Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 17

Default Big Brother 17

With the two night season premiere ending tonight, I think it's appropriate we establish a thread for this.

We'll be meeting a whole new set of houseguests tonight, but I've gotta say that out of the first set, Da'Vonne is certainly my favorite! And I would have never guessed that Audrey is transgender! She is so brave for announcing that on national television. Kudos to her!

So yeah, this is just a place to discuss anything about Big Brother 17.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!

As with every year of this show, I give it an emphatic "meh". Until they do what they do with most shows (and change locations mid-way through the season), this show will always be NBC's version of the real world.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, NFL Writer/Mocker, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Not sure how I feel about this group so far, I need to see more of them.

Oh, and for anyone wondering about the Twin Twist, the internet has already figured it out:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/92803...s-they-thought
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's about that time of year again, ain't it everyone?

Anyway, I'm getting all caught up on the first two episodes, saw episode one and I gotta say I'm not too interested in much of the house, might have to learn more about them. I guess I find James to be pretty cool but beyond that not really anyone else pings my interest. Currently halfway through episode two and I guess the Twin Twist is somewhat interesting but I feel like none of the house guest are particularly great? James is cool but beyond that I'm not really that enthusiastic about anyone else? Hopefully that'll change as we learn more about them.

Edit: Two Amazing Racers from season's past entering the house, not sure how to feel about this.

2nd Edit: Completely caught up and we have James and Jason as our first double HoHs of the summer, neither is all that bad. Both have somewhat likable personalities and seem like two I could root for, let's see where it all takes us from here on out.
    Last edited by Blue Saturday; 28th June 2015 at 12:01 AM.

James and Jason are trying to backdoor Jace, and most of the house seems to think he's a threat, so he's probably going to be the first one to go (I'm not sure exactly, but I think they probably will have the numbers to get rid of him). If Jace wins immunity or the nominations are kept the same, I could see them getting rid of Steven, he comes off as a big social threat (even though he's really not, for a Big Brother Superfan he's playing a pretty bad social game so far).
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 29th June 2015 at 3:07 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

My pre-season favorites were Audrey, Vanessa, and Da'Vonne. But that's kind of changing, lol.

Spoiler:- Spoiler Alert:
    Last edited by state of grace; 30th June 2015 at 10:30 PM.

am i not the only person here to have the thought "why is this still on the air??" the first 1-2 seasons may have been popular for its originality of locking people in a nice house and have the deck it out with competitors but thats about it. its all rather tacky and repetitive much like many reality tv shows. bachelorette series, the current survivor season 78 and the singing reality shows come to mind. bachelor/ette series and singing shows may have mimimal entertainment value. big brother series have as much entertainment merit as putting honey boo boo on repeat 24/7 365 on full volume. i dont know what exactly honey boo boo is but i got the basic gist of the show from a certain comedy central late night show. i wont post the name as the show isnt shy for coarse language and controversial episode topics.

i did tune into big brother for a few eps for the first season or 2 but it proved very tacky very fast and i tired of it very fast and dropped the show. its rather sad to see reality shows stoop to flashy outlandish plots to get peoples' attention.
    Last edited by nel3; 1st July 2015 at 5:08 PM.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

Honestly, this season has more drama on the live feeds than all of BB16 combined and it's only Week 1. I absolutely adore this cast, I think Alison Grodner really hit a home run this season. While I'm not a huge fan of the double HOH/BotB comps, I think the BB Takeover could prove to be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing this season play out!
    Big Brother 17 >>>
    Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance ~ September 23rd

Someone please slap some sense into Audrey before she becomes the next Devin.

Then again, it may be too late.

Spoiler:- Spoiler Alert:

omfg Da'Vonne is seriously hilarious I get so excited when she opens her mouth. xD I can't see her lasting long but hey..

Don't have the live feeds though.. I was so excited when the Canadian BB had them for free but I never watched them. Not sure if I can stream from Canada anyways but yeah.

FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

You know what would be really interesting? A double eviction the first week. Too bad it's too late for that to happen this week.

It would be more interesting to have no eviction this week. Week one was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It would be more interesting to have no eviction this week. Week one was insane.
    Now that would be trollish. Jace not being evicted would make a huge difference in the house's dynamic.

The BB Prom was absolutely adorable on the feeds last night, I'll be so upset if they don't show it on the live show tonight! They all had a prom date (Jace and Audrey didn't participate) and they had a red carpet hosted by Day, a couple's talent competition and a nice dinner together. Really nice non-game interaction going on.

In other news, there seems to be a slight shift towards people wanting to work with Austin and Jace to flip the house and boot Jackie but it's not happening. They don't have the numbers. Jace is most definitely going home tonight.
    Big Brother 17 >>>
    Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance ~ September 23rd

Someone refresh my memory here. What is the advantage of having someone throw the BoB over backdooring? Because either way Shelli or one of her allies has to win PoV to get Da'vonne out.

This thread is starting to get pretty dead, WTF guys?

Anyway, Da'vonne is out, Austin and Vanessa are HoH, and the house is catching onto the Twin Twist. Should be an interesting week.

I'm going to cry tears of joy if Austin/Vanessa can successfully backdoor Jeff as planned

Okay, so I'm confused about the Twin Twist. Julie said that they have to "survive" through 5 evictions to play the game separately, but Da'vonne already spilled the beans to the rest of the house and tried to use it to her advantage to stay in the game. And apparently other houseguests are doing the same (I guess through the livestream). What exactly does it take for the Twin Twist to end? You'd think that once the secret is out, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, so I'm confused about the Twin Twist. Julie said that they have to "survive" through 5 evictions to play the game separately, but Da'vonne already spilled the beans to the rest of the house and tried to use it to her advantage to stay in the game. And apparently other houseguests are doing the same (I guess through the livestream). What exactly does it take for the Twin Twist to end? You'd think that once the secret is out, that's it.
    I think it doesn't matter if they're discovered, the only need to make it past five evictions. Unlike in BB5, Julie never mentioned they have to be undiscovered. And I'm PRETTY sure Julia confirmed that she and Liz only need to make it past five evictions to survive when she confessed to Vanessa about being a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by state of grace View Post
    I think it doesn't matter if they're discovered, the only need to make it past five evictions. Unlike in BB5, Julie never mentioned they have to be undiscovered. And I'm PRETTY sure Julia confirmed that she and Liz only need to make it past five evictions to survive when she confessed to Vanessa about being a twin.
    See, that seems a bit too easy. The whole point of the Twin Twist is it's supposed to be a secret, so it would make more sense if they fail if the house finds out about it.

I can honestly say I was disappointed with last night's eviction. I expected the outcome, but I'm still sad that Mama Da is gone.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponATime View Post
    I can honestly say I was disappointed with last night's eviction. I expected the outcome, but I'm still sad that Mama Da is gone.
    It does feel like she's gone a bit too soon. But it's not as if she didn't deserve it, her mouth really killed her game.

The BB Gods gave Da' every opportunity to save herself. She had a chance at BotB, PoV, the Last Laugh, and she figured out the twin twist. She deserved to go home.

History seems to be repeating itself a lot this week. Once again, John gets put up as a pawn, throws the BoB, and pulls himself off in PoV, forcing the HoH to put up another pawn.

Also, I find it hilariously ironic that Audrey is so much of a target that she's not a target. She's going to end up in the Final 3 at this rate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast