Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has become a Dumpster Fire

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has become a Dumpster Fire

    That went about as well as I thought it did. Because biased forums are biased.

    I'm hoping this forum will be unbiased and can actually help me. Then again maybe not.

    I don't care either way so I'm going to try here regardless.

    So... this little show... 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' has been going on for 7 seasons now with an 8th upcoming.

    Back when the show first started... I liked it believe it or not. I really did. But... things have changed. The question is... why have they changed? Well... I'll be getting into that as well. In a way.

    I mean... I liked this show. I'm not even joking. I did. For about 5 seasons.

    Then... things changed.

    There are pretty much 6 main issues I have with the show right now. Each one factoring into my decision to either stay or leave in their own, unique, individual way. I'll go through them one by one.

    The first 3 reasons are basically the same though honestly. The so-called 'redeemed' characters. Those being, of course, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, and Discord.

    But are they redeemed? Truly?

    To me... they aren't. In any way whatsoever.

    1. First let's talk about the obvious ones. First up is Starlight Glimmer. This character was a decent and legitimate villain. De-facto dictatorship. You don't see that all that often. So I applauded it. Until the S5 finale. Her reasoning for what she did was the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard of in my entire life honestly. She did all that because she lost a friend? Wow. Just wow. Go look the freaking friend up. Or... here's an option... make new friends. Then there was the redemption itself. Which I would call the Baron Corbin of redemption's. In other words... it was freaking dumpster fire. Unbelievably rushed, made no sense whatsoever, and just horrible in general. This idiot practically committed a crime. Messing with the time-space continuum is, to me, worse then murder. Yet she was forgiven as if nothing happened and everyone of the characters pretends that it didn't happen and never happened. No. Just no. There should have been a punishment. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. End of freaking story. She committed a crime and deserved a punishment. Don't believe me? Has anyone else gotten away with a dictatorship scot free and forgiven as if it never happened? The answer here should be obvious. Research dictatorships in history if you don't believe me. The common sense answer is NO. DICTATORS AREN'T FORGIVEN AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED.

    Another thing... I'll admit there's one thing that is consistently being proven when it comes to Starlight.

    Which is the fact that she has absolutely no common sense whatsoever. Another thing she had done, which no one has ever been forgiven for and acted as if it never happened, is using mind control. She did that to her so-called 'friends' and got off scot-free as if it didn't happen.

    Has anyone else that has used mind control gotten away with it and treated as if it never happened? Again... the answer is blatantly obvious and common sense.

    Starlight is on a high horse and needs to be taken down several pegs. She's OP and honestly, somewhat of a Mary-Stu if you ask me. I don't care how much the shows claims she studied magic. Twilight studied longer and, therefore, should be more powerful and had freaking Celestia as a teacher and we're just supposed to believe that Starlight self-taught her OP-ness? Yeah I don't think so.

    2. Next... it's the worst of the worst if you ask me. Trixie.

    This character... is just... NO. JUST NO.

    Does this character actually have any redeeming factors? Another question with an obvious answer. Which is NO. NO SHE DOESN'T.

    Trixie is an ego-maniacal, self-absorbed, egotistical, holier-than-thou *****. I'm sorry but she just is. Not only that... she takes every opportunity she has to annoy Twilight. THAT IS NOT A CHARACTER TRAIT. IT'S A CHARACTER FLAW AND A MAJOR ONE AT THAT.

    Has she, or Starlight for that matter, actually done anything to show that they have changed? To me... the haven't. At all. In any way whatsoever. Chrysalis doesn't really count because she captured all of the Mane 6 and Princesses (which I still don't understand how she did that) and apparently the writers choose these un-redeemed assholes instead of the 'Slice of Life' characters which should have been the characters to save them instead if you ask me. But I'll get into the writers later.

    But to finish Trixie off once and for all... she's an egotistical ***** who thinks she deserves everything when all she really deserves is a Superman Punch to the face. She's the Kevin Owens of this show NOT THE ROMAN REIGNS OF THE SHOW SO INCORRECT ON SO MANY LEVELS.

    3. Next let's talk about Discord. There's really nothing for me to say about here though. He's not redeemed either. All this jerk has proven is that he also takes every opportunity he has to annoy the characters whenever he gets the chance. AGAIN NOT A CHARACTER TRAIT A CHARACTER FLAW AND A MAJOR ONE. You know what Discord has proven? That he only cares about Fluttershy and that's it. He clearly could care less about anyone else other than himself. No only that, he should have been turned back to stone when he betrayed everyone when he worked for Tirek. Yet no. Once again, forgiven as if he did nothing wrong and everyone acts like it didn't happen.

    This ******* has lost his chance at redemption honestly. He should have been turned back to stone and really needs to be turned back to stone. But will he? Our wonderful writers at work once again...

    1, 2, & 3 Addendum:

    You know what I think my main problem is?

    That these characters in question (Starlight, Trixie, and Discord) aren't actually struggling with what they've done. I mean... if these characters were actually consistently struggling and/or being haunted with what they've done... then maybe, just maybe I'd be more willing to accept it.

    But they aren't, haven't been, and seemingly never will be. Because this show is acting as if everything they've done never happened. Which may be the worst and most horrendous part of all this.

    I think that's my main issue.

    4. Let's talk about the writers of the show now. They used to be good. But now? NOT ANYMORE. I don't know what happened to them but they seem to have lost use of their brains and their common sense as well.

    As I've been thinking about this... some of the fault most likely lies with the writers/show runners/whatever you want to call them. They seem to be getting talentless hacks who have consistently proven that either a) they're hypocrites (Fame and Misfortune) who attack their own fandom for complaining about complaining yet they continue to shove things down our throats and expect us to just like and accept them b) they didn't actually take the extra mile and do actual research on the show. As in, oh I don't know, watching all the other episodes before they actually started writing them themselves? I mean, even I go the extra mile when I write fanfiction on media and I don't even consider myself a writer. Something else that should have been flat out common sense. I even did this back when I was true fan of this show/series and wrote an insane crossover fanfiction with this and a bunch of other media (anime, video games, other cartoons, etc.) When I wasn't sure about something, I took the time to do research and look it up to make sure I knew what I was doing and what I was talking about.

    Yet these so-called 'writers/show runners/whatever' didn't seem to do that at all and just started writing as if they knew what they were doing when they continue to prove that they don't and are flat out hypocrites. They should have watched all the previous episodes so they had a basic idea of what the show was doing, where it was going, and what to do when they started writing. Yet they didn't, clearly haven't, and seemingly never will. It's too little to late at this point to do that. But still.

    In other words, some of the blame for the direction of this show and why it's beginning to shove things down our throats may actually lie with the current talentless hack writers/show runners/whatever.

    Plus... let's not forget that the current writers have basically confirmed themselves to be nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Don't believe me? Fame and Misfortune would like a word with you, where the writers practically attacked their own freaking fandom that pretty much cause their shows popularity in the first place. Hypocritical much? Yes. Yes it is. Especially when you shove horrible, half thought out redemptions down our throats and just expect us to like them and except them and then expect us to like said so-called 'redeemed' character. LOL. I DON'T THINK SO.

    The writers are at fault for all this BS as well.
    5. Next... let's talk about the brony fandom itself. It was decent at first. Not so much anymore now is it?

    Practically every so-called 'fan' of this show/series on practically every so-called 'fan forum' I've been on has the same BS expectations from me that the talentless hack writers do. Which is, of course, expecting me to like all this BS being shoved down my throat and just accept it and like it as if it's THE GREATEST THING EVER when it clearly ISN'T and seemingly HASN'T for quite a long time now.

    Practically everyone wants me to like Starlight Glimmer and act like she's redeemed. NO.

    Practically everyone wants me to like Trixie and act like she's redeemed. GOD NO.

    Practically everyone wants me to like Discord and act like he's redeemed. YEAH I DON'T THINK SO.

    Yet what happens when I don't and I have this clearly controversial opinion that I have? Everyone nags and *****es at me. Constantly. They act as if my opinion is crap, I have no reason to have it, and I should change it immediately. As if I should 'fall in line' with everyone else?

    Guess what that is? Here it is again everyone!! De-facto dictatorship.

    Your not supposed to be the 'same' as everyone else. Your supposed to be unique. Yourself. Different. Out of line. Not 'fall in line'

    Apparently the brony fandom didn't get this memo. Must have been lost. Or ignored. I'm guessing ignored. I refuse to 'fall in line'. End of story.

    6. Now let's talk about the rumors of Chrysalis getting a redemption in Season 8. NO. JUST NO. I'm not even going to list the reasons why. There are just too many and it would make this even longer. What is the reason for this? Because I fail to see one. At all. In any way whatsoever.

    Notice a pattern yet? Let me spell it out for you.

    I'm sick of the redemption's. Especially when they are half-thought out, half-assed, horrible dumpster fires like the ones I already mentioned have been. I'm fairly sure this one would be no different. I just can't take the redemption's anymore. I really can't. If Chrysalis is redeemed I don't think I'll even care how it's done. I'LL QUIT. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. END OF STORY. Because there is absolutely no reason to do this in any way whatsoever. This is my main concern with staying. I don't want to take the risk of having to go through yet another half-thought out, half-assed dumpster fire so-called 'redemption.'

    You want to know how to do a redemption? FINE.

    Go watch Season 2 of The Lion Guard. You see what they are doing with Makuu? Even though I don't fully consider him redeemed (at least not yet) THAT'S HOW YOU DO A REDEMPTION not the half-thought out, half-assed horrible dumbster fires the talentless hack hypocritical so-called 'writers' are doing.

    To summarize... These are my main problems with this show.

    TL;DR:

    Starlight is a idiot with absolutely no common sense whatsoever that has clearly learned nothing.

    Trixie is an egotistical, ego-maniacal, holier-than-though ***** who has clearly learned nothing.
    Discord is a jerk who has clearly learned nothing.

    The so-called 'redeemed' characters aren't struggling with what they have done at all.

    The writers are hypocritical talentless hacks.

    The brony fandom is expecting me to 'fall in line' and accept and like all this BS being shoved down my throat and has becoming incredibly toxic.

    Chrysalis DOES NOT, SHOULD NOT, and CAN NOT be redeemed in any way whatsoever.

    I'm hoping for some unbiased opinions and help here in helping me decide what to do because I honestly can't take this anymore.

    In other words... this show has become a Dumpster Fire.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    I disagree. I don’t see the show as a dumpster fire. Yes not every villain can or should be reformed but by reforming it shows that there is hope for everyone who has done bad things in life and they deserve a second chance.

    Discord may be reformed but he is on the chaotic good side. He still loves causing chaos but realizes when things go a bit too far. Discord is a prankster but he has his moments where he is rather helpful. He has also been shown to be easily persuaded to do evil bidding if spoken to in a certain way. Tirek Knew how to exploit Discord’s love for chaos and promised him false rewards. Starlight Glimmer reforming was sort of necessary since she had a misguided view on friendship after her best friend from her childhood got his Cutie Mark and was sent away to Princess Celestia’s school far away from her. These things happen in real life and Starlight strayed from the side of being perfectly good. Starlight wasn’t really evil and the whole changing the past incident and the disastrous consequences was not completely her fault since she had no idea that changing one small yet important event could change the future entirely. She just wanted to be happy and didn’t notice how trying to tell other Ponies how to be happy was ironically making them miserable. Trixie is hard to justify for reforming.

    And then the Changlings reforming was a good thing for them as an entire species because Queen Chrysalis was using them as disposable servants and she shunned those who disobeyed or left her with contempt. They had no true individuality to them other than being soldiers. Thorax even mentions how the Changelings were always hungry during Chrysalis’s rule and by sharing love rather than draining it, they wouldn’t be so hungry all the time. Reforming helped the entire species survive in a much more efficient and less hostile way.

    However I can not agree with the Equestria specials Movie Magic and Mirror Magic with how everyone in the episodes treated Juniper Montage. Literally everyone mistreated her with the Mane Six plus Sunset Shimmer And Juniper’s Uncle treating her like some servant and blaming everything that went wrong on set on her. Yes she caused a few of the mishaps but the volcano set collapse was never explained and everyone immediately blamed Juniper. It wasn’t even mentioned during Twilight’s monologue on how Juniper was the one who was causing all the trouble. And then the main girls acted like Juniper was a horrible person when you had Sunset who turned into a raging demon and destroyed most of the school and endangered lives during her rampage and Twilight who ripped a open a huge dimensional hole and almost killed an entire universe in the process standing there and not defending Juniper’s actions. All Juniper really did was halt production on a movie by hiding props and eating candy bars. Nothing illegal and the volcano collapsing as I said before was never even attributed to her and could have been the result of stray magic in the world which was proven to happen on occasion.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Discord may be reformed but he is on the chaotic good side. He still loves causing chaos but realizes when things go a bit too far. Discord is a prankster but he has his moments where he is rather helpful. He has also been shown to be easily persuaded to do evil bidding if spoken to in a certain way. Tirek Knew how to exploit Discord’s love for chaos and promised him false rewards. Starlight Glimmer reforming was sort of necessary since she had a misguided view on friendship after her best friend from her childhood got his Cutie Mark and was sent away to Princess Celestia’s school far away from her. These things happen in real life and Starlight strayed from the side of being perfectly good. Starlight wasn’t really evil and the whole changing the past incident and the disastrous consequences was not completely her fault since she had no idea that changing one small yet important event could change the future entirely. She just wanted to be happy and didn’t notice how trying to tell other Ponies how to be happy was ironically making them miserable. Trixie is hard to justify for reforming.
    To be honest I probably shouldn't have included Discord. I can't argue when it comes to him. The fact of the matter though is that he's only proven that he only cares about Fluttershy and takes every opportunity to be a jerkass to every other character. That's harassment. Regardless, I can't bring myself to like Discord. I just can't. He's too much of an *******.

    Of course what Starlight did was evil and you practically ignored my point. She was a de-facto dictator, had a horrible excuse and horrible motivation and practically cheated. She broke the time-space continuum and that's akin to murder. No other characters in other media have been forgiven for committing atrocities against time. This show should be no different. That's like using a CodeBreaker or GameShark to play a video game and beating it. It's taking the easy way out and pretty much cheating. Even though I've done this myself I've pretty much stopped doing this (mostly because CodeBreaker and GameShark are non-existent now) and have started beating video games legitimately. I've even beaten a few 'secret bosses' legitimately and that's an accomplishment in and amongst itself. And no it doesn't happen in real life. Real people would move on with their lives and make other friends. It's a thing called common sense.

    And then the Changlings reforming was a good thing for them as an entire species because Queen Chrysalis was using them as disposable servants and she shunned those who disobeyed or left her with contempt. They had no true individuality to them other than being soldiers. Thorax even mentions how the Changelings were always hungry during Chrysalis’s rule and by sharing love rather than draining it, they wouldn’t be so hungry all the time. Reforming helped the entire species survive in a much more efficient and less hostile way.
    I think you misread what I stated. I said I didn't want Chrysalis herself being redeemed because it makes NO SENSE IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR IT. There are a lot of rumors that Chrysalis is going to be redeemed in S8 and I REFUSE to have ANYTHING to do with that no matter WHAT the so-called 'excuse' is.

    However I can not agree with the Equestria specials Movie Magic and Mirror Magic with how everyone in the episodes treated Juniper Montage. Literally everyone mistreated her with the Mane Six plus Sunset Shimmer And Juniper’s Uncle treating her like some servant and blaming everything that went wrong on set on her. Yes she caused a few of the mishaps but the volcano set collapse was never explained and everyone immediately blamed Juniper. It wasn’t even mentioned during Twilight’s monologue on how Juniper was the one who was causing all the trouble. And then the main girls acted like Juniper was a horrible person when you had Sunset who turned into a raging demon and destroyed most of the school and endangered lives during her rampage and Twilight who ripped a open a huge dimensional hole and almost killed an entire universe in the process standing there and not defending Juniper’s actions. All Juniper really did was halt production on a movie by hiding props and eating candy bars. Nothing illegal and the volcano collapsing as I said before was never even attributed to her and could have been the result of stray magic in the world which was proven to happen on occasion.
    I won't be responding to this. I don't watch the EQG **** as it's an even WORSE Dumpster Fire. I haven't watched any of that horrid ****.
    Last edited by The Mega Champion; 2nd December 2017 at 11:25 PM.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,332

    Default

    This is similar to the reason I left the fandom too. The characters just don't develop and it got tiring to watch the same characters overcome the same flaws over and over and over again. I did like some of the overarching plot elements in the series but they're just too few and far between for me to really bother. But yeah, there's no real character development in the series. For a series that emphasizes teaching lessons about friendship the characters themselves don't seem to really take them to heart, they just go back to making the same mistakes again next week and then "learn" a similar lesson all over again. Shame because there's several interesting and multifaceted personalities on the show but they don't really go anywhere with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This is similar to the reason I left the fandom too. The characters just don't develop and it got tiring to watch the same characters overcome the same flaws over and over and over again. I did like some of the overarching plot elements in the series but they're just too few and far between for me to really bother. But yeah, there's no real character development in the series. For a series that emphasizes teaching lessons about friendship the characters themselves don't seem to really take them to heart, they just go back to making the same mistakes again next week and then "learn" a similar lesson all over again. Shame because there's several interesting and multifaceted personalities on the show but they don't really go anywhere with them.
    In other words... there is absolutely no consistency.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
    In other words... there is absolutely no consistency.
    That's not really inconsistency. Inconsistency would be if their actions were OOC, that's not the issue. The problem is that the characterization is stagnant even when it doesn't make sense for it to remain the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's not really inconsistency. Inconsistency would be if their actions were OOC, that's not the issue. The problem is that the characterization is stagnant even when it doesn't make sense for it to remain the same.
    Or they do half-assed half thought so-called 'redemptions' that are horrible atrocities.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  8. #8

    Default

    Honestly I left the fandom over the fandom itself, not because of the show itself.

    If anything's a dumpster fire it's the fandom itself, who harassed women and young girls in the fandom out of it; some of those people harassed were fans of the original gen 1 and up who had been there way longer than the harassing newcomers. MLP is a children's cartoon made just to sell toys in the store, it's always been that way. It's been "deep" (aka more fight scenes and the like, the show's never had that good of writing tbh) before this because Hasbro wanted to cater to dudes who wanted special brownie points for being male and liking the show so that those same dudes would buy all the merch.

    Sorry if this comes across as harsh, this honestly isn't anger towards you but at the **** that MLP reminds me of as of late.

    OT: Vlinny (M), Voltaire (S), FC: 2552-3278-3638

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windwakemeup View Post
    Honestly I left the fandom over the fandom itself, not because of the show itself.

    If anything's a dumpster fire it's the fandom itself, who harassed women and young girls in the fandom out of it; some of those people harassed were fans of the original gen 1 and up who had been there way longer than the harassing newcomers. MLP is a children's cartoon made just to sell toys in the store, it's always been that way. It's been "deep" (aka more fight scenes and the like, the show's never had that good of writing tbh) before this because Hasbro wanted to cater to dudes who wanted special brownie points for being male and liking the show so that those same dudes would buy all the merch.

    Sorry if this comes across as harsh, this honestly isn't anger towards you but at the **** that MLP reminds me of as of late.
    No offense taken.

    I never saw that myself but that really doesn't surprise me. I never tried to insult anyone that liked the older generations. When Equestria Daily did their April Fools of older generation stuff I always felt that was way over the line.

    Admittedly I never watched the older generations and even though I'll admit that the show looked... ugly that doesn't mean it wasn't good. I never watched the older generations so I can't determine if it was good or not.

    Just me though. =/
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Umm... mind if I jump in?

    I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really don't think that MLP is a "dumpster fire" as some people say. Yes, the storywriting is iffy and dodgy at times and the redemptions of Starlight Glimmer; Trixie; and Discord could have been better, but I believe the ex-villains have changed; even if it's just that tiny bit. And punishments in a show like that? I already see too much of that in Impractical Jokers. I honestly don't believe in punishments or the like. Call me naive or child-minded, but that's just how I feel.

    I understand how some people want to leave the fandom, and it's fine with me. To be honest, I have tried to leave the fandom multiple times. However; I always came back to watch the show. Did I want to become a brony? No. But the show just hooked me in, and i'm still hooked to this day. Besides, I don't fall in line with the other bronies. I just like the show a lot. And I have a crush on Princess Twilight Sparkle! So much so, I can't say her name without using her title! If that makes me a brony, then so be it!

    No offense to anyone or anypony, really. I'm exhausted.

    Aquaslash, out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Punishment for the villains in MLP are rare but it has occurred. Discord never really was all that evil to begin with. He is the physical embodiment of chaos and loves spreading it around and also loved playing minds games with others. Even the alternate timeline universe where he won was not that bad. Sure he was humiliating Celestia and Luna but they were never in any way physically in danger. And this is a being that could cause the air to turn into toxic gas if he wanted. So Discord was able to reformed as he never was truly evil. And yes he messed up once by joining Tirek but he was talked into it by false promises. Everyone can be convinced to do something wrong if talked to in a certain way. Discord only teamed up with Tirek because he wanted to cause total chaos not to steal magic or enslave the world. He just wanted to have fun.

    Starlight’s reason for reforming might not be as relatable to everyone but people can act the same way as she did at first when it comes to friendship. I know what it’s like to lose a best friend for a reason beyond your control. My best friend abandoned me literally the week after my mom died and losing him as a friend messed me up pretty badly for about two years. I became extremely depressed to the point I didn’t see any reason to clean my apartment and I lost it because I was so depressed and I refused to socialize with anyone out of fear of being hurt even more. I still blame myself for him abandoning me and believe that I must have done something wrong. A couple of weeks ago I ran into a mutual friend we had and I had not seen since before my mom died and it hurt me deep inside talking tto the guy. It was only five minutes but I really wanted to cry there. I keep hoping that I won’t see thee mutual friend ever again because he brought back painful memories for me. I’m still terrified at letting anyone knowing me completely as a result.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really don't think that MLP is a "dumpster fire" as some people say. Yes, the storywriting is iffy and dodgy at times and the redemptions of Starlight Glimmer; Trixie; and Discord could have been better, but I believe the ex-villains have changed; even if it's just that tiny bit. And punishments in a show like that? I already see too much of that in Impractical Jokers. I honestly don't believe in punishments or the like. Call me naive or child-minded, but that's just how I feel.
    No they haven't. At all. I've already explained why. Try responding to what I actually posted/said.

    Of course punishments belong when acts are clearly criminal. I don't care what the **** the show is called.

    I understand how some people want to leave the fandom, and it's fine with me. To be honest, I have tried to leave the fandom multiple times. However; I always came back to watch the show. Did I want to become a brony? No. But the show just hooked me in, and i'm still hooked to this day. Besides, I don't fall in line with the other bronies. I just like the show a lot. And I have a crush on Princess Twilight Sparkle! So much so, I can't say her name without using her title! If that makes me a brony, then so be it!
    Then your one of the rare few who don't expect others to act like it's the best thing ever even when it's clearly not. Most of the other so-called 'bronies' expect me to swallow everything as if it's the most delicious thing I've ever tested, when in actuality, it's the worst tasting creation ever concocted.

    Regardless you didn't actually respond to what I said, my reasoning or anything really.

    You want me to stay? Give me actual reasons why I should stay. Because right now... I don't see any.

    Punishment for the villains in MLP are rare but it has occurred. Discord never really was all that evil to begin with. He is the physical embodiment of chaos and loves spreading it around and also loved playing minds games with others. Even the alternate timeline universe where he won was not that bad. Sure he was humiliating Celestia and Luna but they were never in any way physically in danger. And this is a being that could cause the air to turn into toxic gas if he wanted. So Discord was able to reformed as he never was truly evil. And yes he messed up once by joining Tirek but he was talked into it by false promises. Everyone can be convinced to do something wrong if talked to in a certain way. Discord only teamed up with Tirek because he wanted to cause total chaos not to steal magic or enslave the world. He just wanted to have fun.
    This changes nothing and you still didn't really respond to what I said about him. The fact remains that he's an ******* who only cares about Fluttershy and really no one else. In other words... he's a self-entitled *******. Like The Miz or Samoa Joe in WWE.

    But as I stated earlier I can't really argue my point about Discord. Because I just don't like him and likely never will. He's too much of an ******* who goes out of his way to be a jerkass. That's not a character I don't think I can like. EVER.

    Starlight’s reason for reforming might not be as relatable to everyone but people can act the same way as she did at first when it comes to friendship. I know what it’s like to lose a best friend for a reason beyond your control. My best friend abandoned me literally the week after my mom died and losing him as a friend messed me up pretty badly for about two years. I became extremely depressed to the point I didn’t see any reason to clean my apartment and I lost it because I was so depressed and I refused to socialize with anyone out of fear of being hurt even more. I still blame myself for him abandoning me and believe that I must have done something wrong. A couple of weeks ago I ran into a mutual friend we had and I had not seen since before my mom died and it hurt me deep inside talking tto the guy. It was only five minutes but I really wanted to cry there. I keep hoping that I won’t see thee mutual friend ever again because he brought back painful memories for me. I’m still terrified at letting anyone knowing me completely as a result.
    I'm not responding to your little story because it has nothing to do with the point I made. Though I get you were trying to use it as an example.

    Your response is also lackluster and fails to actually have any real content though. I don't see how its so ****ing hard to stop yourself, take a deep breath, and then move on with your life instead of going in the complete opposite direction and becoming a de-facto dictator. This dumb ***** failed to even try to put herself out there and make other and new friends. Which is really kind of worse. She didn't have the common sense to try to make other friends and instead became a de-facto dictator then cheated and used time magic because she lost. Which also means she'll resort to cheating when she loses. Not really the best trait to have either.

    Regardless, what Ms. OP Mary Sue did and her response to it really only proves that she has absolutely no common sense in any way whatsoever.


    P.S.: I can do this all night. Give me actual reasons to stay and convince me that I'm wrong. Which I don't think your going to be able to do. So good luck with that.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    It reminds me of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. When Darth Vader killed Palpatine, Luke Skywalker showed a bit of forgiveness to him.

    ...Even though he blew up his sister's home world, also slaughtered a whole classroom filled with children and did a few other things. No, if you do those things, there can be no forgiveness IMO.


    It's not like a villain from this one cartoon I've seen (forgot its name) where the main villain, who has destroyed several cities and places filled of people and creatures, had FINALLY died. Through his faithful followers, he was brought back to life. ...But as a baby. The main heroes then stole the baby and brought him to his parents, who had raised him to be a spoiled brat the first time, and gave them a second chance where they made sure they did it right, raising their son with morals and good lessons, disciplining him well and raising him up to be a good creature. Redemption arguably works here because, when you think about it, it's not the same creature. ...It is, but it isn't. It's been reborn without any memory of his past life, and cannot be held responsible for the actions his past self did.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    It reminds me of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. When Darth Vader killed Palpatine, Luke Skywalker showed a bit of forgiveness to him.

    ...Even though he blew up his sister's home world, also slaughtered a whole classroom filled with children and did a few other things. No, if you do those things, there can be no forgiveness IMO.


    It's not like a villain from this one cartoon I've seen (forgot its name) where the main villain, who has destroyed several cities and places filled of people and creatures, had FINALLY died. Through his faithful followers, he was brought back to life. ...But as a baby. The main heroes then stole the baby and brought him to his parents, who had raised him to be a spoiled brat the first time, and gave them a second chance where they made sure they did it right, raising their son with morals and good lessons, disciplining him well and raising him up to be a good creature. Redemption arguably works here because, when you think about it, it's not the same creature. ...It is, but it isn't. It's been reborn without any memory of his past life, and cannot be held responsible for the actions his past self did.
    But that was actually decent. You can't compare these two because they aren't comparable. At all.

    You could also make the argument that Vader still got what he deserved in the end because he died.

    Also don't compare this Dumpster Fire to Star Wars. Just don't. Because they are not comparable to each other in any way whatsoever. Star Wars is on a much higher level compared to this. So your comparison doesn't really work here. In fact, comparing the two actually proves my point. Because every 'redemption' in every different entertainment material is different. You can't really compare the two when it's abundantly clear one is significantly better than the other.

    Comparing that redemption in Star Wars to MLP: FiM only really proves how HORRIBLE it was.

    I don't know what cartoon your talking about so I'm not responding to your other point. But like I already said, every redemption in every entertainment material is different and really not comparable to one another and really only proves how HORRIBLE a redemption was compared to another one.

    In other words... don't try comparing other redemption's from other series to this because it really only proves how HORRIBLE the MLP: FiM ones really are.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Lets see if I can help at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
    1. First let's talk about the obvious ones. First up is Starlight Glimmer. This character was a decent and legitimate villain. De-facto dictatorship. You don't see that all that often. So I applauded it. Until the S5 finale. Her reasoning for what she did was the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard of in my entire life honestly. She did all that because she lost a friend? Wow. Just wow. Go look the freaking friend up. Or... here's an option... make new friends.
    Hence why subsequent episodes have made it plain that Starlight has a lot of issues, even an ambiguous disorder, a compulsion to solve problems with magic, anger issues, and a tendency to act without thinking. She didn't go and make another friend because losing the only one she had made her lose all her confidence in it working, and she directed her anger in an obsessive and illogical way. Even with the support of friends it has taken her a while to improve herself.

    It doesn't help matters either that her powers are fueled by her emotions, and she clearly gets more unhinged the more emotional she becomes.

    Starlight likes to take the easy way out, i.e. using magic and manipulation to stay in control and avoid being vulnerable. After she was hurt by losing Sunburst (who was basically all she had, she had no other friends and her family was very neglectful according to Word of God) she was faced with the choice of potentially being hurt again or creating a place where she could be friends with others on her terms only and be so in control that she would never be hurt again. For a pony with such limited social and life experience combined with so much power such a place would be quite tempting.

    Unbelievably rushed, made no sense whatsoever, and just horrible in general. This idiot practically committed a crime. Messing with the time-space continuum is, to me, worse then murder. Yet she was forgiven as if nothing happened and everyone of the characters pretends that it didn't happen and never happened. No. Just no. There should have been a punishment. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. End of freaking story. She committed a crime and deserved a punishment. Don't believe me? Has anyone else gotten away with a dictatorship scot free and forgiven as if it never happened? The answer here should be obvious. Research dictatorships in history if you don't believe me. The common sense answer is NO. DICTATORS AREN'T FORGIVEN AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED.
    It was more of a cult than a dictatorship, but something you need to understand is that Equestria is an EXTREMELY forgiving place. If you want to improve yourself and are truly sorry for your actions (and it is possible to undo or mitigate the harm from such actions) then ponies tend to see letting said individual work for the better of the world as being more logical and beneficial than locking them up or other such punishments. The only ones who get such punishments are those that remain both dangerous and antagonistic (Lord Tirek, the Shadow). If you can't accept that is how their world works then it will indeed be hard to enjoy such redemptions.

    And basically setting the timeline right meant that technically all those false worlds never happened, can one be punished for something that never happened? Not to mention she had no idea she was causing that kind of damage and was horrified once she accepted it was real (trouble was she first got angry and denied it, believing Twilight was trying to trick her).

    Also, Starlight punishes herself plenty.

    Has anyone else that has used mind control gotten away with it and treated as if it never happened? Again... the answer is blatantly obvious and common sense.
    Yes they have. Twilight herself, if you recall the "Want it Need It" spell from season 2. All she got for brainwashing much of the town was a bit of stern talk from Celestia, and likewise the same happened to Starlight (i.e. Twilight was stern with her and some of the others yelled at her).

    Starlight is on a high horse and needs to be taken down several pegs. She's OP and honestly, somewhat of a Mary-Stu if you ask me. I don't care how much the shows claims she studied magic. Twilight studied longer and, therefore, should be more powerful and had freaking Celestia as a teacher and we're just supposed to believe that Starlight self-taught her OP-ness? Yeah I don't think so.
    We don't know how Starlight and Twilight's educations differed, but we've known all along that Twilight was never the end-all-be-all of unicorn talent and that there have been other unicorns of similar skill (its Twilight's ultimate potential which may be higher).

    Trixie is an ego-maniacal, self-absorbed, egotistical, holier-than-thou *****. I'm sorry but she just is. Not only that... she takes every opportunity she has to annoy Twilight. THAT IS NOT A CHARACTER TRAIT. IT'S A CHARACTER FLAW AND A MAJOR ONE AT THAT.

    But to finish Trixie off once and for all... she's an egotistical ***** who thinks she deserves everything when all she really deserves is a Superman Punch to the face. She's the Kevin Owens of this show NOT THE ROMAN REIGNS OF THE SHOW SO INCORRECT ON SO MANY LEVELS.
    Indeed she is an egomaniac, self-absorbed, egotistical, etc. and annoys most ponies. She's also funny, cute, and for all her faults does have some desire to be a better pony and make friends (trouble is most ponies have trouble liking her, and she herself seems to have trouble understanding how her attitude comes off to other ponies). She's even gotten beyond her rivalry with Twilight, given how she outright tells Pharynx she "used to" hate Twilight, and gets along with her fine in "Uncommon Bond" when they play that game together (she even helps Twilight move Sunburst' luggage and shares in the group hug with her).

    And really, aside from what she did while corrupted by the Alicorn Amulet (and for which she was genuinely apologetic for), Trixie's actions are at worst those of a rude/petty jerk, not someone who "deserves a Superman punch."

    He's not redeemed either. All this jerk has proven is that he also takes every opportunity he has to annoy the characters whenever he gets the chance. AGAIN NOT A CHARACTER TRAIT A CHARACTER FLAW AND A MAJOR ONE. You know what Discord has proven? That he only cares about Fluttershy and that's it. He clearly could care less about anyone else other than himself.
    If that were the case we wouldn't have had the episodes with him having finally learned to get along better with other ponies. Heck a lot of his episodes have focused on him learning to expand his circle of friends and to not take every opportunity to annoy those around him.

    According to Discord himself Fluttershy is the pony he cares "most" about, not the only one he cares about.

    No only that, he should have been turned back to stone when he betrayed everyone when he worked for Tirek. Yet no. Once again, forgiven as if he did nothing wrong and everyone acts like it didn't happen.

    This ******* has lost his chance at redemption honestly. He should have been turned back to stone and really needs to be turned back to stone. But will he? Our wonderful writers at work once again...
    And him being integral to defeating Tirek would not factor at all into his punishment?

    As I see it his betrayal of the group was basically a symptom of his rapid reformation in the previous season. All he had really learned back then was that he desired willing companionship, and was willing to restrain his chaotic tendencies to get it. Still he viewed friendship as an burden, one with benefits that just barely made it worthwhile. Then Tirek comes and offers him companionship that would allow him to do whatever he wanted. So he takes it, believing he can have everything he did before and more, only to feel guilt for perhaps the first time in his life (as seen both when Shining Armor confronts him and when he can't bear to watch the Mane 5 get drained) and to find that a being who imposes no restrictions on you is not one who is likely to actually care about you either.

    He thus learns that friendship has a value he didn't realize before, and that Twilight's loyalty to him despite condemning his actions shows there is more to relationships than he realized (Tirek earlier claimed that the ponies considering him a friend was dependent on Discord staying in line). He thus performs a fully genuine redemption, albeit he still has his chaotic nature at times at odds with it.

    That these characters in question (Starlight, Trixie, and Discord) aren't actually struggling with what they've done. I mean... if these characters were actually consistently struggling and/or being haunted with what they've done... then maybe, just maybe I'd be more willing to accept it.
    What about Starlight? Her being haunted by her past was a major factor in a lot of her early episodes. Heck she outright has a panic attack regarding returning to Our Town.

    Also, its been made pretty clear that "not" moping about their past is how Trixie and perhaps Discord deal with it, though its not the healthiest way neither is stewing in guilt the way Starlight was plagued with for a long while. It doesn't hurt either that there is seldom reason for them to bring it up in such a way.

    They seem to be getting talentless hacks who have consistently proven that either a) they're hypocrites (Fame and Misfortune) who attack their own fandom for complaining about complaining yet they continue to shove things down our throats and expect us to just like and accept them b) they didn't actually take the extra mile and do actual research on the show. As in, oh I don't know, watching all the other episodes before they actually started writing them themselves? I mean, even I go the extra mile when I write fanfiction on media and I don't even consider myself a writer. Something else that should have been flat out common sense. I even did this back when I was true fan of this show/series and wrote an insane crossover fanfiction with this and a bunch of other media (anime, video games, other cartoons, etc.) When I wasn't sure about something, I took the time to do research and look it up to make sure I knew what I was doing and what I was talking about.

    Yet these so-called 'writers/show runners/whatever' didn't seem to do that at all and just started writing as if they knew what they were doing when they continue to prove that they don't and are flat out hypocrites. They should have watched all the previous episodes so they had a basic idea of what the show was doing, where it was going, and what to do when they started writing. Yet they didn't, clearly haven't, and seemingly never will. It's too little to late at this point to do that. But still.
    Plot holes happen in most every long-running series, but plenty of episodes have shown the writers do indeed take the past into account. Some more than others, but I am often impressed with the level of continuity various episodes display.

    As for Fame and Misfortune, to me it was poking fun at people who ignore the message of the show by arguing over comparatively minor details (or people who ignore things like how it is realistic to have Fluttershy struggle with shyness a number of times). It wasn't attacking fans in general.

    Your not supposed to be the 'same' as everyone else. Your supposed to be unique. Yourself. Different. Out of line. Not 'fall in line'

    Apparently the brony fandom didn't get this memo. Must have been lost. Or ignored. I'm guessing ignored. I refuse to 'fall in line'. End of story.
    I haven't seen said arguments so I can't really say, but perhaps your criticisms have been more antagonistic than necessary? If your comments attack things that other people like then of course they are going to argue in the defense of such things. And most people seem to have trouble putting together calm arguments for their views, which just leads to rage rather than a good debate.

    Discord is a jerk who has clearly learned nothing.
    Of course he's a jerk, but he's not as much of one as he was before, and being a jerk doesn't mean he's learned nothing. He's a being of pure chaos, if he restrains himself to just messing with others a bit then he clearly has learned something.
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 9th December 2017 at 8:15 PM.
    The defender of all things Pokemon!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
    But that was actually decent. You can't compare these two because they aren't comparable. At all.

    You could also make the argument that Vader still got what he deserved in the end because he died.

    Also don't compare this Dumpster Fire to Star Wars. Just don't. Because they are not comparable to each other in any way whatsoever. Star Wars is on a much higher level compared to this. So your comparison doesn't really work here. In fact, comparing the two actually proves my point. Because every 'redemption' in every different entertainment material is different. You can't really compare the two when it's abundantly clear one is significantly better than the other.

    Comparing that redemption in Star Wars to MLP: FiM only really proves how HORRIBLE it was.

    I don't know what cartoon your talking about so I'm not responding to your other point. But like I already said, every redemption in every entertainment material is different and really not comparable to one another and really only proves how HORRIBLE a redemption was compared to another one.

    In other words... don't try comparing other redemption's from other series to this because it really only proves how HORRIBLE the MLP: FiM ones really are.

    I dunno... I'm just going to flat out say it: Star Wars didn't have a great story to it. It wasn't terrible except for the prequels, but it wasn't amazing either. I'm also not saying I disagree with your points, cause I don't. I DO agree with them. However... I do NOT agree with you blowing up at every single thing everyone says.

    And if you don't know what cartoon I refering to, ...that's because I made that scenario up, actually. XD

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    nice meltdown
    i don't want to live through winter
    i can't stand to see everything ending

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Hence why subsequent episodes have made it plain that Starlight has a lot of issues, even an ambiguous disorder, a compulsion to solve problems with magic, anger issues, and a tendency to act without thinking. She didn't go and make another friend because losing the only one she had made her lose all her confidence in it working, and she directed her anger in an obsessive and illogical way. Even with the support of friends it has taken her a while to improve herself.
    Which only proves she has absolutely no common sense in any way whatsoever. So thanks for admitting that.

    Also she hasn't improved herself. Because she continues to do **** that she doesn't deserve to be forgiven for.

    It doesn't help matters either that her powers are fueled by her emotions, and she clearly gets more unhinged the more emotional she becomes.
    You just admitted she's OP and a Mary Sue. Thanks for that.

    Starlight likes to take the easy way out, i.e. using magic and manipulation to stay in control and avoid being vulnerable. After she was hurt by losing Sunburst (who was basically all she had, she had no other friends and her family was very neglectful according to Word of God) she was faced with the choice of potentially being hurt again or creating a place where she could be friends with others on her terms only and be so in control that she would never be hurt again. For a pony with such limited social and life experience combined with so much power such a place would be quite tempting.
    Again you have admitted that she has absolutely no common sense in any way whatsoever.

    Also I did read that BS one of the writers said about her parents. Unless it's actually confirmed in an episode I refuse to believe that. It's also no excuse for what she did either. When you have negligent parents you then find a relative who isn't negligent or get out of the situation altogether. That or overcome the negligence and strive to do everything you can to get out of the situation. Again common sense. None here for OP Mary Sue.

    I don't care if it was tempting or not. Dictators aren't forgiven. End of story.

    It was more of a cult than a dictatorship, but something you need to understand is that Equestria is an EXTREMELY forgiving place. If you want to improve yourself and are truly sorry for your actions (and it is possible to undo or mitigate the harm from such actions) then ponies tend to see letting said individual work for the better of the world as being more logical and beneficial than locking them up or other such punishments. The only ones who get such punishments are those that remain both dangerous and antagonistic (Lord Tirek, the Shadow). If you can't accept that is how their world works then it will indeed be hard to enjoy such redemptions.
    Same difference really. Cult leaders don't deserve to be forgiven either.

    It's not that I can't accept it, it's how HORRIBLY it was done for the reasons I've already mentioned and you failed to respond to.

    And basically setting the timeline right meant that technically all those false worlds never happened, can one be punished for something that never happened? Not to mention she had no idea she was causing that kind of damage and was horrified once she accepted it was real (trouble was she first got angry and denied it, believing Twilight was trying to trick her).

    Also, Starlight punishes herself plenty.
    Yes it does. Messing with time is still a crime that does not, should not, and never should be forgiven for. It's basically worse then murder.

    She also knew because she saw it and refused to believe it as if it was an an illusion. Once again... no common sense.

    No she doesn't punish herself. I've never seen a single moment in any episode (and yes I've seen them all) where she struggles with what she has done. At all.

    Yes they have. Twilight herself, if you recall the "Want it Need It" spell from season 2. All she got for brainwashing much of the town was a bit of stern talk from Celestia, and likewise the same happened to Starlight (i.e. Twilight was stern with her and some of the others yelled at her).
    That wasn't full mind control. Starlight's was flat out mind control. There are differences.

    We don't know how Starlight and Twilight's educations differed, but we've known all along that Twilight was never the end-all-be-all of unicorn talent and that there have been other unicorns of similar skill (its Twilight's ultimate potential which may be higher).
    The fact remains that OP Mary Sue couldn't have taught herself. Therefore she's an OP Mary Sue.

    Indeed she is an egomaniac, self-absorbed, egotistical, etc. and annoys most ponies. She's also funny, cute, and for all her faults does have some desire to be a better pony and make friends (trouble is most ponies have trouble liking her, and she herself seems to have trouble understanding how her attitude comes off to other ponies). She's even gotten beyond her rivalry with Twilight, given how she outright tells Pharynx she "used to" hate Twilight, and gets along with her fine in "Uncommon Bond" when they play that game together (she even helps Twilight move Sunburst' luggage and shares in the group hug with her).
    No. No she's not. At all. Most episodes continue to show that she's an egotistical, maniacal, holier-than-thou *****. From what I've seen, she continues to take every opportunity to annoy Twilight. Meaning she has learned nothing.

    Also... she has done nothing to be 'better.' She continues to act and be an egotistical, maniacal, holier-than-thou *****.

    If that were the case we wouldn't have had the episodes with him having finally learned to get along better with other ponies. Heck a lot of his episodes have focused on him learning to expand his circle of friends and to not take every opportunity to annoy those around him.

    According to Discord himself Fluttershy is the pony he cares "most" about, not the only one he cares about.
    Wrong. Practically every single Discord episode has him annoying another pony (other than Fluttershy) and just being a jerkass in general.

    And him being integral to defeating Tirek would not factor at all into his punishment?

    As I see it his betrayal of the group was basically a symptom of his rapid reformation in the previous season. All he had really learned back then was that he desired willing companionship, and was willing to restrain his chaotic tendencies to get it. Still he viewed friendship as an burden, one with benefits that just barely made it worthwhile. Then Tirek comes and offers him companionship that would allow him to do whatever he wanted. So he takes it, believing he can have everything he did before and more, only to feel guilt for perhaps the first time in his life (as seen both when Shining Armor confronts him and when he can't bear to watch the Mane 5 get drained) and to find that a being who imposes no restrictions on you is not one who is likely to actually care about you either.

    He thus learns that friendship has a value he didn't realize before, and that Twilight's loyalty to him despite condemning his actions shows there is more to relationships than he realized (Tirek earlier claimed that the ponies considering him a friend was dependent on Discord staying in line). He thus performs a fully genuine redemption, albeit he still has his chaotic nature at times at odds with it.
    Not really no.

    Also you didn't read one of my later posts where I said I couldn't argue about Discord. So I won't be responding to this. If you want to take that as me giving this point to you then go right ahead. I don't care.

    The fact remains that this guy is a ****ing ******* and I don't think I will like him. EVER.

    What about Starlight? Her being haunted by her past was a major factor in a lot of her early episodes. Heck she outright has a panic attack regarding returning to Our Town.

    Also, its been made pretty clear that "not" moping about their past is how Trixie and perhaps Discord deal with it, though its not the healthiest way neither is stewing in guilt the way Starlight was plagued with for a long while. It doesn't hurt either that there is seldom reason for them to bring it up in such a way.
    Really? How long did it last? 1 minute? Tops? That's not struggling with what you did. Struggling with what you did lasts longer than that and happens consistently. Which isn't the case with Ms. OP Mary Sue.

    Yes it does hurt them. It hurts them because it feels like they were forgiven as if it never happened or it never happened at all. That's not redemption in any way whatsoever. If they want me to forgive them... they need to actually show that they are actually struggling with what they have done. Which, as I've already stated, they aren't. In any way whatsoever.

    Plot holes happen in most every long-running series, but plenty of episodes have shown the writers do indeed take the past into account. Some more than others, but I am often impressed with the level of continuity various episodes display.

    As for Fame and Misfortune, to me it was poking fun at people who ignore the message of the show by arguing over comparatively minor details (or people who ignore things like how it is realistic to have Fluttershy struggle with shyness a number of times). It wasn't attacking fans in general.
    No they don't. At least not when to comes to the dumpster fire 'redemption's.'

    Also... it was attacking the fandom. They were *****ing about the *****ing while continuing to shove BS down my throat. That's flat out hypocrisy. Pure and simple.

    I haven't seen said arguments so I can't really say, but perhaps your criticisms have been more antagonistic than necessary? If your comments attack things that other people like then of course they are going to argue in the defense of such things. And most people seem to have trouble putting together calm arguments for their views, which just leads to rage rather than a good debate.
    They were mostly on other MLP: FiM forums.

    Of course he's a jerk, but he's not as much of one as he was before, and being a jerk doesn't mean he's learned nothing. He's a being of pure chaos, if he restrains himself to just messing with others a bit then he clearly has learned something.
    Yes he is. He continues to annoy other characters (again other than Fluttershy) at every opportunity he gets.

    That's not restraining himself. Restraining himself would be to stop being an ******* in general. Which he is clearly not going to do. Ever.

    No. He hasn't learned anything. At all. In any way whatsoever.

    I dunno... I'm just going to flat out say it: Star Wars didn't have a great story to it. It wasn't terrible except for the prequels, but it wasn't amazing either. I'm also not saying I disagree with your points, cause I don't. I DO agree with them. However... I do NOT agree with you blowing up at every single thing everyone says.

    And if you don't know what cartoon I refering to, ...that's because I made that scenario up, actually. XD
    This is actually off-topic so I won't really be responding to it. I enjoy Star Wars as it is. All of them.

    I'm just responding to people's failure of attempts to act as if I don't have a right to feel the way I do and should change my opinion immediately.

    nice meltdown
    There is no point to this post.
    I CAN. I WILL.

    The Roman Reigns (INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP) of the internet.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Up and down and all around
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    I never watched MLP but I read that the OP likes the SW prequels and that's all I need to know about his taste because Phantom Menace is one of the worst movies I have ever seen and I've seen Meet the Spartans. Nothing of worth here, move on.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
    This is actually off-topic so I won't really be responding to it. I enjoy Star Wars as it is. All of them.

    I'm just responding to people's failure of attempts to act as if I don't have a right to feel the way I do and should change my opinion immediately.

    There is no point to this post.
    Yes, you do have the right to your opinion, I agree. And you have very valid points, but the way you're going about it makes you no different than those rabid bronies.

  21. #21

    Default

    Alright, this topic has gone on long enough, and quite frankly didn't need to exist in the first place.

    OP, you seriously need to learn how to get your point across without swearing and being unnecessarily rude.

    Don't remake this topic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •