Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

Quote Originally Posted by appelpower View Post
    Calm down. Give some more reasons for starters. Don't use profanity. Don't use caps. I understand some of your reasons, but you've exaggerated a lot.

Again, reasons. The music was epic (Cynthia's music, Barry's music <3), but that's subjective. But I agree with some of these...
    yeah same. the music is epic.
    I love every Pokemon!

The fandom's fickle and a up until a few years back most of the hate was directed towards the third gen. I'm not entirely sure when it altered, but I'd probably suppose that midway through the sixth gen the general hate will change again and possibly be aimed at the fifth.

In general though I actually preferred the fourth to the third generation, or at least DPPt to RSE. Imo both the Pokemon and character designs were a lot better and I much preferred the music. I never really understood why introducing so many cross-gen evolutions was a bad thing though. I mean, the fandom generally regards the second generation as one of the best, if not the best, generations.

I disliked the game for several reasons (only played Diamond).

1. Slooooooooooooooow. God the game was slow (control-wise).

2. Poor use of the region. When I saw Snowpoint/the mountains, I was really looking forward to seeing a plethora of new ice pokemon. Snover was cool, but we couldn't even get Snorunt/Froslass or Sneasel/Weavile in the original D/P. Also, there was no real city/area which really inspired me.

3. Uninspiring pokedex. Just three fire pokemon (of the same line) plus the abomination that is Magmortar.

4. Very few new pokes in the grand scheme. Many taken up by exceedingly uninspiring evos.

5. Post e4 wasn't great (though this is the case in almost every game tbf).

the only things i have to criticise about Diamond, is that, yeah, the controls were slow, yeah, the multiple evos of old pokemon took up alot of pokedex, but that the story was kinda all over, and it was very easy to not know where to go next.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I never really understood why introducing so many cross-gen evolutions was a bad thing though. I mean, the fandom generally regards the second generation as one of the best, if not the best, generations.
    Johto only introduced seventeen, Sinnoh had the unholy amount of twenty-eight. I love new evolutions and all, but I think that the dex can feel a little... clogged up if there's too many (especially considering that there were just over 100 new Pokemon in D/P).

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    ... but we couldn't even get Snorunt/Froslass or Sneasel/Weavile in the original D/P.

3. Uninspiring pokedex. Just three fire pokemon (of the same line) plus the abomination that is Magmortar.
    This was my main problem with D/P. There was a real imbalance in the types available to you, which was especially hindered by the God-awful decision to leave eighteen or so of the new Pokemon post-game. I never understood why they did that.

Platinum rectified these problems, at least.

e:
    Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    but that the story was kinda all over, and it was very easy to not know where to go next.
    I found that to be one of DP's pros. It was better than being funneled through a tube like in BW.

yeah, but if u don't play for a while, and don't remember what u were doing, being funneled through a tube may help
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

i only liked diamond, nothing else would do
    Gotta love Honey Senpai

The fourth generation (only referring to the non-remakes here) introduced a large, expansive region, but the new Pokemon kind of fell flat. Sure, there's tons of amazing Pokemon (Lucario, Weavile, Garchomp, Darkrai, etc), but most Pokemon that aren't related to a previously existing family (like with Magmotar and Electrivier) didn't really stand out as much as they should have.

Also, too many legendary Pokemon were introduced. Game Freak really only should introduce legendary Pokemon in small amounts.

A lot of people just plain hate anything after generation 1. I don't like those people. Generation 4 will always be my favorite ^.^

Maggie

Buddy

Eliott

Mr. G

Donnie

Drifline

Genny

-ZIVA

Elitist genwunners I'm afraid. Platinum is my favorite game in the series.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I personally didn't get the 4th generation games myself but I played through them. I say I skipped over them hahah but they were alright. Definitely the generation I gave the least attention to though. Besides Cynthia. That's a given.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

I don't understand all the negativity that's directed toward the games, either. They're actually my favorites...
    SO, I HERD U LIEK MAGIKARP?

Sorry for the hiatus. I'll try to be back and active as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

My thoughts on the failings of D/P/Pt... Played Diamond and Platinum and while Platinum does a decent job of filling in some blank spots I think the overall problem comes down to the world of Sinnoh feeling rather flat. Dull. Wasn't a whole lot going on in it. Not bad but hardly as exciting as the advents of previous generations.
    Given that they were followed by HG/SS and I think that's why there's perceived "hate". Because the D/P/Pt games just don't measure up in terms of features, in-game events, Pokemon availability, post-Elite Four playability, technical innovation, even visually...

I don't hate them. I think they are very good games. Despite not being my favourite of the series, they are the games that got me into the series again. I like most aspects of the games, the only thing I don't is the designs of Pokemon, which I think are lacking in comparison to the previous games.

Having said that, I must disagree with the title - the games don't get very much hate at all, in fact, the generation got Pokemon extremely popular again.

They were dull. The Pokemon were mostly evolutions to old ones and the storyline was pretty dull for those games.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Some people think, to many legendaries in it. Bad pokemon designs. Boring and so on. But if anything the pokemon are awesome, Sinnoh is my favorite gen, isn't boring,awesome evil people,great champion,and awesome. I have no idea why people hate it.

I liked Platinum the best. It was like a combination of all three games. But most people hate it because of the graphics and slowness.

To my knowledge, it's because of either the storyline or the Pokemon designs. Or some combination of both. Neither has ever bothered me- as a matter of fact, several of my favourite Pokemon are from Gen IV. And I was absolutely thrilled when I played through Platinum the first time (and the Distortion World continues to get me to this day...).

Personally, I can't see it, but hey. People have different opinions.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

I don't hate it but at the same time it wasn't "amazing".
    -2 major things i didn't like-
    1ş Needs more fire types.
    2ş After making a team and fighting all the trainers and pokemon i find the league was overleveled compared to me.
    My pokemon were lvl 40-45 and the league were around 55-60 kinda unfair in my opinion but not super hard or impossible.
    “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
    ― J.K. Rowling

Idk about other people but I loved Platinum and Pearl. They were great innovative games and the Pokemon still looked like Pokemon unlike the newer ones lol so I don't understand why these games get so much hate

Some people would hate these games due to the geography of Sinnoh. There weren't many water routes;you had to constantly go through Mt. Coronet. I guess the transition from the Hoenn to Sinnoh wasn't prepared enough for some players. Coming with a somewhat forgettable storyline too, in my opinion, wasn't as great as some past generations.

Also, the colors were just... somewhat dull. I'm glad they "fixed" this in HG/SS though, because there were routes in Diamond that I honestly couldn't tell the difference from another route.

However, post-D/P/Pt was pretty awesome. Cresselia was roaming, Giratina was ready to be caught, Battle Zone was explorable, and the Pokeradar was available. I tend to spend more time on this game.. just for the ability to get shiny pokemon quicker. The route to hatch eggs on was longer for MMing and there was a Pokeradar, unlike HG/SS.
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Because "ALL DA POKEMANS AFTUR GEN 1 SUCK IT ISNT POKEMANG ANYMOAR!!11!".
    Yup.All the people thinking it's not "classic" pokemon. Well they can have fun with a creepy ice lady who copies human sounds, a pokeball, AND AN UPSIDE DOWN POKEBALL, a pile of poop and a bigger pile of poop.

Genwunners. That's why. I really can't stand genwunners

I enjoyed Platinum too as some people have mentioned. It sort of reminds me of Pokemon Emerald on the Game Boy. The Battle Frontier was challenging and I think even more challenging on the Emerald but they were about the same.
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TrEnToMoN View Post
    Genwunners. That's why. I really can't stand genwunners
    It can't all be genwunners. I think there's more genthree-ers as it were anyway.

However, that's not important. I realize how slow the battle system was in diamond and as a result I was very happy with Platinum's changes
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast