Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon 2012: Überload [Discussion Thread]

I'm finished...

It's only SM and Lost that are left...

I'm still working on my post ... *Has not motivation, but is close to being done*

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

I've been waiting too. But If everyone is like me, then its finals week, and their mind has been elsewhere.

Hey guys ... Sorry about not being here, but I've been busy with my exam results coming soon and playing Dishonored (which is in no way related to the next test) and what not ...

So, anyway, I have news. WE ARE NOT ABANDONING THIS RP. And SM is officially booted - it's been almost, what, three weeks? And I am here with cookies! Or in other words, more plot.

The second test will be a test of Strategy. Essentially, it's a one-sided stealth challenge, and the odds are most definitely not in your favour. You will be put in a large area of some sort, slightly relating to your host Entity's type (a graveyard for Giratina, a stone castle for Regirock, an underground power station for Zapdos ... get creative!), filled with trainers. Your task is to get from point A to point B, without being seen or leaving any traces of yourself behind. If you are seen by a trainer, YOU MUST BATTLE THEIR RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED UBERPOKEMON, for example, Slaking or Hydreigon. Which will most likely lead to a OHKO. Oh, and you're allowed to use your Pokemon's powers to help you.

I'm giving you a lot of scope for improvisation here, so go ahead and show me what you got. This can turn out either insanely suspenseful or dull and lifeless. It's your choice!
    Shoot Confirmed.

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka / gif by a friend

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Wow, this is going to be fun.. LETS DO THIS!!!

Slaking is not that overpowered. Truant. xD

I already went to the sky for the battle. Where would Ray send Tyler for this test? :/

*puts creativity goggles on* LET'S DO THIS MAN.

I've already got an idea for a corn-cob maze of a sort, where the world is like the rolling-log world of Animal Crossing, and there are secret passageways through the corn-cob, which could lead to anything, really. Evelina will be given a map of the maze, which will show what the maze will be like when it's flat with all the secret passageways (though not how they're connected) and trainers, not round. She'll have to find Uxie, whose location is also marked on the map. Good idea? Yes, I borrowed this from Professor Layton, like I borrowed from Inazuma Eleven in the first test, but... still!

Eeeks! Something to do~ hmmm.... what on earth should I use for Meloetta? Maybe... a doll house? And Meloetta can move the dolls? I have no clue...

Hey, guys, I'm really sorry about this but I have bad news. I'm going out of the country for Christmas and the New Year and will be in Dubai from the 22nd until the 2nd of Jan. So what do you think we should do? Put the RPG on hiatus until I get back, shut it down? Any other alternatives? Let me know.
    Shoot Confirmed.

Aw, that's too bad. But maybe we should wait to see if everyone is actually still interested in this.

I'm interested, but is the RP going to survive that hiatus? >_>

Hm..... I'm really interested, the plotline's great, people just need to post more often. So... I vote let's put it on hiatus.

I did lose interest... I thought it would be more of a Jump in and go, not these stupid tests that give me writer's block... I vote on reworking the structure and put it on hiatus..

Tumblr

Other things I have to do (in no particular order):

1) Finish my Shippers' Secret Santa presents
    2) Draw some more sketches to decorate my dA page
    3) Draw a humanised version of one of my Pokémon characters
    4) Write a short story because I stupidly promised my friend to do so
    5) Practise the piano and eventually complete the piece I'm currently learning for my Grade 7 exam
    6) Try to find a mobile site where I can watch Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone
    7) Finish Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    8) Play some more Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    9) Read Jane Eyre over the holidays
    10) Revise for the three Sciences and Chinese
    11) Practise the viola and learn the three pieces for my Grade 3 exam

So... put it on hiatus, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I did lose interest... I thought it would be more of a Jump in and go, not these stupid tests that give me writer's block... I vote on reworking the structure and put it on hiatus..
    I'm glad you said that! I agree, the tests killed it.

I thought we were chosen by the Legendary. Why in Arceus' name do we have to perform so many tests? They should already know what their Vassal is like when they picked them. >_>

I've been in a few, "Humans with the powers of Legendaries" RPs before, and most of them die before we even get the powers... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I'm glad you said that! I agree, the tests killed it.

I thought we were chosen by the Legendary. Why in Arceus' name do we have to perform so many tests? They should already know what their Vassal is like when they picked them. >_>

I've been in a few, "Humans with the powers of Legendaries" RPs before, and most of them die before we even get the powers... >_>
    Same with me, it died before most of us even left the building! Sometimes GMs are to busy, or it just is to boring and doesn't want anyone to participate anymore. Also, especially with RPG's that involve being in one location most of the time, or changes locations way to quickly, I've noticed those really tend to die often.

Tumblr

Don't worry guys... On seeing these comments, I've decided to do away with the third test (we can always explain it as lack of time).

Also, our RPG is no longer in the future, so hurray for the end of the world! :P
    Shoot Confirmed.

Yeah, because with the world ending, I don't think they'd have time to torture test their vassal anyway.

What are you talking about? The world did end. We were attacked and killed by vicious zombies. xD Did you know Heaven has Wi-Fi? That's how I'm posting this from the afterlife. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    What are you talking about? The world did end. We were attacked and killed by vicious zombies. xD Did you know Heaven has Wi-Fi? That's how I'm posting this from the afterlife. xD
    Really? Heaven looks a lot like my house...

More to the topic, yeah, the tests did kinda kill it. I think we should only use one test, and just get going with the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSketchQueen View Post
    Really? Heaven looks a lot like my house...

More to the topic, yeah, the tests did kinda kill it. I think we should only use one test, and just get going with the rest of the story.
    I agree - one test was okay, but I really can't bring myself to write up another one.

Agreed. The test were overkill, (but I did have fun writing this second one. V.V I was transported to a Valconao. I am still interested and just waiting on someone to post so I know where we are going with this. Also, do we still have the powers now are no. You said we could use it during the second exam.

All right so we have three options currently:

1. Put it on hiatus and continue with the second test, and then get into the story
    2. Put it on hiatus and continue with the story (ignoring the second test)
    3. Shut it down

We'll be taking an informal vote here, which will be closed tomorrow afternoon in my time zone (around 6:30 GMT).
    Shoot Confirmed.

I vote Number 2.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast