Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers

Is anyone going to watch Megaforce tomorrow? I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I don't usually watch Power Ranger, more of a Kamen Rider guy myself, but is the morphing scene normally that dull or is that how they do it in the Super Sentai version?
    It's similar to Goseiger without the backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    Is anyone going to watch Megaforce tomorrow? I know I am.
    Thank to Nick's weird airings of the show I will miss it since I'll be at work. I'll have to catch the Sunday re-run.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I don't usually watch Power Ranger, more of a Kamen Rider guy myself, but is the morphing scene normally that dull or is that how they do it in the Super Sentai version?
    Life should be easier

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

The sentai morphs are usually lacking compared to the PR ones, Zyuranger and MMPR being big examples. In Zyuranger they just shout Dino Buckler and transform.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Verizon is calling it Samurai which confused me at first till I checked Wikipedia. Then again Verizon makes mistakes a lot. They tend to use the japanese names of the Pokemon in the Pokemon episode descriptions for new eps so yeah someone needs to get on the ball at the big old V

I watched Power Rangers Megaforce today, it was cool. The robot does kind of look like Wall-E. And that place Ernie's Brain Freeze reminds of the place where the original Power Rangers hanged out.

Megaforce is incredible! Loved the opening, the transformations, the rangers themselves. Glad we got to see tidbits of their personalities before things got underway. Something that Samurai failed to at first.

My favorites so far are Emma and Jake.

Love all their symbol animals as well. Good ol thanks to Gosei for explaining his choices for them as well.

That was a MEGA win!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Wow. That easily reminded me of the first episode of MMPR. Not that that's necessarily all bad...just wish there was some more creativity behind these characters' personalities.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Emma makes a good Asset *shot*

But in all seriousness I really enjoyed this compared to other series. This could very well be my top 3 next to Ninja storm and Dino Thunder.
    Interested to see what the fat guy and the goofy looking teacher end up doing since I get the feeling there is more than meets the eye with them. Cool to see an Alpha and Zordon reboot XD

The only thing that grinded my gears.

Why did Troy look at Time Force Red? Wouldn't MMPR red make more sense?

Not bad for Episode 1. And with the Goseiger/Gokaiger adaptation, I'd say I'll be sticking around for this season. Plus, unlike with Samurai, the MMPR callbacks are more appropriate given it's the 20th anniversary.
    Last edited by matt0044; 2nd February 2013 at 8:12 PM.

I'm waaaay to old for Power Rangers...but I watch it anyway with no shame I saw the first episode of Mega Force today. I already like it better then Samurai. And while that's not saying much, it's the truth. I like the outfits of these rangers a lot and the little throwbacks to MMPR it gave. It reminded me of my childhood growing up with MMPR. I hope this will be good.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Did anyone else feel as though Megaforce felt like a true blue Power Rangers series a lot more than Power Rangers Samurai?

Because that's how I felt. Which is a good thing.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I'm interested in the song they'll use for the season after Super Megaforce.

Samurai-Super Samurai using MMPR remix theme : okay, it was because Saban finally got PR back.
    Megaforce-Super Megaforce using MMPR remix theme : okay, it was because this is the anniversary series.

But if the next series also use MMPR remix theme, then it's obvious they're just lazy lol

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'd like to think when those enemies appeared Gosei was about to make new Power Rangers himself when other beat him to the punch. It's kinda hilarious when you think about it:

Lightspeed Rescue (since Lost Galaxy didn't take place on Earth):

Gosei: Tensou! Demons have arisen and are attack Mariner Bay. Summon five teens with attitude.

Tensou: Right awa-! Oh wait, never mind. Some people made rangers themselves and are handling it themselves quit well.

Gosei: ...

Time Force:

Gosei: Tensou! Mutant criminals from the future have coming to claim the past! Summon five teens with-!

Tensou: No need, Gosei. There are five rangers from the future (minus Wes) as well. They have it under control.

Gosei: ...

Wild Force:

Gosei: Tensou! The Orgs have come to claim the planet as their own! Summon-!

Tensou: Um, sorry. There are already rangers out there.

Gosei: Oh, screw it! Wake me up when it's 2013!

The cast have returned to NZ to film Super Megafroce. Hopefully we get some hints, spoilers or something about it in the next few weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I'd like to think when those enemies appeared Gosei was about to make new Power Rangers himself when other beat him to the punch. It's kinda hilarious when you think about it:
    LOL

Anyway

I agree with anyone saying that the rangers shouting their name in the OP is really unneeded. Honestly, their main target demographic should be able to READ already.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I agree with anyone saying that the rangers shouting their name in the OP is really unneeded. Honestly, their main target demographic should be able to READ already.
    Yeah, it's not really epic and you hear their names in the show enough to catch on.

IDK. I've seen people getting Gia and Emma mixed up on other forums lmao. It looks like there was a reason to use the roll call XD

Watching the episode now. Here are my thoughts as I watch:

Ok, past Power Rangers in an epic battle. That looks awesome...What do you mean it's a dream?

One minute in and one of the Rangers is already blabbing on about environmentalism. I can't believe I honestly thought that we got that out of our system in Wild Force.

The Blue Ranger is stupid.

Okay, if what the Red Ranger says is correct, then one of the major themes of this season should be unity. It will be backed up with the epic Ranger fight at the end of the season with all of the Power Rangers together, right? Right?

The Black Ranger has it on for the Yellow Ranger(Gia). I'm having difficulty accepting Gia's actress because she doesn't seem to be taking her role very seriously.

These new alien dudes think that attacking Earth is a good idea. Hasn't every Power Rangers season ever prove that attacking Earth is a bad idea?

The animatronics for the villains is even worse than it originally was for Rita's goons.

The new robot lacks the charm of Alpha 5. New Zordon, whatever happened to five overbearing and overemotional humans? Why do they have to have talent?

The Pink Ranger (Emma) is not a carbon copy of Kimberly thank God. Why are the aliens attacking an abandoned forest?

Why aren't the new Rangers in awe of the statues in the Power Chamber. Shouldn't they be asking, "Are these the Power Rangers? You know, those ones who stopped several alien invasions?" Yes Red, you have seen them in your dreams. Want to know where else you have seen them? National television!

New Zordon is called Gosen. Weird name. Now who are these aliens that are such a serious threat? Why don't the new Rangers know who the Power Rangers are? Gia, why are you such a skeptic when you know who the Power Rangers are? Emma, what do you mean "what is this ranger deal?" Do any of you watch TV? Do you use the internet?

The morphers look stupid. Moving on.

Gosen's teleportation tech is really bad. He can't spawn them on their feet? Blue (Noah), Emma, fight already or morph. It is not hard, the aliens will let you do it.

Power Rangers theme song. Awesome as always. Morhers still look stupid.

Black Ranger with an axe. Where have I seen this before?

Noah should stick with guns. That seems to work for him. Emma can fly. Cool. It is good to see the powers come while they have the suits. No civilian powers.

If you're already morphed, why do you need an explosion behind you now?

Music in the fight. Good to see the Wasserman factor in place.

Where are the Zords? Who are the aliens? Why is Gia annoying? These are questions that need to be answered.

Zords not being in the first episode has happened many times before, I see no reason in asking a question about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    Why aren't the new Rangers in awe of the statues in the Power Chamber. Shouldn't they be asking, "Are these the Power Rangers? You know, those ones who stopped several alien invasions?" Yes Red, you have seen them in your dreams. Want to know where else you have seen them? National television!

New Zordon is called Gosen. Weird name.

Why don't the new Rangers know who the Power Rangers are? Gia, why are you such a skeptic when you know who the Power Rangers are? Emma, what do you mean "what is this ranger deal?" Do any of you watch TV? Do you use the internet?
    First, the new Zordon is Gosei, not Gosen. Gosei is a Japanese word that literally means "five star" (go = five, sei = star).

Second, I haven't watch the episode, but is there really any scene in Megaforce where another PR team is shown on TV?
    Because otherwise it is safe to assume that all this time there's a lack of news regarding them. A few rangers aren't even on the same world - Lost Galaxy for example, they're not fighting on Earth, they're fighting on Terra Venture. And apparently In Space fights are supposed to be on various different planets.

And Red not recognizing them even after seeing them in his dream may be because he forgot the dream already. It's easy to forget a weird dream, you know.

As for Gia.....again, I haven't watch the episode, so for this one I'm honestly curious, is there anything that points out that she already knew about Power Rangers?

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    First, the new Zordon is Gosei, not Gosen. Gosei is a Japanese word that literally means "five star" (go = five, sei = star).

Second, I haven't watch the episode, but is there really any scene in Megaforce where another PR team is shown on TV?
    Because otherwise it is safe to assume that all this time there's a lack of news regarding them. A few rangers aren't even on the same world - Lost Galaxy for example, they're not fighting on Earth, they're fighting on Terra Venture. And apparently In Space fights are supposed to be on various different planets.

And Red not recognizing them even after seeing them in his dream may be because he forgot the dream already. It's easy to forget a weird dream, you know.

As for Gia.....again, I haven't watch the episode, so for this one I'm honestly curious, is there anything that points out that she already knew about Power Rangers?
    Everything I said in my review was something I asked myself as I watched the episode in real time. So things like getting Gosei's name wrong is from hearing how it was pronounced in the episode itself.

No, the past Rangers are never shown on TV, but we can assume that they have been in the past considering the FULL SCALE ALIEN INVASION back in Power Rangers In Space. That would be something the national news would report on. Also, Red did not forget the dream. The moment he saw the past Rangers, he automatically remembered the dream immediately.

Gia never says she knows who the Power Rangers are, but for the reasons listed above, she would be quite out of touch if she didn't.

No, the past Rangers are never shown on TV, but we can assume that they have been in the past considering the FULL SCALE ALIEN INVASION back in Power Rangers In Space. That would be something the national news would report on.
    considering Tommy in In Space should be still a teenager while in Dino Thunder he's a teacher, we can assume several years have passed since In Space, and by the time Megaforce starts, the full scale alien invasion during the In Space era has been long forgotten.

Also, Red did not forget the dream. The moment he saw the past Rangers, he automatically remembered the dream immediately.
    I see. The way you're saying it makes it (to me at least) seems like he didn't.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast