Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

Default Star Wars Discussion/Talk Thread

Welcome everyone, to the Star Wars discussion/talk thread! With the sequels and Star Wars Rebel TV Show giving the franchise a Renaissance, I feel us Star Wars fans would benefit from a thread to chat about it. Here, you can talk about, share your opinions and your own perspective/theories on the Star Wars universe. Talk about both the canon, legends and even the What-If "Infinites" continuities is welcome.

Starting this off, I should probably talk about the elephant in the room: Jar Jar Binks. Now, I don't like him, few actually do. But I don't think he "ruined the prequels" at all. The prequels had a number of problems, but Jar Jar Binks was just annoying. That's it. He didn't break canon, he didn't ruin the other characters, and I actually like his design.
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Just finished season 5 of the Clone Wars. My heart is so sad, but I understand why they did what they did. I don't know what level of spoilers are allowed here so I'll leave it alone for now, but man, I don't think I want to watch season 6 after that (seeing as season 6 is incomplete anyway). I'll probably just skip over to Rebels, which I've heard is pretty good : )
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Just finished season 5 of the Clone Wars. My heart is so sad, but I understand why they did what they did. I don't know what level of spoilers are allowed here so I'll leave it alone for now, but man, I don't think I want to watch season 6 after that (seeing as season 6 is incomplete anyway). I'll probably just skip over to Rebels, which I've heard is pretty good : )
    Don't skip season 6. While Ahsoka might only have a small cameo, the season itself sets up some important events in the universe.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Season 6 is worth watching. It doesn't tie up any of the loose ends that Season 5 left, but it does answer a lot of the unanswered questions from the prequel trilogy and some of the things that happen cross over into Rebels eventually.

It's not really necessary to watch it if you really want to skip it though, but it's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Don't skip season 6. While Ahsoka might only have a small cameo, the season itself sets up some important events in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Season 6 is worth watching. It doesn't tie up any of the loose ends that Season 5 left, but it does answer a lot of the unanswered questions from the prequel trilogy and some of the things that happen cross over into Rebels eventually.

It's not really necessary to watch it if you really want to skip it though, but it's good stuff.
    No kidding? Well, I guess Rebels will have to wait just a little bit longer. I'll give Season 6 a try : )
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Starting this off, I should probably talk about the elephant in the room: Jar Jar Binks. Now, I don't like him, few actually do. But I don't think he "ruined the prequels" at all. The prequels had a number of problems, but Jar Jar Binks was just annoying. That's it. He didn't break canon, he didn't ruin the other characters, and I actually like his design.

If only Lucas continued what he had originally intended for JJ Binks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

Also this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2BNdF_NCVQ
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    If only Lucas continued what he had originally intended for JJ Binks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

I refuse to buy that level of subtlety from the dude who wrote the romantic dialogue between Anakin and Padme.

But yeah, JJ is kinda overhyped, he was unfunny and fairly pointless in the grand scheme of things, but he didnt "ruin" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post

Is that true? Is the whole "Darth Jar Jar" theory real? Because even if George Lucas says so, remember this is the guy who claims stuff "was always part off the plan" even though it wasn't. Otherwise him claiming that "I always meant Leia and Luke to be siblings" makes their interaction in Episode 5...queer, to say the least. Guess GRRM never got over that ship being sunk
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

Is that true? Is the whole "Darth Jar Jar" theory real? Because even if George Lucas says so, remember this is the guy who claims stuff "was always part off the plan" even though it wasn't. Otherwise him claiming that "I always meant Leia and Luke to be siblings" makes their interaction in Episode 5...queer, to say the least. Guess GRRM never got over that ship being sunk
    At the very least, it makes the prequels a bit more bearable. Isn't that a good thing?
    Still finite.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegagoldfish View Post
    At the very least, it makes the prequels a bit more bearable. Isn't that a good thing?
    I will only accept if it was intended all along. Headcanon is not enough to improve them. Besides, as mentioned the whole "Jar Jar" thing has virtually nothing to do with the problems of the movie.

On another note, I've got a big twist I wish was implemented. That twist? What if Padme faked her death? She pretended to die when in reality she went into hiding, planning against Palpatine and her now ex-husband. She got some plastic surgery to change her looks, and assumed a new identity: Mon Mothma. Yes, I think that it would be an awesome twist, and believe me...no-one would suspect it. It would give this background character in the original trilogy a whole new spin
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

I will only accept if it was intended all along. Headcanon is not enough to improve them. Besides, as mentioned the whole "Jar Jar" thing has virtually nothing to do with the problems of the movie.

On another note, I've got a big twist I wish was implemented. That twist? What if Padme faked her death? She pretended to die when in reality she went into hiding, planning against Palpatine and her now ex-husband. She got some plastic surgery to change her looks, and assumed a new identity: Mon Mothma. Yes, I think that it would be an awesome twist, and believe me...no-one would suspect it. It would give this background character in the original trilogy a whole new spin
    NO to that Padme theory. Please no.

As for Jar Jar, I think it's only deemed a possibility as he is the one who hands the Chancellor the power required to start the Clone Wars. But do I think it's true? Not at all. George disheartened fans a little with how ROTJ was done, and adding something like this into the prequels? I think the man deserves a bit more credit than that.
    Pokéballing since 2001

I like Jar Jar..... but I love Jar Jar jokes(Especially Robot Chicken's). I've never actually had hatred towards a Star Wars character before....... well unless Hayden's version of Anakin counts? I love Clone Wars Anakin

I just hope Ahsoka doesn't die next week. I don't think I could handle losing another favorite character in less than a year.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I like Jar Jar..... but I love Jar Jar jokes(Especially Robot Chicken's). I've never actually had hatred towards a Star Wars character before....... well unless Hayden's version of Anakin counts? I love Clone Wars Anakin
    Not really, that's just two movies out of the six he appeared in. Also the 2008 Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. On another note, I never got why Watto isn't despised instead of Jar Jar. Sure, he's annoying and arguably racist, but he always came off as race-neutral and was at least a well-intentioned guy(or a secret Sith Lord, either way). Watto's a slaver, he's clearly racist, he never gets any comeuppance...
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

How was Watto racist?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Oh I love these series I like both the prequels and the older films, the're all amazing! But I'm interested only in movies, I tried to read some books and also some other stuff connected with this universe... But for me all except movies are just for commercial purposes and has no such value as the movies. Sorry, if somebody don't think so, it's just my own opinion
    Smothered hopes and shattered dreams (c)

So who do you guys think Rey's parents are? I'm on Team Luke
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

I have no doubt in my mind that Luke is supposed to be the fake-out.

Im feeling she's a Kenobi.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that Luke is supposed to be the fake-out.

Im feeling she's a Kenobi.
    I highly doubt that she's a direct descendant of Kenobi's.
    Pokéballing since 2001

I'm curious as to just how much of the Legends continuity will have some adaptation. I think they'd canonize KOTOR, if only because of how well it sold. I want to see more written about Darth Ruin, who's actually part of Lucas' notes for the prequel background. The intention there was he was the Jedi who formed the Sith 2000 years ago. Personally, I like the idea of the Sith being more recent than in the old EU because that gives them more time in the background for more varied stories
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    How was Watto racist?
    I read some bull online that he was "A Jewish Stereotype". I personally don't really believe it or care, but that what I'm guessing he's talking about.

Any of you guys remember this trailer? To me at least, this gives some weight to the idea that Rey could be related to Luke. But then again, this line was only said in the trailer, not the movie itself so I don't know.
    #PokemonMoon

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

She has to be Luke's. If she was Han's that is essentially the brother/sister angle all over again, I'd prefer them being cousins.

Luke's, I've been saying it all along and I'll continue to scream it from the rooftops.

I wasn't wrong about anything in the film other than my prediction that Hux would die on Starkiller base (I said Rey would be the story's Jedi and force user, NOT Finn; Kylo would be Han and Leia's kid; etc, etc. I made about fifteen/twenty predictions, including the one about Luke being Rey's father, and have yet to be proven otherwise in this case and one or two others)
    Pokéballing since 2001

So who else enjoyed the Rebels season finale?

Spoiler:- Rebels:

Over all, I am SO glad Rex didn't die. I had nearly had a heart attack on the season trailer when Sabine screamed. "Rex!" The way she screamed it sounded like she saw him die.

And whatever happened to the other two clones, they just totally disappeared after that episode and only Rex stuck around.
    Last edited by Zoruagible; 31st March 2016 at 3:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    So who else enjoyed the Rebels season finale?

Spoiler:- Rebels:

Over all, I am SO glad Rex didn't die. I had nearly had a heart attack on the season trailer when Sabine screamed. "Rex!" The way she screamed it sounded like she saw him die.

And whatever happened to the other two clones, they just totally disappeared after that episode and only Rex stuck around.
    Wolfe and Gregor stayed on planet what's it called according to Fionni. To say fans were not pleased would be stating the obvious.

I do agree with all your points especially the last one.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

That finale was freaking amazing!!! Honestly I'm so happy they didn't outright kill Ahsoka, it would be a shame for such an amazing character like that to be killed.

The thing that shocked the crap out of me though was them blinding Kanan, I really didn't see that coming.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast