Thread: Is this a bootleg?

Default Is this a bootleg?

Hey, sorry if this is not allowed/I'm on the wrong board. Anyway, I have a copy of FireRed that I bought a few months ago off of Amazon, and I've just now considered the possibility that it may be a bootleg. The physical cartridge doesn't show any signs of it. However, there are two strange things: first, every single time that I turn it on, I get a message telling me that "the previous save file will be loaded." Secondly, after I save, something odd happens to the audio. It seems like certain pitches of sound or something get very low (e.g. the beeps in the menus get nearly inaudible). Has anyone had an experience similar to this?

I don't think so, you can usually tell it's a bootleg by it's cartridge, and you said it looked perfectly normal.

Thanks, although it could just be an unusually good bootleg.

Legitimate games don't mention anything about your save file at startup. Not a good sign on its own, but even less so combined with you having bought it from Amazon - which you didn't, you bought it from Amazon's user-supported marketplace, which is no more a guarantee of legitimate merchandise than buying something from eBay.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It's a Fake.

I've seen a Emearld with a green case almost the game as the Legitmate ones.

Amazon acts a the middle man in this case.. and doesn't check the stock. It's most certainly a fake game. Finding a legitmate game is near impossible.

Shutting now, as it will turn in to a Spammy +1 thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)