Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy

I would be more than happy to join my comrades once again on the field of battle. I'ma tweak my team today and I'll send it to you, if you wish.

PS I actually think I still need to be tested :P

Quote Originally Posted by homestarhydon View Post
    I would be more than happy to join my comrades once again on the field of battle. I'ma tweak my team today and I'll send it to you, if you wish.

PS I actually think I still need to be tested :P
    there is no more test battles for rank it goes on how many Legacy League badges you have. So message me your team when you want for i could add you to the War Lineup
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Rhy PM me so I can refresh your battling skills \O/

Hey guys, can I join? I just started building my first competitive team like three days ago, and I would feel better if I had a group of more experienced players to teach me and back me up, maybe? If that's alright with all of you, of course. Here's my registration chart:

Name: Claw, QClaw, QC... Whatever you want to call me is ok.
    Rate yourself as a battler : 2/10
    Why do you want to join this clan? : To have a group of experienced players to help me master competitive battles, and also test my improvement with them.
    Would you make any improvements? : Yes, I would like to finish my first team and learn more complex strategies.
    Favored position: Maybe an artist? I'm not much of a signature maker with all those fancy effects and colors, I'm more of a drawer myself. I like tribal redraws and that kind of stuff. My signature is made by me.
    How do you wish to rank up? : By mastering competitive battling step by step.
    Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person? : No, I found it myself.
    Legacy League badge Count: 0

Oh no he's a Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionClaw View Post
    Hey guys, can I join? I just started building my first competitive team like three days ago, and I would feel better if I had a group of more experienced players to teach me and back me up, maybe? If that's alright with all of you, of course. Here's my registration chart:

Name: Claw, QClaw, QC... Whatever you want to call me is ok.
    Rate yourself as a battler : 2/10
    Why do you want to join this clan? : To have a group of experienced players to help me master competitive battles, and also test my improvement with them.
    Would you make any improvements? : Yes, I would like to finish my first team and learn more complex strategies.
    Favored position: Maybe an artist? I'm not much of a signature maker with all those fancy effects and colors, I'm more of a drawer myself. I like tribal redraws and that kind of stuff. My signature is made by me.
    How do you wish to rank up? : By mastering competitive battling step by step.
    Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person? : No, I found it myself.
    Welcome to Legacy Claw! please feel free to PM me with any questions if you need help with your team.
    http://xat.com/SerebiiLegacy you can stop by our chat also, and particapate in Legacy League when you are ready.
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Welcome claw (: btw. I like your sig :3

How good is Landorus-T? I may replace Genesect with it even though they probably play completely different.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Quote Originally Posted by neo darkrai View Post
    How good is Landorus-T? I may replace Genesect with it even though they probably play completely different.
    It's really powerful especally on Physical Side and i believe it has Rock Polish or Agilty which makes it a great sweeper
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Quote Originally Posted by ger9119 View Post
    Welcome to Legacy Claw! please feel free to PM me with any questions if you need help with your team.
    http://xat.com/SerebiiLegacy you can stop by our chat also, and particapate in Legacy League when you are ready.
    Thank you!

Guys, I already have three slots of my first team filled. I will post it:

Scizor

Item: White Herb
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Defense.
    Moveset:
    Baton Pass
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Agility

Scizor's function in the team is resist hits so he can boost Braviary's Speed twice with Agility. If he's faster than the opponent and hasn't been hit too hard, he also boosts once with Swords Dance, to finally Baton Pass the boosts to Braviary. Bullet Punch is there because I didn't want to leave him without means of making some damage if needed. Thanks to Technician and the STAB, it makes decent damage. His White Herb prevents the boosts from being canceled.
    He's trained to resist as much as possible in battle, and thanks to his awesome typing his only fear is fire.

Braviary

Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP.
    Moveset:
    Return
    Superpower
    Shadow Claw
    Brave Bird

Braviary is specifically designed for 1HKO'ing practically anything that isn't a wall. His moveset covers most types with SE hits, and those that aren't covered get an agressive amount of neutral damage. The Choice Band in combination with the boosts Scizor passed him assure maximum damage, and thanks to his decent Speed stat he can outrun most Pokémon that aren't particullary fast.
    Return is his main attack backed up by the STAB, with Superpower as a desperate measure if he needs to break a Steel, Rock or Ice type. Brave Bird also gets a STAB and deals a humungous amount of damage that only very defensive Electric, Rock and Steel Pokémon have a chance of surviving. Shadow Claw is there in case of Ghost or Psychic types.

Claydol
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 Defense, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Defense.
    Moveset:
    Light Screen
    Reflect
    Rapid Spin
    Earth Power/Stealth Rock

Claydol is a Spinner that is powerful in both defenses. Thanks to this he can last many turns without getting in real trouble. Other than that, he can use Light Screen and Reflect to back up Braviary's weak defenses (as well as making a possible Offensive Tank out of a Sweeper, still to be defined)
    His Earth Power is there for the same reason Scizor has Bullet Punch. I still can't decide if I should change it for Stealth Rock, so advice is appreciated.

So this is my team so far. I still need a powerful Sweeper and a Wall. The last slot is still free, so I would be very grateful if you guys suggested something.

Oh no he's a Homestuck.

That's pretty unique compared to what I usually see competitively. Right now I see a weakness to Ice with Claydol and Braviary. Your team is looking nice. I would like to see the final product when you're done.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Thank you!

Guys, I already have three slots of my first team filled. I will post it:

Scizor

Item: White Herb
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Defense.
    Moveset:
    Baton Pass
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Agility

Scizor's function in the team is resist hits so he can boost Braviary's Speed twice with Agility. If he's faster than the opponent and hasn't been hit too hard, he also boosts once with Swords Dance, to finally Baton Pass the boosts to Braviary. Bullet Punch is there because I didn't want to leave him without means of making some damage if needed. Thanks to Technician and the STAB, it makes decent damage. His White Herb prevents the boosts from being canceled.
    He's trained to resist as much as possible in battle, and thanks to his awesome typing his only fear is fire.

Braviary

Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP.
    Moveset:
    Return
    Superpower
    Shadow Claw
    Brave Bird

Braviary is specifically designed for 1HKO'ing practically anything that isn't a wall. His moveset covers most types with SE hits, and those that aren't covered get an agressive amount of neutral damage. The Choice Band in combination with the boosts Scizor passed him assure maximum damage, and thanks to his decent Speed stat he can outrun most Pokémon that aren't particullary fast.
    Return is his main attack backed up by the STAB, with Superpower as a desperate measure if he needs to break a Steel, Rock or Ice type. Brave Bird also gets a STAB and deals a humungous amount of damage that only very defensive Electric, Rock and Steel Pokémon have a chance of surviving. Shadow Claw is there in case of Ghost or Psychic types.

Claydol
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 Defense, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Defense.
    Moveset:
    Light Screen
    Reflect
    Rapid Spin
    Earth Power/Stealth Rock

Claydol is a Spinner that is powerful in both defenses. Thanks to this he can last many turns without getting in real trouble. Other than that, he can use Light Screen and Reflect to back up Braviary's weak defenses (as well as making a possible Offensive Tank out of a Sweeper, still to be defined)
    His Earth Power is there for the same reason Scizor has Bullet Punch. I still can't decide if I should change it for Stealth Rock, so advice is appreciated.

So this is my team so far. I still need a powerful Sweeper and a Wall. The last slot is still free, so I would be very grateful if you guys suggested something.
    Your off to a great start Claw! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Name: Anbu
    Rate yourself as a battler : 4/10
    Why do you want to join this clan? : Cause you guys seem pretty chill and I like that in a group of people.
    Would you make any improvements? : I only just got here idk any improvements.
    Favored position: I have lots of free time. I could always do EV training.
    How do you wish to rank up? : Battling I guess.
    Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person? : I referred myself.
    3ds Friend Code: 4828-5538-3067
    Currently using: Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire
    Currently Breeding:

Quote Originally Posted by xAnbu View Post
    Name: Anbu
    Rate yourself as a battler : 4/10
    Why do you want to join this clan? : Cause you guys seem pretty chill and I like that in a group of people.
    Would you make any improvements? : I only just got here idk any improvements.
    Favored position: I have lots of free time. I could always do EV training.
    How do you wish to rank up? : Battling I guess.
    Did anybody refer you to this clan? If so who is this person? : I referred myself.
    Awesome! Welcome to Legacy
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Hi everyone I'm your new resident Time Lord Brony! Yes I am apart of the Doctor Who and My Little Pony fanbase as well as being a semi Cinephiliac. Currently working on a Rain team and uh.... yeah. Hope to get to know you all <3
    3ds Friend Code: 4828-5538-3067
    Currently using: Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire
    Currently Breeding:

Welcome to Legacy, Anbu!

Guys, do you have any recommendations for the free slots in my team?

Oh no he's a Homestuck.

Welcome to Legacy, Anbu!

Guys, do you have any recommendations for the free slots in my team?
    Maybe some kind of Heatran he covers your ice weakness and Fire weakness to Scizor.
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Heatran? Sounds interesting, how could I turn it into a decent Wall?

Oh no he's a Homestuck.

wow... so many new members... it was a good idea to start anew.

Claw that scizor looks scary to have on a team, reason? well It's gonna be hard to set up with him and you're basically relying on his stat boosts for braviary to attack... I'd suggest a better baton passer, Like Ninjask.... Ninjask has speed boost which gives it a +1 speed stat boost per turn... Add Swords Dance and Substitute and you have a decent physical baton passer...A good poke to pass it's boosted stats is a Salamence with Moxie... So you dont really need to use swords dance much, just use substitute and maybe if you have the chance use swords dance at least once ... after 2 or 3 turns use baton pass and give it's stat boosts to Salamence and start Sweeping with Outrage/Dragon Claw/Earthquake ...

So yeah I'd have on my team

Ninjask
    Salamence
    Starmie (for coverage)
    Claydol (to set up the screens and as a spinner and to set up rocks)
    Celebi (Nasty Plot + Giga Drain and more than average speed = Epic... can beat most threats thanks to it's speed)
    etc...
    Last edited by PoKe_aRcHeR2010; 14th December 2012 at 6:25 AM.

hey trying to choose What Heatran i wanna use for PO. Help:
    TormenTran
    Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    calm
    ~ Torment
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Protect
    ~ Lava Plume
    244 HP / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
    This is the notorious Torment Heatran set that once upon a time made players rip their hair, gouge out their eyeballs, and jump out of a window as soon as they encountered it. The idea behind the set is that very few Pokemon carry more than one attack that can severely hurt Heatran, and by using Torment on them, said Pokemon must either switch out or stay in and engage in a long, brutal stall war. Pokemon who wield a Choice item are especially affected by Torment, for they must Struggle every other turn if they choose to stay in. Substitute and Protect allows Heatran to both scout and shield itself from moves that can harm it. Lava Plume is chosen so that Heatran can slowly chip away the opponent's health.
    or
    Weather Trapper
    Air Balloon / Chople Berry / Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    Timid
    ~ Magma Storm
    ~ Sunny Day
    ~ SolarBeam
    ~ Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    When used in conjunction with Sunny Day, Heatran can take advantage of its signature move, Magma Storm, to help sun teams win the weather war. The premise of the set is that when Heatran can predict a slower opposing weather inducer switching in, it can hit them with Magma Storm. From there, Heatran can Sunny Day before the opponent can attack. Politoed's STAB moves will no longer hit for super effective damage, and Tyranitar will no longer receive a Special Defense boost from its sand. This sets up Heatran to use a chargeless SolarBeam, either OHKOing or 2HKOing the opponent before Heatran can be 2HKOed in response. In this event, Ninetales can be brought in after Sunny Day wears off, guaranteeing permanent sunlight so long as the opponent does not have an alternative source of weather. It is important to note, though, that Heatran will not always win agaisnt an opposing weather inducer. Outside of a Magma Storm miss, Choice Scarf Politoed can outspeed and OHKO Heatran before it can use Sunny Day. Choice Scarf Tyranitar will similarly outspeed Heatran and 2HKO with Superpower or Stone Edge, or flat-out OHKO with Earthquake. However, these two variants are easy enough to deal with using specialized team support. Be wary of Shed Shell users as well. Fortunately, this set functions as a powerful special attacker even outside of its trapper role, allowing it to serve multiple uses and rarely become a liability. It can also trap Pokemon that operate independently of weather should sun be up, such as Jellicent and Starmie. It should be noted that while this Heatran is put to best use on sun teams, it can also be used to good effect on teams utilizing other weather or no weather at all, in order to combat certain weathers.

The first three moves are of course all staples, but the last moveslot is dependant on team support. Earth Power is the default move, because without it it is impossible to harm opposing Heatran. This set functions by forcing switches to opposing Pokemon that resist its powerful Fire-type STAB, so if the opponent has a Pokemon that can switch into this set with absolute impunity, then it largely ceases to function. Because of this, Earth Power is absolutely necessary, with one exception: a partnered Dugtrio. Dugtrio's unparalleled ability to easily dispose of opposing Heatran is an incredible asset for this set; it not only frees up the fourth moveslot as Earth Power is no longer a strict necessity, but it also effortlessly disposes Choice Scarf Tyanitar, one of the Pokemon that can give this set trouble. Just be wary of Air Balloon Heatran or the rare Choice Scarf Heatran, as the two of them must be carefully played around. Hidden Power Ice allows Heatran to become a trapper of Dragon-types as well. Adamant Dragonite, for example, will always have its Multiscale broken if it switches into Magma Storm, and is then outsped and easily OHKOed with Hidden Power Ice. Should sun be up, Latios can also fall victim to Heatran, being 2HKOed by either a double Magma Storm or a Magma Storm followed up by a Hidden Power Ice, while Surf fails to OHKO Heatran. Hidden Power Ice also gives Heatran a reliable way to hit Gliscor, Tornadus-T, and Breloom without relying on the shaky accuracy of Magma Storm.
    Last edited by destroyer39; 14th December 2012 at 9:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer39 View Post
    hey trying to choose What Heatran i wanna use for PO. Help:
    TormenTran
    Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    calm
    ~ Torment
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Protect
    ~ Lava Plume
    244 HP / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
    This is the notorious Torment Heatran set that once upon a time made players rip their hair, gouge out their eyeballs, and jump out of a window as soon as they encountered it. The idea behind the set is that very few Pokemon carry more than one attack that can severely hurt Heatran, and by using Torment on them, said Pokemon must either switch out or stay in and engage in a long, brutal stall war. Pokemon who wield a Choice item are especially affected by Torment, for they must Struggle every other turn if they choose to stay in. Substitute and Protect allows Heatran to both scout and shield itself from moves that can harm it. Lava Plume is chosen so that Heatran can slowly chip away the opponent's health.
    or
    Weather Trapper
    Air Balloon / Chople Berry / Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    Timid
    ~ Magma Storm
    ~ Sunny Day
    ~ SolarBeam
    ~ Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    When used in conjunction with Sunny Day, Heatran can take advantage of its signature move, Magma Storm, to help sun teams win the weather war. The premise of the set is that when Heatran can predict a slower opposing weather inducer switching in, it can hit them with Magma Storm. From there, Heatran can Sunny Day before the opponent can attack. Politoed's STAB moves will no longer hit for super effective damage, and Tyranitar will no longer receive a Special Defense boost from its sand. This sets up Heatran to use a chargeless SolarBeam, either OHKOing or 2HKOing the opponent before Heatran can be 2HKOed in response. In this event, Ninetales can be brought in after Sunny Day wears off, guaranteeing permanent sunlight so long as the opponent does not have an alternative source of weather. It is important to note, though, that Heatran will not always win agaisnt an opposing weather inducer. Outside of a Magma Storm miss, Choice Scarf Politoed can outspeed and OHKO Heatran before it can use Sunny Day. Choice Scarf Tyranitar will similarly outspeed Heatran and 2HKO with Superpower or Stone Edge, or flat-out OHKO with Earthquake. However, these two variants are easy enough to deal with using specialized team support. Be wary of Shed Shell users as well. Fortunately, this set functions as a powerful special attacker even outside of its trapper role, allowing it to serve multiple uses and rarely become a liability. It can also trap Pokemon that operate independently of weather should sun be up, such as Jellicent and Starmie. It should be noted that while this Heatran is put to best use on sun teams, it can also be used to good effect on teams utilizing other weather or no weather at all, in order to combat certain weathers.

The first three moves are of course all staples, but the last moveslot is dependant on team support. Earth Power is the default move, because without it it is impossible to harm opposing Heatran. This set functions by forcing switches to opposing Pokemon that resist its powerful Fire-type STAB, so if the opponent has a Pokemon that can switch into this set with absolute impunity, then it largely ceases to function. Because of this, Earth Power is absolutely necessary, with one exception: a partnered Dugtrio. Dugtrio's unparalleled ability to easily dispose of opposing Heatran is an incredible asset for this set; it not only frees up the fourth moveslot as Earth Power is no longer a strict necessity, but it also effortlessly disposes Choice Scarf Tyanitar, one of the Pokemon that can give this set trouble. Just be wary of Air Balloon Heatran or the rare Choice Scarf Heatran, as the two of them must be carefully played around. Hidden Power Ice allows Heatran to become a trapper of Dragon-types as well. Adamant Dragonite, for example, will always have its Multiscale broken if it switches into Magma Storm, and is then outsped and easily OHKOed with Hidden Power Ice. Should sun be up, Latios can also fall victim to Heatran, being 2HKOed by either a double Magma Storm or a Magma Storm followed up by a Hidden Power Ice, while Surf fails to OHKO Heatran. Hidden Power Ice also gives Heatran a reliable way to hit Gliscor, Tornadus-T, and Breloom without relying on the shaky accuracy of Magma Storm.
    It depends on what kind of team you are running if you're using a bulky/stall kind of team use torment tran for sure also maybe consider toxic on torment tran. If you are running an offence or some kind of sun team use second option, may i suggest using drought ninetails for you wont need to worry about using sunny day and then you could use both hidden power ice and earth power
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

hey just entered a Battle Factory tourney on PO. wish me luck!

Wait, do you guys use pokemon showdown or do you still use Pokemon Online?

Quote Originally Posted by homestarhydon View Post
    Wait, do you guys use pokemon showdown or do you still use Pokemon Online?
    I only use Pokemon Online because of my browser, alot of people use both. And good luck destoryer!
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

thnx ger, but i lost the 1st battle. i shouldn'tve tried. I always suck at the actual Battle Factory in the video games.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast