. I think pace was the only reason I play it less so... and the saving times duration got on my nerves, too.
    Imagination, Pokemon, can make something anew and alive.

    Pokemon White FC : 0175 7962 6735
    Pokemon Black FC : 0218 7461 7848
    3DS Friend Code: 0259 1240 6982

    My shinies:

    One (+) -Shots

    I sometimes use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In a Forsaken world.
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theartbook35 View Post
    If I had been correct, that argument would've been awesome.

    Wait, I can save it! FireRed and LeafGreen! HA! Now I feel better!
    Possibly, but not necessarily.

    And no, you're wrong. Your argument was 'since Gen I', and FrLg are Gen III.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I think we all know the real reason was the reduction in the frame rate.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

    My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

    NNID: garretslarrity

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garretslarrity View Post
    I think we all know the real reason was the reduction in the frame rate.
    Which was heightened again in Platinum.

    Besides, had it retained the same framerate it would be subject to much more glitches and tweaks and the such, due to some Sinnoh areas already pushing the limits of the DS.

    Any further and it would almost be as buggy as RB.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Which was heightened again in Platinum.
    I have never heard this before. Do you have any sources I could see?

    Besides, had it retained the same framerate it would be subject to much more glitches and tweaks and the such, due to some Sinnoh areas already pushing the limits of the DS.

    Any further and it would almost be as buggy as RB.
    You're not wrong, I'm just saying this is part of why the games are viewed as slow. Perhaps battle animations could still have been quicker.

    P.S. On a side note, does anyone if the frame rates changed in the fifth generation?
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

    My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

    NNID: garretslarrity

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Orre...
    Posts
    699

    Default

    I must be clueless because I had no idea so many people hated them. They were pretty good in my opinion...


    Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fortree city
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I was not too big on D/P but Platinum fixed most of the problems. I must admit it was my least favorite gen.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I'm one of the ones who counts Gen 4 as my least favorite when it comes to main games, but I don't hate it. It actually had a LOT of new Pokemon that I really liked (way more than compared to Gen 3) but I found the actual game itself boring, for some reason. Team Galactic was super boring, I disliked the legendaries, the only gym leader I liked was Volkner (although I liked the E4), and overall there was just something about the actual storyline that wasn't as compelling as I wanted. IMO, of course, I know lots of people love it. I do wish I'd played Platinum but I took a break for a few years and by the time I was playing again, the choice was between HGSS (based on games that I had LOVED) or Platinum, and I picked HGSS.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Kaka Village
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Gen IV is my 3rd favourite gen of games but people probably hate gen IV because there's too many HM's and the story is kind of "eh" (but who plays a pokemon game for story).

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    the world, dahhhhhhling!
    Posts
    30

    Default

    The story wasn't very cohesive and sometimes it was just boring. The movement was rather slow and some routes stretched endlessly. Pokémon weren't very well created/distributed either (two fire types? one of which is a starter?)

    Also surf speed is ac rime against humanity. I liked it better than Gen V at least but I feel like with all of the new shiny stuff V introduced, IV just looked bad in comparison.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garretslarrity View Post
    I have never heard this before. Do you have any sources I could see?

    I thought this was common knowledge, as I hear it everywhere, but I don't remember any addresses other than a question in the old Pokémon Website, in the mailbox.

    You're not wrong, I'm just saying this is part of why the games are viewed as slow. Perhaps battle animations could still have been quicker.

    P.S. On a side note, does anyone if the frame rates changed in the fifth generation?
    I'm not sure, but I think the same framerate was used in BW, at least.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    I'm surprised by how much hate Gen 4 gets on this site and others like it. I mean I remember lurking back when D/P were released and almost everyone had positive things to say about the games. And I recall Platinum version being treated like the Messiah of Pokemon games for a while, so I don't really get why Gen 4 is viewed so negatively these days. Maybe people just "moved on" once Gen 5 came along? We can only speculate. :x

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    387

    Default

    I don't really know why. D/P/PT were some epic games, the Sinnoh region was awesome and the Pokemon were awesome as well. The plot was epic, and the characters were nice. For me it was a great generation of games.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    Possibly, but not necessarily.

    And no, you're wrong. Your argument was 'since Gen I', and FrLg are Gen III.
    Sense of humor, please.

    FireRed and LeafGreen, are revamps of the older Gen. 1 games. They are set in Kanto, and have the same storyline from Gen. 1. They also start with bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle. Gen. 3 Pokemon are available in FR and LG, but these games technically are not Gen. 3, that was Ruby and Sapphire.
    Pearl Team:
    Gold Team:
    Yellow Team:
    Blue Team:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •