Thread: Five Nights @ Freddy's Movie Confirmed for Pre-Production

Default Five Nights @ Freddy's Movie Confirmed for Pre-Production

Holy Monkeys, it's come to fruition. It has a good chance of sucking, but you know. One can hope.

Like my stuff? Go Check out My Youtube Channel! Sensei Pong

Oh yeah... your mom!

Go read my FanFics!
    And as the Wind Blows: Epidemic in Hoenn [PG-13 - for Overall Intensity] - Thriller/Suspense - work in progress
    Pika Pika Picnic [PG-13 for Crude Humor] - Comedy - Completed

Holy nuggets, Warner Bros. is making a FNaF movie?! Since when?

I'm really hyped for this mainly since I'm a huuuge FNaF fan. xD

I'm seriously hoping they don't screw this one up.

Bit confused as to how they'll make a movie (probably just gonna be 3 hours of jumpscares).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, NFL Writer/Mocker, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

A very awkward choice for a film, could see this going very wrong very quickly. Idk we'll see...

They'll probably flesh out more backstory to the souls of the dead kids inside the animtrons but who knows?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Literally nothing to write in sig

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

I get the feeling that this is going to bomb as hard as the Doom and Super Mario Brothers movies. Its very difficult to create a movie based on a video game, especially one that relies heavily on immersing the player in the game. So unless they're doing something different than the games, such as a explaining the back story, then I'd understand how it could be good. The problem, however, is that the expectations for video game movies are too low, and usually end up being played on the SyFy channel with all the other poorly made movies. Honestly, I hope they don't try to capture the feel of the FNaF games because honestly, they don't transfer into a movie format. If anything, they turn it into a backstory/lore thing, explaining the history of the movie for all the people who don't know it, and maybe even answering some unanswered questions about the series itself.

This is a good time to mention that I have never played the games and only know the story of them based upon what I've heard from friends and podcasts. Hell, for the longest time I thought that they were about Freddy Krueger.

Well, if video game movies are going to work, what the video game companies need to do is to form units dedicated to making movie versions of their games so as to have complete creative control over them (which in essence means being as faithful to the source material as possible). I heard Sega has done so, and I've said for years Nintendo should do the same thing - there's a lot of money to be made, as long as the units hire the right people (I'm dying to see a Pokemon live-action movie for instance). In my example, Nintendo's movie unit would produce adaptations of their movies, and they would be distributed by studios who sign agreements to distribute certain franchises (almost every major studio would be eligible, the only exception would be Sony, since they are one of Nintendo's competitors, and them distributing an adaptation of a Nintendo game would represent a significant conflict of interest).

That being said, I've never played FNaF, if this movie is made, I'll give it (the movie) a look, and maybe consider playing the game after seeing it.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 9th April 2015 at 5:43 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

garbage movie from a garbage trash "game". only tards would defend this trash. ride to hell retribution is better than this crap. fnaf is cancer.
    gen 6 Fc 3067 5372 2038 Kevin
    second 3ds fc 1607-3951-9913
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin24 View Post
    garbage movie from a garbage trash "game". only tards would defend this trash. ride to hell retribution is better than this crap. fnaf is cancer.
    Ow, I cut my self on all this edge.
    Do you mind explaining yourself or are you just here to troll.

I have mixed feelings about this.

For one thing, oh God why Warner Bros. and Scott Cawthon?

The other is hey, congrats, Scott Cawthon, your independent game has been greenlit for a film when there are other triple-A titles/franchises Warner Bros. could've done but decided on yours instead. That is a huge accomplishment, and I can definitely see why he jumped to the idea. Here's to hoping he oversees the project, but we'll see. Video game movie adaptations rarely go well, and when it comes to Five Nights at Freddy's, while there's a lore surrounding the games, it's already been told, and there's not much else to do with it, I suppose. Far as I know, Scott's leaving it as a trilogy, and any loose questions that still pop up are up to fan speculation at this point. If the movie does anything more with it, kudos to them, but the execution needs to be precise. And that's where it'll make or break the film. And here's another thing: the games have an audience, thus it makes sense they'd make a movie, because there are a good number of fans who'll probably go see it. So I don't think the movie's going to bomb unless it does go down the route of the Super Mario Bros. movie and changes things around. (You know this is going to do better than the Angry Birds film, because the hype for FNAF is still high.) I can definitely see there being creative liberties when it comes to FNAF, but I don't think it'll stray too far from the source material.

You know what's going to make this hilarious? Consider there are a lot of kids (I think, I know my young brothers and cousins like the game and I can see them freaking out over the idea of a movie) who know of the game, and maybe even like it. The movie's going to be no less than a PG-13 rating (I'll be very impressed if they manage a PG-rating), and they'll shoot for that rating, but it'll probably end up getting an R-rating, or at least close to it before Warner Bros. goes in and tweaks some things to slip it into the PG-13 rating. That's the one thing I'm actually going to keep my eye on when it comes to this film, if it makes it through production.

But yeah, there is that chance it'll probably end up being another Jumpscare: The Movie like every other horror title out there. We'll see how it goes.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 3 - 4/14/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You know what's going to make this hilarious? Consider there are a lot of kids (I think, I know my young brothers and cousins like the game and I can see them freaking out over the idea of a movie) who know of the game, and maybe even like it. The movie's going to be no less than a PG-13 rating (I'll be very impressed if they manage a PG-rating), and they'll shoot for that rating, but it'll probably end up getting an R-rating, or at least close to it before Warner Bros. goes in and tweaks some things to slip it into the PG-13 rating. That's the one thing I'm actually going to keep my eye on when it comes to this film, if it makes it through production.

But yeah, there is that chance it'll probably end up being another Jumpscare: The Movie like every other horror title out there. We'll see how it goes.
    That's a neat point. I can see the Producers aiming for a PG-13 rating. Unfortunately, the more I think about it, I get the feeling that the movie may be very mediocre.

At face value the FN@F's games are just a horror management jumpscare simulator, but the lore of the game does get pretty crazy and twisted if you dig your way through all the easter eggs.

My biggest worry is that it turns into a gorefest, which granted has it's place. But with the type of story and game FN@F's is, I think it'd be better if it was implied and leaned toward a more psychological and supernatural scare point.

It'll be interesting to see where this project goes. I'll try to post an update once I find some more new news.
    Like my stuff? Go Check out My Youtube Channel! Sensei Pong

Oh yeah... your mom!

Go read my FanFics!
    And as the Wind Blows: Epidemic in Hoenn [PG-13 - for Overall Intensity] - Thriller/Suspense - work in progress
    Pika Pika Picnic [PG-13 for Crude Humor] - Comedy - Completed

If they can't make a good movie out of Silent Hill, they can't make a good movie about a game series focused on cheap cash ins.

This is getting a movie? I feel like they're just trying to milk FNaF until it's dry
    BIG Marvel fan(Especially of Spider-Man) and proud of it.

The only scary thing about the movie will be the fan fictions they show and (most) of the fans. < I like the game my self also.
    Bronies are a epidemic if you want them gone copy and paste this into your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This is getting a movie? I feel like they're just trying to milk FNaF until it's dry
    They succeeded with that when they made the 3rd game.

This is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 19th April 2015 at 3:17 AM.

Yup:

Seems like Hollywood is really interested in launching a AAA Video Game Movie series ... again. This is like the 6th Video Game movie announced this year.

I guess with Disney buying out Marvel they're scrambling to find the next Gravy Train.

Cool! I'm going to watch this!

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!

Good god this needs to die already

The first game was cool enough but it has become so oversaturated it's everywhere

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the games, but I kind of find the backstory interesting. This could be interesting.

But you know, I kind of hope it's just one movie, and that's that. I don't really hate the games, but even I think they're going overboard at this point.

It really didn't need a movie period.

I have nothing against the games myself, but they're aren't good enough to warrant a film. This is getting made due to popularity and success not quality and that bothers me. :/

Yup:

The question to all this is: Are they basing it off of the original Freddy Fazbear's, or the one in the original FNaF, or are they doing it on the horror attraction, which has the most story?

Credit goes to Ya-King on dA
    Claimed Omega Ruby.

I wonder want rating they're going to aim for since the story is disturbing of itself:
    Kids murdered
    bodies stuffed into suits
    souls of dead kids control suits
    bite of 87
    animatics roam the restaurant at night attacking Night guard (for over 30 years till FNAF 3)